• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 6 |OT| Forza turns 10

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
If it was Horizon 3, wouldn't they just say it?

Could be one of two things. 1 they simply don't want to announce Horizon 3 right now. PR is weird that way, they have a marketing plan for maximum impact. 2 it's not Horizon 3 this year. There were some rumours a while ago that MS might go for a three year dev cycle in the future for Forza. And we know they have shipped around PGR at least once in the last three years. Maybe this year we get Forza: PGR.

The Porsche expansion looks great, can't wait to chuck some German metal around the new track! I'm disappointed by the obvious lack of any Boxters. It's weird. Would have liked to see an old and a new Boxter, and the first gen Cayman as well.

Oh well, maybe they'll be in Horizon 3.

TheDanger

Banned
They got some balls on them to not include absolutely everything in the Ultimate edition I bought for fucking 108€, I'm seriously expected to pay even more now just for Porsche?

Fuck you M$

Stevey

Lol I bought the Ultimate Edition as well, they've always been very transparent about what's in it.

Just bought the expansion through smart glass at work, will be ready to go when I get in.

TheDanger

Banned
Lol I bought the Ultimate Edition as well, they've always been very transparent about what's in it.

Just bought the expansion through smart glass at work, will be ready to go when I get in.

If you're not gonna put everything in there don't call it ultimate period, of course it's their right to exclude the Porsche pack, but it's still a shitty thing to do considering the price of the Ultimate edition.

zorbsie

Relax dude. We all knew from the release of the game that the Porsche pack would cost more. Even if you bought the car pass/ultimate edition. You want to complain that there is no VIP discount, I'll listen to that. Bummed that they didn't give at least 5 bucks off for VIP members.

Also "M$"? What are you 8?

If you're not gonna put everything in there don't call it ultimate period.

He's right though, they absolutely said that and it was the same with the other XB1 Forza games, Ultimate doesn't give you everything, Porsche was not going to be discounted for VIP or FH2 Porsche pack owners. Personally I never have a problem giving money to Turn 10 - they still make my favorite racing game after all, and I play a lot of those -, but I also can absolutely understand when someone thinks that 20€ is asked a lot, especially if you already paid for 10 Porsches in Horizon 2 (and got 2 for free), are a VIP Forza 6 member and don't even get a discount. Also there is to consider that new tracks were free in Forza 5 and the Porsche pack in Horizon 2 was 10 Euro for 10 cars and back then they still had to pay royalties to EA and now they don't, if I understand right.

TheDanger

Banned
Relax dude. We all knew from the release of the game that the Porsche pack would cost more. Even if you bought the car pass/ultimate edition. You want to complain that there is no VIP discount, I'll listen to that. Bummed that they didn't give at least 5 bucks off for VIP members.

Also "M$"? What are you 8?

I never said they weren't transparent enough, it's just still not very customer friendly to not include everything in an edition called ultimate that is more than 100 bucks. It's pretty greedy.

zorbsie

I do think that the track should have been free to everyone. It seems like we got free tracks in FM5 to placate the complaints over the games use of microtransactions. But it was the right move. Charge for cars for people that want more cars in the game. Paid tracks just splits the community, which can never be good. And to top that off if you don't want the Porsches and just the track, you have no options to just buy the track. All that being said I love this DLC and think it's totally worth the $20.

terrible

Banned
I'm surprised that the Porsche campaign has full voice work and everything. The presentation quality is through the roof. With how badly the Canadian dollar has tanked it's nice to see they didn't raise the price on us too. Overall I'm pretty happy with it.

I do think they should've given everyone the track for free though.

No one post this yet?

Microsoft and Lamborghini Reveal the Lamborghini Centenario as the Next “Forza Motorsport” Cover Car

I'm surprised that the Porsche campaign has full voice work and everything. The presentation quality is through the roof. With how badly the Canadian dollar has tanked it's nice to see they didn't raise the price on us too. Overall I'm pretty happy with it.

I do think they should've given everyone the track for free though.

I agree with both of those things. Man, that 718 around Watkins Glen was a fantastic race. I love that little car.

Lima

I'm surprised that the Porsche campaign has full voice work and everything. The presentation quality is through the roof.

This is my thought as well. Initially I was a bit bummed about no vip discount but after actually starting it it's well worth 20. This is not just a Porsche car pack like in Horizon or previous Forza titles. Full fledged campaign add-on with new cutscenes, audio and voiceover for the races and cars.

ElNino

I never said they weren't transparent enough, it's just still not very customer friendly to not include everything in an edition called ultimate that is more than 100 bucks. It's pretty greedy.
To be fair, I think part (most?) of the greed here would be on EA as they seem to only allow the license as a DLC pack.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
To be fair, I think part (most?) of the greed here would be on EA as they seem to only allow the license as a DLC pack.

Yeah, but I've heard rumors that is coming to an end soon. Their exclusive contract with Porsche is apparently up for renewal and there hasn't been any word on if they extended it.

I think if the EA-Porsche deal was going to end, I think it was going to be over by now. (2015?)

Rumor was Porsche was unsatisfied with EA sub-licensing. The recent EA-Forza agreement seems to be a pretty good indication that EA appeased Porsche and re-upped the deal.

