• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 6 |OT| Forza turns 10

lem0n

I read a lot of BMW I8 mentions regarding January pack, i truly hope it makes the cut.

Just look at this looker :

bmw_i8_plug-in_hybrid_supercar_1.jpg

I know it's not a V8 or something but damn, a lot of cars could have wish to look that nice.

I've seen it for real just in front of the Hotel George V in Paris, at the BMW store, and damn, it's quite a sight.
I hope so too. The i8 is a beauty.

terrible

Banned
I read a lot of BMW I8 mentions regarding January pack, i truly hope it makes the cut.

Just look at this looker :

bmw_i8_plug-in_hybrid_supercar_1.jpg

I know it's not a V8 or something but damn, a lot of cars could have wish to look that nice.

I've seen it for real just in front of the Hotel George V in Paris, at the BMW store, and damn, it's quite a sight.

The concept version of the i8 they had at the autoshow here in Toronto in 2013 was even more stunning I thought. Maybe a bit
(a lot)
too flashy and over the top but it looked exactly like I would have thought a car in 2013 should look like when I was a kid imagining future cars.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Emn0iIxrZOA

MouldyK

I'm using a Logitech G920 and it seems every time I go round a corner, the wheel seems to decide to turn alot on its own and crash me...knowing nothing about cars, is there a reason for this?

Going round corners too aggressively?

Besides that, my £160 Wheel Purchase is a dream come true for Euro Truck Simulator 2 and Forza!

Might be looking out for more racing games from now on.

danowat

Banned
I'm using a Logitech G920 and it seems every time I go round a corner, the wheel seems to decide to turn alot on its own and crash me...knowing nothing about cars, is there a reason for this?

Going round corners too aggressively?

Can you record a video showing what you describe?

terrible

Banned
That and the FFB in Forza 6 is pretty crap. The game is better with a controller.

Also there is a glitch where if you have vibration on the FFB can glitch out and start pulling hard to the left when braking, accelerating, turning, etc. I am not sure it happens to everyone but it happens to me and a bunch of other people. I doubt they'll ever fix it considering they haven't even mentioned a thing about it even though their forums are littered with posts from people having problems with it.

Fox Mulder

Wanted to play some of this before work and got a E203 system error screen telling me to contact MS. After all my dead 360s, this might be it for me.

I'm just tired of this shit.

That and the FFB in Forza 6 is pretty crap. The game is better with a controller.

I disagree. For driving race cars it may be a little inappropriate, especially looking at what the racing game competitors get out of FFB wheels, but for road legal cars Forza's FFB makes driving easy and more precise and you get bett feedback about when your rear is going to step out. I mean, you don't wrestle servo assisted steering. Steering wheels in expensive cars are comfortable and make driving easier. FFB in some racing sims makes driving harder at times (that's why I like my forces pretty low).

What Turn 10 should do, is think about copying the different styles of FFB that the Jack Spade's Tweaker Files for Project CARS has to offer and give us maybe 5 different options for FFB, but before I don't see Polyphony doing FFB better I won't complain.

Now...about the January car pack and the Porsche DLC. I found this sentence in the ForzaMotorsport.net week in review from 18th December 2015:
ForzaMotorsport.net said:
Our next major content update will be arriving in January alongside the next DLC Pack for Forza 6. Look for more details then.
The "DLC Pack" is the car pack, right? What is a "major content update"? Could be that it's stuff like the Division-option in free play, but could also be a new track or the Porsche DLC, right? RIGHT?? ...I don't speak 'corp' very well.

Mascot

What Turn 10 should do, is think about copying the different styles of FFB that the Jack Spade's Tweaker Files for Project CARS has to offer and give us maybe 5 different options for FFB, but before I don't see Polyphony doing FFB better I won't complain.

Not sure what you mean by the bolded, but I've always found the FFB in GT to be noticeably stronger and more detailed than in FM.

