• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 6 |OT| Forza turns 10

RawNuts

giphy.gif

Lima

Yeah just bought it. Already asked this but I'll do it again. Anyone that played it with a controller can recommend some good settings? I heard the default was awful.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Yeah just bought it. Already asked this but I'll do it again. Anyone that played it with a controller can recommend some good settings? I heard the default was awful.

I got it on PS4 from some glitch for $3 and I had the same issue.

RawNuts

I spent hours adjusting the controller settings for Project CARS, and went back and adjusted them after each big patch that adjusted anything about the controller settings. I never got them to a point where I thought "this feels right" and I've since forced a refund on the game so I can't launch it again and see what I ended up with; sorry. :/

Lima

I spent hours adjusting the controller settings for Project CARS, and went back and adjusted them after each big patch that adjusted anything about the controller settings. I never got them to a point where I thought "this feels right" and I've since forced a refund on the game so I can't launch it again and see what I ended up with; sorry. :/

Pfff wow. Thanks for nothing.

RawNuts

Pfff wow. Thanks for nothing.
Nothing is usually what people come to expect from me. :D

Have a skim through the PCars OT. You won't get the answer you're looking for here unfortunately.
Yup, I remember this all too well; searching through threads and trying various people's settings. Trying to get the best controller setup for PCars even led me to browse GameFAQs, gross.

danowat

Banned

Deem Drivatars, quality AI :)

That wouldn't happen if you were playing Project Cars. Just ask Danowat. Fortunately it's one sale for $20 this week.

You're right, it wouldn't!

Steering deadzone 6 (or lower if you can get away with it, will depend how tight your pad is, some old and/or sloppy pads will need the deadzone increased)
Steering sensitivity 0 (shame this won't go any lower)
Throttle deadzone 10
Throttle sensitivity 30 (if you are finding it hard to smootly get the power down on corner exit, reduce)
Brake deadzone 10
Brake sensitivity 30 (if you are finiding it hard to smoothly brake into corners, reduce)
Speed sensitivity 50 (you don't want this any higher, if you can get away with it lower, go for it, all it does it reduce steering lock in parallel with speed, so the faster you go, the less steering lock you have, which can make it impossible to take fast corners)
Controller filtering 50 (still haven't figured out what this one does for certain, but at higher levels it seems to add a deadzone to the steering)
Input mode 2
Advanced on
soft steering on
visual wheel filtering off (you may want this on if the "jittering" steering wheel in cockpit mode distracts you)
opposite lock help off

Back on topic........

I've sorta lost the will to play FM6, not sure what it is, but I think it's the lowest amount of hours I've put into a Forza game before getting tired of it, and it's a real shame.

What the game does good, it does very, very good, but it just doesn't do enough good to justify my time playing it, and that's a shame, I remember the first time I played FM2 and being absolutely blown away with it, it was head and shoulders above anything else on consoles at the time.

I had the same feeling playing FM4, it was the pinnacle of the series IMO, but I just can't put my finger on what it is with FM6 that doesn't sit right.

The races just aren't particularly exciting, the field is too spread out to get a sense of wheel to wheel racing, the races are too short, and the physics (at least with slick tyres) too wonky, just makes trudging through the career a bit of a chore.

Let's hope FM7 pulls something special off!

RawNuts

I've sorta lost the will to play FM6, not sure what it is, but I think it's the lowest amount of hours I've put into a Forza game before getting tired of it, and it's a real shame.
Why not put in some online time with us? Or do you not care for online play much?

danowat

Banned
Why not put in some online time with us? Or do you not care for online play much?

Oh no, I do like it, but I play at weird times of the day, and my play sessions sometimes have to be cut short at short notice.

I like racing online, but it's not really conducive to the way I have to play games, which usually means me having to stop racing mid-race as I can't pause it, so asynchronous multiplayer, hot lapping, or single player makes up the majority of my game time.

Mascot

I'm still enjoying FM6 but I only get to play it once a week at most, and in short bursts (and with a controller). It makes a nice change from pCARS which I probably spend around fifteen hours a week on at the moment.

GHG

Gold Member
Yeh I'm done with FM6 for the moment as well. I'm just bored of it already to be honest in terms of the career mode. Think I'm shelving it until the Porsche pack unless they patch in something special (not shitty fallout cars...) before then.

Lima

Doing the Can-Am series right now. Proper scary cars man. These guys back then were just not right in their heads.

Home stretch for me tbh so I'm going to keep going. After this only Executive Heavyweights, Vintage Touring and Modern GP are left.

But that means I would then have to somehow get this stupid through the pack achievement. ugh fml

Never in a racing sim have I driven such an emotionally evocative car as that 88 MP4-4 Prost/Senna Mclaren.
(admission: no, I didnt play whatever PC sim modded this car into the game)
Im positive the rarity of its appearance in the sim world has something to do with the thrill I get driving it, but goddamn, driving this car is pure theatre. It feels positively violent when you hit the throttle out of a corner and then the turbo boost kicks in, as the engine roars its appreciation.
No wonder Senna ignored Jackie Stewarts mantra of (paraphrasing) "never hitting the throttle in a corner if you have to back out of it" you have to keep the engine revs up as you navigate a corner so your turbo lag is kept to a minimum as you are shifting to the higher gear.

