• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 6 |OT| Forza turns 10

zorbsie

Here is a great screen shot from the attempt at the night race on the ring.

Magneto-perfection.gif

terrible

Banned
The brands hatch bounty hunter rival time to beat just keeps getting more insane. It's at 1:38.441 now. Top 1% lol. That's genuinely quick.

zorbsie

week14_headerswu9q.png

More 80s goodness

The ring was loads of fun as soon as we turned on the lights. This weekend we'll be headed to Lime Rock - Full Track. There are no day/weather options so just sunny this time. :)
The standings have been updated. Last weekend was my first podium finish this season. Watch out P3tran I'm catching up. lol

Race day schedule:
We will have a 4 lap practice race with collisions off. You will try to get your best time in this race. The real race will use best lap times in ascending order for grid placement. Collisions will be always on, make sure to turn off sim damage on your end.

As always the lobby will be up at 3:00pm Eastern Sunday. The race should take 15 - 20 minutes to finish. After the race feel free to stick around and do more races with the group.

Can't make it on Sunday? Join in the fun by doing this weeks time trial. Post your best time on this weeks track before the race on Sunday to be included. Points will be given on time trials as well as the actual race.

Sunday race will be Lime Rock - Full
Don't forget that the car you use in time trial is the car you use on race day. Also the car you pick is the car you keep for the whole series.

Who can join?
Anyone on GAF is more than welcome to join. Just picked up FM6? leave me your GT and I'll send you an invite on race day. Simple as that.

Questions/Suggestions? I'm all ears.

terrible

Banned
Not new thread worthy, but there's speculation on GT Planet (based on recent Phil Spencer comments) that the door might be creaking open for Forza to become available on PC:

https://www.gtplanet.net/could-forza-make-its-way-to-pc/

Yeah there's a thread on that rumour. That'd be pretty cool if it happened as long as they do it properly, ie have full wheel support and not just have the same limited compatibility as on Xbox One. There are lots of people on PC with G27s and such that would probably love to play Forza.

I'd likely double dip if it came out for Windows and I'd definitely get FH3 for Windows instead of Xbox if I had the option. Imagine FH3 at 60 FPS.. mmmm.

Mascot

Yeah there's a thread on that rumour. That'd be pretty cool if it happened as long as they do it properly, ie have full wheel support and not just have the same limited compatibility as on Xbox One. There are lots of people on PC with G27s and such that would probably love to play Forza.

I'd likely double dip if it came out for Windows and I'd definitely get FH3 for Windows instead of Xbox if I had the option. Imagine FH3 at 60 FPS.. mmmm.

I'd probably go native and buy a gaming PC if it ever came to pass. I'm on the edge already and just need a little nudge.

zorbsie

I'd probably double dip if it came to PC. Although I don't think my 560ti will help me much. It would be too much to upgrade to play a game I'm already going to play on the console.

I'd probably double dip if it came to PC. Although I don't think my 560ti will help me much. It would be too much to upgrade to play a game I'm already going to play on the console.

I could put Windows 10 on either my Mac Pro or Hackintosh but it would have to run pretty well on the 650Ti cards I have in each, and even then it would leave me feeling pretty icky.

It is not a long track, no. ALMS (or whatever it is called these days) runs it every year if you thought our hot rodded '80s cars were quick around it.

Don_Ente

Neo Member
It is not a long track, no. ALMS (or whatever it is called these days) runs it every year if you thought our hot rodded '80s cars were quick around it.
OK - just making sure it's not West, South or Full Alt...

My tentative time (out of town, so don't know if I'll get back to it):

- Don

The bounty hunter time is now 1:38.230. Damn is he ever fast.

Whelp, looks like I am not getting that Aston!

I know we were talking about future DLC for Forza and playing NFS got me thinking about that. We know that Porsche is coming in March and we also know that the Ford Focus RS is also coming in DLC. I am curious if those cars (and maybe the BMW M2 and others) are under a similar exclusivity contract with EA as Porsche. So maybe once the Porsche deal expires, so do the others and we will see a few new packs of cars that have been exclusive to EA for a while.

Whelp, looks like I am not getting that Aston!

I know we were talking about future DLC for Forza and playing NFS got me thinking about that. We know that Porsche is coming in March and we also know that the Ford Focus RS is also coming in DLC. I am curious if those cars (and maybe the BMW M2 and others) are under a similar exclusivity contract with EA as Porsche. So maybe once the Porsche deal expires, so do the others and we will see a few new packs of cars that have been exclusive to EA for a while.

I always was under the impression that Nissan and PD are very close to each other and the closest thing Turn 10 has with any company is their relationship with Ford. My guess would be that Ford would only do exclusivity deals with them and not EA. They probably want the Focus RS release to coincide with something other event.
I don't know about an M2, but the i8 is probably not coming because the tech with fwd electric and combustion rwd is somewhat complicated for normal DLC prices and no other car in the game has this. The LM Nismo isn't modeled like that either (as was pointed out by badned, it's closer to reality like that, so that's fine). Maybe they should do a big hybrid car DLC later and also re-model the hybrid cars already in the game. I mean as big as the Porsche DLC will be and also add fuel economy challenges and such things.

So I just spent $700 last week getting a coolant and oil leak fixed in my car. And today, some wonderful person decides to pull out in front of me.

My life is awesome..

