• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Freedom Wars |OT| Vita's imprisonment for million years

Illucio

Banned
Trophy list only has < 500k.

I'm more worried about gameplay difficulty than grinding length. I have a pretty high grind tolerance.

Eh. Depends, some missions throw a ton of Trash Mobs at you. Enemy AI's are too OP in this game, they all have perfect aim, damage to the maximum amount they have, and spawn frequently. Then depending on the mission, you have to fight these mobs AND the bosses that are already a pain to kill. And sometimes you might have to fight 2 or even 3 bosses at once WITH THE MOB.
That's were the difficulty spikes, focusing on 1 boss is too easy (they will probably be the ones you grind because their missions yield a fair amount of years off your sentence to begin with.)

If you can handle the grind, and the dreadful story that keeps you away from the great missions you should be fine. It's still a solid B ranked game.

sensui-tomo

How the hell is New York going up so fast? They went up like ten places today! I think they're about to hit a wall, though.

Then just do normal online? I'm confused.

Because me and my friend are playing on the same account? Unless i can play with my same account via Logged in via PSTV and PSV then that'd be dandy. My friend is using my psVita, i'm using the pstv, i bought it digitally, i assume there is no way to play together unless i'm playing solely by ad-hoc (unless he buys the game and makes his own account on my ps vita)

Because me and my friend are playing on the same account? Unless i can play with my same account via Logged in via PSTV and PSV then that'd be dandy. My friend is using my psVita, i'm using the pstv, i bought it digitally, i assume there is no way to play together unless i'm playing solely by ad-hoc (unless he buys the game and makes his own account on my ps vita)

Oh I see. Well at least the game is cheap, right? You'll have to buy two copies.

sensui-tomo

Oh I see. Well at least the game is cheap, right? You'll have to buy two copies.

seems that way, then again my friend is contemplating that since he really likes the game and he's on that verge of buying either a vita or vita tv (since all he plays is the mon hun genre type games plus some other few(nothing touch related)

baekshi

Banned
B1QQ_wMIgAAmNf9.jpg:large

Next target is London.

Rurunaki

One of the trophies is probably to get your sentence down to 0.

After a good 20 hours, I'm not even done with the main quest, and by my calculations (and information I learned from people who bought the Japanese version of the game) my sentence will be around 900,000 years after I finish the main quest. So a good 200-400 hours of grinding I would say.

I managed to play with a Hong Kong Panopticon bases player yesterday. He sent me his cred sheet and he had 0 sentence on it. I thought I must've been lagging, but I cycled through all my cred sheets and there was no error. I wonder how long our Southeast Asian counterparts had this game to be able to grind to 0 years.

baekshi

Banned
I managed to play with a Hong Kong Panopticon bases player yesterday. He sent me his cred sheet and he had 0 sentence on it. I thought I must've been lagging, but I cycled through all my cred sheets and there was no error. I wonder how long our Southeast Asian counterparts had this game to be able to grind to 0 years.

I am going to assume that we are connected to Chinese/ Korean servers so they can play with this new asian's english edition that his same timing ours.

though I am unaware what panopticons the Chinese/ Korean version have. maybe they had these all along.... >.>

wilflare

the game has been out in the R3 regions (Southeast Asia) for quite awhile now so I guess it's not that surprising that they are so far ahead

sakuori

Had to change my PSN ID in the Docs because my local game store only has the Asia version of the game.
Well, damn it.

Off to the game I go! o/

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
the game has been out in the R3 regions (Southeast Asia) for quite awhile now so I guess it's not that surprising that they are so far ahead

before the patches came out with the jp ver anyways there was a way to constantly use specific crafting steps to keep giving you decent items to sell to lower your sentence pretty easily, though you needed to have amassed a fair amount of items and civilians to make the whole process efficient. just that it was mind numbing.

Airan

You guys. Code 2's fetch quest wasn't even a fetch quest at all. It was like what, 2 items? Got me worked up over nothing :p

I've upgraded my arms factory to grade 3 and still retain the same shitty weapon list. I want to craft some Katanas damn it! Do I need to do something to expand it or does the list increase as I progress through the story?

Seil

You guys. Code 2's fetch quest wasn't even a fetch quest at all. It was like what, 2 items? Got me worked up over nothing :p

I've upgraded my arms factory to grade 3 and still retain the same shitty weapon list. I want to craft some Katanas damn it! Do I need to do something to expand it or does the list increase as I progress through the story?

The Aftershadow should be available by level 3 or 4 of the weapon factory. The variety of base items increases with factory level. Factory level also influences the rarities available as well as the max level you can upgrade weapons to.

