• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 6 |OT| Forza turns 10

zorbsie

100ppp 4 lyfe!

OK fellas here is a quick list of luxury coupes. I tried to keep them expensive so you might have to buy tokens to get one. Also kept it modern as the drop off was 1995. I'm sure I goofed and added cars that are wrong or missed cars that should be on the list. We can hammer it out in today/tomorrow. We can be ready for the weekend. Speaking of weekend, Sunday still good for everyone? Or should we move it back to Saturday?

2007 Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione
2015 Audi TTS Coupe
2011 Audi RS 5 Coupe
2010 Audi TT RS Coupe
2014 BMW M4 Coupe
2014 BMW M235i
2013 BMW M6 Coupe
2011 BMW 1 series M Coupe
2008 BMW M3
2005 BMW M3
1997 BMW M3
1995 BMW 850CSi
2011 Cadillac CTS-V Coupe
2002 Ferrari 575 Maranello
2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track
2015 Infiniti Q60 Concept
2012 Infiniti IPL G Coupe
2015 Jaguar F-Type R Coupe
2015 Jaguar XKR-s GT
2015 Lexus RC F
2010 Maserati Gran Turismo S
1997 Maserati Ghibli Cup
2016 Mercedes-AMG C 63 S Coupe
2012 Mercedes-Benz C 63 AMG Coupe Black Series
2012 Mercedes-Benz SLK 55 AMG
2009 Mercedes-Benz SL 65 AMG Black Series

I'd prefer Saturday personally, but Sunday should be a little easier for me to make going forward.

I think noobraft, GHG and some others can only make it if its Saturday, but I also realize that screws over Soundscream and that guy who won't show up anyway. :p

But we just did muscle cars. :p
That was my thought too.

Yeah those were the ones I was thinking didn't belong either. Editing them out.
Maybe I shouldn't request anything, because I've only been there once since we moved to sunday, but...

How about we do a minimum weight? 1.5 tons (~3300 lbs)? For me it's what distinguishes these cars from others. They have the horse-power and suspension from a race car, but they're filled with so much entertainment and whatnot crap that they stop being competetive on a track once there are some tighter corners. Made for the Autobahn, not for the track. Edit: I know, there is no way to proof it, if someone goes way under it, but I'd trust the people here.
[some cars from the list may be already below that, idk]
Good choice of having Monza in the tracklist for this series btw.

So a non-British, non-German executive heavyweight that weighs less than 3,000 lbs. Did I get that right?

nveQiKi.png

zorbsie

week9_headerolj8s.png

Series 3 Luxury Coupe
Thanks to SoundScream for the suggestion.
Here is the list of cars to pick from:
2015 Audi TTS Coupe
2011 Audi RS 5 Coupe
2010 Audi TT RS Coupe
2014 BMW M4 Coupe
2014 BMW M235i
2013 BMW M6 Coupe
2008 BMW M3
2005 BMW M3
1997 BMW M3
1995 BMW 850CSi
2015 Jaguar XKR-s GT
2015 Lexus RC F
1997 Maserati Ghibli Cup

Pick one and tune it to the max of A Class (A700)

To help you pick a car, here is the list of tracks for this series
Monza - Full Circuit
Long Beach - Full Circuit
Circuit de Catalunya - Grand Prix Circuit
Hockenheim Ring - Full Circuit

For those following here is the current standings going into series 3.

Race day schedule:
We will have a 4 lap practice race with collisions off. You will try to get your best time in this race. The real race will use best lap times in ascending order for grid placement. Collisions will be always on, make sure to turn off sim damage on your end.

As always the lobby will be up at 3:00pm Eastern, but this series will happen on Sunday. The race should take 15 - 20 minutes to finish. After the race feel free to stick around and do more races with the group.

Can't make it on Sunday? Join in the fun by doing this weeks time trial. Post your best time on this weeks track before the race on Sunday to be included. Points will be given on time trials as well as the actual race.

Sunday race will be Monza - Full Circuit
Don't forget that the car you use in time trial is the car you use on race day. Also the car you pick is the car you keep for the whole series.

Who can join?
Anyone on GAF is more than welcome to join. Just picked up FM6? leave me your GT and I'll send you an invite on race day. Simple as that.

Lets give Sunday one more try with this series. If the turn out is weak, I have no problem switching back to Saturday.

Questions/Suggestions? I'm all ears.

GHG

Gold Member
week9_headerolj8s.png

Series 3 Luxury Coupe
Thanks to SoundScream for the suggestion.
Here is the list of cars to pick from:
2015 Audi TTS Coupe
2011 Audi RS 5 Coupe
2010 Audi TT RS Coupe
2014 BMW M4 Coupe
2014 BMW M235i
2013 BMW M6 Coupe
2008 BMW M3
2005 BMW M3
1997 BMW M3
1995 BMW 850CSi
2015 Jaguar XKR-s GT
2015 Lexus RC F
1997 Maserati Ghibli Cup

Pick one and tune it to the max of A Class (A700)

To help you pick a car, here is the list of tracks for this series
Monza - Full Circuit
Long Beach - Full Circuit
Circuit de Catalunya - Grand Prix Circuit
Hockenheim Ring - Full Circuit

For those following here is the current standings going into series 3.

Race day schedule:
We will have a 4 lap practice race with collisions off. You will try to get your best time in this race. The real race will use best lap times in ascending order for grid placement. Collisions will be always on, make sure to turn off sim damage on your end.

As always the lobby will be up at 3:00pm Eastern, but this series will happen on Sunday. The race should take 15 - 20 minutes to finish. After the race feel free to stick around and do more races with the group.

