• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Freedom Wars |OT| Vita's imprisonment for million years

Seil

I guess negligible damage, with that boss prior to Code 3 I couldn't even tell if I was actually doing anything as the health bar didn't seem to drop any quicker if I was unloading ammo into it or not. I was using a slightly more powerful version of the starter gun that I had found.

Odd, EZ Katze is a decent weapon, too. Are we talking about the Ramosa/Tiger? If so, its outer wings are easily severed, inner wings are decent. Wings are also vulnerable to gunfire.

Also take note of the splashes when firing your gun. Headshots deal more damage and cause red splashes. Some other areas on abductors can have the red splashes, too.

Whatever the starter sword is. I also have a large sword but it's even slower and can't sever so I don't really use it.

You find it slow? I think the Murasame has the same attack pattern as my Damascus. The quick attack can stun a sinner lol, but low damage. Charge attack is decent. Heavy > Heavy should do a level 1 charge which is a spin. Works decently on downed abductors. Make sure it's upgraded to the appropriate level, though.

Edit: Don't get me wrong. Melee combat isn't great, but yeah x.x Also if it has the same attack pattern as my damascus, the sprint attack should be a dashing slash which works fairly well on sinners.

Yeah I have a sword that can sever (using sprinter controls so I have to switch to it to target body parts anyway), I just don't seem to get the sever prompt most of the time and need to keep on latching back on to the same part until it decides to pop up. Then when I can finally sever the gauge fills slower than the drag one and I get smacked off after 2 seconds.

If you're not getting the sever prompt on something that's sever-able, you're not positioned properly. I've found that to be pretty rare, though =/ Some things sever quickly, others take a bit. Hands on the artificial abductors sever very quickly, for example, while their shoulders do not.

Whether you get thrown off/damaged is dependent on what the abductor does. All you can do about that is learn to predict what it's doing. Gotta look for those tells, like if it's going to jump into the air etc.

If you outright destroy the abductor, will the civilian be freed? One of the missions I didn't get a civilian from an abductor and I thought it was because I might have destroyed it before breaking the pod.

Civilians are freed if the Abductor is killed, yes. You'll only ever see civilians in missions that involve rescuing them, though. Standard elimination missions won't have them.

I too am still waiting :p

Same, I'd really like that theme lol.

Zareka

Oops, I'm an idiot and just realised there's an online pass for this game. Problem is, I can't find it in the packaging anywhere. Where do I find the online pass code?

u_neek

I ordered a cheap Asian Vita TV last week and need something to play on it once it arrives. I am *this close* to buying a PAL copy of FW but just want to confirm that it will actually work - does any one know?

Aerocrane

Oops, I'm an idiot and just realised there's an online pass for this game. Problem is, I can't find it in the packaging anywhere. Where do I find the online pass code?

Have you downloaded the update? The online pass requirement is removed when it's installed. The online pass is free and can be downloaded from PSN if you really want it :p

Zareka

Have you downloaded the update? The online pass requirement is removed when it's installed. The online pass can be downloaded from PSN if you really want it :p

Oh, was it? My bad then, must just be my connection constantly booting me off PSN. I've definitely updated. Thanks!

I ordered a cheap Asian Vita TV last week and need something to play on it once it arrives. I am *this close* to buying a PAL copy of FW but just want to confirm that it will actually work - does any once know?

Yes it does, I have a JP Vita TV and UK retail copy of Freedom Wars.

The only problem to note is that you still cannot access the UK PSN store with a Vita TV, so if you happen to download the pre-order DLC for Freedom Wars on a regular Vita you won't be able to continue playing on the Vita TV as it'll say you are missing DLC required to load your save file. I found that out the hard way and can't play Freedom Wars on my Vita TV until Sony remove the store restriction.

u_neek

Yes it does, I have a JP Vita TV and UK retail copy of Freedom Wars.