It'll be interesting to see what happens with GT.

This is my thought as well. Initially I was a bit bummed about no vip discount but after actually starting it it's well worth 20. This is not just a Porsche car pack like in Horizon or previous Forza titles. Full fledged campaign add-on with new cutscenes, audio and voiceover for the races and cars.

I'm surprised that the Porsche campaign has full voice work and everything. The presentation quality is through the roof.

I feel weird though hearing about the "young Ferdinand Porsche" who invented the 356 because no existing race car could match his expectations. Actually the 356 is an upgraded Beetle that still has the cheap swing-axle rear suspension solution, probably because the young "Ferry" Porsche couldn't get any money from the banks, because his father, the old actual "Ferdinand" Porsche at the time, hadn't bought himself out of french prisons for stealing from Peugeot during WW2 (he also requested and used Russian war criminals as forced labor). The original 356 race car concept, which wasn't thought up by Ferry, was a mid-engine concept. Also the 356 body was designed by the same VW engineer, who designed the Beetle body.

Azzawon

Loving the new Porsche DLC, but I'm amazed that this still hasn't been fixed. Happens every time I race on Silverstone in the rain.
Screenshot-Original.png

DirtyLarry

Just got the email about the Porsche expansion, truly had no idea it was coming out, so did a search of the forums and found this thread.
I am going to hold off though after thinking about it. Just so much to play right now.
Will definitely pick it up a few months down the road though.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Just got the email about the Porsche expansion, truly had no idea it was coming out, so did a search of the forums and found this thread.
I am going to hold off though after thinking about it. Just so much to play right now.
Will definitely pick it up a few months down the road though.

Check ur NeoGaf PMs braj.

Actually the 356 is an upgraded Beetle that still has the cheap swing-axle rear suspension solution

Yeah, hearing the 356 voice-over then driving it led to a fit of laughter in the first corner with the 2CV levels of body roll.

Am loving the expansion though.

930T with a twin-turbo @ PI500 sadly doesn't sound as nearly over the top as it did in FM4, and in fact is a bit boring so I put it back to the stock single turbo for increased happiness.

Yeah, hearing the 356 voice-over then driving it led to a fit of laughter in the first corner with the 2CV levels of body roll.

Probably happens to everyone in that corner ;)

300px-Swing_Axle_Diagram.svg.png

I even checked the telemetry after the race. In that corner I had camber values of +6 and -15 on the rear wheels.
It's the same type in the Mercedes 300SL (even in the 300 SLR) and the 550 Spyder. The 718 has Formula 1 style suspension.

Poor James Dean...
sss.jpg

his crash had nothing to do the suspension, he was driving in a straight line, rammed from the front left

zorbsie

Been playing the Porsche pack too much and haven't updated the standings for our league races. But I did get some nice shots today.

fm6_17b1s6p.png

fm6_18nqs04.png

Stevey

So I see there's seperate mp and league menus within the Porsche expansion menu.
We can use these porsches in regular mp, right?

zorbsie

So I see there's seperate mp and league menus within the Porsche expansion menu.
We can use these porsches in regular mp, right?

I don't see why not. I think the separated MP is to include the new track in the rotation and to have Porsche only races.

Could be one of two things. 1 they simply don't want to announce Horizon 3 right now. PR is weird that way, they have a marketing plan for maximum impact. 2 it's not Horizon 3 this year. There were some rumours a while ago that MS might go for a three year dev cycle in the future for Forza. And we know they have shipped around PGR at least once in the last three years. Maybe this year we get Forza: PGR.

Don't tease me. :) Forza PGR could be amazing! And have PGR 4 as a pre-order back compat game.

danowat

Banned
What's the Porsche career like?

This is the first piece of DLC I haven't purchased since FM2, if the single player portion of the Porsche DLC is at least a little bit interesting, I might take the plunge.

But not if it uses that god awful Rio track........ !

Bad timing with everybody just playing Porsches, but...
I just browsed what's new in Geneva and...
Remember the Gumpert Apollo? This amazing car with enough downforce it could drive on the ceiling, but had the dumbest name and was ugly as fuck, especially considering it cost over 300,000 USD? They got rid of the "Gumpert" name and now are making THIS.
It looks like a McLaren, but somehow even better. Wouldn't mind this being in Forza. Edit: 1000HP / 1000Nm @1300kg

terrible

Banned
That's basically a copy of the P1 but made "extreme" lol. Given how fast the Gumpert Apollo was it's probably going to be good though.

I'm guessing if it's going to be in a Forza it'd be Forza 7 at the earliest though.

Were there no rewards this week for the various tiers (money)? I only turn on my xbox one in the past 3 months every friday to run the app and get the rewards, this week didn't see anything. Did they move the date around or just turn it off this week?

zorbsie

Were there no rewards this week for the various tiers (money)? I only turn on my xbox one in the past 3 months every friday to run the app and get the rewards, this week didn't see anything. Did they move the date around or just turn it off this week?

I use the forza hub app on my computer. Saves me the time of turning on the XB1.

Top Bottom