• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 6 |OT| Forza turns 10

Ha, so fuckin awesome! Oddly stoked about the SR5 and the Tiger.

okay, and that Cougar

and the SVX

and come on, that Aztek is an amazing troll car and I hope to god there is a way to make it competitive in some class.

Can we expect a 1986 Fleetwood Bounder in the next pack?

Not a fan of joke vehicles personally. No fun allowed.

And I am the exact opposite, although not entirely because they are "joke" vehicles. I just love that we can have such an insane variety of cars in one game.Almost every game has the same high end sports cars, JDM tuners, DTM classics, etc. What I loved about the Gran Turismo games were their insane amount of "normal" cars that you could drive and modify and have fun with.

I don't think they need to do it all the time but I am actually happy to see stuff like the Limo and the Aztek being brought into Forza. Although you could make the argument that they would fit better in the Horizon series than the Motorsports series, I am still glad to see them.

Edit: Although, you do have to wonder why they are releasing this almost a week early. I wonder if something else is coming next week?

Sky Saw

Banned
And I am the exact opposite, although not entirely because they are "joke" vehicles. I just love that we can have such an insane variety of cars in one game.Almost every game has the same high end sports cars, JDM tuners, DTM classics, etc. What I loved about the Gran Turismo games were their insane amount of "normal" cars that you could drive and modify and have fun with.

I don't think they need to do it all the time but I am actually happy to see stuff like the Limo and the Aztek being brought into Forza. Although you could make the argument that they would fit better in the Horizon series than the Motorsports series, I am still glad to see them.

Edit: Although, you do have to wonder why they are releasing this almost a week early. I wonder if something else is coming next week?

I love normal cars, like having a 1.6 Vauxhall Astra in the game or whatever but i'm not such a fan of joke cars. The Aztec is fine but it seems most of the normal or slow cars are just in because they are from movies or TV shows.

Can we expect a 1986 Fleetwood Bounder in the next pack?

Not a fan of joke vehicles personally. No fun allowed.

tumblr_lq3f03KCEH1qhtqtjo1_400.gif

terrible

Banned
Yeah I like normal cars, they're pretty fun. Limos, armored trucks, and aztecs are kind of silly though. Granted I'll never use every car in each pack anyway so it actually doesn't matter but man lol.

But hey, at least we have a Canadian vehicle in the game thanks to the Gurkha.

I absolutely love the SVX, it's crazily niche for what it is. I haven't seen it in a game since Gran Turismo 2, so it'll be nice to drive one that's actually detailed and can be used at night/in weather and with a cockpit view.

Sky Saw

Banned
I absolutely love the SVX, it's crazily niche for what it is. I haven't seen it in a game since Gran Turismo 2, so it'll be nice to drive one that's actually detailed and can be used at night/in weather and with a cockpit view.

Yea I love that car, I think it was in Sega GT on the original Xbox though. Last time I saw it for sure.

I just realized your racing suit is customizable.......sort of. I never realized the accent colors of your suit change based on the color of your car. It's cool but they really should just allow us to choose the colors, and put our own livires on our helmets.

Anyway this next series is going to be fun, taking some of these 80's cars and getting them up to around 800hp has had some interesting results. I've made a few undrivable, flame spitting monsters before settling in on my choice.

zorbsie

I just realized your racing suit is customizable.......sort of. I never realized the accent colors of your suit change based on the color of your car. It's cool but they really should just allow us to choose the colors, and put our own livires on our helmets.

I didn't know that either. I did notice that the helmets change if you switch the gender of the driver. But you're right, we should be able to change all that. Lets hope it shows up in FH3 where it would fit in perfectly.

I didn't know that either. I did notice that the helmets change if you switch the gender of the driver. But you're right, we should be able to change all that. Lets hope it shows up in FH3 where it would fit in perfectly.

FH3 might be the thing I am most excited about seeing this E3. Horizon has always brought the new gameplay changes to the series so I am hopeful we will see some big stuff coming.

FH3 might be the thing I am most excited about seeing this E3. Horizon has always brought the new gameplay changes to the series so I am hopefully we will see some big stuff coming.

