• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 6 |OT| Forza turns 10

danowat

Banned
Reading up on the LM NISMO it seems however that the car mostly is FWD only:

When using the I/C engine, certainly, it's the 8MJ flywheel system that drives the rear wheels, but as FM doesn't simulate such systems they just send 752hp to the front wheels, that said, the car in question didn't use it's 8MJ system to drive the rear wheels at Le Mans, and instead opted to send 2MJ to the front wheels, so based on that, the FM6 car is somewhere near the spec ran at Le Mans.

Still, it would have been nice to have the car as it was intended to run, no reliability issues in FM ;)

Since I don't have the DLC pack, DO IT! Makes sense to me and as long and it's not a huge advantage to using it, which I doubt there is, I'm cool with it. Besides I want to see it race.

Right on man, I will be tearing shit up in that!

Or, you know, probably crashing into walls.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
The race is this Sunday yeah?

I just hope we can get it done in time before the football game starts.

Go Broncos

When using the I/C engine, certainly, it's the 8MJ flywheel system that drives the rear wheels, but as FM doesn't simulate such systems they just send 752hp to the front wheels, that said, the car in question didn't use it's 8MJ system to drive the rear wheels at Le Mans, and instead opted to send 2MJ to the front wheels, so based on that, the FM6 car is somewhere near the spec ran at Le Mans.

Still, it would have been nice to have the car as it was intended to run, no reliability issues in FM ;)
The article I quoted said that the full KERS power hits the front wheels on corner exit only after it reached 70mph.

Btw It's the same in GT6, FWD only. The difference is, in GT6 the GT-R LM NISMO has 613hp + unknown hybrid hp, but at least GT simulates hybrid systems and kinetic energy recovery.

G Rom

Been a long time:

mobile.1336xuzx.jpg

mobile.1344jurm.jpg

mobile.135zruwk.jpg

mobile.136aau6j.jpg

mobile.1378nu69.jpg

mobile.138jsuft.jpg

mobile.139rwuns.jpg

mobile.140b5uo0.jpg

BADNED

Even though they opted for the 2MJ class in the end, because they had to due to the rules, the illusionary hybrid system they planned for the car was never functional.

danowat

Banned
Even though they opted for the 2MJ class in the end, because they had to due to the rules, the illusionary hybrid system they planned for the car was never functional.

The car is a proper folly, it'll never be competitive at 500bhp + 2MJ through the front wheels, not in a million years.

Just a reminder that much of North America changed time last Sunday morning, so we should probably have one of those "the race is in X hours" things before tomorrow.

Devildoll

racetime same as prior weeks?

t1446926400z1.png

Edit: i havent spent more than a couple minutes on choosing a car, still dont know what i want to use and sure as hell havent spent any time tuning it yet.
This race might be more entertaining than usual.

ohh... it is tomorrow, not today.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
This series sounds more like my kinda racing (B class and muscle cars? hells yea) but moving the race day to sunday makes it virtually impossible for me to join. Can't be doing that monday morning when I gotta go to work :(

zorbsie

Only got time to fool around with my car during my extra life marathon. Looks like it's another series of me in the back of the pack. lol

Devildoll

Can someone give me advice on what could be wrong with my car?

Specifically the 4 degree negative camber I'm getting while cornering.

Is the suspension to soft? is it the anti rollbars?
Or do i have to add a rollcage to the car in order to fix this?
Or maybe it isn't all due to the car, but just how banked the corners are on this track.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpfnKhDJ5WY&t=1m1s

How many were there today?
When I got home, I ate something, smalltalked and boom it was 25 minutes too late. Probably could have made it, had I hurried a little more.

frontieruk

How many were there today?
When I got home, I ate something, smalltalked and boom it was 25 minutes too late. Probably could have made it, had I hurried a little more.

We started 23minutes past the hour.... With the racing order screwed as people left the lobby to sort chat audio

Top Bottom