• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Freedom Wars |OT| Vita's imprisonment for million years

Ephidel

Is it meant to be this hard to find Cold Resistant Plating? I'm sure it said it was in CG 4, but I can't even count how many times I've run through it now and found nothing (or well, found plenty of other stuff, just not that).

And an additional slightly stupider question: I know it's eventually possible to reduce your sentence to zero, and I know at that point the game acknowledges that you have done so. I was wondering about the reverse and I don't know if I'm crazy enough to try it myself just to check -- does the game acknowledge it in any way if you max out your sentence?

LX_Theo

Banned
And an additional slightly stupider question: I know it's eventually possible to reduce your sentence to zero, and I know at that point the game acknowledges that you have done so. I was wondering about the reverse and I don't know if I'm crazy enough to try it myself just to check -- does the game acknowledge it in any way if you max out your sentence?

Max out being what? You see NPCs around with 2million+ sentences. I'd guess whatever the highest number they could show in the visualization would probably be well beyond what they could imagine a sane person achieving in the system. Basically... I wouldn't know, but I see reason to doubt any reason to think there would be.

Xenoflare

What would you suggest they translate "kisama" to though? I think worm kind of fits the belittling nuance that "kisama" has. That's not a discrepancy.

It's not matching up to her diction, it makes Natalia sounds comically villainous while the game establishes her as a serious authrotive figure. Sure, worm *works* in a way, but it's definitely not something that's perfect.

There are better ways, since the game already took enough liberty to bend around the lines for the sub, I don't see how coming up with something better than "worm" is difficult. It doesn't even have to be a word, it could just be diction and tone in general.

Her spoken lines are clean, using *worm* everytime when "kisama" shows up is just lazy.

I realize that I'm blowing something small out of proportions, but for a Sony first party game this is not exactly a great representation, niche or not.

Soul Sacrifice changed almost everyone's names in the localization, using the Japanese voice pack just sounds wrong. Every Magusar is now Merlin. Fortunately, I enjoyed the dub for SS.

Of course, FW's translation is fine, not a strong one but also not as glorious as Sword art online. The Engrish alone made me decided to skip it.

Seil

It's not matching up to her diction, it makes Natalia sounds comically villainous while the game establishes her as a serious authrotive figure. Sure, worm *works* in a way, but it's definitely not something that's perfect.

There are better ways, since the game already took enough liberty to bend around the lines for the sub, I don't see how coming up with something better than "worm" is difficult. It doesn't even have to be a word, it could just be diction and tone in general.

Her spoken lines are clean, using *worm* everytime when "kisama" shows up is just lazy.

I realize that I'm blowing something small out of proportions, but for a Sony first party game this is not exactly a great representation, niche or not.

Soul Sacrifice changed almost everyone's names in the localization, using the Japanese voice pack just sounds wrong. Every Magusar is now Merlin. Fortunately, I enjoyed the dub for SS.

There's also the fact they took out the voice synth stuff for whatever lame reason while not bothering to remove references to the feature. Or that they left the screenshots in the tutorial stuff in Japanese. Also localizing Ibara as Thorn, but they couldn't be arsed to change the label on the energy gauge =p

I prefer subs to dubs generally, though, so I'm glad we kept the JP voices. However, the script could definitely be better.

(Also I really hated that they changed the names in Soul Sacrifice. Would've preferred to keep the Arthurian stuff in-tact.)

---

I definitely need to either focus on upgrading my weapons or start playing online because 8-1 with AI is just not possible for me at the moment. Not because of difficulty, per se, but because the AI is just dropping like flies and I can't dish out enough damage to make up for it lol. Took me like 20-25 minutes to down the first 3 Abductors, was expecting two to follow and figured I could do that, but nope, three with shields so ran out of time ultimately x.x

Seil

I need to learn the secret behind increasing power through modification x.x Having the same problem with this barbara as I did my damascus earlier. It's at 322 power, it's capable of hitting 323, but no matter how many times I modify it or whatever I modify it with, it just won't budge any more =/

Now it'll probably randomly happen like earlier lol...

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!

Of course, FW's translation is fine, not a strong one but also not as glorious as Sword art online. The Engrish alone made me decided to skip it.

Game was 30 bucks, cant really expect for much of a localization budget considering that.

nampad

So how many of those horrible stealth sections are in the game?
Coupled with the bad camera controls this has to be one of the worst things I have played in a while.

This game is blowing me away, so far GOTY for me, I love everything. My only complain is that I find a little annoying to run from place to place when I'm outside my cell. At least I can run more than 5 seconds now, lol

Mailbox

Near the end of code 4,
I finally found a melee weapon that was quick, had solid animation and transition speeds (ie: wasn't sluggish) and gave me lots of movement buffs. Also starting to get the hand of melee lock on (which is surprisingly good in this game).

Locking on, throne attacking, and sawing part off abductors reminds me a lot of Attack on Titan. Quite satisfying. Never going back to big weapons.

Zareka

How do you make your character do emotes?

Edit: at what point do I get a nice, constant stream of missions? I've been running around doing busywork for ages now and I don't want this in between every mission.

Shiina

Near the end of code 4,
I finally found a melee weapon that was quick, had solid animation and transition speeds (ie: wasn't sluggish) and gave me lots of movement buffs. Also starting to get the hand of melee lock on (which is surprisingly good in this game).

