• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 6 |OT| Forza turns 10

zorbsie

I won't be around next weekend. Do we want to wait till the week after to continue the series? Or does someone want to take over this weekend and setup the races?

Devildoll

Devildoll what happened?
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/SoundScream13/video/12640893

You were primed to pass me.

Yeah it is something that happens occasionally in that corner with my tune on that car, i don't quite get it myself, it starts going into the inner wall of the corner, and when i jam my gamepad max right, nothing happens until it's too late.
In the cockpit, the wheel doesn't even turn until i hit the wall most of the time.
It's like the steering aid doesn't think it is a good idea to go opposite lock or something.

On your video it looks like it started turning fast enough though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdyKemIVkzs
As soon as i try to compensate at about 13 sec you notice the initial jolt in the wheels, as i hit full right, but as you can see, it does not turn very quick on the telemetry or if you watch the wheels after that

7BrRb8n.gif

Saw this and had to post it here.

Please add the Mclaren F1 LM and Ferrari F50GT to the game as DLC..Its a superb game but these have always been staples to the series!

If anyone from Turn 10 posts here- please add these two cars. By the way- such an awesome game!

zorbsie

Haven't updated the standings. Was busy this week with freelance and getting ready for a trip. I'll be offline for a week. Back in time for next weeks race.

Noobcraft

Haven't updated the standings. Was busy this week with freelance and getting ready for a trip. I'll be offline for a week. Back in time for next weeks race.
Remember, I won the first race and the time trial. Also shipping to Minnesota is much cheaper than Greece.

Mascot

Please add the Mclaren F1 LM and Ferrari F50GT to the game as DLC..Its a superb game but these have always been staples to the series!

If anyone from Turn 10 posts here- please add these two cars. By the way- such an awesome game!

BADNED and Helios both post here (and Dan lurks in the shadows - hi Beardy!)) so I'm sure they are working on your request as we speak.

danowat

Banned
Was hoping the recent FM survey might contain some things that would actually lead to the improvement of the franchise.

I was wrong, it's just mainly related to how impressed you were with paying £80 for thew game and extra items.

leng jai

So I see they never did fix the drivatar glitch. Played for the first time in over a month and came second in both career races, with first being a good 20 seconds in front.

So I see they never did fix the drivatar glitch. Played for the first time in over a month and came second in both career races, with first being a good 20 seconds in front.

I don't agree. I've gone back to the career since the updates and it's a world of difference. Having great battles with the AI now.

The Drivatar bug is fixed. It's very noticeable on the Unbeatable difficulty.

If you're playing at lower difficulty because that's where your skills at, then the system can pull in 1-2 Drivatars that can kick your ass.

Devildoll

I was really bummed out that i wouldn't make the race this week, because am going to go bowl today.

Then i realized, for the second week in a row. that the race is on sunday!!!
yaay!

The F50 GT was in Forza from 2 to 4, along with the F40 Competizione/LM, both cars need to come back. As for the Mclaren F1 LM, I have been waiting for it since the first Forza.

Lima

So the trigger stop in the Elite controller is actually amazing for some that plays Forza with one.

If you play Forza with the controller and without ABS you know the struggle because how sensitive the trigger is. Now I found most of the time after 80% braking the tires lock up. Now if you flick the trigger stop for LT on it limits the braking power you can apply to exactly 80%.

You can not lock up your tires anymore and still slam the trigger. Pretty damn great.

frontieruk

So the trigger stop in the Elite controller is actually amazing for some that plays Forza with one.

If you play Forza with the controller and without ABS you know the struggle because how sensitive the trigger is. Now I found most of the time after 80% braking the tires lock up. Now if you flick the trigger stop for LT on it limits the braking power you can apply to exactly 80%.

You can not lock up your tires anymore and still slam the trigger. Pretty damn great.

Sold

HokieJoe

Okay, I just played Forza 6 on a friend's XB1. I did free play and ran Spa in the rain and Nordschleife full at night. It was fucking glorious. Glorious I tell you. My XB1 is supposed to be here Monday, so I look forward to diving into this game soon.

frontieruk

Okay, I just played Forza 6 on a friend's XB1. I did free play and ran Spa in the rain and Nordschleife full at night. It was fucking glorious. Glorious I tell you. My XB1 is supposed to be here Monday, so I look forward to diving into this game soon.

We look forward to you joining us in our driving league...

Remember guys no race tonight...

Mascot

Isn't that tantamount to cheating though? Surely a big part of the decision to forego ABS is the extra challenge involved in threshold braking, carefully modulating the pressure to tread the fine line between arresting your speed and locking the wheels. If you are going to use a mechanical crutch so you can blindly "slam the trigger" to bypass that challenge without any skill whatsoever then you might as well just activate ABS and be done with it, getting a more realistic experience in the process.

Unless of course the real reason for disabling ABS is to maximise the XP/credit payout at the end of the race and not to make the game more realistic or challenging (and ultimately more immersive and a lot more fun). To me it seems pointless to disable ABS only to jam a brick under your brake pedal in case you press it a little too hard.

*shrugs*

Stevey

Isn't that tantamount to cheating though? Surely a big part of the decision to forego ABS is the extra challenge involved in threshold braking, carefully modulating the pressure to tread the fine line between arresting your speed and locking the wheels. If you are going to use a mechanical crutch so you can blindly "slam the trigger" to bypass that challenge without any skill whatsoever then you might as well just activate ABS and be done with it, getting a more realistic experience in the process.

Unless of course the real reason for disabling ABS is to maximise the XP/credit payout at the end of the race and not to make the game more realistic or challenging (and ultimately more immersive and a lot more fun). To me it seems pointless to disable ABS only to jam a brick under your brake pedal in case you press it a little too hard.

*shrugs*

But your braking distances are longer with ABS on so saying you might as well just put ABS on is a dumb thing to say

Top Bottom