Haines

Banned
Hi, i bought forza 5 on release and dint play much because well, it was lifeless.

Im more of a budget gamer. Would getting forza horizons 2 be the right pick for me, or is 6 so far ahead of that game that i would be missing out. I could get horizons cheaper now and 6 when it comes down if its just a marginal increase in quality.

Horizon is a great game, so you should definitely get it. You'll have a blast.

I wouldn't worry about the technical differences between FH2 and FM6 because they're such different games that it really doesn't matter.

Haines

Banned
Horizon is a great game, so you should definitely get it. You'll have a blast.

I wouldn't worry about the technical differences between FH2 and FM6 because they're such different games that it really doesn't matter.

OK cool. Horizons is 30 on live here but I'm going to try and find a boxed copy

It's car passes is on sale too, can a more casual gamer like me just ignore that stuff

It's car passes is on sale too, can a more casual gamer like me just ignore that stuff

Yes. The car pass isn't necessary. Storm Island is really the only must-have DLC, so get that eventually if you love the main game.

Also, one car from each car pack is free for everyone, so download those.

BIGT468

2.21:344 for sebring, I'm not going to be able to make the actual race so good luck everyone and please try to not wreck soundscream.

Just bought 6 in the Black Friday sale with Gears. Started playing a bit and it really feels like it has the same class of FM4 which was my favorite of the series so far. Love the presentation here.

I did like FM5 but could tell they did whatever they could to get it out for launch and had to make concessions.

BTW, Forza Horizon 2 is really worth it, but more worth it is the Storm Island DLC.

zorbsie

Microtransactions won't stop FORZAGAF!
It's race day baby. 3pm Eastern. I don't know how to do those fancy countdown gifs. :)
The standings are updated. Get your Sebring times in. Looks like it might rain today, that would be interesting...

We got a new racer just doing time trails and jumped to 14th place. Good stuff Don_Ente!
Everyone is welcome to join us today. If you haven't joined us before, just let me know and I'll make sure to send out an invite.

I'm going to be super rusty out there. Vacation and Fallout overdose will do that. Hope to see everyone out, I promise I won't hit SoundScream. But Shortt is on my shit list! :)

HOLY CRAP I HAVE 2 POINTS!!!!!!

I've only got a little racing in yesterday, most of my time in the last two weeks have been spent playing the HALO's. It's going to be a rough race for me.

Don_Ente

Neo Member
Get your Sebring times in. Looks like it might rain today, that would be interesting...

My Sebring time: 2:19.223

In case we need a "rain time" - 2:30.192

We got a new racer just doing time trails and jumped to 14th place. Good stuff Don_Ente!

I should have gotten started sooner on this. My times for the first 4 races (submitted too late for the standings) were:

Rio Coast Rev - 52.942
Indy GP - 1:36.897
COTA East - 54.342
Laguna Seca - 1:40.303

- Don

Just updating the standings. Is this the right place order?

I just remember that I sucked, went off track numerous times and rammed you off (I stopped and waited until you passed after that) and that I couldn't hear anyone anymore after joining the party right before the main race... but on the last lap I overtook 2 guys who spun out, so I shouldn't be last... I think.

Right place order for the race or overall standings?

I have no idea about the standings, but if it's the race, I came in last. Wiped out on the first lap and never recovered.

zorbsie

Thanks for the input guys. I reordered that last few. I'll leave it up for the day to see if there is any other input.

Sarbear
P3tran
Rawnuts
Devildoll
Jello44
ilikesanta
zorbsie
tylerdurden
crudediatribe
soundscream
skinnersw33t

SarBear

Omg I'm dead here. You guys were killing me during the race. Killing me.

That last minute switch to rain was brutal. Plus for some odd reason I thought last week's was Road America and this week was Sebring. Thank god the tune is the same for both.

zorbsie

week6_headerdakdl.png

Race day schedule:
We will have a 4 lap practice race with collisions off. You will try to get your best time in this race. The real race will use best lap times in ascending order for grid placement. Collisions will be always on, make sure to turn off sim damage on your end.

As always the lobby will be up at 3:00pm Eastern, but this series will happen on Sunday. The race should take 15 - 20 minutes to finish. After the race feel free to stick around and do more races with the group.

Can't make it on Sunday? Join in the fun by doing this weeks time trial. Post your best time on this weeks track before the race on Sunday to be included. Points will be given on time trials as well as the actual race.

Sunday race will be Road America - Full Circuit
Don't forget that the car you use in time trial is the car you use on race day.

Who can join?

Anyone on GAF is more than welcome to join. Just picked up FM6? leave me your GT and I'll send you an invite on race day. Simple as that.

Last week had some amazing discussions during the races. Loads of laughs were had. If you're looking for a good time racing with folks come on out.

Questions/Suggestions? I'm all ears.

League standings are updated. Might have to save up for the shipping to Greece. :)

Top Bottom