• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 6 |OT| Forza turns 10

Lima

ccujhfuwiaaoa2g6hkxy.jpg

Finally. Took me a lot longer than I expected because I took extended breaks while playing the career. Now all I'm missing is the stupid Thru the pack achievement which Turn 10 refuses to change.

zorbsie

Finally. Took me a lot longer than I expected because I took extended breaks while playing the career. Now all I'm missing is the stupid Thru the pack achievement which Turn 10 refuses to change.

I think that's the achievement for all career races/events. Got that one a week or so ago. Feels good. I'll never get the online achievements for this game though. Thanks for nothing Turn10. Thru the pack has got to be the worst achievement since Quake 4 - Number One achievement.

gragy10

So this week i found my mic, then realised i couldn't plug it in at the same time as headphones. Looks like I'll be dusting off kinect for next time.
Major apology to Jello for cannoning into him too - I forgot to turn off damage for Bathhurst main event and he was in the firing line the first time i braked after shunting :(

zorbsie

Devildoll, the video is set to private.

Had a blast in today's races. Thanks to everyone who came out. The E class race was fantastic. I'll get the standings updated shortly. Next weekend is the last race of this series and then we move on to R class series. Still figuring out what the requirements will be for that. Is 70's F1 too limiting? That would be only the Ferrari and the McLaren right?

OT: Remember when I said the kids played in mud during the races? This is what they did.
Apparently they were throwing mud at the shed and accusing each other of having diarrhea. Are my kids aren't the only ones that do that, right? That's normal play, right?

BIGT468

Devildoll, the video is set to private.

Had a blast in today's races. Thanks to everyone who came out. The E class race was fantastic. I'll get the standings updated shortly. Next weekend is the last race of this series and then we move on to R class series. Still figuring out what the requirements will be for that. Is 70's F1 too limiting? That would be only the Ferrari and the McLaren right?

OT: Remember when I said the kids played in mud during the races? This is what they did.

Apparently they were throwing mud at the shed and accusing each other of having diarrhea. Are my kids aren't the only ones that do that, right? That's normal play, right?

I still go out in my yard to throw mud around and then blame it on my neighbors diarrhea! :D

zorbsie

week16_headeri7usg.png

Final week of 80s goodness

Race day schedule:
We will have a 4 lap practice race with collisions off. You will try to get your best time in this race. The real race will use best lap times in ascending order for grid placement. Collisions will be always on, make sure to turn off sim damage on your end.

As always the lobby will be up at 3:00pm Eastern Sunday. The race should take 15 - 20 minutes to finish. After the race feel free to stick around and do more races with the group.

Can't make it on Sunday? Join in the fun by doing this weeks time trial. Post your best time on this weeks track before the race on Sunday to be included. Points will be given on time trials as well as the actual race.

Sunday race will be Sonoma - Full Circuit
Don't forget that the car you use in time trial is the car you use on race day. Also the car you pick is the car you keep for the whole series.

Who can join?
Anyone on GAF is more than welcome to join. Just picked up FM6? leave me your GT and I'll send you an invite on race day. Simple as that.

Questions/Suggestions? I'm all ears.

All that hype for a glorified demo? Weaksauce.

Given, however, that both Dan and Alan (T10 studio head) are at the Geneva Motor Show this week, there surely must be more to announce, for Xbox and PC alike.

lem0n

Tomorrows "content update" introduces a game breaking glitch with that new Ford prototype, so beware! Read up on it here.

http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_postst58956_Tomorrow-s--3-1-16--Content-Update.aspx

This is the only time they have referred to a car pack as a content update... being coy on what it actually is, plus no clues since it would give it away easily, makes me think the Porsche pack might actually be coming tomorrow. What else would be considered a content update and not just a DLC pack? Especially given Amazons leak??

So... instead of luring people to try out the Win 10 store for games, let them see "we got great deals too" and offer them a premium xbox live experience for a free month or so, they really try to use Forza to make guys, who already have a PC that can run Forza, to consider buying an Xbox One so they can buy the full games??
That's maybe the saddest thing coming from Microsoft's gaming division since Phil Spencer took over. They're really still trying to sell boxes instead of subscriptions and games?? *sigh* this is super sad

frontieruk

So... instead of luring people to try out the Win 10 store for games, let them see "we got great deals too" and offer them a premium xbox live experience for a free month or so, they really try to use Forza to make guys, who already have a PC that can run Forza, to consider buying an Xbox One so they can buy the full games??
That's maybe the saddest thing coming from Microsoft's gaming division since Phil Spencer took over. They're really still trying to sell boxes instead of subscriptions and games?? *sigh* this is super sad

