• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 6 |OT| Forza turns 10

Fox Mulder

Genuinely didn't expect that. Here's to free cars with the monthly patches becoming a thing.

Similar to the AMR-One in FM4, I imagine work on the LM Nismo started as soon as it was unveiled, well before anyone knew how the concept would turn out. Good or bad, though, I'm not one to turn down an LMP, so many thanks, T10!

It's a neat design and a bold move, hopefully it actually works next year.

Azzawon

Really loving the MP4/4, it's so exciting to drive. Just a shame that it's X999, so completely uncompetitive against the Lotus E23.

I maed dis:
Screenshot-Original.png

willbsn13

So the announcement was nothing? I don't know what's happening anymore.

No, it's coming, just not today. I think people got confused, cause Johniwanna said a treat was coming on RVM but it was actually just him dressing up for today's stream.

The actual surprise announcement was slated for this week, but not on Tuesday according to the article

"Next week promises to be an exciting one. In addition to the release of the latest DLC car pack for Forza Motorsport 6, we’ll have the details on the next Forza 6 content update, both of which will be arriving on Tuesday. And then we’ve got something special coming that I think you folks are going to really like. I don’t want to say anything more right now – in fact, I can’t say anything more – so I’ll just leave it at that. Such a tease!"

So it looks like it'll be later this week.

willbsn13

*itsfuckingnothing.gif*

Maybe it's backwards compatibility announced later this week with all the other games???

But they're announcing all the BC games next week so that wouldn't make sense, considering the announcement is supposed to come later this week. Unless it gets delayed beyond that, then it could very well be FM2-FM4 + FH1 BC if you own FM6 or FH2 or something like that.

cazar

Neo Member
The latest car pack really hits The spot on. Loving The MP4/4 and The addition of Nissan GTR-LM is a welcome one. I guess with the group5 cars we already have it's kinda given we would get Porsche 935/78 once the Porsche expansion hits. Prospect of that gets me mad excited :)

TEH-CJ

Banned
Hey guys. I picked up Forza 6 and I am having a serious issue with the wheel rotation with the controller. It has been an issue with Forza since they added cockpit view. When Im using a controller the wheel animation only turns 90 degrees ( maybe less) and its extremely off puting. Anyway I can change this without using a wheel? If not then Im trading this in.

Hey guys. I picked up Forza 6 and I am having a serious issue with the wheel rotation with the controller. It has been an issue with Forza since they added cockpit view. When Im using a controller the wheel animation only turns 90 degrees ( maybe less) and its extremely off puting. Anyway I can change this without using a wheel? If not then Im trading this in.

No, aside from seeming like a crazy thing to focus on, can you switch to the hood view?

Also using a wheel doesn't change it.

Mascot

Come on guys - it wouldn't be a Turn 10 announcement if it wasn't prick-teased for eons then delivered like a wet fart in a white suit. I'm STILL chuckling away at Wendl's strobing wink and pneumatic elbow when fielding questions about night and weather in the run up to FM3's release. "We aren't talking about those features just yet!!!11"

danowat

Banned
Come on guys - it wouldn't be a Turn 10 announcement if it wasn't prick-teased for eons then delivered like a wet fart in a white suit. I'm STILL chuckling away at Wendl's strobing wink and pneumatic elbow when fielding questions about night and weather in the run up to FM3's release. "We aren't talking about those features just yet!!!11"

There's no such thing as bad publicity ;)

willbsn13

vB9B5.gif

As one of those luddites who thinks the LM NISMO is trying to answer a question that no one asked, I was pleasantly surprised at how fun it is to drive in FM6. Lap times at Le Mans are spot-on, and the driving experience-- dancing right on the edge of traction through the corners, then digging out of them and bombing down the straights-- seems similarly faithful to the real thing, too.

danowat

Banned
Suprise!!! (not april the first is it?)

http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/fm6_fallout4_f100

Turn 10 Studios and the Bethesda Game Studios, the makers of the upcoming Fallout 4, today announced a partnership that will give fans the chance to experience a taste of Fallout 4 in the Xbox One-exclusive racing game.

