• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 6 |OT| Forza turns 10

terrible

Banned
The Can-Am league is starting to make me like the online races. Help.

The first few corners of every race is like facing a new boss in Dark Souls. Sometimes I'll just hit the grass to avoid everything. I can't stop laughing every time, even hearing the people on mics get mad like they're surprised it happened is killing me. I guess it helps that I don't care where I finish so it's more funny than it is annoying for me right now.

The first few corners of every race is like facing a new boss in Dark Souls. Sometimes I'll just hit the grass to avoid everything. I can't stop laughing every time, even hearing the people on mics get mad like they're surprised it happened is killing me. I guess it helps that I don't care where I finish so it's more funny than it is annoying for me right now.

I pretty much never play Forza online except with GAF but I agree that the Can Am League has been a blast to play so far. Yeah, there are a lot of shitty drivers bumping people all over but it hasn't been too bad for me honestly.

zorbsie

Standing have been updated. Like we said during the race, we'll take a few weeks break. We will continue the league the weekend after the superbowl. Feb 14 if I'm not wrong. Buy flowers early. Car class will be S max. Restrictions: Must be production car made in the 80s. Track list to help pick out the best car:

Nurburgring - Full Circuit. YES, the full circuit!
Lime Rock - Full Circuit
Bathurst
Sonoma - Full Circuit

As always same car for the whole series, both time trials and races.

Standing have been updated. Like we said during the race, we'll take a few weeks break. We will continue the league the weekend after the superbowl. Feb 14 if I'm not wrong. Buy flowers early. Car class will be S max. Restrictions: Must be production car made in the 80s. Track list to help pick out the best car:

Nurburgring - Full Circuit. YES, the full circuit!
Lime Rock - Full Circuit
Bathurst
Sonoma - Full Circuit

As always same car for the whole series, both time trials and races.

Fuck, very nice track list! Surprised Watkins Glen didn't make it.

Fox Mulder

Yeah you just accept whatever happens and expect the worst. It's pretty easy to get top 3 if you can avoid the huge pileup in turn 1.

I liked racing in the rain at tracks like brands hatch for the lolz.

Got another 312P gifted to me today. If you want one I can gift it to you...oh yeah...forget it.

I ain't got shit!

Anyway there is a demo for WRC 5 now, and it was kinda fun. I liked the FFB, the tracks were fun, but it's a shame it's 30fps. I would buy it at $20 but not at the $50 it is now.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
wyLA7Co.gif

Ye old Group B

Fox Mulder

Man, the drivatars are god awful on rain tracks. They all keep hitting the big ass puddle at silverstone in the final turn and slam into a wall, every lap. I'm on pro difficulty too, so it shouldn't be shitty people right?

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Holy shit dude, did the driver survive that? Or was that fake and I'm not awake enough to see that?

I'm not sure, but I would be surprised if he did. Reading up on Group B is pretty intense. Lots of people died from the races.

It really only struck me to post because shortt said he was gonna pick the RS200 for the races.

Man, the drivatars are god awful on rain tracks. They all keep hitting the big ass puddle at silverstone in the final turn and slam into a wall, every lap. I'm on pro difficulty too, so it shouldn't be shitty people right?

You'd think so. I'm still curious as to where they actually pull the data from. Like I've said before, I have about half of the drivatars from my friends list and they've never played six, or briefly played 5/H2. The others are random and drive like hot dookie.

BADNED

Holy shit dude, did the driver survive that? Or was that fake and I'm not awake enough to see that?
That crash happened in a run during the 1986 German Rally Championship. Driver was the former Swiss F1 Driver Marc Surer. He survived that crash but sadly his friend and co-pilot, Michel Wyder, was killed instantly. Surer quit his racing career after that crash.

I'm not sure, but I would be surprised if he did. Reading up on Group B is pretty intense. Lots of people died from the races.

It really only struck me to post because shortt said he was gonna pick the RS200 for the races.

I fuckin love Group B, I still think it's one of the greatest racing series that has ever been. It was dangerous yes but with modern a safety equipment and better crowd control, I believe we could bring it back and have it even better.

I mean, it kind of exists with the Unlimited classes of Pikes Peak but I want to see them race on more track,especially now that the hill is fucked paved.

frontieruk

Ignore my bad driving but keep an eye out for the lag missle.

I'm going to admit I ploughed some guy into a wall twice today as I was fed up of him smashing people off the track as they tried to pass, I thought it was just me then I watched him do it to 6 other guys over 3 races so I hit him so hard Soundscream probably felt it.

In other news, we need to be more careful in the future during our races as party chat is now going to be streamed through Twitch...

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I'm going to admit I ploughed some guy into a wall twice today as I was fed up of him smashing people off the track as they tried to pass, I thought it was just me then I watched him do it to 6 other guys over 3 races so I hit him so hard Soundscream probably felt it.
giphy.gif

In other news, we need to be more careful in the future during our races as party chat is now going to be streamed through Twitch...

Why? Twitch TOS isn't that bad is it?

frontieruk

Why? Twitch TOS isn't that bad is it?

