• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 6 |OT| Forza turns 10

Mascot

No biggie, got it working and it's great......but I have to figure out how I'm mounting this cell phone holder to my rig.

A few people mount cell phones to their wheels this way.

image-jpg.57902

No good for a tablet, natch. ;)

(or if you have an F1-style rim)

Mascot

I don't want to mount it to my wheel as my rig has the wheel kind of low and it wouldn't be in my line of sight.

Yeah, I find having it mounted at the same distance as the screen helps tremendously with quickly focussing on it during a snatched glance. That wheel mount would be no good for me unless it was only for displaying a giant gear & shift indicator and I could read it from the corner of my eye (which TBH is what I currently do with the tablet, even though its mounted above the main screen). It's surprising how little time you have to look at the app while driving, unless you like crashing a lot. Sneaky glances are where it's at unless you're on a nice long straight.

Yeah, I find having it mounted at the same distance as the screen helps tremendously with quickly focussing on it during a snatched glance. That wheel mount would be no good for me unless it was only for displaying a giant gear & shift indicator and I could read it from the corner of my eye (which TBH is what I currently do with the tablet, even though its mounted above the main screen). It's surprising how little time you have to look at the app while driving, unless you like crashing a lot. Sneaky glances are where it's at unless you're on a nice long straight.

I really just want to use it as a tachometer since I'm using an H gate shifter so I always know what gear I'm in. Just taking another artificial thing floating on the screen away just helps with immersion.

terrible

Banned
It'd be fun accidentally going over one of those massive curbs on the ring in snow. I could probably flip a car in just one lap.

Don_Ente

Neo Member
Thought you guys might find this humorous... My Drivatar Rewards messages, couple weeks apart:

Msg 1: Your Drivatar has appeared in 3,011 race(s) and earned 10,260 credits since...

Msg 2: Your Drivatar has appeared in 1 race(s) and earned 2,835 credits since...

Went from 3.4 credits per race to 2,835 credits per race. Hmmm...

- Don

zorbsie

They need to fix the drivatar rewards for the next game. It's nice that virtual me is out there driving but the return is just pathetic. Especially when I'm getting 500k every week from Forza hub.

Im about to throw my gamepad out of the window, I cant get a better time than 1:40.270 in the challenge and Im up the 8% of the top of the leaderboard, I hate this car, its a whale. I have tried 3 diferent tunes from people on the top but still cant make any better :(

terrible

Banned
Im about to throw my gamepad out of the window, I cant get a better time than 1:40.270 in the challenge and Im up the 8% of the top of the leaderboard, I hate this car, its a whale. I have tried 3 diferent tunes from people on the top but still cant make any better :(

Is the time to beat now around 1:40? Lol I don't want that car that badly.

terrible

Banned
That does seem like a pretty good time considering the car. The unicorn cars in Forza 4 were pretty hard to get sometimes too. I only got a handful.

zorbsie

week13_header81sj3.png

Forza GAF Racing League is back on!

Welcome back everyone. Hope the big game was awesome, now it's time to race.
New series starts on Sunday.
Restrictions:
Max Class: S800
Must be production car made in the 80s.

I expect to see at least one GMC Vandura on Sunday.

Tracks for the series:
Nurburgring - Full Circuit. YES, the full circuit!
Lime Rock - Full Circuit
Bathurst
Sonoma - Full Circuit
Remember same car for the whole series. That goes for time trials too.

Here are the standings going into week 13. Our Greek friend is running away with this. checking the cost of shipping to Greece already. :)

Race day schedule:
We will have a 4 lap practice race with collisions off. You will try to get your best time in this race. The real race will use best lap times in ascending order for grid placement. Collisions will be always on, make sure to turn off sim damage on your end.

As always the lobby will be up at 3:00pm Eastern Sunday. The race should take 15 - 20 minutes to finish. After the race feel free to stick around and do more races with the group.

Can't make it on Sunday? Join in the fun by doing this weeks time trial. Post your best time on this weeks track before the race on Sunday to be included. Points will be given on time trials as well as the actual race.

Sunday race will be Nurburgring - Full Circuit
Don't forget that the car you use in time trial is the car you use on race day. Also the car you pick is the car you keep for the whole series.

Who can join?
Anyone on GAF is more than welcome to join. Just picked up FM6? leave me your GT and I'll send you an invite on race day. Simple as that.

Questions/Suggestions? I'm all ears.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
[

That's a Forza Horizon 2 screen ;)

E2VZoXA.jpg

pls spill deets about when Porsche is coming

week13_header81sj3.png

Forza GAF Racing League is back on!