The only problem to note is that you still cannot access the UK PSN store with a Vita TV, so if you happen to download the pre-order DLC for Freedom Wars on a regular Vita you won't be able to continue playing on the Vita TV as it'll say you are missing DLC required to load your save file. I found that out the hard way and can't play Freedom Wars on my Vita TV until Sony remove the store restriction.
Brilliant, thanks for the answer :)

Hopefully Sony will remove this restriction and let us use our Euro PSN accounts once the PS TV officially launches over here.

maouvin

Hopefully Sony will remove this restriction and let us use our Euro PSN accounts once the PS TV officially launches over here.

You can do it already. You just need an Asia or JP account to be able to update it to the latest firmware (which allows you to use an account from any region).
So: set it up with AS/JP acc, update, restore and sign up with your EU account (iirc Play-Asia even sent an e-mail teaching how to do it).
edit: see what Azure wrote below vv

And damn, didn't play anything else since I first booted this game. It's been long since I was addicted to a game like this.

You can do it already. You just need an Asia or JP account to be able to update it to the latest firmware (which allows you to use an account from any region).

So: set it up with AS/JP acc, update, restore and sign up with your EU account.

Actually you don't even need that, during setup just say that you have a PSN account but will link it later. Then grab the system update, restore the system and link your EU account. The only problem is still with the DLC, until the store is accessible I don't think I'll be able to activate the license to use it.

Yeah the more you play this game the better the mission variety. Things actually get difficult and it requires you to actually care about your weapon selection, thorn, accessory, partners, etc. The beginning made me think this game was going to be way too easy and repetitive. NOPE.

Shiina

Since I got my CODE 8 clearance yesterday I'm wondering what the best way to go about getting materials to craft weapons is. Buy them from the Fueling Station? If so, what's the best way to grind entitlement points?

L̶o̶o̶k̶s̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶I̶ ̶j̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶c̶r̶a̶f̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶a̶ ̶0̶.̶3̶2̶ ̶B̶a̶r̶b̶a̶r̶a̶'̶s̶,̶ ̶w̶h̶i̶c̶h̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶a̶p̶p̶a̶r̶e̶n̶t̶l̶y̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶e̶c̶o̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶i̶e̶r̶ ̶(̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶r̶a̶n̶d̶o̶m̶?̶?̶)̶.̶
D&#822;o&#822;e&#822;s&#822; &#822;a&#822;n&#822;y&#822;b&#822;o&#822;d&#822;y&#822; &#822;k&#822;n&#822;o&#822;w&#822; &#822;t&#822;h&#822;e&#822; &#822;d&#822;a&#822;m&#822;a&#822;g&#822;e&#822; &#822;d&#822;i&#822;f&#822;f&#822;e&#822;r&#822;e&#822;n&#822;c&#822;e&#822; &#822;b&#822;e&#822;t&#822;w&#822;e&#822;e&#822;n&#822; &#822;t&#822;h&#822;a&#822;t&#822; &#822;o&#822;n&#822;e&#822; &#822;a&#822;n&#822;d&#822; &#822;t&#822;h&#822;e&#822; &#822;<&#822;0&#822;.&#822;1&#822;5&#822;?&#822; &#822;G&#822;o&#822;o&#822;d&#822; &#822;e&#822;n&#822;o&#822;u&#822;g&#822;h&#822; &#822;i&#822;f&#822; &#822;I&#822; &#822;d&#822;o&#822;n&#822;'&#822;t&#822; &#822;w&#822;a&#822;n&#822;t&#822; &#822;t&#822;o&#822; &#822;g&#822;o&#822; &#822;f&#822;u&#822;l&#822;l&#822; &#822;a&#822;u&#822;t&#822;i&#822;s&#822;m&#822; &#822;o&#822;n&#822; &#822;t&#822;h&#822;i&#822;s&#822;?&#822;

Okay what the heck. Apparently my growth rate type changed when I tried to up my growth rate rank? Can somebody explain this? No modules should affect 'Power' in this case, right?

p2p.jpg

rs2.jpg

The cutoff for the second growth type should be 342 but I somehow upped my weapon to 352. I thought you couldn't change growth types, only growth ranks.

