• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 6 |OT| Forza turns 10

zorbsie

week11_headerb5s4v.png

Long beach was a hell of a race. Soundscream would have loved it. This weekend we are headed to Circuit de Catalunya.

The standings have been updated. P3tran has a strong lead right now, but BIGT468 has quietly taken 2nd place. Three racers have more than 200 points with two more ready to crest that number. And something I never thought would happen, I've made it to the top 10! lol

Race day schedule:
We will have a 4 lap practice race with collisions off. You will try to get your best time in this race. The real race will use best lap times in ascending order for grid placement. Collisions will be always on, make sure to turn off sim damage on your end.

As always the lobby will be up at 3:00pm Eastern, but this series will happen on Sunday. The race should take 15 - 20 minutes to finish. After the race feel free to stick around and do more races with the group.

Can't make it on Sunday? Join in the fun by doing this weeks time trial. Post your best time on this weeks track before the race on Sunday to be included. Points will be given on time trials as well as the actual race.

Sunday race will be Circuit de Catalunya - Full Circuit
Don't forget that the car you use in time trial is the car you use on race day. Also the car you pick is the car you keep for the whole series.

Who can join?
Anyone on GAF is more than welcome to join. Just picked up FM6? leave me your GT and I'll send you an invite on race day. Simple as that.

Lets give Sunday one more try with this series. If the turn out is weak, I have no problem switching back to Saturday.

Questions/Suggestions? I'm all ears.

Does the vibration set high make anybody else's TX wheel rattle?

Sounds like it comes from the right hand side, the bolts on my wheelstand are tight but that's the kind of thing it sounds like.

Car Pack has been announced

2016 W Motors Lykan HyperSport
2015 Nissan #1 NISMO MOTUL AUTECH GT-R
1973 Holden HQ Monaro GTS 350
1973 Nissan Skyline GT-R
2014 Toyota #8 Toyota Racing TS040 HYBRID
2015 Mazda Formula Mazda
1979 Opel Kadett C GT/E

Pretty stoked to see the Kenmeri Skyline show up!

Cant say Im too happy with the pack, I like the Lykan mostly, the rest of the car are not really interesting to me, Im kind of down for all the great cars that Forza 4 had and are still missing in Forza 6.

Seem to be putting down some more consistant times and find catching some cars easier when they begin to oversteer. Wondering if it had to do with any recent changes or just having a break from the game. Feels good, whatever.

Don_Ente

Neo Member
Long beach was a hell of a race. Soundscream would have loved it. This weekend we are headed to Circuit de Catalunya.

The standings have been updated. P3tran has a strong lead right now, but BIGT468 has quietly taken 2nd place. Three racers have more than 200 points with two more ready to crest that number. And something I never thought would happen, I've made it to the top 10! lol

D'oh! I saw the comments about suspending the competition over the holidays, but missed the new Jan 3 date...

Too late, but my Long Beach time was: 1:26.978

Current, but maybe not final, Catalunya time: 1:58.686

- Don

zorbsie

D'oh! I saw the comments about suspending the competition over the holidays, but missed the new Jan 3 date...

Too late, but my Long Beach time was: 1:26.978

Current, but maybe not final, Catalunya time: 1:58.686

- Don

For some one who doesn't make it to the race days, you are doing amazing with just time trail points. Keep it up dude. Feel free to join us on Sunday if you have the time.

Not sure if this was already in the game (1971 312P, right?), but if it isn't, T10 are hinting that it'll be this month's free car:

CYN08j1UwAAwpw3.jpg:large

Something about the livestream at 3PM Pacific.

Could it be that the tight-slow-corner snap-oversteer issue is gone??
After I had the this suspicious feeling, I tried a car of which I remembered the issue to be very present (Audi R8 LM) on 3 different tracks (Hockenheim GP, Brands Hatch GP and Yas Marina at night) and it felt significantly better, but to be honest, I'm still not sure if I'm just imagining this.

This makes me think that I'm right, too:
CARS
· Addressed an issue related to angular velocity under specific conditions. This subtle change will be most noticeable for drifters and tuners who prefer to use a wheel.
Could someone else try to confirm that the snap-oversteer issue is better now?

terrible

Banned
The game doesn't feel any better on a wheel to me for what it's worth. Maybe they improved only some cars or maybe they just changed default tunes, both could explain why it felt the same to me.

Still crappy center feel, and the FFB still basically disappears once you lose grip
(which is like every turn with these physics lol)

ManteoMax

http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/wir_12_18_15

New League: Exclusive Bonus Car!
As of today we’ve got a new League available in Forza 6 – the “Can-Am Connection,” a new weekly League that will run through the month of January. While a brand new League is exciting news by itself, this one’s extra special. That’s because players who finish in the top 50th percentile at the end of each week’s League will be sent an exclusive bonus car, the 1971 Ferrari #2 Ferrari Automobili 312 P! Note that players will only have a chance to win this exclusive car in January via Leagues. Good luck!

http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_postst53986_This-Week-s-Forza-Leagues--R900-Can-Am---P998-Ghosts--A700-Ultimate-SpoCom.aspx

I went back to simulation steering and it was good, then I even set the sensitivity on my wheel to 1 (highest) and while the game of course is not easier now, it feels harder in a believable way. As it was before, I thought of the simulation steering option as exaggerated and harder than real life in a little ridiculous way, but with the physics change from the last patch I now can believe that a car would behave and fishtail like that when I did this.

Pretty sure I'm not imagining this.

Fox Mulder

t1452456000z1.png

My time for the Catalunya circuit will be 02:00.779

I think it's top 50%, that's like everyone who isn't drunk or going backwards.
But I'm not super familiar with percentile, so i could be wrong.

I'm top 26% right now after three races. Lots of shit drivers and crashes too. Getting 24 car lobbies though, people want a unicorn I suppose.

A shame there's so many fucking corner cutters in this game.

Top Bottom