• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 6 |OT| Forza turns 10

BADNED

Is the DLC pack live for anyone else? I want to buy the Merc but the game hasn't even received its update.
You have to wait for the December Content Update to roll out which has not happened yet. Normally they drop at 6PM GMT but sometimes a bit later. Patience ;)

BADNED

The December CU is now rolling out, here the overview on the various fixes:

Welcome to the December Content Update for Forza Motorsport 6! This month we lead off with a big feature that has been in demand from the Forza Community: the ability to choose car divisions when racing in Freeplay! With this content update, players can now choose from a variety of car divisions in Freeplay – for example 1970s GP, Modern GT, V8 Supercars, and so on – and then race against Drivatars driving those specific car types in your race.
Here’s a look at some of the other highlights of this content update, which will be available today for free for all Forza Motorsport 6 players:

December Content Update

CARS
· Various car adjustments, including improvements on cockpit camera position for a number of cars
· Fixed a bug where damage would be applied to the wrong part of the car

AUDIO
· Fixed an issue where voice chat would not work when Forza Motorsport 6 was running in snap mode

DRIVATAR
· Addressed issues that were causing Drivatar cars to dramatically pull away from the field during races
· Fixed an issue where “Drivatar Synch Percentage” was always showing as 0% on Hockenheim, Sonoma, and Monza

FREEPLAY
· Players can now choose car divisions to race against when playing in Freeplay mode

LIVERY/TUNING
· Fixed an issue where downloading a tune from a friend who has deleted that tune would cause the game to crash

MISCELLANEOUS
· Damage tab on telemetry will now show fuel level. Fuel level will be expressed as a percentage of the full tank.
· Players can now choose the language they wish would like to use in the game. In addition, we have added Hebrew and Arabic language support.

Thanks, B! Yet another excellent car pack and all, but this, to me, is the real news this month:

This month we lead off with a big feature that has been in demand from the Forza Community: the ability to choose car divisions when racing in Freeplay! With this content update, players can now choose from a variety of car divisions in Freeplay – for example 1970s GP, Modern GT, V8 Supercars, and so on – and then race against Drivatars driving those specific car types in your race.

Here's to hoping that we haven't seen the last of the additions to Free Play!

Players can now choose car divisions to race against when playing in Freeplay mode

yPJe5d6.gif

Fuck, the One:1?? I have been asking for that car since Day 1.

Man, I came here to see you freak the fuck out about this news... hopefully that comes after you've beaten the 7 minute mark on the ring with it...
which won't be possible without upgrades... I highly doubt it, maybe not even in reality

looks to be a nice car pack overall. I liked the last one, but this one will probably be even better.

witness

Oh fuck yes on the free play options now, thank you T10! So glad you guys listened to the community. So excited to get home and play this.

saladine1

Why is the Walky under Holden and not HSV I wonder?

Anyway, seriously Turn 10, we really appreciate the fact that finally a game recognizes Australian heritage cars. Sure, they aren't the best cars in the world but they are part of our culture.

Just need some HDT Brock goodness and the XY GTHO Falcon and I'm done.

Man, I came here to see you freak the fuck out about this news... hopefully that comes after you've beaten the 7 minute mark on the ring with it...
which won't be possible without upgrades... I highly doubt it, maybe not even in reality
Self-correction: It is more than possible:
6:43.378 on the first try from a line start.

With that power and downforce of the Koenigsegg One:1 the Ring, with its super few very-low-speed corners, is pretty much home turf.

I hope to redeem myself this week. A clean race, promise. I've asked Crude to bump SoundScream this weekend.

I've reformed!

This is the last week with these cars. Moving to A class in the next series. What do you guys want to race in that class? I was thinking Lambo VS Ferrari, but that might be better served in a S Class series. Any suggestions are welcome.

I bet there would be great racing in a Porsche vs Ferrari A-class event. Sigh.

EXCELLENT.

Nice DLC and fixes, rather than farting around with altering driving positions for different cars why not just give us some camera controls?

I never bothered with Forzavista before but jumping into a random car the seat position was almost spot on, same car in race and view is pulled back.

witness

Updated Forza, got my new DLC cars, set the class to early GT, jumped in the RX7 and raced against the 300ZXs and Audis of the era. It was fucking glorious, my opinion of this game changed dramatically and all it took was class options in free play. Thank you T10!

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
2015 Koenigsegg One:1
2016 Mercedes-AMG C 63 S Coupé
1990 Chevrolet #30 Douglas Shierson Racing Lola T90/00
1963 Ferrari 250LM
1988 Holden VL Commodore Group A SV
1991 Mazda #62 Mazda Motorsport RX-7
1958 Plymouth Fury

DecDLC_KOE_One_15_Forza6_WM.jpg

DecDLC_MER_C63AMGCoupe_16_Forza6_WM-3.jpg

DecDLC_CHE_LolaT9000_90_Forza6_WM.jpg

DecDLC_FER_250LM_65_Forza6_WM.jpg

DecDLC_HOL_CommodoreVL_88_Forza6_WM.jpg

DecDLC_MAZ_62_RX7_91_Forza6_WM.jpg

DecDLC_PLY_Fury_58_Forza6_WM.jpg
They added a Koeingsegg and a Champ Car? Sweet, thanks Turn 10.

