• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport = February 2005

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Hmm I wonder if Sony could have an online add-on disc available by next Feb?

WarPig

The game was never scheduled to come out this fall, I don't think. So far as I can recall, it was always announced for "Winter 2005," i.e. the first quarter of next year.

DFS.

jarrod

Banned
Well, I think Xbox should have a decent first half... though it could always do what N64 did, and dry up immediately in anticipation of the next console...

jarrod said:
Well, I think Xbox should have a decent first half... though it could always do what N64 did, and dry up immediately in anticipation of the next console...

I think it has a pretty bright future as a budget system. That is, if Microsoft is willing to sell them at $99, which is unclear at this point. However, once you get to that point, the bulk of sales are for the budget software as developers have traditionally moved on to newer pastures. However, by all accounts, we should still be seeing releases through 2007 at the earliest.

How the original Xbox ages will be one of the more interesting aspects of late 2005.

open_mouth_

insert_foot_
They've got plenty of quality titles lined up for 2005... Psychonauts, Forza, Unreal Championship, Conker, Kameo, Mech Assault 2, Jade Empire, Stranger, and a few japanese gems.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
WarPig said:
The game was never scheduled to come out this fall, I don't think. So far as I can recall, it was always announced for "Winter 2005," i.e. the first quarter of next year.

DFS.

Correct.

jarrod

Banned
sonycowboy said:
I think it has a pretty bright future as a budget system.
Actually, I doubt that's in the cards given the hardware losses (which are likely still going on). Xbox wasn't really designed for a long term lifecycle, it was really a short term repsonse actually... hence the turn around for Xenon. Microsoft seems pretty eager to jump start next generation and end this one... PS2 has a long life ahead of it as a bugdet machine and GC could potentially as well but Xbox seems doubful imo.

jarrod said:
Actually, I doubt that's in the cards given the hardware losses (which are likely still going on). Xbox wasn't really designed for a long term lifecycle, it was really a short term repsonse actually... hence the turn around for Xenon. Microsoft seems pretty eager to jump start next generation and end this one... PS2 has a long life ahead of it as a bugdet machine and GC could potentially as well but Xbox seems doubful imo.

THanks for reading my second sentence :D

Basically, I agree. But if I were a publisher, that means I'd be pulling support now. So for that reason, they might keep it going for awhile.

jarrod

Banned
sonycowboy said:
THanks for reading my second sentence :D
Oh sorry. I agree. :p

sonycowboy said:
Basically, I agree. But if I were a publisher, that means I'd be pulling support now. So for that reason, they might keep it going for awhile.
I think this is the main reason for the media blackout on Xenon. Last generation Dreamcast, PS2 & GameCube were all unveiled a year before release, with tech demos and system casings and whatnot, yet we're only a year away from Xenon and Microsoft isn't saying anything. :/

jedimike

jarrod said:
I think this is the main reason for the media blackout on Xenon. Last generation Dreamcast, PS2 & GameCube were all unveiled a year before release, with tech demos and system casings and whatnot, yet we're only a year away from Xenon and Microsoft isn't saying anything. :/

The reason for the blackout is because Xbox is on an upward swing right now. Previously, manufacturers could use new product news to put their names in the spotlight and get more consumer attention. The consoles were always near the end of their life. The added consumer attention probably sold a few more of the existing consoles (get them now while you can mentality), but more importantly, made consumers focus and anticipate the next product. MS doesn't want to kill the momentum.

I'm certain MS will let Xbox hit the $99 price point, but it will surely be a clear the house type of deal. Maybe they'll just manufacture a ridiculous amount of consoles in the following year and then go right into Xenon production.

They've got plenty of quality titles lined up for 2005... Psychonauts, Forza, Unreal Championship, Conker, Kameo, Mech Assault 2, Jade Empire, Stranger, and a few japanese gems.

MA2 is coming out this year. They also have Destroy All Humans, Area 51, SC3, and Republic Commando.

Kon Tiki

Banned
920720_20041012_screen001.jpg

920720_20041012_screen002.jpg

920720_20041012_screen003.jpg

Top Bottom