(Disclaimer: I haven't played FM5 or 6 with a FFB wheel because Microsoft).

Not sure what you mean by the bolded, but I've always found the FFB in GT to be noticeably stronger and more detailed than in FM.

(Disclaimer: I haven't played FM5 or 6 with a FFB wheel because Microsoft).

I've only played the Xbox One Forzas with a wheel, but every title there feels better than the FFB in GT6. Both games go for the same style of FFB (I think Turn 10 in almost everything looks to PD and pretty much doesn't care what other racing games are doing)...
hmm... I honestly have a hard time to tell you what Forza exactly does better. It's pretty much the same, but GT's is... I don't know laggy(?), stiffer? Counter-steering is definitely easier in Forza (I mean "sudden change of steering direction"). GT's FFB reminds me a lot of the FFB of last-gen racing games that were primarily on console, like Dirt 3's, F1 2013s, Shift 2, etc. ...really hard to describe.

Pretty sure Darin Gangi from Inside Sim Racing gave Forza 5 a higher score in FFB feel than GT6 as well (I don't know of any other comparisons).

Edit: It's definitely stronger in GT, the SRT Tomahawk X almost broke my arm and my wheel, but in terms of detail I find Forza already far from top of class (but in FM6 it feels more rubbery-distorting with lower tyre pressure, which feels pretty good and different surfaces use the rumble quite nicely) , GT6 though is closer to the bottom of the class. Don't think, I'm just a Forza fanboy, ok? My wheel has a GT6 logo on it and I would put the tweaked FFB from Project CARS higher on my list than both FM6's and GT6's.

Car Pack has been announced

2016 W Motors Lykan HyperSport
2015 Nissan #1 NISMO MOTUL AUTECH GT-R
1973 Holden HQ Monaro GTS 350
1973 Nissan Skyline GT-R
2014 Toyota #8 Toyota Racing TS040 HYBRID
2015 Mazda Formula Mazda
1979 Opel Kadett C GT/E

Pretty stoked to see the Kenmeri Skyline show up!

Demise

The concept version of the i8 they had at the autoshow here in Toronto in 2013 was even more stunning I thought. Maybe a bit
(a lot)
too flashy and over the top but it looked exactly like I would have thought a car in 2013 should look like when I was a kid imagining future cars.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Emn0iIxrZOA

Wow, yes. I remember it, I even had a tiny model on my desk back in the time. If the car wasn't so expensive and has tesla S capacity, I would have break my bank account in half for it. Unfortunately, I8 is not fully electric and a Tesla S is overall a better/cheaper choice... Unless you have enough money to put a Tesla S motor in an I8, wich will be crazy. But you would have to buy the two cars, plus finding someone crazy/talented enough to do it, wich eventualy means invest more money in it... Money you could spend on an Aventador or a big house.

1973 Nissan Skyline GT-R
2015 Mazda Formula Mazda

No I8, no Vulcan, no X6, no Q5, no Porsche-E, no Audi A8 2015 or E-Tron ? I'm really disapointed.

saladine1

Car Pack has been announced

1973 Nissan Skyline GT-R
2015 Mazda Formula Mazda
1979 Opel Kadett C GT/E

Pretty stoked to see the Kenmeri Skyline show up!

Awesome stuff!

Turn 10 going nuts with the Aussie cars. Bless your soul.

Its not up yet?
And what's the content update about?

Oh, fuck me, now that's how you do a car pack.

I just need the 919 Hybrid to complete the WEC P1 trifecta. There's a couple of car packs left on the season pass, right? I can't imagine the Porsche pack will be too far behind.

witness

Good looking car pack, as an American I find the old Aussie muscle cars fascinating and welcome because you don't see them anywhere else on consoles.

Its not up yet?
And what's the content update about?

Content update details coming soon apparently.

Also, DLC releases for Forza are always around 6PM GMT (usually spot on but can be late sometimes). Dunno what time zone you're in, but that's 50 minutes from this post.