Can't make it on Sunday? Join in the fun by doing this weeks time trial. Post your best time on this weeks track before the race on Sunday to be included. Points will be given on time trials as well as the actual race.

Sunday race will be Monza - Full Circuit
Don't forget that the car you use in time trial is the car you use on race day. Also the car you pick is the car you keep for the whole series.

Who can join?
Anyone on GAF is more than welcome to join. Just picked up FM6? leave me your GT and I'll send you an invite on race day. Simple as that.

Lets give Sunday one more try with this series. If the turn out is weak, I have no problem switching back to Saturday.

Questions/Suggestions? I'm all ears.

Good stuff. I should be able to make this.

Getting around a 2:00 flat on monza at the moment. Need to find a car/tune combo to get under 2 minutes since I think that's where most people will be.

For the last couple of days my XB1 doesn't seem to download any drivatar liveries - all the AI is wearing normal paint.

Anyone else having this issue?

(And yes I do have liveries switched on).

zorbsie

Really dig the Forza hub too. They did a good job with it.
Here's my Forza history:
60.4K Miles driven
1694 Cars owned
620 Days played
9840 Gamerscore, but i don't care about achievements. :)

Devildoll

I just set 1:59.671 in the lobby; counts?

i think times set during the actual race would be cool to have eligible for the trials.
but there's the problem of drafting giving people and edge compared to pure time trials, unless the time was set during the practice of course.

zorbsie

i think times set during the actual race would be cool to have eligible for the trials.
but there's the problem of drafting giving people and edge compared to pure time trials, unless the time was set during the practice of course.

He set that when we had no collisions on so drafting wouldn't be a problem. I think it's OK to use that time. I'm going to assume that most times the time trial lap time would be the better time anyways.

It wouldn't be a clean lap if they were drafting.

zorbsie

week10_header77s6g.png

Race day schedule:

Sunday race will be Long Beach - Full Circuit

Who can join?

Really fun racing with the gang yesterday. Great selection of cars from everyone. Standings have been updated. BIGT468 is within striking distance of 2nd place! Shortt Sirket finally got on the leaderboard. Good stuff all around.

I realize that this week and next week might be bad timing with the holiday season. If we can't make it this weekend I suggest we put the series on hold till January 3rd. Thoughts?

Haha. P3tran stuck on the flower bed is awesome.

No problem either way. I can probably make it the next two Sundays, but it might be better not to have to worry about it.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
So finally got around to getting the game and I'm having a real hard time with braking. I've adjusted the deadzones and changed around ABS but the slighest touch on the trigger/brakes is making me lock up.

Anyone have sutiable settings for the controller? Also waiting on Santa to deliver my TX but I'd be down for some league races.

So finally got around to getting the game and I'm having a real hard time with braking. I've adjusted the deadzones and changed around ABS but the slighest touch on the trigger/brakes is making me lock up.

Anyone have sutiable settings for the controller? Also waiting on Santa to deliver my TX but I'd be down for some league races.

I keep my braking set about 85% and that seems to work pretty well for the way I drive. I would suggest just trying increments of 5% downward until you get where you like. I swore I heard someone on ForzaGAF say they run like 50% or something mental like that.

What do you mean by changed around ABS?

I haven't encountered a scenario where the "slightest touch" is causing the brakes to lock up -- unless you set the brake pressure really high, but I'm guessing that's not the case.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
What do you mean by changed around ABS?

I haven't encountered a scenario where the "slightest touch" is causing the brakes to lock up -- unless you set the brake pressure really high, but I'm guessing that's not the case.

Tried ABS on and off. When I'm pulling slighlty down on the left trigger to brake its like I'm slamming the brakes full down so the wheels just lock up or the ABS kicks in if I have it on. I don't even have to be going fast either.

I haven't had this problem in past games or Horizon series so its kinda annoying. I might do a replay video from side view to show how many times the wheels lock up in a single lap.

Not sure. If you have your deadzone at 0-100, then you shouldn't be locking up until around 80%+, and you should feel the impulse triggers kick in.

There were several comments here around launch that FM6 feels like it locks the wheels under braking a lot more easily than past titles.

Race-brake upgrade and tuning is mandatory for me.

danowat

Banned
Not sure. If you have your deadzone at 0-100, then you shouldn't be locking up until around 80%+, and you should feel the impulse triggers kick in.

Yeah, paying attention to the impulse triggers is key to being able to threshold brake.

The braking in this game is rubbish, it was bad enough in FM5, but it's probably worse, you can learn how to do it, but if you go back to any other game that has decent braking, and then return to FM, you'll have to go through the learning process again, because its so different from every other racing ga,e.

Yeah, paying attention to the impulse triggers is key to being able to threshold brake.

The braking in this game is rubbish, it was bad enough in FM5, but it's probably worse, you can learn how to do it, but if you go back to any other game that has decent braking, and then return to FM, you'll have to go through the learning process again, because its so different from every other racing ga,e.

With the 0-100 deadzone I have no issues with the brakes, the default was a nightmare.

zorbsie

All versions of Forza on sale. Forza 6 car pass? NOPE! What's a guy have to do to get a discount on a car pass around here? :)

I'm using metric units in single-player (kilometers per hour) but in split-screen it changes to imperial (miles).

Does anyone know how to fix it?

Just wanted to drop this:
Number of players a day before Christmas was 1,271,000. An hour ago it was 1,617,000 players.
(player-count is from the score entries of the Rio Full S-Class rivals leaderboard, because the first mandatory all-assists-on race is in the S-Class Ford GT @ Rio, should be pretty accurate.)

Of course sales will be lower than 1,6 million, but the holiday-jump should be somewhat accurate since not many of those will be used copies or new from-the-same-household gamertags or rentals or whatever.

Top Bottom