• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 6 |OT| Forza turns 10

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Long time since I posted but here is something I found and to add to potential future track list:
mobile.149pbpv4.jpg

(It's the Homestead-Miami Speedway logo. )

With all those NASCAR tracks, they better be adding NASCAR racers soon.

Yeah it does seem much improved, I'm really liking the way the cars are quite predictable now and the ffb comes back to life when grip is regained.

Certainly has gone.

Unfortunately, now every car has a shed load of understeer instead :-(

Thanks for the confirmation to the both of you.
@Danowat:
The understeer is not too noticeable and feels more realistic to me, but I haven't played it with a controller, maybe the problem is more with how much the games lets you turn in at full lock on the stick under certain conditions (speed/grip/suddenness of input/whatever).

zorbsie

Welcome aboard Spottie! The only rule we have is when ever you are racing with us you have to bump Soundscream. He loves it when that happens.

Just took the last 20 minutes "buying" my car pass cars. So many to choose from I don't know what to try out first.

I also did some Can-Am Connection league races to try for that 312P. Does everyone cut corners online? I was no where near the top players. I know I'm not fast but with all the corner cutting I was getting passed all the time. May play some more throughout the week, but that was a souring experience.

danowat

Banned
Thanks for the confirmation to the both of you.
@Danowat:
The understeer is not too noticeable and feels more realistic to me, but I haven't played it with a controller, maybe the problem is more with how much the games lets you turn in at full lock on the stick under certain conditions (speed/grip/suddenness of input/whatever).

Very possibly, either way, it's quite different from before the patch, and will require some calibration of my driving in FM6

Welcome aboard Spottie! The only rule we have is when ever you are racing with us you have to bump Soundscream. He loves it when that happens.

Just took the last 20 minutes "buying" my car pass cars. So many to choose from I don't know what to try out first.

I also did some Can-Am Connection league races to try for that 312P. Does everyone cut corners online? I was no where near the top players. I know I'm not fast but with all the corner cutting I was getting passed all the time. May play some more throughout the week, but that was a souring experience.

Canadian Lies!!!!

zorbsie

week12_headerfvst4.png

Last week for our lovely coupes!

The standings have been updated. BIGT in a solid second place now and Devildoll tied third place.

Race day schedule:
We will have a 4 lap practice race with collisions off. You will try to get your best time in this race. The real race will use best lap times in ascending order for grid placement. Collisions will be always on, make sure to turn off sim damage on your end.

As always the lobby will be up at 3:00pm Eastern Sunday. The race should take 15 - 20 minutes to finish. After the race feel free to stick around and do more races with the group.

Can't make it on Sunday? Join in the fun by doing this weeks time trial. Post your best time on this weeks track before the race on Sunday to be included. Points will be given on time trials as well as the actual race.

Sunday race will be Hockenheim Ring - Full Circuit
Don't forget that the car you use in time trial is the car you use on race day. Also the car you pick is the car you keep for the whole series.

Who can join?
Anyone on GAF is more than welcome to join. Just picked up FM6? leave me your GT and I'll send you an invite on race day. Simple as that.

I won't be around this weekend. I'll be in Detroit for the autoshow. Devildoll will host on Sunday. If anything changes, please let people know. Also, send Spottiettiedop an invite to the races on Sunday.

If someone could take down the final race standings that would be great. A screenshot is fine too.
Questions/Suggestions? I'm all ears.

You'll fit right in here. lol

I really wanted to go to the Detroit Auto show and see you this weekend but with the move I just can't justify the expense. We should try to do some mini ForzaGAF meetup sometime, try to find at least some place that a few of us could all meet and do some car related shit. Maybe a track day or a car show or something.

Edit: In fact, let's actually found out where ForzaGAF really lives. Just fill out this quick survey so we can get a a better feel of where exactly ForzaGAF hails from.

Where the fuck are you from?

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I really wanted to go to the Detroit Auto show and see you this weekend but with the move I just can't justify the expense. We should try to do some mini ForzaGAF meetup sometime, try to find at least some place that a few of us could all meet and do some car related shit. Maybe a track day or a car show or something.

