• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 6 |OT| Forza turns 10

I wanted this done today and didn't feel like leveling up 5 more levels to get a full 100 values... anyway here is my report on the Forza 6 driver level-up spins:
Forza%2BLevel-Up%2BCredits%2B1.png

Forza%2BLevel-Up%2BCredits%2B2.png

Two values clipped in the first chart; one was 1,900,000 and the other was 5,000,000.
The orange line marks the date of the december patch that rolled out the december car pack. Overall I won 6 out of 8 possible cars and listed their prices like regular credit wins in the charts (edit: same goes for mod-pack wins), the prices of the cars were: 1,900,000Cr (Mercedes SLR), 900,000Cr (Shelby Cobra), 440,000Cr (Lamborghini Miura), 350,000Cr (Ferrari F40), 400,000Cr (Bugatti EB110), 200,000Cr (Jaguar XJ220)

I said there would be histograms, so here they are (even if they look like crap):
Forza%2BLevel-Up%2BCredits%2B3.png

Forza%2BLevel-Up%2BCredits%2B4.png

First histogram is before the december patch, the second one is after.
As you can see, I never won the 1,000,000Cr center in all the levels before the december patch. After the patch, I won the 1,000,000Cr more often than I should, given a probability of 1 out of 9 tiles.

Porsche pack would be amazing. But I don't think we'll get that until the car pass is over.

God, that would terrible!! I was expecting them to drop the news any minute now that it will come next week or so with a big pack of showcases. I mean they did that with Forza Horizon 2's Storm Island DLC. Ultimate Edition owners didn't get the island and the cars for free (it was discounted for VIPs though).

I really hope you're wrong this time.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Did this ever get track dlc? Pacific raceways and what have you?

zorbsie

God, that would terrible!! I was expecting them to drop the news any minute now that it will come next week or so with a big pack of showcases. I mean they did that with Forza Horizon 2's Storm Island DLC. Ultimate Edition owners didn't get the island and the cars for free (it was discounted for VIPs though).

I really hope you're wrong this time.

I know what you mean. But it makes sense. The Porsche pack is going to cost them, so in turn it will cost for us too. I'm expecting $20 pack for a bunch of cars.

I hope we do get some free tracks in 2016. I loved that they added tracks in Forza 5.

I know what you mean. But it makes sense. The Porsche pack is going to cost them, so in turn it will cost for us too. I'm expecting $20 pack for a bunch of cars.

I hope we do get some free tracks in 2016. I loved that they added tracks in Forza 5.

20€ for some showcases and 20 Porsches (I mean they have 12 models already from Horizon 2, right?) would be fine with me, but drop it NOW and not in April when DiRT Rally and (probably) Assetto Corsa come to console.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Do we have hints about the next DLC pack?

Clue 1: You will be astounded when you unleash this beast.

Clue 2:
When you take a car to this level even a Prius is exciting!

Clue 3:
It’s ruling planet is Ur an us and it’s life path number is 4.

Clue 4:
They were a sensation, but this car is something truly special.

Clue 5:
Built to battle the Beetle

Clue 6:
When this bell is rung; you may find a seat.

Clue 7:
Two references to the Toyota Prius is two too much.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I know I'm going to be rusty as fuck. I haven't really played Forza in a while and I've been playing Need for Speed for the past few days (which is great btw)

I know I'm going to be rusty as fuck. I haven't really played Forza in a while and I've been playing Need for Speed for the past few days (which is great btw)

damn, maybe I should have bought this for 30€ in the holiday PSN sale instead of Driveclub. Well, "Re-bought" I should say for 12€ with season pass after I sold my disc version 2 months after release. I'm just slightly happier with the game than I was when I sold it. Fuck...

6. SEAT Cupra GT
My 14 year older brother would go nuts!

terrible

Banned
Driveclub was the worst $30 I've spent this gen. It comes off almost sim-like in some ways with the lack of racing lines, natural looking visuals, and barebones features but the car handling is so cartoon-like. With that said I didn't like NFS when I played the beta either. The Crew seemed like a more fun arcade racer to me but nobody seems to recommend it. I kind of want to pick up Wild Run for PC to scratch my arcade racing itch until the next Forza Horizon comes out but I don't know.

Driveclub was the worst $30 I've spent this gen. It comes off almost sim-like in some ways with the lack of racing lines, natural looking visuals, and barebones features but the car handling is so cartoon-like. With that said I didn't like NFS when I played the beta either. The Crew seemed like a more fun arcade racer to me but nobody seems to recommend it. I kind of want to pick up Wild Run for PC to scratch my arcade racing itch until the next Forza Horizon comes out but I don't know.

Now I have this ITCH to write all my Driveclub beef off my chest, about the too late braking, about no neutral, precise steering, either over or understeer and tipping the brake to get the car to turn-in more, about great track design, but all in corridors without run-off areas <grrr>

Don't even joke about Turn 10 wasting a DLC slot on a Smart car. Don't.
I think this would be AWESOME. I'd love to put some good tyres and a dumb livery on that thing, then go to the Nordschleife and post a stupid time along with some screenshots. A japanese Kei-car would be awesome too. Stupid vehicles like the Transit, the Limo, the Gurkha... they have their place in Forza imo.

terrible

Banned
Now I have this ITCH to write all my Driveclub beef off my chest, about the too late braking, about no neutral, precise steering, either over or understeer and tipping the brake to get the car to turn-in more, about great track design, but all in corridors without run-off areas <grrr>

I think this would be AWESOME. I'd love to put some good tyres and a dumb livery on that thing, then go to the Nordschleife and post a stupid time along with some screenshots. A japanese Kei-car would be awesome too. Stupid vehicles like the Transit, the Limo, the Gurkha... they have their place in Forza imo.