I'm still crossing my fingers for Japan, but I doubt it. Although a UK horizon would be cool.

Edit: Actually a NYC horizon would be better. All 5 Burroughs and a trip over the GWB to Fort Lee/Clifside Park NJ for the topographic variety.

I'm still crossing my fingers for Japan, but I doubt it. Although a UK horizon would be cool.

Edit: Actually a NYC horizon would be better. All 5 Burroughs and a trip over the GWB to Fort Lee/Clifside Park NJ for the topographic variety.

Oh god dude, don't fuckin say that shit. That is literally all I want now. I LOVED the old Tokyo Xtreme Racer series and Kaido is still one of my all time favorite tracks. Having those combined in a Horizon game? Holy fuck.

But what actual gameplay/significant changes do we expect to see? A modification system like NFS? Snow? More rally? More physics based damage?

I didn't know that either. I did notice that the helmets change if you switch the gender of the driver.

It was a pretty dramatic change in my purple-chrome Z/28.

But you're right, we should be able to change all that. Lets hope it shows up in FH3 where it would fit in perfectly.

You mean you're tired of playing as a white dudebro? Fuck you SJWs

Actually I'd be OK with FH's protagonist if he didn't seem complicit in having to listen to the idiotic people that talk to him. So better NPCs might be what I really want.

Maybe it was just me, but I felt that FH2 lacked a 'great drive' that FH had (I think it was called 'Red Rocks to Dam' ?), so I'd like one of those.

It was a pretty dramatic change in my purple-chrome Z/28.

You mean you're tired of playing as a white dudebro? Fuck you SJWs

Actually I'd be OK with FH's protagonist if he didn't seem complicit in having to listen to the idiotic people that talk to him. So better NPCs might be what I really want.

Maybe it was just me, but I felt that FH2 lacked a 'great drive' that FH had (I think it was called 'Red Rocks to Dam' ?), so I'd like one of those.

At least the douche Casio was gone.

But seriously neogafs greatest driving game in the history of creation, that was or forever shall be drive club had driver options and FH should have them also.

Sky Saw

Banned
FH3 might be the thing I am most excited about seeing this E3. Horizon has always brought the new gameplay changes to the series so I am hopeful we will see some big stuff coming.

I'm still looking forward to it but I can't help feeling kinda burned out on annual Forza, and especially how Horizon 2 wasnt really an improvement over 1 in any way except graphics.

Sky Saw

Banned
notsureifserious.jpg

I thought I would have loved the setting but for some reason I enjoyed it even less so than Colorado even though I'm sick to death of American settings in games. The atmosphere of the original just wasn't matched and Ben..well the less said about that tit the better. Also how many showcase events were there? 4? Shame.

DLC was wank too.

I thought I would have loved the setting but for some reason I enjoyed it even less so than Colorado even though I'm sick to death of American settings in games. The atmosphere of the original just wasn't matched and Ben..well the less said about that tit the better. Also how many showcase events were there? 4? Shame.

DLC was wank too.

Tuning was added and weather also, those 2 alone made it a better game.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
The one thing that annoyed me about FH2 was after you finished all the festival shit, you still had to drive from location to location to do events.

I understand why it was there in the beginning, but after I finish the tour, I should have just been allowed to choose a location and event, then be able to fast travel to said location to do the event. Instead of having to drive to each hub every single time.

Sky Saw

Banned
Tuning was added and weather also, those 2 alone made it a better game.

Yea tuning was great to have but the weather was only good visually, it made hardly any difference to traction which was a shame. I hoped it would be PGR4 esque.

