• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 6 |OT| Forza turns 10

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
How do you get the achievement for fully exploring the Porsche 919?

Go inside/outside and press all the little prompts that pop up to fully explore it. Basically, keep turning the car and each little button that pops up, press it. Go inside, do the same thing and it will pop.

zorbsie

I'm back in business, are there any more league races to come and when does a fresh one start? :)

We just finished a series. Next series will be R class touring cars that will start this weekend. Just putting a list together (Waiting for Shortt to get bored at work) so people know what cars they can pick from. Races are on Sunday now, not Saturday like when you first raced with us.

We just finished a series. Next series will be R class touring cars that will start this weekend. Just putting a list together (Waiting for Shortt to get bored at work) so people know what cars they can pick from. Races are on Sunday now, not Saturday like when you first raced with us.

Sorry man, I was out sick as shit yesterday. I will have the list up shortly!

Here is a list of the R Class cars available:
2006 Aston Martin #007 Aston Martin Racing DBR9
2014 Audi #45 Flying Lizard Motorsports R8 LMS Ultra
1989 Audi #4 Audi 90 quattro IMSA GTO
2014 Bentley #7 M-Sport Bentley Continental GT3
2014 BMW #55 BMW Team RLL Z4 GTE
2014 BMW #56 BMW Team RLL Z4 GTE
2009 BMW #92 Rahal Letterman Racing M3 GT2
1966 Chaparral #66 Chaparral Cars 2E
2014 Chevrolet #3 Corvette Racing Corvette C7.R
2014 Dodge #93 SRT Motorsports Viper GTS-R
2014 Ferrari #51 AF Corse 458 Italia GTE
2014 Ferrari #62 Risi Competizione 458 Italia GTLM
2011 Ferrari #62 Risi Competizione F458 Italia GTC
1976 Ferrari #1 Scuderia Ferrari 312 T2
1971 Ferrari #2 Ferrari Automobili 312 P
2014 Lamborghini #14 GMG Racing LP 570-4 Super Trofeo
2014 Lamborghini #18 DragonSpeed Gallardo LP 570-4 Super Trofeo
1980 Lancia #31 Lancia Corse Beta Montecarlo Turbo
1969 Lola #10 Simoniz Special T163
1976 Lotus #5 Team Lotus 77
1991 Mazda #62 Mazda Motorsport RX-7
2014 McLaren #60 Bhaitech 12C GT3
2014 McLaren #98 ART Grand Prix 12C GT3
2011 McLaren #59 McLaren GT 12C GT3
1976 McLaren #11 Team McLaren M23
1969 McLaren #4 McLaren Cars M8B
2014 Mercedes-Benz #84 HTP Motorsport SLS AMG GT3
2011 Mercedes-Benz #35 Black Falcon SLS AMG GT3
1990 Mercury #15 Whistler Radar Cougar XR-7
2015 Nissan #1 NISMO MOTUL AUTECH GT-R
1994 Nissan #75 Cunningham Racing 300ZX
1969 Nissan #21 Nissan Racing R382
2011 Porsche #45 Flying Lizard 911 GT3-RSR
1998 Porsche #26 Porsche AG 911 GT1-98
2013 SRT #91 SRT Motorsport GTS-R

I took out any car that wasn't an actual race car. The best option might be the Modern GT Racing Division.

zorbsie

week17_header6op7z.png

GT Racing series

With the 80s series over we move on to R class series races. Here are the standings going into our 5th series of league racing. The cars you will be picking from will be from the modern GT division. Shortt put a list of the cars you can choose from, Thanks for that Shortt!

Remember, the car you pick will be the car you are stuck with for the whole series. This applies to both races and time trials.

To help make a more informed decision, here are the tracks we'll be racing on this series:
Circuit de Spa Francorchamps - Full Circuit (Daytime for time trials, checking actual weather report to see if we'll be racing in the rain on Sunday)
Silverstone - Grand Prix Circuit (Daytime for time trials, checking actual weather report to see if we'll be racing in the rain on Sunday)
Prague - Full Circuit (Reverse)
Yas Marina Circuit - Full Circuit.

Standard info for new comers:
Race day schedule:
We will have a 4 lap practice race with collisions off. You will try to get your best time in this race. The real race will use best lap times in ascending order for grid placement. Collisions will be always on, make sure to turn off sim damage on your end.

As always the lobby will be up at 3:00pm Eastern Sunday. The race should take 15 - 20 minutes to finish. After the race feel free to stick around and do more races with the group.

