• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FRIDAY NIGHT [OT] - Official NeoGAF Weekend Kickoff

West Texas CEO

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief and Nosiest Dildo Archeologist
Spongebob Texas GIF

Just kiddin'! You gave us Mathew McConaughey.
200.gif

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Wedding is at a distillery and my wife knows the owner.

Been drinking gin all night. They need a bit more barrel time for the whiskey.

Live band playing the hits of the 70's, 80's and 90's.

Yes GIF

Could've sworn I quoted your post as well.

Anyways did you end up having a good time?

Peggies Peggies you ok? (#bennykill)

Maiden Voyage Maiden Voyage hows your boy doing? Any thoughts for a name yet?

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I was watching Sicario
I love that movie. I need to go back and rewatch of Villeneuve's movies. He's such a phenomenal director.

Maiden Voyage Maiden Voyage hows your boy doing? Any thoughts for a name yet?
That's on the Mrs. She's got a few she's deciding on.

He's a big ball of energy and love. Surprisingly well behaved so far.

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
I love that movie. I need to go back and rewatch of Villeneuve's movies. He's such a phenomenal director.

That's on the Mrs. She's got a few she's deciding on.

He's a big ball of energy and love. Surprisingly well behaved so far.

Ok I'm curious. ♡

I didn't know it was directed by Villeneuve but there were so many shots where i said wow this is really well done. And at the end I saw directed by and yeah. Made sense. Especially the helicopter scene of mexico and the thumping eerie score and the border car scenes and the sun down before entering the tunnels scene. Del Toro so good.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
A week ago I was sitting in my living room and I heard two insanely loud bangs on my front door like someone was trying to kick it in. I opened the door and nothing was left, and I saw two kids walking away so I just assumed it was kids trying to sell stuff door to door. Happens all the time around me. Figured it was just really loud knocks that sounded louder or more menacing than they were.

Then a few days ago I saw on the local news that a bunch of peoples homes around the country are getting their front doors kicked in or damaged because of some stupid TikTok challenge thing, and now I'm wondering if that's what happened to me a week ago.

Last edited:

Con_Z_ǝdʇ

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
A week ago I was sitting in my living room and I heard two insanely loud bangs on my front door like someone was trying to kick it in. I opened the door and nothing was left, and I saw two kids walking away so I just assumed it was kids trying to sell stuff door to door. Happens all the time around me. Figured it was just really loud knocks that sounded louder or more menacing than they were.

Then a few days ago I saw on the local news that a bunch of peoples homes around the country are getting their front doors kicked in or damaged because of some stupid TikTok challenge thing, and now I'm wondering if that's what happened to me a week ago.

A sturdy door you have and a fitting tagline.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I think I'm going to make some rustic shelving out of my torn out deck. The planks should make for a nice material and I've been wanting to do something with the bare wall behind the TV.

Only debate for me is how nuts I want to go with it. Do I just go with shelves or do I make a fake wall to better help hide cables and maybe even back light everything. Something like this:
iu

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
I think I'm going to make some rustic shelving out of my torn out deck. The planks should make for a nice material and I've been wanting to do something with the bare wall behind the TV.

Only debate for me is how nuts I want to go with it. Do I just go with shelves or do I make a fake wall to better help hide cables and maybe even back light everything. Something like this:
iu

Awesome idea.

And this is some synchronicity shit my little brother came over yesterday with an early bday persent; a custom made TV cabinet that hangs on the wall if that makes sense. He works at a custom furniture company.

I'll snap some foto's tomorrow (still needs some assembling) but it's akin to this:

N108gXW.jpg

It was a pretty good time. I had too much Gin and I'm hurting a bit today.

Good to hear. Yeah I had some Belgium beers next to my alchohol free ones (special occasion) and damn did I feel it today...

Thanks, I'm good! I told the little one that Benny Hill is on vacation and can only play the song after his return in August (which is when I go back to work lol).

That's smart AND funny af! Good job lol

Rewatched a Best of Worst (101) ep today, some ER invasion vids and some other stuff. Very lazy day.

This is going to be a cunt of a week! This has been the longest Monday ever. I can't believe it's still Monday. It feels like a Thursday to me.