That Champ Car appears to be Luyendyk's 1990 Indy 500 race winner too. Would have liked the Penske PC-23 or Alex Zanardi's Target Chip Ganassi racer, but I'll take this one.

terrible

Banned
The new free play stuff is nice. I still would like to be able to set the grid up however I want but this is way better than nothing.

Now that I'll probably be playing free play a fair bit I have to mention what I assume is a glitch. When you finish a race you get the option to skip tracks, only it's always the same handful of tracks. Not every track is in the rotation, or if they are they very rarely show up. I always end up just exiting and manually selecting a new track in between races as a result.

I gave the RX7 and One a go. The One handles way better than I thought it would and I haven't even attempted to tune it properly yet. The RX7 though.. yikes. I'm going to need a good tune for that.

What a massive update. Adding car types - which is of course long overdue in the franchise - to Freeplay is a huge game changer.

Just had my first post-update race, 24 Historic Grand Prix cars at Spa. Perfect. This is everything I wanted from this game.

saladine1

Would've been great to see an option of bodykits on the VL Group A.

The ability to delete the Walkinshaw kit and have the original Holden design would've been perfect for VL Turbo conversions. Some Brock SS Group A, Brock Aero or Brock Director kits would be great as well. Of course, only Aussies would know and care of what I'm on about.

Also, for goodness sake Turn 10, after all these years, you still can't get the racing gearbox/driveline simulation and sounds right.
What most of these cars are missing is that motor racing feel and sound of straight cut gear whine, gearbox oscillation and true driveline flex. The cars, specifically race/upgraded cars, really need this to convey that authenticity I'm talking about. They really do sound naked without it.

pCars has it. Raceroom has it. iRacing has it...etc..etc..
Turn 10, it's time to step up!!

Also, for goodness sake Turn 10, after all these years, you still can't get the racing gearbox/driveline simulation and sounds right.
What most of these cars are missing is that motor racing feel and sound of straight cut gear whine, gearbox oscillation and true driveline flex. The cars, specifically race/upgraded cars, really need this to convey that authenticity I'm talking about. They really do sound naked without it.
pCars has it. Raceroom has it. iRacing has it...etc..etc..
Turn 10, it's time to step up!!

I absolutely agree with this. A crowdfunded racing game made by a smaller team with less resources like PCARS shouldn't have better sound-design for their cars than Forza. Turn 10 also should expect the one game Forza always looked for comparisons to, Gran Turismo, to step up their game in the sound department significantly with their new hirings. They no longer will be able to say "eh, it's fine as it is, still sounds a thousand times better than what Polyphony is doing"...so, Turn 10 has to do something there.

With that bashing out of the way, thanks, Turn 10, for adding the Division optionsin free play! I would still wish for more options, but "being heard" just feels great. Now this game will be more than just Rivals-mode for me again.

If they're listening to the community I'd like to see the ability to set assists on a per car basis, after Forza 4 the modern supercars to me are just no fun at all without them, the assists have become an essential part of the balance of the vehicle and it brings the cars more in line to how I'd have expected them to handle.

Reviewers of modern supercars often praise the driver aids, shunning them in favour of the challenge now feels silly to me.

If they're listening to the community I'd like to see the ability to set assists on a per car basis, after Forza 4 the modern supercars to me are just no fun at all without them, the assists have become an essential part of the balance of the vehicle and it brings the cars more in line to how I'd have expected them to handle.

Reviewers of modern supercars often praise the driver aids, shunning them in favour of the challenge now feels silly to me.

I agree. And also some racing cars such as GT classes use them too.

Rather than just a "training wheels" option, driver aids are becoming something that is integral into the design, handling and performance of the car.

danowat

Banned

They should copy the real assists option from PCars, it's been a revelation for me.

I agree. And also some racing cars such as GT classes use them too.

Rather than just a "training wheels" option, driver aids are becoming something that is integral into the design, handling and performance of the car.

Absolutely. You can feel the difference in Forza between 80's supercars that relied on height, width, aero and fat tyres to modern day electronic aided monsters, taking the aids away robs them of their character rather than nannying the player.

They should copy the real assists option from PCars, it's been a revelation for me.

I liked that in pCARS too. The global assists model seems outdated now.

Mascot

I liked that in pCARS too. The global assists model seems outdated now.

It amazes me whenever universally-lauded features and ideas in one title are ignored by rival developers. And it always seems to be particularly prevalent in the racing genre. Things that seem utterly self-evident to us, the players, are often completely ignored by developers, even when wonderful (and blindingly obvious) precedents have been in place for years. Project CARS has me completely baffled with some of the odd design decisions that SMS have implemented. Even this recent update to FM6's free play options, as welcomed as it is, really should have been front and centre in the original design document and been in place from day one.

Regarding our discussion on assists. Just had a go in the new DLC Koenigsegg One. Less of a car, more of a rocketship. Man that thing is fast. I was doing over 200mph at nearly every braking zone at Monza.