Welcome back everyone. Hope the big game was awesome, now it's time to race.
New series starts on Sunday.
Restrictions:
Max Class: S800
Must be production car made in the 80s.

I expect to see at least one GMC Vandura on Sunday.

Tracks for the series:
Nurburgring - Full Circuit. YES, the full circuit!
Lime Rock - Full Circuit
Bathurst
Sonoma - Full Circuit
Remember same car for the whole series. That goes for time trials too.

Here are the standings going into week 13. Our Greek friend is running away with this. checking the cost of shipping to Greece already. :)

Race day schedule:
We will have a 4 lap practice race with collisions off. You will try to get your best time in this race. The real race will use best lap times in ascending order for grid placement. Collisions will be always on, make sure to turn off sim damage on your end.

As always the lobby will be up at 3:00pm Eastern Sunday. The race should take 15 - 20 minutes to finish. After the race feel free to stick around and do more races with the group.

Can't make it on Sunday? Join in the fun by doing this weeks time trial. Post your best time on this weeks track before the race on Sunday to be included. Points will be given on time trials as well as the actual race.

Sunday race will be Nurburgring - Full Circuit
Don't forget that the car you use in time trial is the car you use on race day. Also the car you pick is the car you keep for the whole series.

Who can join?
Anyone on GAF is more than welcome to join. Just picked up FM6? leave me your GT and I'll send you an invite on race day. Simple as that.

Questions/Suggestions? I'm all ears.

4 Laps around the ring ARE YOU MAD?!

Reppin the RS200.

WOOOOOO SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS! :D

Why switch? The RS200 is a road car, the one in the game is based on the road variant.

Although feel free to change if you want because I am definitely running it.

Well, they only needed to make 200 (+20 Evo models) of every Group B car, that's the whole thing about Group B. Manufacturers made cars that would make for great rally race cars in the EVO-spec upgraded versions and took the loss if nobody bought the bad-value road versions.
I think it was either the Metro or the Ford R200 where they didn't even make 200 cars and tried to argue, that they're just not finished yet and they'll deliver some proof later.

So "road legal", yes; "production", okeee... ; "mass produced"...kind of a stretch for those cars.
Sorry for smart-assing :(

Well, they only needed to make 200 (+20 Evo models) of every Group B car, that's the whole thing about Group B. Manufacturers made cars that would make for great rally race cars in the EVO-spec upgraded versions and took the loss if nobody bought the bad-value road versions.
I think it was either the Metro or the Ford R200 where they didn't even make 200 cars and tried to argue, that they're just not finished yet and they'll deliver some proof later.

So "road legal", yes; "production", okeee... ; "mass produced"...kind of a stretch for those cars.
Sorry for smart-assing :(

You are right but its such an awesome car I just am looking for ways to use it in the race. Might need Zorbs to chime in on if its allowable or not.

I just figured the "production" rule was to prevent the actual RACE cars in Forza from being used.

That was how I read Zorbs post as well, so we probably need clarification.

Or maybe Zorbs can just make a list of EVERY eligible car. :p

That was how I read Zorbs post as well, so we probably need clarification.

Or maybe Zorbs can just make a list of EVERY eligible car. :p

Cars;

Abarth
1980 FIAT 131 Rally Stradale
Alfa Romeo
1986 GTV-6
1986 Spider Quadrifoglio Verde
Audi
1983 Sport quattro
BMW
1981 M1
1988 M5 E28
1986 M635CS
Buick
1987 Regal GNX
Chevrolet
1988 Monte Carlo SS
Ferrari
1987 F40
1984 GTO
Ford
1981 Fiesta XR2
1985 RS200 Evolution
1987 Sierra Cosworth RS500
GMC
1983 Vandura G-1500
Holden
1988 VL Commodore Group A SV
Honda
1986 Civic Si
Lamborghini
1988 Countach LP5000 QV
1988 Jalpa
1986 LM002
Lancia
1982 037 Stradale
1986 Delta S4 Stradale
Mazda
1985 RX-7 GSL-SE
MG
1986 Metro 6R4
Nissan
1998 R390 GT1 ?????
Peugeot
1984 205 Turbo 16
Pontiac
1987 Firebird Trans Am GTA
Renault
1980 5 Turbo
Subaru
1980 BRAT GL
Toyota
1989 MR2 SC
1985 Sprinter Trueno GT Apex (AE86)
Volkswagen
1984 Rabbit GTI
1988 Scirocco 16v
1981 Scirocco S

zorbsie

Shortt, you got the right idea. I just want to avoid P3tran in a race car against me in what ever. :)

More than happy to make a list. I'm racing around in career right now, just give me minute.