Just slam on the brakes at the last second and then floor it out of every turn. And then the fact that you go into what I'll call slide mode just by turning your damn wheel a certain amount. There's no logic to it lol.

Speaking of the Nordschleife I used to drive the fortwo around that all the time in Forza 4 lol. I like that car, it's hilarious :(. You might be only going 40 MPH but you're at the limits of grip 24/7.

Hawk269

I would love new tracks and Porsche expansion, Im not too excited with the car packs.

This. I want more tracks, don't need for cars. Porsche would be exception, but easily at least 2-3 more tracks would be great. Bring back Maple Valley and Alpine Ring.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Sounds like they're wasting 2 DLC slots on the Jeep Renegade and a fucking school bus.

A school bus. In Forza.

On the other hand, we may be getting the Lykan Hypersport, so it works out.

I'm starting to think I liked Camino Viejo the most. The extreme course was so fun.

I dont know how they cut Camino Viejo and the other tracks in that location, that was their flagship track in Forza 3.

I feel many fantasy tracks need to return to Forza as DLC, Fujimi Kaido, Mapple Valley, Camino Viejo. And Mugello for the real life tracks.

terrible

Banned
I dont know how they cut Camino Viejo and the other tracks in that location, that was their flagship track in Forza 3.

I feel many fantasy tracks need to return to Forza as DLC, Fujimi Kaido, Mapple Valley, Camino Viejo. And Mugello for the real life tracks.

I think the only fantasy track from them I haven't liked is the Bernese Alps and of course they left that one in haha. Turn 10 really knows how to make good fantasy tracks, they're up there with Polyphony when it comes to that. The difference is Polyphony seems to realize their tracks are great so they continue to include them in new games for the most part.

W.S.

I'd like those back too, have Turn 10 mentioned any of the fantasy tracks coming back?

They don't even have to laser scan those as long as the tracks still look good.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Sounds like they're wasting 2 DLC slots on the Jeep Renegade and a fucking school bus.

A school bus. In Forza.

"When this bell is rung, you may find a seat"

Oh god.

...OH GOD

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Alright, now that I platinumed NFS, hopefully I can shake off the rust and not suck today.

I apologize in advance if I attempt to drift a corner and slam into someone.

RawNuts

A school bus. In Forza.

Please please please be a school bus.

My time for deathtrap beach is 1:28.900

zorbsie

The question is how long until we get a driveclub school bus. :)

Lobby up in a few minutes. Just got a new modem and setting it up.

Devildoll

Ah fuck. I turned off my alarm, closed my eyes for a second........and opened the 3 hrs later :(

I was laying in the couch about 2 hours before the race getting that deathly tiredness you can get from couches ( at least me )

I really didn't think i was going to be awake for the race.
But, if anything would make me feel awake, it would be sitting down in front of the computer monitor again.

zorbsie

Great racing today guys. I'll tally up the points later tonight. I know it was end of holidays for some, so thanks for making it out today.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I'm still upset at myself for fucking up so much in the race.

Fuck Long Beach and their fucking tire walls.

PaulLFC

Just got this recently and I'm enjoying the racing, but the unskippable and seemingly never ending tutorial is putting me to sleep. Does it ever end?

I've done the qualifying series, indycar showcase, another 4 race series and I've just had to choose a second 4 race series and the unskippable tutorial is still going. Please somebody tell me it ends after this series?

I'm level 33 now and have never had a jackpot win. I haven't bought any expensive cars and I've only made 4.5 millions credits (and that's with Forza rewards, credit boost mods for endurance races & double VIP credits!)

Dan's beard has forsaken me :(
If it makes you feel any better, I got a Bugatti Veyron on my first spin on the demo, which doesn't seem to carry over rewards to the full game, so I lost it :(

PaulLFC

Finished a 5 race series and no sign of an end to the tutorial, just been told to do a 6 race US tour now, with more unskippable dialogue.

When does this game open up and let you make some choices of your own?

I don't think the tutorial lasts longer than a race.

If you're referring to the narration, each series has one, so I think it's done when you've seen them all.

As for career, you have a choice of six series each time. After you've made your way through all five volumes (15 series?) you get free reign. You also have the option of doing Showcases whenever you've unlocked them.

Also, there's Free Play if you just want to set up your own thing.

PaulLFC

I don't think the tutorial lasts longer than a race.

If you're referring to the narration, each series has one, so I think it's done when you've seen them all.

As for career, you have a choice of six series each time. After you've made your way through all five volumes (15 series?) you get free reign. You also have the option of doing Showcases whenever you've unlocked them.

Also, there's Free Play if you just want to set up your own thing.
Ah, I assumed the narration was still part of the tutorial as it seems to guide you through certain elements of the career. Makes a bit more sense now.

Demise

I read a lot of BMW I8 mentions regarding January pack, i truly hope it makes the cut.

Just look at this looker :

bmw_i8_plug-in_hybrid_supercar_1.jpg

I know it's not a V8 or something but damn, a lot of cars could have wish to look that nice.

I've seen it for real just in front of the Hotel George V in Paris, at the BMW store, and damn, it's quite a sight.

Top Bottom