?_?

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Finally receive my FW.
Start with making character and accessories and tutorial.
So far so good. Will give more impression.

khaaan

Is there an easy way to force an abductor to capture your accessory for the trophy? It happened to me last night but I didn't realize I had to let the time run out so I saved the accessory.

Code 5, woo! Toronto also went up a few spots this weekend :D
Do all Japanese players get lumped into Tokyo? When they play the panopticons are prefectures, right?

cheesekao

Is there an easy way to force an abductor to capture your accessory for the trophy? It happened to me last night but I didn't realize I had to let the time run out so I saved the accessory.

Code 5, woo! Toronto also went up a few spots this weekend :D
Do all Japanese players get lumped into Tokyo? When they play the panopticons are prefectures, right?
Japanese players are not included as far as I know.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Bought two copies blindly just to have something to play with my little brother on the Vita.

Hope it's better than Soul Sacrifice!

Got to CODE 2 last night, any idea when the option to change my accessory opens up? I had picked the male accessory but I don't like the voice and want to switch to the female accessory option.

xxczx

Got to CODE 2 last night, any idea when the option to change my accessory opens up? I had picked the male accessory but I don't like the voice and want to switch to the female accessory option.
CODE 4 I think, maybe 3.
If that was the case, they would way on top.
I hope when all of us catch up, they release an update to include Japan. Don't know how that will work though, but hey, more players.

TheNewVegas

Neo Member

CODE 4 is when you can customize your accessory. I think CODE 3 lets you change it's name only. Someone correct me if I'm wrong!

Odd, EZ Katze is a decent weapon, too. Are we talking about the Ramosa/Tiger? If so, its outer wings are easily severed, inner wings are decent. Wings are also vulnerable to gunfire.

Also take note of the splashes when firing your gun. Headshots deal more damage and cause red splashes. Some other areas on abductors can have the red splashes, too.

You find it slow? I think the Murasame has the same attack pattern as my Damascus. The quick attack can stun a sinner lol, but low damage. Charge attack is decent. Heavy > Heavy should do a level 1 charge which is a spin. Works decently on downed abductors. Make sure it's upgraded to the appropriate level, though.

Edit: Don't get me wrong. Melee combat isn't great, but yeah x.x Also if it has the same attack pattern as my damascus, the sprint attack should be a dashing slash which works fairly well on sinners.

Did a bunch of messing around in a mission to try and get a hang of some stuff, you're definitely right about the spin attack being good on downed abductors. I was having quite a bit of success dragging them down and then using my heavy melee sword. Well, until I had to fight 2 abductors at once and just got totally nuked from orbit.

Still not happy with the damage output from my Katze though, it seems alright for taking off shoulder cannons, but general damage dealing or other breakables like arms and such? A whole clip barely tickles them. I found a Barbara's Easy Blaster in a mission but the damage value is only like 50% higher than the Katze but with a fraction of the clip size or total ammo count, is it really that much of an improvement?

Seil

Did a bunch of messing around in a mission to try and get a hang of some stuff, you're definitely right about the spin attack being good on downed abductors. I was having quite a bit of success dragging them down and then using my heavy melee sword. Well, until I had to fight 2 abductors at once and just got totally nuked from orbit.

Still not happy with the damage output from my Katze though, it seems alright for taking off shoulder cannons, but general damage dealing or other breakables like arms and such? A whole clip barely tickles them. I found a Barbara's Easy Blaster in a mission but the damage value is only like 50% higher than the Katze but with a fraction of the clip size or total ammo count, is it really that much of an improvement?

Personally, when using a Katze on Abductors I normally just use it to focus damage on things like the head or parts that are weak to gunfire such as a Ramosa's wings. I sever other things instead, though I may supplement the damage with Katze when it's not safe to go in. So basically, I use the Katze to deal damage, not so much to break parts.