Locking on, throne attacking, and sawing part off abductors reminds me a lot of Attack on Titan. Quite satisfying. Never going back to big weapons.

Which one is that? I've only used the big gunblade so far and I recently switched to using two guns.

So how many of those horrible stealth sections are in the game?
Coupled with the bad camera controls this has to be one of the worst things I have played in a while.

They are pretty easy actually. Here a trick I discovered
If you stand in the area between two rooms (the door, basically), the stupid guards won't see you even if they look your way. So just run from door to door and don't let them bump into you.

khaaan

Where is this item Julien wants from the level 1 promenade? There's no marker or thing to harvest

I think it was at the very end of level 1, it'll be orange instead of blue. From what I remember it was on the floor as well rather than up on one of the levels.

Mailbox

Which one is that? I've only used the big gunblade so far and I recently switched to using two guns.

Happy chopper, lv.5, 448 damage, movement speed up (M), movement speed up (L), head-component damage up (M).

I don't have the right equipment to upgrade it to a happy chopper pro, smilemaker V, or a mr useful II.

I like this weapon :3

Didn't expect to have this until Monday. Let's go!

vx6l0Pj.jpg

khaaan

Wait, in online games only the hosts panopticon benefits? I just played a match and at the end a bunch of points were dumped into Santiago.

Has anyone come across this, I don't know if it is intentional or not. If you go talk to some unimportant NPCs the localization is very broken, like SAO HF Asian copy kind of broken. Is it meant to be like this, like the way that particular character speaks, or is it just a bad translation on side characters? One of them can be found at Zakka, but really there have been more occurrences of me seeing this in other locations with other non important NPCs.

Being fair, is already difficult to take Natalia as either "villainous" or even authoritative after
Rescuing Beatrice
as the bed punishment she could think was 200 years to Griffindor...

Shengar

Being fair, is already difficult to take Natalia as either "villainous" or even authoritative after
Rescuing Beatrice
as the bed punishment she could think was 200 years to Griffindor...

Well if she gives us 10000 years instead at that early part of the game, it wouldn't be fun to us right? Especially after those jogging and loading hell we've been through before :p

And it becomes even harder to take her as a bad person when she always gives new operation everytime she appears, granting us the reward we deserve

Gaz_RB

Well if she gives us 10000 years instead at that early part of the game, it wouldn't be fun to us right? Especially after those jogging and loading hell we've been through before :p

And it becomes even harder to take her as a bad person when she always gives new operation everytime she appears, granting us the reward we deserve

Yeah seriously. My brain now equates seeing her with impending fun.

LX_Theo

Banned

She does come off as a person who looks down upon you like a person would their resources. She also seems like she understands the value of her resources, which leads to some positive notes along the way.

(saying this from a perspective of someone currently in CODE 5)

Hikami

CODE 5 Spoilers
Man.. I was okay with the game's story so far but that is not how you handle a death. It makes it hard to care about her since the game hardly gave her any character development.

depward

Towards the end of the "slog" that is CODE 2 and I think you guys all made me think it was going to be worse than it is.

That being said REALLY enjoying the actual battle parts... Must get more entitlement points to unlock all color palettes!

Towards the end of the "slog" that is CODE 2 and I think you guys all made me think it was going to be worse than it is.

That being said REALLY enjoying the actual battle parts... Must get more entitlement points to unlock all color palettes!
If you had been playing CODE 2 during buses or free time at school or work or something I can imagine how it would've been really annoying.

Seil

Wow, you folks in New York really want it bad huh ^_^; You've already overtaken KL in a day.

Won't be too long til my Tokyo PT gets taken over at this rate =(

Hong Kong is far more ridiculous, though. I think they've earned 500-600m since western launch. They've earned enough points for a brand new PT to reach rank 4 in the past 3-4 days lol...

Edit: Hmm... New York has earned around 70m and Tokyo about 90m in that time. Maybe we can hold out, but not getting my hopes up, feels like nothing can stop their advance =p

Picked this up on Thursday, but just got around to playing it last night and a little bit this morning. Still super early (think I'm on the 4th mission), but I gotta say, I'm really digging it so far. I didn't even know about this game until this week, but I'm really hoping it'll maintain my interest. I never really got far in Monster Hunter 3 or Soul Sacrifice, but the faster action in this game gives me some hope. I like the whole prison sentence countdown system as well, and it's lead to some generally funny moments.

mstevens

The game throws a lot of information / controls at you at once, but I can tell I'm going to dig this once I get the hang of it.

Just beat the CODE 2 test. I'm really enjoying the game, but have a question; Is there any point keep resources or should I just donate them all? I can't work out if there is any crafting mechanics in the game or not.

LX_Theo

Banned
Just beat the CODE 2 test. I'm really enjoying the game, but have a question; Is there any point keep resources or should I just donate them all? I can't work out if there is any crafting mechanics in the game or not.

Yes, you use them to craft. The facilities management in the start menu (whenever that gets unlocked) is the equivalent. It sort of has an iPhone game vibe to it, but its decent enough.

Illucio

Banned

Keep all the resources you can, you will unlock the ability to make new weapons, upgrade them, and modify later on. (I believe at Code 3 or 4.)

Code 8, at end game. And man the missions have gotten tough... I'm going to spend a ton of time grinding, I need a ton of MK II stuff. So if anyone is around Code 3-4 and need a tour guide I'm more then willing to jump in.

Top Bottom