See I read it it as, we don't want to devote to much to this as the game is already 6 months old and maybe a bit more by the time we get this to the store, but we want something visually stunning. The fact it's been subcontracted out hints at T10 being well underway with 7, I'd go as far as saying they'll be no chance in hell T10 isn't going to be the dev behind the first mainline Forza on PC thus the cutdown tech demo we're getting this spring, but 7 will be developed hand in hand will the xbox version.

i think thats a complete misinterpretation of the plan.

they arent doing it to sell more consoles. they are doing it to generate more money from software.

idk how youre getting your idea

i think thats a complete misinterpretation of the plan.

they arent doing it to sell more consoles. they are doing it to generate more money from software.

idk how youre getting your idea
I got the idea because it's going to be a teaser version for free with no full version coming to PC, along with other XB1 games that will get the same treatment, if the source is to be trusted.

See I read it it as, we don't want to devote to much to this as the game is already 6 months old and maybe a bit more by the time we get this to the store, but we want something visually stunning. The fact it's been subcontracted out hints at T10 being well underway with 7, I'd go as far as saying they'll be no chance in hell T10 isn't going to be the dev behind the first mainline Forza on PC thus the cutdown tech demo we're getting this spring, but 7 will be developed hand in hand will the xbox version.
This could very well be and is more what I'd expect from Phil Spencer's team, I hope you're right and it would be good if they made clear that this won't be a trend ("you only get demos on PC") but more of a teaser to get a good guess of the possible market out there on Win10 and how much of the development time from the ground up they should invest in future PC versions of Xbox One games (compared to the console version).

Niiiiiiiice, but no sign of Magnus Walker's 277 in that promo. Maybe EVO magazine got it wrong after all..?

Except for this though, it has every Porsche that I hoped would be in it 356, 550, 917, 919 and all the Horizon 2 Porsches (hopefully all of them, there were quite a few missing in the trailer).

You think there will be different body-kits for the 917?

The lack of the 917, 935 and 991 RSR has me a bit down, but welcoming Stuttgart back to Forza makes this a very, very good day.

EDIT: It looks like the 962 has the old 'Racing' livery. FM4 had the correct Rothmans design, so I can't help but wonder why the censored version is back.

There is no 917. Typo?

What is the older Le Mans (Can Am?) car in the trailer? Thought it was a 917 with a non-open body-kit behind the rear wheels. There were tons of variants of the 917.
Is there a list with all the cars, I haven't looked into this at all. Just watched the trailer.

Edit:
EDIT: It looks like the 962 has the old 'Racing' livery. FM4 had the correct Rothmans design, so I can't help but wonder why the censored version is back.
That answers that... :( no 917

Is there a list with all the cars, I haven't looked into this at all. Just watched the trailer.

2015 Porsche #19 Porsche Team 919 Hybrid
1960 Porsche 718 RS 60
1957 Porsche 356A Speedster
1998 Porsche #26 Porsche AG 911 GT1 98
2004 Porsche 911 GT3
1987 Porsche #17 Racing Porsche AG 962c
1955 Porsche 550A Spyder
2011 Porsche #45 Flying Lizard 911 GT3 RSR
2008 Porsche #7 Penske Racing RS Spyder Evo
1989 Porsche 944 Turbo
1982 Porsche 911 Turbo 3.3
1970 Porsche 914/6
2012 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
2014 Porsche 918 Spyder
2015 Porsche Macan Turbo
1987 Porsche 959
2014 Porsche 911 Turbo S
2015 Porsche Cayman GTS
2012 Porsche 911 GT2 RS
2003 Porsche Carrera GT
2012 Porsche 911 GT3 RS 4.0 (997)

Sucks that two spots are wasted on SUVs, but no duplicates at least.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Can you purchase the pack through the console? I can't find it on the damn online store.

I still need to add funds anyway, but still.

lem0n

I think there may be some hidden cars. Pause when it says "over 20 cars"... That's definitely a red 993 GT2 towards the back. Unmistakable wing

zorbsie

Can you purchase the pack through the console? I can't find it on the damn online store.

I still need to add funds anyway, but still.

It's not up yet. At least for me in Canada it isn't. Is there a way to look for updates to the game manually? Maybe I haven't got the update yet.

Top Bottom