HtWmTNe.jpg

aGl8CbJ.jpg

zorbsie

Those aren't your boots though, right Shortt?

That totally sucks dude. Is that like a euro styled license plate? Are those legal?

Those aren't your boots though, right Shortt?

That totally sucks dude. Is that like a euro styled license plate? Are those legal?

Haha, those are definitely not my boots. And yeah, in Indiana we don't have to have front plates so you can have custom stuff on the front if you want. Some states require front and rear plates and that wouldn't be allowed there.

That sucks shortt.

You got their insurance info right?

Yeah, and a police report. Just fuckin sucks because I just got it fixed and it was my only car. So I am going to be without a car while they get it to a shop and get it fixed.

Just not a great time for it to happen.

Haha, those are definitely not my boots. And yeah, in Indiana we don't have to have front plates so you can have custom stuff on the front if you want. Some states require front and rear plates and that wouldn't be allowed there.

Yeah, and a police report. Just fuckin sucks because I just got it fixed and it was my only car. So I am going to be without a car while they get it to a shop and get it fixed.

Just not a great time for it to happen.

Yeah that sucks, but it's better then what I had to deal with a couple years ago. There is no dumb ass insurance for an idiot running across an intersection at night wearing all black, while you have the green. So not only did I have to deal with the fact I hit a pedestrian, but I had to pay $900 to fix my lights and replace my windshield.

Luckily there was a off duty cop there who saw the whole thing, so he backed up my story and I wasn't found at fault. But what was I supposed to do sue the guy I just hit with my car?

Yeah that sucks, but it's better then what I had to deal with a couple years ago. There is no dumb ass insurance for an idiot running across an intersection at night wearing all black, while you have the green. So not only did I have to deal with the fact I hit a pedestrian, but I had to pay $900 to fix my lights and replace my windshield.

Luckily there was a off duty cop there who saw the whole thing, so he backed up my story and I wasn't found at fault. But what was I supposed to do sue the guy I just hit with my car?

Holy shit dude, that sucks! That is really lucky that the cop was there. What ended up happening?

Holy shit dude, that sucks! That is really lucky that the cop was there. What ended up happening?

Well as I said I wasn't found at fault by my insurance company, and the police report basically said the guy was jay walking. He still probably could have sued but luckily he didn't. But like you I need my car(public transportation is a joke in NJ) and stupidly at the time didn't check the rental option on my insurance, so I had to fork over the $900 out of pocket to fix my car, because I couldn't wait the 4 days it was going to take for them to fix it, if I had my insurance cover it.

I've got you beat.

My Xbox One was on the floor in front of the passenger side chair. The box got destroyed but the console is untouched.
Reminds me of my Camero that was totaled, after getting hit by a tractor trailer. Having the airbags explode and shattering the windshield was one of the most intense moments if my life. Strangely I wasn't scared, just kind of " whelp I guess this is it". Still shocked I walked away from that accident with zero injuries. Sucks because it was a UPS truck and I might have been set for life.

Goddam, ForzaGAF has some bad luck when it comes to driving.

Of course, that should be obvious from any of our online races...

I mean, seriously, SoundScream hit a guy.

I posted this in the Driveclub OT, in case someone here is interested:

Ok, I wanted to know how the Driveclub Hardcore mode braking distance compares to other games and came up with the idea to compare the time it takes to decelerate from 200km/h to 0km/h. To do that I took video footage and looked up the exact frames.
THEN I saw "hey, you got the speed of this car at any given time of the braking... what if you made a graph of those with lots of values taken from the video? The area under the graph would be braking distance!". So that's what I did here, just that I also used an interpolation algorithm from Mathematica and did a numerical integration on it, to have a very precise idea of the area under the deceleration-speed curve.

I used the Pagani Huayra in every game. Here are the results:
Driveclubnormal.png

Driveclubhardcore.png

Forza6.png

pCARS.png

GT6.png

Sidenotes:
- I tried to find a straight that was even in Japan, but the road in Driveclub might have had a very minor inclination/unevenness, unlike in Monza or the Forza drag strip where the values for the other games where taken. This has nothing to do with the dents in the speed curve on the last meters.
- In GT6 the standard tyre for the Huayra [sports hard] seems a little weak; the same tyre is used in your usual sport saloons in the game. pCARS has the outstanding Pirelli Trofeo on the car. Forza doesn't name the tyre brands, but assigns different tyre compound values to every car in stock configuration.
- Tyres were warmed up, no ABS was used, except in GT6, where I went for ABS on the lowest possible setting (1/10), because my threshold braking is terrible in that game. In Forza and pCARS I went for a lower brake pressure in the setup and then pushed the pedal to the metal. Driveclub automatically doesn't lock up the brakes in 100% input as long as you're not trying to steer or are going downhill.
- I might add the last 2 Grid games and Assetto Corsa in late April.

Devildoll

So I just spent $700 last week getting a coolant and oil leak fixed in my car. And today, some wonderful person decides to pull out in front of me.

My life is awesome..

Wow, well, your badluck button should be on cooldown for a while now, i hope.

BTW, you guys weren't joking when you said that turn 10 employee set a fast time.

gragy10

Throwing an S class F40 around Lime Rock tonight has been a stupid amount of fun - fingers crossed I can make Sunday's race

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
I hope this comes to PC as rumored. I've never played Forza and am intrigued by the engine swapping aspect of it.

Top Bottom