• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 6 |OT| Forza turns 10

Any word whether the rewards will carry over to the PC version? I've got a crapload of points that are doing nothing.

I don't think T10 has said, but I'd be surprised if Apex doesn't have Xbox achievements and isn't tied into the Forza Rewards system.

DJ_Lae

I use the forza hub app on my computer. Saves me the time of turning on the XB1.

I did not know this was a thing, thanks for the heads up! Installing it now, will definitely be handy not having to pop the Xbox One on just to grab credits.

Klocker

Really digging how the Porsche career uses stock ratings where as in the other career the Porsche cars are upgraded to the higher classes for interaction with other like cars classes.

The cars in stock Porsche class feel really good. Rarely raced stock since in the other career, most cars are boosted.

Lima

Really digging how the Porsche career uses stock ratings where as in the other career the Porsche cars are upgraded to the higher classes for interaction with other like cars classes.

The cars in stock Porsche class feel really good. Rarely raced stock since in the other career, most cars are boosted.

I always enjoy racing stock as the feel of the car is not altered by the tune. I'm also not hugely into the tuning side so I almost always end up downloading a tune + setup anyway.

The Porsche career is pretty awesome. Doesn't outstay its welcome but there is enough content for at least 6-8 hours in there. Good times.

Lima

Thinking of getting Forza 6 (it's the first Forza I've skipped). Any of the DLC a must have?

Porsche pack is definitely a must have. The others are standard car packs so look through the list if you find any cars that you absolutely need.

Navy Bean

Thx. Would like to buy digital but for some reason it's still $60... It's $40 everywhere else for hard copy which, of course, makes no sense.

DirtyLarry

Just finished the "Origins" part of the Porsche campaign.
Forza 6 really may be my favorite XBox One exclusive thus far. It is just so damn good.
I was absolutely sleeping on Mods as well. Equipping them much more and what a difference for the credits.
Such a damn good game.
Thanks again Stinkies.

Damn, doing those 959 races really makes you realize how fast those Jaguar XJ220s really are!

Also, do we think their are hidden cars in this pack? It says "over 20" new cars and we have seen the Widowmaker GT2 also but it isn't available yet. Has anyone beat all the Main stuff or Showcases yet to see if anything unlocks?

I was absolutely sleeping on Mods as well. Equipping them much more and what a difference for the credits.

Even if you use assist/AI settings and mods to boost your race winnings to 300%, they still don't matter at all, compared to the level-up spins, especially since the december patch. I always have enough money, so I can't really complain, but the balance of their economy with drivatar/tuning rewards, race winnings, Forza Hub rewards and drivier level up spins is completely fucked. See also this analysis I made in december.

If you want to make more money with mods, use mods to boost your XP not your prize money.

zorbsie

I goofed on points for the league. I'm an idiot.
I was using
1=25points
2=15
3=12
4=10
5=8
6=6
7=4
8=2
9=1
10=0

Was looking at the F1 site I noticed the points are actually:
1=25points
2=18
3=15
4=12
5=10
6=8
7=6
8=4
9=2
10=1

I'm going to redo the standings with the new numbers. Things shouldn't change that dramatically, P3tran is still the leader by a large margin. :) But top 10 may get a bit more interesting.

The Canadian in me needs to say sorry for this. Updated, updated standings later today.

In my defense, I make pretty images for a living. Numbers make my head spin.

EDIT: OK everything is sorted now. Standings are up to date and points have been properly distributed. I've used fancy formulas and everything :) Race is at Sonoma tomorrow, be there!

Gek54

Q2lheOh.jpg

I thought I would be getting it with my Ultimate Edition. Never again.

Castaway

Q2lheOh.jpg

I thought I would be getting it with my Ultimate Edition. Never again.

Did it occur to you that this is not possible given EA's eight-year exclusive rights to Porsche through 2016?

Did it ever occur to you that having RUFs or Singers in the game might not be the best way to show Porsche that Forza is serious about wanting them back for good?

If you're going to get angry, there's no sense directing it at MS, Forza, or Turn 10. If they could legally ship Porsches on disc, or include them with digital game bundles, they would.

You should be thankful they did whatever crap deal they had to in order to get Porsches into Horizon 2 and FM6. You see Porsches in any other game besides Need for Speed? Of course you don't.

I'm not sure T10 stated it explicitly, but I feel like we all knew up front that the Porsche DLC wasn't going to be included in the Ultimate Edition.

I still haven't played it! I'm looking forward to it, but PvZ has its hooks in me and The Division goes live Tuesday so I passed for the time being.

I'm not sure T10 stated it explicitly, but I feel like we all knew up front that the Porsche DLC wasn't going to be included in the Ultimate Edition.

I still haven't played it! I'm looking forward to it, but PvZ has its hooks in me and The Division goes live Tuesday so I passed for the time being.

When the horizon Porsche pack came out it was kind of obvious from the press release that it wasn't going to be part of the season pass.

Plus 20 cars and a track would never be part of a monthly car pack.

Bringing Porsche to Forza Horizon 2 is fantastic news for Xbox fans and, even better, it's just the start! We're excited to share that we are working together with Porsche and EA to deliver the Porsche experience to Forza Motorsport 6 players in 2016. We'll have more details to share in the future on the integration.

If it was part of the ultimate edition they would have mentioned it here, be sure more people would have bought the ultimate edition if it included Porsche.

Did it occur to you that this is not possible given EA's eight-year exclusive rights to Porsche through 2016?