I'm dreading tomorrow. All this week I'm doing extra hours at work. How can I make it go quicker?? I need Friday... I'll be happy just to get to Wednesday or Thursday.

John Marston

GAF's very own treasure goblin
This is going to be a cunt of a week! This has been the longest Monday ever. I can't believe it's still Monday. It feels like a Thursday to me.

I'm dreading tomorrow. All this week I'm doing extra hours at work. How can I make it go quicker?? I need Friday... I'll be happy just to get to Wednesday or Thursday.
Here's hoping a sprinkle of my Gafting wand somehow eases the pain ❤️

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
i get it. they are pissed as fuck after visiting the vet. you just need to give them some alone time to relax :)

Yes! That's exactly what I was doing. She just wanted to jump on the couch to sit next to me so I picked her up and could pet her. She's purring so that's good. Hope she'll eat soon. All in good time. The liquid painkillers tomorrow will be though I reckon. But it has to be done. I'm glad they didn't gave pills.

SRt5jLa.jpg

Last edited:
Yes! That's exactly what I was doing. She just wanted to jump on the couch to sit next to me so I picked her up and could pet her. She's purring so that's good. Hope she'll eat soon. All in good time. The liquid painkillers tomorrow will be though I reckon. But it has to be done. I'm glad they didn't gave pills.

SRt5jLa.jpg
so cute!! :D

You can.

But I don't know the full context of your situation so yeah. In any case, and please correct me if I'm wrong; there's a "good reason" why you drink. And if that reason isn't dealt with it's pretty fucking hard, and that's an understatement, to go dry.

Sorry. Just felt the need to respond.

Much love man...

Season 5 Hug GIF by The Office
i know i can but i feel like i can't :messenger_tears_of_joy: my drinking has got worse recently.... yey. seen myself drinking every single day in the week. since last tuesday the only day i didn't drink was this monday. have a beer right now and i know i'll probably be drinking right through to sunday. so that's almost 2 weeks... 12 days out of 14 i'm drunk. i know i need help but i don't want it right now. well i kinda do but not enough. i'm just wondering when the time will come where i will finally push myself to ask for help. it's a shit situation to be in and i know i can get myself out of it but i'm not ready yet ? :messenger_weary:

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
I'm too old to drink how I used to drink (but I still drink how I used to drink)

Plus they upped my meds for the back pain and one of the stipulations was 'do not drink' and thought yeah fuck off... but then I woke up on the floor first weekend of trying them with zero knowledge of how I got there don't even know if I blacked out so that was a wake up call (haha didn't even mean that joke blacked out / wake up call ho hum!!) I live on my own and if I'd smashed my head on the side of a cupboard or something similar I would probably not be writing this.

But the course runs out this Friday. And of course there is no improvement to the back pain (well, maybe it is a little duller than it used to be) but I don't think I'll be having another months worth.

Last edited:

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
i know i can but i feel like i can't :messenger_tears_of_joy: my drinking has got worse recently.... yey. seen myself drinking every single day in the week. since last tuesday the only day i didn't drink was this monday. have a beer right now and i know i'll probably be drinking right through to sunday. so that's almost 2 weeks... 12 days out of 14 i'm drunk. i know i need help but i don't want it right now. well i kinda do but not enough. i'm just wondering when the time will come where i will finally push myself to ask for help. it's a shit situation to be in and i know i can get myself out of it but i'm not ready yet ? :messenger_weary:

Preface: I'm guessing so no need to respond regarding my guess work seeing it's highly personal.

If the reason stems from psychological reasons like trauma or depression etc etc and if you know which it is you can seek help.

Stressful lifestyle; work/personal relations etc etc is more difficult perhaps but maybe you have to much on your plate in those regards.

I think it comes down to the initial core issue(s) at play which drive you to numb (???) yourself?

In any case you're self medicating I guess. Problem is that alcohol as your choice of coping works momentarily. The negatives outweigh the positives greatly and facilitates your inability/hesitation to seek help seeing that it fucks you up mentally and emotionally. Especially since your brain is probably operating from those side effects that are now normalized.

Again sorry if this comes across in whichever way.

I mean well.

Last edited:
Top Bottom