Edit: Also the problem we all have with the CODE 2 stuff at the beginning is it royally screws up pacing by, rather than letting you actually play the game, sending you running back and forth through barren rooms and loading times repeatedly. Just when you think the game is actually starting and you can do missions, instead you get to run around pointlessly =p

ramyeon

Yeah you're right, it's not a fetch quest. It's more like "Sit through all this bland, boring dialogue and run back and forth between these same boring areas over and over again." Not to mention the horrible loading times between areas.

nampad

After you get fast travel, you will see, the game becomes 10x better paced. I too was getting annoyed, loading screen after loading screen, and no actual fighting at all.

I guessed that but so far this game is trying to do all game design sins I can imagine.
Just had a stealth section, oh my god. Clearly the best idea with the bad camera and annoying sprint controls of this game.

I hate that you can't customize the controls and add backtouch to the mix.

It feels like such a Japanese game. Unable to adapt to modern game design and using old ass methods instead while meanwhile copying everything else what is popular right now. Just look at that bear mascot and the same annoying loud sidekick you have in other games.

I guessed that but so far this game is trying to do all game design sins I can imagine.
Just had a stealth section, oh my god. Clearly the best idea with the bad camera and annoying sprint controls of this game.

I hate that you can't customize the controls and add backtouch to the mix.

It feels like such a Japanese game. Unable to adapt to modern game design and using old ass methods instead while meanwhile copying everything else what is popular right now. Just look at that bear mascot and the same annoying loud sidekick you have in other games.

I totally agree, the game isn't the next coming of Jesus, but damn if it isn't fun. The very last fight of CODE 2 was what made it all click for me, as well as many other Gaffers. That's when shit gets real, so to speak aha. Let me know when you get there, and post your thoughts then.

sakuori

Got myself near the CODE 2 Exam and I'm still getting used to using the right stick as my aim. I don't use it very often (even in Toukiden) that's why I didn't switch to gun before I had the rocket launcher.

But getting the game earlier than I planned was worth it. I was enjoying the hell outta' the game but I forgot to charge my Vita beforehand since I don't use it very often lately.

Also, glad to see a lot of people than I expected chose Manila as their 'Con.

Seil

So, I bought an entitlement that grants "Permission to view the CODE 1 sinner log." but I have no idea what the hell that is x.x

depward

Still unsure on which controls method I like. Hmm. Need to play moar.

Also last check - Anchorage #36 panopticon baby wooooo

khaaan

Sorry Toronto guys, I'm still on Code 2 and haven't been able to help our rank that much.

Speaking of Code 2, the pacing is so freaking slow in this part of the game. I'm also finding some of the story stuff a little frustrating. My biggest complaint is that after making you personalize this character there are conversations where it only gives you one conversation option or forces you down a single conversation path. While I've been playing all I can think of is "this is a dumb idea, lets just go kill things." but even the "I" am the one picking the options the character clearly has its own idiotic personality.

The other thing that bugged me was during the first stealth mission. Mild spoilers:

If I had to hack my acessory to prevent sentencing, why couldn't I run for an extended period!? My acessory wasn't there, and the guards couldn't see me so what gives??? I guess there is precedent since walking around in your cell when the game first starts gets sentenced but at least you could argue that the cells are under some form of surveilance or something.

Hoping I can finish up Code 2 tonight.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Has anybody found any especially good/useful AI party members yet? Like better than usual AI or something.

all of the ai have a general purpose. theres even actual personality types with what they do. butfor the most part their ibara type should be the best indicator on what you can expect from them.

some are situational though.

Redhood

Looks my internet is not good enough for this game. Been unable to join any of the rooms for vs. Only way I can play vs is If I am the host and have only one person in the room. The moment the 3rd person enters I am unable to connect to matches. :(

Really enjoying this game so far :) I hope more people give it a chance. Also, I'm secretly happy that they didn't bother dubbing it because the dub probably would've been awful. Heh.

Shiina

all of the ai have a general purpose. theres even actual personality types with what they do. butfor the most part their ibara type should be the best indicator on what you can expect from them.

some are situational though.

So there isn't much difference who you buy the gear entitlements for? That's too bad. Or maybe that's a good thing since I can just use who I like.

I hope I can dump Mattias soon

LX_Theo

Banned
So there isn't much difference who you buy the gear entitlements for? That's too bad. Or maybe that's a good thing since I can just use who I like.

I hope I can dump Mattias soon
At least where I am, most of the story related missions have one or two they require you to take along the first time.

The game gets a lot better after CODE 2. Also I love that the customisation options were terrible at the start of the game and later on they get really good. What I'm spending all my entitlement points on :p

I bought this on an impulse Tuesday and I'm certainly glad I did, the game has been a blast so far. I do keep running into connection issues online though, but I think it's because I keep playing with international players.

I'm only Code 3 so I don't have too many customization items unlocked, but here's my Sinner and Accessory:

2014-10-31-152346_zpsb2515271.jpg

pariah164

May be joining ya'll soon. My friend got an extra copy of this game and may send it to me if his brother doesn't want it. I'm hype. And hoping.

Top Bottom