Can't make it on Sunday? Join in the fun by doing this weeks time trial. Post your best time on this weeks track before the race on Sunday to be included. Points will be given on time trials as well as the actual race.

Sunday race will be Circuit de Spa Francorchamps
Don't forget that the car you use in time trial is the car you use on race day. Also the car you pick is the car you keep for the whole series.

Who can join?
Anyone on GAF is more than welcome to join. Just picked up FM6? leave me your GT and I'll send you an invite on race day. Simple as that.

Questions/Suggestions? I'm all ears.

Sorry for the super late post. Dat Division tho. Soooo Good.gif

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Circuit de Spa Francorchamps - Full Circuit (Daytime for time trials, checking actual weather report to see if we'll be racing in the race on Sunday)
Silverstone - Grand Prix Circuit (Daytime for time trials, checking actual weather report to see if we'll be racing in the race on Sunday)

Racing in the race?

RACECEPTION

terrible

Banned
I'm guessing the "dynamic optimization" setting allows for the game to lower settings on the fly to hit a target framerate?

They didn't cheap out on the options in there. That makes me somewhat hopeful that they'll include more controls options too, and maybe even full FFB settings when (if?) they add wheel support.

Devildoll

Did it occur to you that this is not possible given EA's eight-year exclusive rights to Porsche through 2016?

Did it ever occur to you that having RUFs or Singers in the game might not be the best way to show Porsche that Forza is serious about wanting them back for good?

If you're going to get angry, there's no sense directing it at MS, Forza, or Turn 10. If they could legally ship Porsches on disc, or include them with digital game bundles, they would.

You should be thankful they did whatever crap deal they had to in order to get Porsches into Horizon 2 and FM6. You see Porsches in any other game besides Need for Speed? Of course you don't.

we got internet in 2016, if Microsoft has the ability of licensing Porsche to any degree, they can give those cars to anyone, including Castaway.
on disc or not.

EA has everything to do with every forza owner not having Porsches
EA has nothing to do with select owners not getting Porsches. ( probably )

I mean... Microsoft could have done a deal with EA that said only buyers of the Porsche dlc gets Porches, and no one else is allowed to get a Porsche ever, but that seems far fetched.

week17_header6op7z.png

GT Racing series

With the 80s series over we move on to R class series races. Here are the standings going into our 5th series of league racing. The cars you will be picking from will be from the GT division, both vingate and modern. Shortt put a list of the cars you can choose from, Thanks for that Shortt!

1989 Audi #4 Audi 90 quattro IMSA GTO.....

Would you happen to know which one has the most horsepower?

This might make me a kill joy, and as much as I love the quirky cars, I feel this series might be better if it was just the Modern GT Cars. The ones from like 2000 and up are the only ones that really fit that.

zorbsie

This might make me a kill joy, and as much as I love the quirky cars, I feel this series might be better if it was just the Modern GT Cars. The ones from like 2000 and up are the only ones that really fit that.

Was chatting with P3tran about this as well. I wanted to get rid of the can am cars. I honestly didn't see them in there when I made the post and I thought it was a little to late to take them out. But it does seem like they are a little too good compared to the rest of the field. P3tran was saying that the Lola was a leaderboard car, with the top 250 drivers on Spa using it.

UPDATED LIST:

Is this cool with everyone? I'll update my announcement post so there is no confusion.

gragy10

2.21.446 for me in the time trial - looking fwd to Sunday!
(+1 for the killjoy 21st century GT's only btw, first list was kind of all over the place)

Navy Bean

2.21.446 for me in the time trial - looking fwd to Sunday!
(+1 for the killjoy 21st century GT's only btw, first list was kind of all over the place)

Just got the game last week. Tried the time trial for fun in the Dodge #93 SRT Viper. Best I could do was 2.22.523 but I love the track so I might re-tune and give it another shot.

Feel free to shoot me an invite on Sunday if you need another for the race. GT is dmh33. I should be on.

zorbsie

Just got the game last week. Tried the time trial for fun in the Dodge #93 SRT Viper. Best I could do was 2.22.523 but I love the track so I might re-tune and give it another shot.

Feel free to shoot me an invite on Sunday if you need another for the race. GT is dmh33. I should be on.

