• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 6 |OT| Forza turns 10

Someone knows if the G920 pedals works on a Fanatec Porsche GT2 wheel? I have one without pedals and got myself a G920 , would be great if I could play Xbox 360 and Ps3 with the Fanatec wheel.

terrible

Banned
Using a controller? The RX7 felt great with a wheel.

And speaking of wheels I found out the Fanatec Clubsport V2 is basically ~$730 for the base and new Xbox wheel. I'm really close to pulling the trigger, HELP!

Wheel. I was getting a lot of understeer for some reason. I used a tune from someone else though so I have no idea what they did with it. I'll need to tune it myself.

GHG

Gold Member
Do the car category free play options exist in multiplayer now?

So for example if you wanted to set up a touring car championship online or the like it's now possible?

Sorry I haven't been able to make the races lately. Shit has been sort of crazy at home and I just haven't been able to find the time on the weekends to join you all. Hopefully after the holidays things might calm down around here.

Nissan Silvia CSP311 Leaked by BADNED
silvia66_fc1tkwm.png

Noobcraft

Totally double posting, but I just compared loading times for Forza Horizon 2 and FM6 on the stock hard drive vs my new SSD (500GB Samsung Evo X), and holy crap.

Initial load on Forza Horizon 2 (from main menu):
Stock HD: 1 min 21 seconds
SSD (USB 3.0): 25 seconds

Loading up a full grid on Nurburgring (Wet) in freeplay:
Stock HD: 48 seconds
SSD: 32 seconds

The time savings are huge.

Ebolarama

Banned
Apologies if dumb question but are the DLC cars largely not available for the career races? I was hoping to use the One:1 in career but I didn't see any events that allow it.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Wow 43 downloads in a day for latest livery. I can always count on JDM fans to download designs. WRX's, EVO's and RX7's always get me money.
http://screenshotscontent-t3002.xbo..._=1449244014_e4cf6b52171ea671dec33c77f25318fd

I wish I was good enough to make a even half-way decent livery, that way I could at least get that cheevo lol.

Apologies if dumb question but are the DLC cars largely not available for the career races? I was hoping to use the One:1 in career but I didn't see any events that allow it.

Some are and some aren't, I don't think the One:1 has a group that can use it.

Most DLC cars will work in career.

The Koenigsegg performance scale is off the chart and so doesn't really fit neatly into competing with other cars. I assume that's why it hasn't been placed in the "Modern Hypercar" category. Koenigsegg itself describe the One 1 as the "world's first megacar".

Ebolarama

Banned
Most DLC cars will work in career.

The Koenigsegg performance scale is off the chart and so doesn't really fit neatly into competing with other cars. I assume that's why it hasn't been placed in the "Modern Hypercar" category. Koenigsegg itself describe the One 1 as the "world's first megacar".

I thought so but Forza's ratings are a bit baffling because the Bugatti Veyron rates higher in all the categories (top speed 10 compared to K O:1 at 9.9 stock etc.*fakish edit: the O:1 has somewhat better handling and braking) but IRL the One:1 is supposed to outperform it I believe. Plus in Forza it's P category and wouldn't fit with the endurance prototypes either.

They need to add a Regara and a Laferrari FXXK to compete in the next pack.

I guess so. I did find that setting car type to ANY and racing the K O 1 did provide the sort of rival cars you'd expect. The K O 1 left them in the dust though. :)

Devildoll

I got 2:04.862 on Watkins glen.

Sorry about the late notice, I can't make it for today's race. Can someone else set it up and record places for me?

I'm going to rehearse some lobby stuff now, and volunteer to host the race today.
I'm in Sweden though, don't know it that will make it worse since most of the players are in NA

When it comes to inviting people to the race, I guess I'll just look at the series leader board and send everyone on it an invite.

In case anyone doesn't already have me on the friends list, I'm Scr0ne ( with a zero ) in game.

t1449432000z1.png

Sunday at 3pm is just a rough time for me right now.

I'll try to jump in for the qualifier and main race, but I'm not sure I'll be able to make it.

My Race Time For Watkins Glen 2:07.283

I won't make it for todays race because of football.

Also has anyone else been getting better spin payouts lately? My last 4-5 spins I've gotten over 2.4 million in credits.

saladine1

My Race Time For Watkins Glen 2:07.283

I won't make it for todays race because of football.

Also has anyone else been getting better spin payouts lately? My last 4-5 spins I've gotten over 2.4 million in credits.

It's weird.
Initially, I was getting a lot of "mods" rewards even though I never have used mods. It seems like the spin has caught onto this trend and has only been giving me huge payouts instead...

Devildoll

Starting up the lobby now.

Edit:

Finishing positions for todays race were

1. P3tran
2. BIGT468
3. Devildoll
4. soundscream
5. CrudeDiatribe

Nice racing guys!

zorbsie

Double post, I know but wanted people to see this.
Standings have been updated. Sarbear missing last weekend has given our Greek leader a healthy lead now. BIGT468 is quietly catching up in 3rd.

Soundscream, I'm trying to put together a list of luxury coupes for the next series. I'm using the "Executive Heavyweights" division. Is this what you were thinking? The filters in the car market don't let you search by body type so it's not as easy as I thought. If you get a minute to chat hit me up. I don't want to get the wrong cars for the series.

And for anyone interested these are the tracks for the next series:
Monza - Full Circuit
Long Beach - Full Circuit
Circuit de Catalunya - Grand Prix Circuit
Hockenheim Ring - Full Circuit

Standings have been updated. Sarbear missing last weekend has given our Greek leader a healthy lead now. BIGT468 is quietly catching up in 3rd.

Soundscream, I'm trying to put together a list of luxury coupes for the next series. I'm using the "Executive Heavyweights" division. Is this what you were thinking? The filters in the car market don't let you search by body type so it's not as easy as I thought. If you get a minute to chat hit me up. I don't want to get the wrong cars for the series.

Monza - Full Circuit
I was thinking any 2 door BMW, Mercedes, Jaguar, Cadillac.....etc.

SarBear

I was thinking any 2 door BMW, Mercedes, Jaguar, Cadillac.....etc.

Fuck this is going to be NUTS. Great track choices, too.

Still the same rules by keeping the same car through the races AND time trials, right? Sometimes I don't think people understood you have to use rhe smell car even in time trials..............

saladine1

So, if I setup a race in Free Play involving say, "Modern Sport Legends", and set the class to B, why is it that the starting grid turns out to be all the same car that I have and are underclassed at D?
I've tried some other divisions and the same thing happens.

Is that how its supposed to be?

GHG

Gold Member

Monza - Full Circuit

Amazing track choices.

Think I should be able to get involved in this round.

GHG

Gold Member
Why don't we make it European cars only? Would be pretty cool to do only British vs German cars.

So, if I setup a race in Free Play involving say, "Modern Sport Legends", and set the class to B, why is it that the starting grid turns out to be all the same car that I have and are underclassed at D?
I've tried some other divisions and the same thing happens.

That was what happened to me the first (and thus far only) time I tried it.

But we just did muscle cars. :p

Ah, but that had the veneer of historic authenticity (leading to widespread disinterest) this will be the usual ForzaGAF insanity.

The correct answer is classic GP cars

We did both '60s and '70s ones on Sunday. A lot of fun. Zorbs wanted A-class for this time around.

Edit: top of the page!

Here's a photo of a flying Fiat on Amalfi from FM3.

Top Bottom