EDIT: Well then, back to career races.

I thought the Nissan R390 was a 90s car. Trying to sneak one in there. lol

zorbsie

Not sure if anyone has done a time on the ring yet. When I said full track I meant just the ring. Not the behemoth version with the GP track attached. That would be madness. I only realized the wording when I went to test out some cars I'd picked. The game calls the behemoth version the full circuit. We are just doing the ring version, sans the GP.

Also, since this track has day/night/rain I was thinking of doing it in the night? It will be dark in Germany when we race after all. Or should I just keep an eye on the weather and add rain if it's raining on Sunday? Thoughts? Time trials will be on the sunny version of the track though.

Not sure if anyone has done a time on the ring yet. When I said full track I meant just the ring. Not the behemoth version with the GP track attached. That would be madness. I only realized the wording when I went to test out some cars I'd picked. The game calls the behemoth version the full circuit. We are just doing the ring version, sans the GP.

Also, since this track has day/night/rain I was thinking of doing it in the night? It will be dark in Germany when we race after all. Or should I just keep an eye on the weather and add rain if it's raining on Sunday? Thoughts? Time trials will be on the sunny version of the track though.

I really like the idea of doing it at Night. Fuckin love the Ring, need to get some practice laps in soon.

Gah, I really miss doing my old video series but there is just no good way for to capture the current gen. Even with the built in DVR, it maxes out at like 5 min. So sad.

zorbsie

Dab Nambit Zorbs, I've been doing the FULLLLL track.
Sorry dude. I just noticed it last night while I was testing out a supped up Vandura. Hope you didn't put too many laps in on the wrong track.

I really like the idea of doing it at Night. Fuckin love the Ring, need to get some practice laps in soon.

Gah, I really miss doing my old video series but there is just no good way for to capture the current gen. Even with the built in DVR, it maxes out at like 5 min. So sad.
Yeah I thought a night race would be pretty cool. I thought you had a capture device wouldn't that work for you?

Sorry dude. I just noticed it last night while I was testing out a supped up Vandura. Hope you didn't put too many laps in on the wrong track.

Yeah I thought a night race would be pretty cool. I thought you had a capture device wouldn't that work for you?

The old one worked with the 360 but it doesnt work with the XB1. I need to just get a new computer so I can do it the right way, instead of relying on stand alone capture devices.

frontieruk

The old one worked with the 360 but it doesnt work with the XB1. I need to just get a new computer so I can do it the right way, instead of relying on stand alone capture devices.

the next gen of cheap capture devices is going to be awesome the Ezcap 280 does 1080p to USB drives and is barely distinguishable to the Elgato, it only does 30fps caps though.

The Avermedia does about the same but only offers recording to SD card, that means there is a newer cheaper gen of chips allowing recording direct to usb drives, they probably need a more powerful encode chip for 60fps but it can only be ~6months out looking at the number of generics based on the EzCap280 it's going to be glorious.

the next gen of cheap capture devices is going to be awesome the Ezcap 280 does 1080p to USB drives and is barely distinguishable to the Elgato, it only does 30fps caps though.

The Avermedia does about the same but only offers recording to SD card, that means there is a newer cheaper gen of chips allowing recording direct to usb drives, they probably need a more powerful encode chip for 60fps but it can only be ~6months out looking at the number of generics based on the EzCap280 it's going to be glorious.

I had an older Avermedia Capture device that I used for my old videos and I loved it. It just doesn't do 1080p/60pfs so it is kinda useless for the new systems. Plus it doesn't use HDMI.

Now I know you can use the Xbox App on Windows 10 to capture media, does anyone know how that works? Mine tells me my computer is too shitty to use it but I am curious if that would work when I finally upgrade my computer.

frontieruk

I had an older Avermedia Capture device that I used for my old videos and I loved it. It just doesn't do 1080p/60pfs so it is kinda useless for the new systems. Plus it doesn't use HDMI.

Now I know you can use the Xbox App on Windows 10 to capture media, does anyone know how that works? Mine tells me my computer is too shitty to use it but I am curious if that would work when I finally upgrade my computer.

I thought it did the same as on xbox, records the game, much like shadowplay on NV cards, though I'm now tempted to use it to capture my OP squad in Xcom... I may be cheating ... :(

The Riley DP got a nice buff with today's update, (PI up to 922 from 906).

Looks like they also fixed the issue where the optional front dive planes would incorrectly reduce downforce, (as well as knock it down into R-class).

Fox Mulder

I only had one controller and now it's dead. Kept losing sync with the console overnight and now won't turn on at all.

Maybe I should just buy a wheel.

Top Bottom