I think I already have you on my FR list. I'll send you an invite to the race on Sunday.

zorbsie

Came here to post about daylight savings. Santa beat me to it. I don't know how to do one of those fancy timer gifs that devildoll posts. I'll just say the race in an hour earlier than it was last week :)

I've been playing too much Division, haven't picked a car yet. Is that bad?

Devildoll

If you know the correct timezones and stuff, go here and get yourself a timer.
sometimes the hour generated is not what you assign it ( probably because of daylight savings or a bug )
2 am might generate 3am on the prior day, or something like that, in that case you just have to try all the hours until it gets right.

I've been playing too much Division, haven't picked a car yet. Is that bad?

yes, that's how you end up with a Renault who can't recover from a turn in time for the next turn and then does barrel rolls.

Is it just me or does it seem like a lot of these cars can't hit the top of R? Almost should have gone with the Career limit of 865 to give more options...

Is it too late to switch to that? I really want to use my Bentley. Lol

Devildoll

Is it just me or does it seem like a lot of these cars can't hit the top of R? Almost should have gone with the Career limit of 865 to give more options...

Is it too late to switch to that? I really want to use my Bentley. Lol

yeah most cars seem to top out at like 880.
with the forza 5 racing cars like the 2009 BMW #92 Rahal Letterman Racing M3 GT2 and a few others being able to max out at 900.

I'm going to try the Bentley myself though, it didn't seem too bad when i ran it a quickie earlier today. ( yeah it was definitely slower than the merc )
or maybe the Porsche, if no one else is going to use that.

running a 2:19.600 in the merc sls atm.

zorbsie

Sorry to hear that Crude. We'll see you next week.

Looks like it's clear skies at Spa today. We dodged a bullet. :)

Just waiting for my wife to get home and then I'll start up the lobby. Might be a bit late today. Or you might hear my 3 year old playing with lego behind me while I race. :)

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
2:22.270 or something at Spa, always a few turns that fuck me up costing me seconds.

l

Yup, I wanted to use one of the McLaren's but it caps out at 865 and could not find a tune that would push me past 2:26. Tried at least three or four different ones then just dropped it.

frontieruk

Good race, was really hard to get passed you then I was kicking myself for my cock up the last lap.

zorbsie

Brilliant race :)
Dunno how many times I thought I had Zorbs at Les Combes but just couldn't get the move to stick!

That was an incredible battle! I thought you had me near the end. I won't lie, I was sweating it. lol

Not sure I heard Navy Bean during the race, but glad you came out today.

We talked about this during the race, but want to say it hear for all that were around.
We are changing the rules for this series slightly. Same division (Modern GT), but the max PI is no longer 900. The new max will be 865. This way more cars in the division will be more competitive and since the career races are also 865, it's easy to find loads of tunes for the cars.

To be clear, you don't have to keep the car you used in today's race. The 865PI car you now choose will be the car you keep for the next 3 weeks.

I'll update the standings later tonight if I don't play The Division.
I'm totally playing The Division

UDPATE: Standings have been updated.

Navy Bean

Good race, was really hard to get passed you then I was kicking myself for my cock up the last lap.

Yeah, that was fun - thanks guys. Really good battle with Frontier for the last few laps, then he finally got me with a clean pass on the last lap (then he flubbed it right at the end).

Didn't talk much because I've only had the game a week and I still need to concentrate lol.

Holy shit, that is an utterly amazing pack and all, but you bums are slacking. I mean, come on, I shouldn't have to rely on an outsider to announce this stuff.

Hi, Mascot!

zorbsie

I was waiting for the car pack trailer to hit. They are slacking, making an outside have to type up a rundown of the cars.

Pumped for this pack. Nice way to end the car pass.

I have to say it again: props to Turn 10's car-curation team. Nobody does it better, but it certainly doesn't hurt to have Microsoft's deep pockets.

Seeing the Corvette DP alongside the Riley-Ford makes the IMSA fan in me so very happy. Get in an FLM09 along with the DeltaWing, and we'll essentially have the full grid.

NERD-GRIPE: The performance of many of the FM6's race cars relative to their real-world counterparts is enough to seriously question the extent to which game's performance-modelling is based in reality, and I can't help but chuckle at the SkyActiv Mazda's PI rating compared to the DPs. 30-odd points up on them when it actually ran closer to, (and sometimes slower than), the GTLM cars.

Holy shit at that Jag!

It's a goddamned monster, for sure. I'm glad they opted for the Daytona-winning livery, if only as a change of pace from the (rightfully) ubiquitous Silk Cut one.

Top Bottom