Forza Horizon 1 came out of nowhere and was a game I didn't even know I wanted and I loved it, 2 was was good but nowhere near as memorable.

terrible

Banned
I just hope they get rid of the off road races when you're in RWD cars. Those kinds of races should only pop up when you're in something that actually could theoretically drive in those conditions. That's the only major improvement I can think of. FH2 was great otherwise.

edit: oh yeah and fix the audio glitches that make it near impossible to know when to upshift

Sky Saw

Banned
I just hope they get rid of the off road races when you're in RWD cars. Those kinds of races should only pop up when you're in something that actually could theoretically drive in those conditions. That's the only major improvement I can think of. FH2 was great otherwise.

edit: oh yeah and fix the audio glitches that make it near impossible to know when to upshift

Yea I know it's an arcade game but it still felt a little silly how easy it was to drive 200mph off road in a RWD supercar

I wish there was a ghost alternative for every class on Forza 6's multiplayer, since most races online are just a big crash fest and aren't any fun, it's like the mid positions in each race are one big moving meat grinder, and most of the challenge comes through trying to make it through it without getting hit.The one race you get that's clean is a blast, but that feels far in between everything else.

I've only had Forza 6 for a month, and my time with the series is pretty limited, so I have to ask; has it always been such a crash fest in the multiplayer of each entry? It just feels so excessive with no penalties in place. 24 players on each track feels excessive too, races would feel better with that number cut in half.

zorbsie

I hope we get to customize the driver in future Forza games. I thought it was done well in Test Drive Unlimited. All the brandnames made it a little gross, but I still liked buying all the different clothes and turn my dude into a real roller.

I hope we get to customize the driver in future Forza games. I thought it was done well in Test Drive Unlimited. All the brandnames made it a little gross, but I still liked buying all the different clothes and turn my dude into a real roller.

Give me that and some kind of upgradeable garage where I can put my favorite cars and I am fuckin there!

frontieruk

I wish there was a ghost alternative for every class on Forza 6's multiplayer, since most races online are just a big crash fest and aren't any fun, it's like the mid positions in each race are one big moving meat grinder, and most of the challenge comes through trying to make it through it without getting hit.The one race you get that's clean is a blast, but that feels far in between everything else.

I've only had Forza 6 for a month, and my time with the series is pretty limited, so I have to ask; has it always been such a crash fest in the multiplayer of each entry? It just feels so excessive with no penalties in place. 24 players on each track feels excessive too, races would feel better with that number cut in half.

Yes, yes it has, hold back and nip through at the first corner crash of you get into the top half of the for you'll pull away and have a much nicer experience, hopefully you'll get ranked up and the higher leagues aren't quite as horrid.

You should join up for the gaf league, out join us for the races after, they are generally fair with some rubbing is racing attitude but never any intentional nastiness (though soundscream may disagree)

I got up to the 8% of my league but havent recieve the Ferrari, I got 244k credits for participating but nothing more, I dont get it, any clues?

Amazon has since removed the price and date, but it was March 1st and $19.99.

Not bad for 20 cars, 1 track, 48 sp events and multiplayer events.

LoveCake

Loving the Ford #02 Chip Ganassi Racing Riley Mk XXVI Daytona Prototype the only issue is I have already levelled Ford to the max & I want to max other manufactures, saying that it is a epic car with the restrictor plate taken off & the gear ratio moved to max speed setting.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Loving the Ford #02 Chip Ganassi Racing Riley Mk XXVI Daytona Prototype the only issue is I have already levelled Ford to the max & I want to max other manufactures, saying that it is a epic car with the restrictor plate taken off & the gear ratio moved to max speed setting.

I wish they would increase the affinity level for the manufacturers at some point. It's too easy to reach the max level.

LoveCake

I wish they would increase the affinity level for the manufacturers at some point. It's too easy to reach the max level.

I don't know, I mean in instances like this I agree with you, I took the Daytona Prototype on a race around the Daytona track doing both a day & then night race, they should have a proper event for it, but I have done all the endurance races.

I have maxed:
Audi
BMW
Chevrolet
Ferrari
Ford
Peugeot
McLaren

I am on level 20 on Lamborghini & Mercedes currently & am doing the historic races in the Moss 722 SLR to max the manufacture.

So it gets you to race with other cars & manufacture's.

gragy10

So I've just taken the plunge on an Elite controller & have vowed to finally start using manual in Forza. Any tips from the hardcore for this double switch?

Top Bottom