As part of the partnership, players of Fallout 4 on Xbox One will receive the Chryslus Rocket 69, a fictional car from the Fallout universe, which will be made available in Forza Motorsport 6 in 2016. In addition, Forza Motorsport 6 players will receive an exclusive Fallout 4-themed version of the 1956 Ford F100 in the game. With an iconic Vault Boy theme, this Fallout 4 version of the F100 will be sent to Forza 6 players today in celebration of the upcoming Nov. 10 launch of Fallout 4 on Xbox One.

410a8f7e-9e45-4454-9594-1cea9252c4ec.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtC03CnbMKM

This. 100% this. I didn't see a price. Are these free? And is the Ford just a livery? Or did they actually tweek it?

Not the news I wanted to hear, but I will be in that Rocket for sure!
Chrysler thing is for FO4 players on Xbox.

Kinda sucks because I want it but I'm getting Fallout on PC.

Fwiw, the Chrysler Rocket 69 is being given to players of Fallout 4. This jives with the way these promotions have been happening on XB1. So if you have a buddy that owns it or whatever...

As one of those luddites who thinks the LM NISMO is trying to answer a question that no one asked, I was pleasantly surprised at how fun it is to drive in FM6. Lap times at Le Mans are spot-on, and the driving experience-- dancing right on the edge of traction through the corners, then digging out of them and bombing down the straights-- seems similarly faithful to the real thing, too.

I tried it now too. First 5 corners or so I thought it was a piece of garbage, then I got better at handling the car but additionally it also felt like the car handled better after a few turns (was it the tyre temperature? I didn't look at it). Then it was a lot of fun. a) because it's faaast and b) because it's feels like no other car in Forza, it feels really "wrong", but "accurately and believable wrong", just like you imagine a car with a weird drivetrain combination like the LM NISMO's should be. Longitudinal weight shifting all the fucking time, FWD understeer, then AWD neutrality and rigidity, insane boost pressure. Weird, fast fun.

Usually I think Turn 10 is a little lazy with fine details like e-diffs, torque vectoring, automatic adjusted diffuser downforce, variable split center differentials... those sorts of things. I also give Polyphony Digital more credit for at least caring more about these details, BUT... but this car feels spot-on and done with love for detail. Given how close the relationship between Nissan and PD is and how awesome and accurate the LM NISMO's handling in Forza feels, I can only hope that Nissan didn't just license it, but someone there also gave the car a spin in both games. It's almost as if Turn 10 wanted to stick it to those guys with an "FU, we can do that too!".

Now, please show us too and give us a Warthog with front and rear wheel steering ;)
(and make sure the 991 Porsches have that too! Speed dependent, up to 3°, get going)

Nucking futs, the new Viper ACR is 1.2 seconds quicker than a 918 around Laguna Seca; I'll throw a shit-fit if this BAMF isn't in the December pack.

frontieruk

Are the specifics of the ForzaGAF muscle championship worked out? I'm not sure what I should be building.

I think it's just anything from the historic muscle group minus Corvettes up to 600 PI.

as per this post :-

week5_headerets51.png

GAF League Series 2: Historic American Muscle

Series 1 is over. Say good bye to C class. For the next 4 race series we will be picking historic American muscle cars and bumping them up to max B class (600PI). Devildoll, I expect to see something with at least 800hp from you. Here is a list of the cars you can pick from:
1971 AMC Javelin AMX
1970 AMC Rebel "The Machine"
1970 Buick GSX
1970 Chevrolet Camaro Z28
1970 Chevrolet El Camino Super Sport 454
1970 Chevrolet Chevelle Super Sport 454
1969 Chevrolet Nova Super Sport 396
1969 Chevrolet Camaro Super Sport Coupe
1967 Chevrolet Chevelle Super Sport 396
1966 Chevrolet Nova Super Sport
1964 Chevrolet Impala Super Sport 409
1970 Dodge Coronet Super Bee
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
1969 Dodge Charger Daytona HEMI
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
1968 Dodge Dart HEMI Super Stock
1973 Ford XB Falcon GT
1971 Ford Mustang Mach 1
1969 Ford Mustang Boss 302
1965 Ford Mustang GT Coupe
1970 Mercury Cougar Eliminator
1968 Oldsmobile Hurst/Olds 442
1971 Plymouth Cuda 426 HEMI
1971 Plymouth GTX 426 HEMI
1973 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am SD-455
1969 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am
1969 Pontiac GTO Judge