Did it ever occur to you that having RUFs or Singers in the game might not be the best way to show Porsche that Forza is serious about wanting them back for good?

If you're going to get angry, there's no sense directing it at MS, Forza, or Turn 10. If they could legally ship Porsches on disc, or include them with digital game bundles, they would.

You should be thankful they did whatever crap deal they had to in order to get Porsches into Horizon 2 and FM6. You see Porsches in any other game besides Need for Speed? Of course you don't.
Is this the Driveclub thread or the racing games graphics thread? If someone is making valid arguments (no RUF, 20USD is a bit steep, not part of UE), don't treat him like an asshole with passive-aggressiveness that not even drive-by shitposters deserve (
those should be ignored
). We can be better than that in here.

BIGT468

I just want to be able to purchase the new track seperately. :( I understand the reasons behind the extra charge for the porsche pack and how its not included with the season pass, I'm just disappointed that as of right now I'm required to buy a pack with cars that I really dont care about to be able to race on the new track.

I just want to be able to purchase the new track seperately. :( I understand the reasons behind the extra charge for the porsche pack and how its not included with the season pass, I'm just disappointed that as of right now I'm required to buy a pack with cars that I really dont care about to be able to race on the new track.

Yeah. Definitely agree on this point.

If I remember this right, over 400,000 people bought the UE(based on leaderboard entries the day before official release), 1.5 - 2 million own the game and as of yesterday not even 30,000 played the first Porsche campaign race. I'll check again on monday, but those numbers aren't great. 20 bucks for 20 or more cars and a track isn't bad value, nobody is saying that, but many people feel they should have handled that differently. Personally I'd say the track should have been free and Turn 10 should have made clearer that the UE doesn't give you everything that was planned as DLC before release; I only know because, I think it was Helios, who mentioned there wouldn't be discounts and also because I would have assumed it anyway, as Storm Island and the included cars weren't part of the UE of Horizon 2 neither.

Gek54

If they just kept their RUF cars there would be no issue here but removing content just to make DLC more desirable is a douche-bag move.

Forget EA and Porsche, I would rather have my yellow bird back.

The track is pretty average tbh. It's my first time ever playing it in a racing game and it is very bland.

I think it's visually boring but there are lots of interesting corners. Have only had 1-2 races there in FM6, but have raced on it in another game many years ago.

RawNuts

The track is pretty average tbh. It's my first time ever playing it in a racing game and it is very bland.
The "full" ribbon isn't that great, but the patriot and grand setups are really nice; I get vibes of Road Atlanta mixed with Lime Rock from it. It's the least interesting rain course though.

GHG

Gold Member

I agree. The new track isn't great and I find it strange that they packed in an American track with the Porsche DLC. Something like the Oschersleben would have been far more fitting.

If they just kept their RUF cars there would be no issue here but removing content just to make DLC more desirable is a douche-bag move.

Forget EA and Porsche, I would rather have my yellow bird back.
To be fair, we don't know based on what Porsche-EA-exclusivity information Turn 10 signed the RUF deal back in the day. Maybe back then they thought the Porsche license would be a lot cheaper by now and the RUF license is up for renewal with RUF not as cheap as they used to be. This doesn't make Turn 10 look a super whole lot altruistic, but I can see that it might have been a tough decision on their end.

Something else:
I love(!) the new track, or at least what little I've played of it so far. It's long and has a nice complexity, cool elevation changes too. But most of all they made it look so green, blooming and open, it gives you this "out of time" vibe from forgotten old Grand Prix days. I wanna strap on my aviator open cockpit leather helmet and goggles for this track.

I thought the lack of RUF may have been licence issues of Porsche throwing their weight around, didn't cross my mind it would be a T10 decision, that'd be crappy.

I thought the lack of RUF may have been licence issues of Porsche throwing their weight around, didn't cross my mind it would be a T10 decision, that'd be crappy.

I really think it is a Porsche thing to be honest. They have a current gen CTR and CTR2 model + physics ready to go, why wouldn't they have included them when it's far less work than an entirely new DLC car?

Gek54

Yup, RUF is a partner to Porsche, not a competitor they would want to completely dick over. Its EA that sub-licenses Porsche to MS and why would EA all of a sudden care?

Turn10 needs to sell more Porsche DLC to cover the cost of their overpriced EA sub-lisencing and the best way to do that is to deprive us of RUF, who in my opinion make far more exciting cars.

RawNuts

We were just talking about that possibility during the ForzaGAF race; whatever it takes to get it, I hope it isn't too difficult, I really want that damn car!

Azzawon

We were just talking about that possibility during the ForzaGAF race; whatever it takes to get it, I hope it isn't too difficult, I really want that damn car!

Man, I need to join you guys once I'm done with my studies! But yeah, as long as it isn't as hard as the Vantage event was I'll be happy. That was insane.

Lima

Well you don't get it for finishing the Porsche career like someone suggested. I finished all races in the anthology and did all showcases and unlocked nothing.

Uhmm... I just got 300,000 Cr in each Forza Motorsport 6 and Forza Horizon 2 in the Win10 Forza Hub as a weekly reward... and 26,800,000 Cr in Forza Motorsport 5 *scratches head*

Man, I need to join you guys once I'm done with my studies! But yeah, as long as it isn't as hard as the Vantage event was I'll be happy. That was insane.

FYI, we were done in 35 minutes for the league race-- I know because I had to bail for company coming over. It is not a big time commitment if you just want to participate in a race or two.

Top Bottom