Not that, but up till now the group has been silent in broadcasts only the broadcaster has been heard, now the whole conversation is heard, meaning if the broadcaster archives our bullshit is on record for replay to prove points eak lol

manou001

Neo Member
Playing full time Forza 6 for the past 3 weeks, I'm starting to have enough with the career mode. I planned at first to reach the 100% solo career milestone, but now it's too boring...
Always the same races, cars I can't choose, no point system, no "championship"...
I don't get the different "volumes", what's the point, and there's no ending, just a screen telling you "bravo, you finished the career".
Also the choice of tracks. F6 has many great tracks, but the very first time you race on the Nurb with the last volume with uber violent cars. Why not propose the nurb before, with the GT3 cars for exemple ? if someone never playd the nurb before, it must be really hard.

It's a pity, cause the gameplay is there, many great cars, many great tracks, good sensations. Just the career is not a "career", but a big long grind.

Fox Mulder

Playing full time Forza 6 for the past 3 weeks, I'm starting to have enough with the career mode. I planned at first to reach the 100% solo career milestone, but now it's too boring...
Always the same races, cars I can't choose, no point system, no "championship"...
I don't get the different "volumes", what's the point, and there's no ending, just a screen telling you "bravo, you finished the career".
Also the choice of tracks. F6 has many great tracks, but the very first time you race on the Nurb with the last volume with uber violent cars. Why not propose the nurb before, with the GT3 cars for exemple ? if someone never playd the nurb before, it must be really hard.

It's a pity, cause the gameplay is there, many great cars, many great tracks, good sensations. Just the career is not a "career", but a big long grind.

Career modes are rarely anything more than a shallow interface on top of a long grind. I loved how Grid let you earn sponsors, hire team mates, and earn entry into stuff like Le Mans.

With all the snow I've been shoveling over the past few days my body feels nothing.

zorbsie

I have a plasma, but I don't think that's an option anymore. Drugstore_cowboy is right though, go with the lowest input lag. I would stay away from curved TVs too. Seems like a stupid thing to raise the cost of the unit.

zorbsie

I fear the day when my Panasonic plasma dies. Why did Pioneer and Panasonic leave the plasma business :(

Had to take mine in because of a bad power transformer a couple of years ago. But I feel the same way. When this one dies it will be sad times around here.

Mascot

I have a plasma, but I don't think that's an option anymore. Drugstore_cowboy is right though, go with the lowest input lag. I would stay away from curved TVs too. Seems like a stupid thing to raise the cost of the unit.

My 50" Pioneer plasma is over ten years old now and still kicks the collective asses of all the young upstarts. It bloody well should do too - it cost me £4,000 at the time (or a million pounds in today's money).

Hey, that probably makes it the very first 4k TV, amirite?

(I've obviously just cursed it so will no doubt be shopping for a new TV tomorrow).

Agree that curved TVs are silly things for silly people, unless you have three of the buggers mounted wraparound-style in your racing cockpit, with you at the centre of the arc.

terrible

Banned
My 50" Pioneer plasma is over ten years old now and still kicks the collective asses of all the young upstarts. It bloody well should do too - it cost me £4,000 at the time (or a million pounds in today's money).

Hey, that probably makes it the very first 4k TV, amirite?

(I've obviously just cursed it so will no doubt be shopping for a new TV tomorrow).

Agree that curved TVs are silly things for silly people, unless you have three of the buggers mounted wraparound-style in your racing cockpit, with you at the centre of the arc.

I saw a vid of that, I think it was Inside Sim Racing. I want that so bad. I need someone to buy me a bigger house. Oh, and those monitors.

edit: here we go. i need that in my life.

danowat

Banned
New DLC out tomorrow

1996 Subaru SVX
1974 Toyota Corolla SR5
1992 Alfa Romeo Milano Quadrifoglio Verde
2005 Pontiac Aztek
1967 Sunbeam Tiger
1990 Mercury #15 Whistler Radar Cougar XR-7
2015 Ford #02 Chip Ganassi Racing Riley Mk XXVI Daytona Prototype

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBIeYfgBcXA

With the racing season set to kick into full gear during this weekend’s Rolex 24 Hours of Daytona race, Forza fans now have a chance to get their own taste of endurance racing glory with the Alpinestars Car Pack for Forza Motorsport 6, available on Thursday, Jan. 28. Leading off the pack of seven cars is last year’s 24 Hours of Daytona winner, the 2015 Ford #02 Chip Ganassi Racing Riley Mk XXVI Daytona Prototype. The prototype will be fielded in this weekend’s race, which begins at 2 p.m. EST on Saturday, Jan. 30 and can be viewed live on Fox Sports 1 in the U.S.

The Alpinestars Car Pack features six additional cars, each with a unique pedigree all its own. From the 1990 Mercury #15 Whistler Radar Cougar XR-7 – also a competitor in Daytona 24 Hour events of years past – to the inimitable 2005 Pontiac Aztek (famous more for its fictional owner than its performance), this pack has something for every kind of car fan.

Is this the February car pack five days early?

Watched the trailer before looking at the list; my eyes bugged out when they cut to the Pontiac's nose. Did laugh at its roll off the line, though.

Top Bottom