Pick one car and tune it, you will have to be in the same car for all races in the series and use the same car for all time trials in the series. You can use different tunes for each race, but the car has to be the same.

To help pick your car here is a list of tracks we will be racing on during Series 2.
Bernes Alps - Stadsplatz Circuit
Sebring - Full Circuit
Road America - Full Circuit (No Communist Corner!)
Watkins Glen - Full Circuit

Race day schedule: We will have a 4 lap practice race with collisions off. You will try to get your best time in this race. The real race will use best lap times in ascending order for grid placement. Collisions will be always on, make sure to turn off sim damage on your end.

As always the lobby will be up at 3:00pm Eastern, but this series will happen on Sunday. The race should take 15 - 20 minutes to finish. After the race feel free to stick around and do more races with the group.

Can't make it on Sunday? Join in the fun by doing this weeks time trial. Post your best time on this weeks track before the race on Sunday to be included. Points will be given on time trials as well as the actual race.

Sunday race will be Bernes Alps - Stadsplatz Circuit
Don't forget that the car you use in time trial is the car you use on race day.

Who can join?
Anyone on GAF is more than welcome to join. Just picked up FM6? leave me your GT and I'll send you an invite on race day. Simple as that.

Looking forward to see what cars people pick. I don't have the car pass and I'm not sure if any of the DLC packs have cars that fit in to this category. So if I missed anything, just let me know.

Questions/Suggestions? I'm all ears.

The Nismo LM in FM6 is FWD only?
To me it felt like front heavy AWD with the power ratio between front and back changing constantly.
God, I hope, I'm not wrong and it's not just a 75% front constant split center differential setting or some other cheating. I wouldn't be surprised though, the AWD of the Ferrari FF definitely doesn't feel like it's on and off automatically.

danowat

Banned
To me it felt like front heavy AWD with the power ratio between front and back changing constantly.
God, I hope, I'm not wrong and it's not just a 75% front constant split center differential setting or some other cheating. I wouldn't be surprised though, the AWD of the Ferrari FF definitely doesn't feel like it's on and off automatically.

I noticed it because under power it just feels like a FWD, and also spinning the wheels only heats the fronts.

I'm not sure FM even simulates hybrid systems?

I noticed it because under power it just feels like a FWD, and also spinning the wheels only heats the fronts.

I'm not sure FM even simulates hybrid systems?

Ok, it felt very front heavy AWD yesterday on the Ring, I tested it now on the airfield with some exaggerated suspension settings to promote the rear under acceleration. I agree with you now, it's just a fucking FWD car with some weird (look at those values!!!) suspension settings and an insane amount of downforce.

Reading up on the LM NISMO it seems however that the car mostly is FWD only:
dailysportscar.com said:
It returns its energy to the front wheels through the same shaft that runs through the V6’s 60-degree engine V, and can send the rest, if the team decides to use AWD, to the rear through a long driveshaft beneath the tub that connects to a differential which then feeds the rear wheels through a complex system of secondary driveshafts and outboard gearboxes.

---------------------

Edit:
What are the thoughts in adding the new Holden? We already have the Ford Falcon XB, which was never sold in the States so I think we should allow the Holden.
But then what about the Capri and the King Cobra(or are the Forza versions V6 only?) ?

zorbsie

What are the thoughts in adding the new Holden? We already have the Ford Falcon XB, which was never sold in the States so I think we should allow the Holden.

Since I don't have the DLC pack, DO IT! Makes sense to me and as long and it's not a huge advantage to using it, which I doubt there is, I'm cool with it. Besides I want to see it race.

Top Bottom