Edit: In fact, let's actually found out where ForzaGAF really lives. Just fill out this quick survey so we can get a a better feel of where exactly ForzaGAF hails from.

Where the fuck are you from?

The Birthplace of MURICA

When a Forza league closes on a day, does it mean it closes FOR that day or ON that day?

For instance, it's 11:56PM on Thursday, but it says the league is Friday to Friday. Is Thursday the last day or is Friday also counted? Because tonight's league closed at 10PM and I'm only in the top 53%.

When a Forza league closes on a day, does it mean it closes FOR that day or ON that day?

For instance, it's 11:56PM on Thursday, but it says the league is Friday to Friday. Is Thursday the last day or is Friday also counted? Because tonight's league closed at 10PM and I'm only in the top 53%.

I don't think it's the top 50% it's the top 50 players.

Also I can't seem to get more then 300 points in a race in this stupid league.

ManteoMax

I don't think it's the top 50% it's the top 50 players.

Also I can't seem to get more then 300 points in a race in this stupid league.

official Week in Review:
"While a brand new League is exciting news by itself, this one’s extra special. That’s because players who finish in the top 50th percentile at the end of each week’s League will be sent an exclusive bonus car, the 1971 Ferrari #2 Ferrari Automobili 312 P!"
http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/wir_1_8_16

zorbsie

From the FM.net:
"That’s because players who finish in the top 50th percentile at the end of each week’s League will be sent an exclusive bonus car, the 1971 Ferrari #2 Ferrari Automobili 312 P!"

I think I was top 48th percentile earlier today.

official Week in Review:
"While a brand new League is exciting news by itself, this one’s extra special. That’s because players who finish in the top 50th percentile at the end of each week’s League will be sent an exclusive bonus car, the 1971 Ferrari #2 Ferrari Automobili 312 P!"
http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/wir_1_8_16

Which just means you have to be in the top half of the players. I did one race tonight and am already there according to the numbers it tells me. So it's not hard at all.

zorbsie

Which just means you have to be in the top half of the players. I did one race tonight and am already there according to the numbers it tells me. So it's not hard at all.

The league is a week long. It might be on the next week league. It was closed earlier today when I tried to get some races in.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
From the FM.net:
"That’s because players who finish in the top 50th percentile at the end of each week’s League will be sent an exclusive bonus car, the 1971 Ferrari #2 Ferrari Automobili 312 P!"

I think I was top 48th percentile earlier today.

Last I checked after doing some more races tonight, I was in 25% with like, 7,000 points or something, probablya little more.

Obviously there aren't many people racing if I'm that high. Especially after finishing in the back of the pack for most races.
fuckin' online drivers

And lordy fuck this game does not want me to get the "Back of the Pack" achivement.

I think I blew about 6m credits trying to get it. I did get the one that places you in 24th with no rewinds though, but no, that doesn't count for the achievement because REASONS.

zorbsie

I can't stomach these league races anymore. If I don't get the 312 this week, I'm never getting it. League races are such a shit show. Corner cutting, constant bumping, it's a joke. When I'm the only one in a race of 20 that has a clean lap, something is wrong. And for some odd reason the game has put me in the second highest tier. I'm not that good. My fastest clean lap was 12 seconds slower than the leaders fastest, albeit dirty, lap.

Enough crying. Time to have a scotch and go to bed. :)

I can't stomach these league races anymore. If I don't get the 312 this week, I'm never getting it. League races are such a shit show. Corner cutting, constant bumping, it's a joke. When I'm the only one in a race of 20 that has a clean lap, something is wrong. And for some odd reason the game has put me in the second highest tier. I'm not that good. My fastest clean lap was 12 seconds slower than the leaders fastest, albeit dirty, lap.

Enough crying. Time to have a scotch and go to bed. :)
Hows it feel mother fucker!!!!

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
That and the lag too. I see people jumping around sometimes then suddenly they're right there and you collide.

Fox Mulder

The league is a week long. It might be on the next week league. It was closed earlier today when I tried to get some races in.

It's only open during the hours listed.

I'm top 3% in my league, so I'm set. The races are a shit show, especially anything with rain.

Top Bottom