Barbaras, however, deal a lot of damage on a point extremely quickly. The carried ammo is a downside, though, yes and I tend to run out at inopportune moments lol. Modules help, though. Unlike the Katze, I do use the Barbara to break parts on top of dealing direct damage haha. Latching on and unloading a barbara into things is often satisfying =p

It also comes down to playstyle and preference, though. Perhaps there's another gun you'd like more. Just gotta try 'em out and experiment.

Seil

Okay what the heck. Apparently my growth rate type changed when I tried to up my growth rate rank? Can somebody explain this? No modules should affect 'Power' in this case, right?

The cutoff for the second growth type should be 342 but I somehow upped my weapon to 352. I thought you couldn't change growth types, only growth ranks.

?_?

Is there no chance there was a power down before you modified?

Of course, there could be something we don't know much about in the random and normal growth types. Like there could actually be some overlap and it not be as clean cut as the other two. I'm 99% sure you can't change from a late bloomer to a random, though. If possible, it would've happened to me when I was throwing tons of weapons at my Damascus, Barbara and Ez Katze to get their power up before I understood growth rate =p

Edit: Dammit double post. I meant to cut that and edit it into the other but forgot lol.

depward

What are all of the activities that I can do to increase the GPP that I'm donating to my Pantopticon? From what I can tell: donating items / equips (duh) but what else goes into this number?

It also comes down to playstyle and preference, though. Perhaps there's another gun you'd like more. Just gotta try 'em out and experiment.
Yeah, hopefully so. I've been eyeing up the sniper rifle in my manufacture list but I don't have the materials for it. In games with similar gunplay I'm always partial to single shot, high damage rifles that can quickly break off parts but typically have low ammo.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Yeah, hopefully so. I've been eyeing up the sniper rifle in my manufacture list but I don't have the materials for it. In games with similar gunplay I'm always partial to single shot, high damage rifles that can quickly break off parts but typically have low ammo.

i wouldnt rely on the sniper rifle as an efficient way to go after parts. against humans sure asides from that does not really work all that great on abductors. unless you plan on playing with others. but as a solo weapon dont recommend it.

the rocket launcher works better for that when upgraded properly.

Soul Sacrifice Delta.

first time ive heard that, interesting if so since usually patches and content dont match up which is one large reason why it is usually not done asides from other technical issues.

Shiina

Is there no chance there was a power down before you modified?

Of course, there could be something we don't know much about in the random and normal growth types. Like there could actually be some overlap and it not be as clean cut as the other two. I'm 99% sure you can't change from a late bloomer to a random, though. If possible, it would've happened to me when I was throwing tons of weapons at my Damascus, Barbara and Ez Katze to get their power up before I understood growth rate =p

Edit: Dammit double post. I meant to cut that and edit it into the other but forgot lol.

No I'm pretty certain it had no power modifying modules before I modified it.

baekshi

Banned
first time ive heard that, interesting if so since usually patches and content dont match up which is one large reason why it is usually not done asides from other technical issues.

All the patches and content came same time with delta so everything matches up. This was one of the over 100 things they fixed.

Do weapons with high Impact do more damage to body parts?

I've been trying to break biped legs for the Synthetic Damper Mk3 drop and I had zero luck empting my entire MG-M7 ammo clip into a leg, but saw better results using a Dragonfang.

Also wow the droprate on Synthetic Damper sucks. 0/8 so far, what a drag... Keep getting the Ferrous Fibers or whatever they're called.

Do weapons with high Impact do more damage to body parts?

I've been trying to break biped legs for the Synthetic Damper Mk3 drop and I had zero luck empting my entire MG-M7 ammo clip into a leg, but saw better results using a Dragonfang.

Also wow the droprate on Synthetic Damper sucks. 0/8 so far, what a drag... Keep getting the Ferrous Fibers or whatever they're called.

Maybe you could modify it with a weapon that that has the Leg Component Damage up module on it.

Top Bottom