I wonder why we haven't seen a picture or a video of the Opel yet. That is really strange.

There was briefly a different version of the trailer's thumbnail (the one where all the cars are parked on a track) that had the Kadett in it, but it's gone now. Strange indeed but it's definitely in the pack.

There was briefly a different version of the trailer's thumbnail (the one where all the cars are parked on a track) that had the Kadett in it, but it's gone now. Strange indeed but it's definitely in the pack.

I wonder if there was some bug or something they didn't catch until the last minute. That would be my only guess.

Grassy

Even as a Ford man, great to see there is another Holden in Forza 6! It looks great. I do hope we eventually get a few Aussie Fords though. I need to get back into this game.

saladine1

Even as a Ford man, great to see there is another Holden in Forza 6! It looks great. I do hope we eventually get a few Aussie Fords though. I need to get back into this game.

I'm betting on the Ford XY GTHO Falcon next..

Again, a big thank you from your Aussie fans, Turn 10!

With the inclusion of the Australian cars and the future inclusion of Porsche, Forza in my eyes has the best and most diverse selection of cars in a racing game. Most definitely a milestone.

Just overhaul the Forza transmission/driveline simulation model and your game will be complete!

stn

Is the audio in this game prone to glitching? I started using the F1 cars in career and I can barely hear any of the engine and car sounds. What gives? Thanks!

GHG

Gold Member
Yo this new car pack is actually good this time. No bullshit/joke cars which is always welcome.

Anyone know what the content update is yet?

saladine1

Is the audio in this game prone to glitching? I started using the F1 cars in career and I can barely hear any of the engine and car sounds. What gives? Thanks!

Try setting the audio output mode in the audio settings to "headphones".

There was a patch where they adjusted the volume levels in this mode..

GHG

Gold Member
Content update:

CARS
· Addressed an issue related to angular velocity under specific conditions. This subtle change will be most noticeable for drifters and tuners who prefer to use a wheel.

MULTIPLAYER
· Private matches will no longer be subject to AFK restrictions that cause players to be booted due to inactivity, as in public multiplayer matches.
· Fixed an issue in multiplayer where engaging UI (such as holding the right trigger in Leagues to bring up the leaderboard screen) during the final countdown of a hopper would cause all users to be disconnected from the session.

REPLAYS
· Fixed an issue where saving long replays (>26 minutes) would result in a saved replay with cars appearing to sit idly on the grid.

MISCELLANEOUS
· Fixed an issue where pressing the right paddle on certain wheels to shift up would cause the camera to look back.

Today we also released the Ralph Lauren Polo Red Car Pack for Forza Motorsport 6. If you’d like to read more about the pack, check out the full story.

EDIT: After the release of today’s CU, we discovered an issue where a screen of Chinese text appears when booting up Forza Motorsport 6. This text appears for players across a variety of language settings. We are investigating the issue and are working to address it in an upcoming content update.

http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/fm6_january_content_update

Nothing major to be honest.

danowat

Banned
Whats with the Chinese text showing on the first splash screen since the update?

Edit, I didn't read the release notes!!!

EDIT: After the release of today’s CU, we discovered an issue where a screen of Chinese text appears when booting up Forza Motorsport 6. This text appears for players across a variety of language settings. We are investigating the issue and are working to address it in an upcoming content update.

Could have outsourced QC to China.

Can't see any problems here, it's good to go!

Gonna check out the force feedback changes, I'm no drifter (not even an accidental one) so probably won't notice a difference.

saladine1

Strange.. I've been playing Forza non stop since day 1 and this is the first time I notice that there is a key in the ignition lol..

Oh, and the Monaro is surprisingly a great car to drive...at least with a few mods in D class.
I haven't driven a Monaro in real life but I have owned a HQ SS 308 and that was a sloppy tank to drive..

Top Bottom