Did a race with and without assists. Without assists it's really hard to use the power of that car. And with assists it was still a massive handful, but you could actually use that power. There was still loads of feel and nuance to the car.

These days in Forza I tend to use assists for cars that were designed with them in mind, and turn them of for older cars that don't have them, or those racing cars that don't. I used to be "all assists off" in some kind of hardcore (Ha!) bravado. Now I have more fun doing it the PCars "real assists" way in Forza.

Yes the divisions should have been there day one. Forza 6 has an incredible diverse selection of cars, probably the best ever but some of the shit that got lumped together in a race made no sense whatsoever. It was glaringly obvious along with many small other things that seem simple to implement yet never happen.

I'm the same Jack, just cannot get the power down in these cars without assists, using a wheel I can't even turn a more than a few degrees or make small adjustments without breaking traction constantly.

I use to like driving stock with no assists but that no longer works, chucking better tyres on and some aids is what I need to enjoy the driving again.

I honestly have a new found respect for the physics engine.

Mascot

Yes the divisions should have been there day one. Forza 6 has an incredible diverse selection of cars, probably the best ever but some of the shit that got lumped together in a race made no sense whatsoever. It was glaringly obvious along with many small other things that seem simple to implement yet never happen.

No game devs ever play their own games. I thought everybody knew this?

yes, but with just "tcs on/off" and no adjustability it doesn't make sense, mostly the assist is too aggressive and robs you of the feel and maneuverability. Giving you adjustability would be good for race cars that have electronic assists.
For production cars (and not only supercars) it's not just traction control with x amount of slip in the electronic aids department these days. Variable slip electronic differentials, continuously adjusted damping, active anti-rollbars, rear wheel steering and what we will see in the future is active camber control systems. None of this seems to be simulated in Forza.

More work should go into the manufacturers implementation of these aids I agree, this isn't F355 Challenge any more. The systems are essential for raising the realism level.

I found the opposite concerning assists, without it there was no manoeuvrability whatsoever, I couldn't take a turn or make a pass without the rears breaking loose. Grip was either there or it wasn't, I can feel the load now and make small adjustments.

The new free play stuff is nice. I still would like to be able to set the grid up however I want but this is way better than nothing.

Now that I'll probably be playing free play a fair bit I have to mention what I assume is a glitch. When you finish a race you get the option to skip tracks, only it's always the same handful of tracks. Not every track is in the rotation, or if they are they very rarely show up. I always end up just exiting and manually selecting a new track in between races as a result.

I gave the RX7 and One a go. The One handles way better than I thought it would and I haven't even attempted to tune it properly yet. The RX7 though.. yikes. I'm going to need a good tune for that.
Using a controller? The RX7 felt great with a wheel.

And speaking of wheels I found out the Fanatec Clubsport V2 is basically ~$730 for the base and new Xbox wheel. I'm really close to pulling the trigger, HELP!

I'm not sure why Forza hasn't allowed us to set assists on a per-tune basis, at least with private tunes or as an attachment to tunes.

Real assists are cool in theory but not as useful in practice when the assists are being implemented engine-wide.

Using a controller? The RX7 felt great with a wheel.

And speaking of wheels I found out the Fanatec Clubsport V2 is basically ~$730 for the base and new Xbox wheel. I'm really close to pulling the trigger, HELP!

What pedals will you be using?
I was interested in the clubsport pedals V3, but couldn't find any information with what games and systems(as in "consoles") they work without a Fanatec wheel and what games support the pedal rumble function.

Fanatec pedals will work Thrustmaster TX and the CPX adapter.

Pedal vibration can be tuned with the CPX but it's hardly worth much consideration when the wheel offers more accurate vibrations.

saladine1

While the Freeplay division set up is a great welcome, it would've been nice for the cars to have had some kind of indication as to what division they actually belong to.
Takes a lot of the guess work out of setting up a race.

Perhaps it is there but I'm not seeing it...?

Fanatec pedals will work Thrustmaster TX and the CPX adapter.

Pedal vibration can be tuned with the CPX but it's hardly worth much consideration when the wheel offers more accurate vibrations.
Thanx, but no... I don't want a third party workaround. I want a direct USB connection to the console and PC (at least one of the consoles, PS4 or XB1).

While the Freeplay division set up is a great welcome, it would've been nice for the cars to have had some kind of indication as to what division they actually belong to.
yep, the option should default to the division of the currently picked car. And you should have garage filters for divisions. Why do I feel like I've been given a finger and going for the whole arm?? This totally isn't asked too much.

witness

Takes a lot of the guess work out of setting up a race.

Perhaps it is there but I'm not seeing it...?

Yeah I'm surprised by this. Just something else that FH2 did that T10 seemingly ignored.

Mascot

I've got a CSR Elite and it's fucking awesome. I really cannot fault it. The CSv2 is a significant step up again. Do it.

What pedals will you be using?
I was interested in the clubsport pedals V3, but couldn't find any information with what games and systems(as in "consoles") they work without a Fanatec wheel and what games support the pedal rumble function.

I still have my clubsport v1 pedals because I'm to lazy to sell them.

Top Bottom