• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 6 |OT| Forza turns 10

terrible

Banned
In your opinion. Just because you aren't good with a wheel in Forza doesn't make it a fact.

Nah, the force feedback is really bad. That's not really an opinion, that's the truth. I bought my wheel for Forza but instead I just use it for PC sims that have proper force feedback.

Forza is great with a controller though.

Nah, the force feedback is really bad. That's not really an opinion, that's the truth. I bought my wheel for Forza but instead I just use it for PC sims that have proper force feedback.

Forza is great with a controller though.

No it's not. You have posted some crazy shit about your inability to use your wheel properly on here, claiming that you can't avoid spinning out. Just because you can't get you're head around how it works doesn't mean it's a fact.

terrible

Banned
The spinning out issue was corrected within the first week if me getting the wheel once I had correct settings.

You can still run comparable times on a wheel but the FFB always feels awful. When you lose grip you lose all feeling in the wheel and the wheel doesn't center itself properly. There are plenty more issues but those are biggest problems outside of the huge "left pull" FFB glitch that requires a game restart to fix.

Outside of non sims like The Crew it's the worst FFB I've tried and because of that it's not immersive at all to me. Since anyone can run similar times with a controller and I don't find the style of FFB fun with a wheel I can't recommend a wheel to anyone for just Forza. If I didn't have PC sims to fall back on I would've had big time buyers remorse.

The spinning out issue was corrected within the first week if me getting the wheel once I had correct settings.

You can still run comparable times on a wheel but the FFB always feels awful. When you lose grip you lose all feeling in the wheel and the wheel doesn't center itself properly. There are plenty more issues but those are biggest problems outside of the huge "left pull" FFB glitch that requires a game restart to fix.

Outside of non sims like The Crew it's the worst FFB I've tried and because of that it's not immersive at all to me. Since anyone can run similar times with a controller and I don't find the style of FFB fun with a wheel I can't recommend a wheel to anyone for just Forza. If I didn't have PC sims to fall back on I would've had big time buyers remorse.

As long as you qualify that it's not immersive "to you" that's fine. The way they implement FFB is better then other games when it comes to road feel, as to letting you know where you are when it comes to traction IMO. Once you understand that losing control is no longer an issue. It's a hard thing to figure out, going from F4 to 5 was jarring at first. It took me a couple of months of practice but now other games come off as easy to me.

Demise

Who in the dev team thought that it was a good idea to not put a proper time trial mode in a simulation racing game ? Forza games are the best and I really appreciate turn 10 work but seriousely guys ?

If I want to play something that look like a time trial, then I have two choices : freeplay with no opponent car and infinite turns or class trial in the rival mode. Neither of those solution register my best times (times with a S), only the best. So what if I want to compare my time depending on the car I use ? What if i want to compare my times depending on the time of the day ? In Forza 6, I have to pick a piece of paper and write on it... I can't really understand how you can do all those technical prowesses we all are amazed about in forza 6 and not think about a simple thing like this. An advice from one creator to another, always hire a pragmatical and narrow minded guy, put him behind a desk and make him play your game. I ensure you, you won't ever miss a single simple point like this.

Don't really know how the process about adding cars work but from what I heard, bmw i8 is asked everywhere by the community, maybe it's time for a gift ? I don't care about the car myself but damn it's almost criminal not to add it at this state.

Forza's FFB doesn't give you the track feel and shakyness of uneven or dirty tracks, every car has the most user friendly power steering while also telling when the back is stepping out. It doesn't do too much in terms of immersion, but it's still fun and suuuuper helpful in my opinion(more helpful than in any other game I'd say)... If you're on the edge of grip, you feel the wheel getting stiffer when trying to turn in more; you step over the edge and the wheel gets light until your rear tyres grip again.
I would have zero regrets getting a Thrustmster TX for just 3-4 Forza games on Xbox One. It's also the same kind of FFB Gran Turismo is going for, just that Forza has it down far more by now. A few weeks ago, I talked to a guy with with a T300RS and the nly games he ever played with it were DC and GT6, which is kinda said, but he loved the FFB and to be honest, if I didn't know FFB from any other games, I'd be with him. Even games like Grid 2... If you don't know better from any other FFB games, that feels great already. We're all spoiled. There is room for lots of improvements, but Forza already has great FFB as it is right now.

Forza's ffb takes some getting used to compared to many other sims but once you do it can be pretty great as a tool for letting you know what's going on. It's hardly exciting and could do with more resistance before the tyres start slipping.

I've been using normal steering for a month, the whole thing feels slightly different but losing that centre twitchyness brings the steering more in line with what you might be used to.

terrible

Banned
Forza's ffb takes some getting used to compared to many other sims but once you do it can be pretty great as a tool for letting you know what's going on. It's hardly exciting and could do with more resistance before the tyres start slipping.

I've been using normal steering for a month, the whole thing feels slightly different but losing that centre twitchyness brings the steering more in line with what you might be used to.

I've switched between sim and normal a few times. I think there's a bigger FFB deadzone at the center of the wheel on normal but cars behave nicer so it's not a bad setting to use for sure.

tsjyQ5t.gif

I swear I am not always complaining ;)

The suspension animation in this game is pretty delicious.

frontieruk

Time trials are on the sunny track. Get out of the dark Frontier. lol

Lol internet has died apparently the hardware at the exchange I'm plugged in has failed. I only trial to make sure I know the track layout so guess I won't bother as that's not being fixed today.

zorbsie

Can't seem to get a clean lap time yet. But so far I've got a dirty 7:35.042. But I think the Buick Regal is the car I'm going with.
fm6_9c5sai.png

EDIT: Finally a clean lap! 7:33.944

Don_Ente

Neo Member
My time-trial effort...

=== 7:02.777

with the 1987 Ferrari F40

I *might* be able to join the racing today --- unfortunately, I pretty much despise the Nordschleife, so I'm not feeling a lot of motivation.

- Don

You don't know how close I was to having a clean lap 7:39.774

Also I think that if you don't screen cap your best time it should be assumed that it's dirty, I WON'T BELIEVE YOUR LIES!!!!

zorbsie

Also I think that if you don't screen cap your best time it should be assumed that it's dirty, I WON'T BELIEVE YOUR LIES!!!!

You know seeing how screen grabbing is so easy. Maybe we should have that for time trials. I don't now just a thought.

lobby up in 2 minutes.

Noobcraft

I haven't driven my car yet so hopefully I don't kill anyone lol. Literally tuned it blind and haven't driven it yet. Also it has the stock transmission...

Top Bottom