• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FRINGE Season 3 |OT| Inexplicably renewed for a 4th season!

PhoncipleBone said:
From ew.com

VERY good news.

8VVET.gif

He looks gorgeous too

big ander

Keyser Soze said:
8VVET.gif

He looks gorgeous too
He does. :3

Apparently there was a TON more awesome news today.
So this week is 3x11, Reciprocity. Looks good.
Next week is Concentrate and Ask Again, and promo photos just came out for it. Normally not a huge deal, but for this episode:
312_askagain_007.jpg

*swoon*

And then it gets even more exciting with 3x13's press release and promo photos.
RETURN TO LIFE “OVER THERE” ON AN ALL-NEW “FRINGE” FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 11, ON FOX

As the story shifts back to life “over there,” the absence of Colonel Broyles shifts the dynamic of the Fringe Team as they investigate a bioterrorist armed with an insect that has a taste for human flesh. Meanwhile, alternate Olivia is reunited with her beau, and Walternate remains determined to save his world but discovers there are certain lines he will not cross in the all-new “Immortality” episode of FRINGE airing Friday, Feb. 11 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (FR-313) (TV-14 L, S, V)
Return to red universe!!!!!

But wait there's more: spoilers
Andre Royo returning in the near future :D

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
wow at that increase. I wonder if it will hold steady next week, Let's fucking hope so.

Fringe has been perfect this season and it deserves some good ratings.

TripOpt55

That pic of Anna is great. So why do you guys look at spoilers? Seems like it might take some of the fun away. Or does it just get you more excited for the show or something?

big ander

TripOpt55 said:
That pic of Anna is great. So why do you guys look at spoilers? Seems like it might take some of the fun away. Or does it just get you more excited for the show or something?
I don't for most shows, but for Fringe it just gets me more excited. I dunno.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
TripOpt55 said:

It always excites me for some reason and that's with every show. I think i'm more interested in viewing how it plays out instead of the result, if that makes any sense. I'm pretty sure it doesn't :lol

Although fringe is one of the only shows i sometimes won't read spoilers for.

TripOpt55 said:

Everyone that reads spoilers just bewilders me. Hell, I change the channel once the PREVIEW for the next episode comes up.

Also *yay* @ the big jump from DVR viewers. It might be the same thing from here on out though since Supernatural's coming back Friday. Which one to watch, and which one to DVR...

Net_Wrecker said:
Everyone that reads spoilers just bewilders me. Hell, I change the channel once the PREVIEW for the next episode comes up.

Also *yay* @ the big jump from DVR viewers. It might be the same thing from here on out though since Supernatural's coming back Friday. Which one to watch, and which one to DVR...
The wife and I watch Supernatural live and Fringe on Hulu since it is harder to legally find Supernatural online in good quality.

big ander

Net_Wrecker said:

Skipping previews is craaaaazy. I can't even comprehend people who do it. Do you also put in earplugs and wear blindfolds during trailers before movies? :p

Anyway, the only spoilers I read for Fringe are casting and official press releases. There were people when other shows were on (like Lost) who read entire full synopses before air.

big ander said:
Skipping previews is craaaaazy. I can't even comprehend people who do it. Do you also put in earplugs and wear blindfolds during trailers before movies? :p

Anyway, the only spoilers I read for Fringe are casting and official press releases. There were people when other shows were on (like Lost) who read entire full synopses before air.
And the "spoiler" above is just a press release. :) So it is safe for many.

big ander said:

Movies are different in that if I see a trailer, alright whatever, it was 2 minutes out of a possible 2+ hours for a movie I won't see for 4+ months. On top of that, I'll avoid watching any more trailers after the initial one. But previews for TV shows give too much away. The whole time I'll be watching the episode waiting for THAT MOMENT, or THAT SCENE that the preview hyped up, and I just hate it.

Going into something "blind" and being shocked/surprised is one of the best feelings ever.

On a similar note, I also hate the:

"Here's the outcome of something that happened."

Oh my god why is characters X in situation Y

"24 HOURS EARLIER..."

:/

As much as I love SouthLAnd, they do this crap every episode, and the scene they show always lingers in the back of my brain.

big ander

Net_Wrecker said:
Movies are different in that if I see a trailer, alright whatever, it was 2 minutes out of a possible 2+ hours for a movie I won't see for 4+ months. On top of that, I'll avoid watching any more trailers after the initial one. But previews for TV shows give too much away. The whole time I'll be watching the episode waiting for THAT MOMENT, or THAT SCENE that the preview hyped up, and I just hate it.

Going into something "blind" and being shocked/surprised is one of the best feelings ever.

On a similar note, I also hate the:

"Here's the outcome of something that happened."

Oh my god why is characters X in situation Y

"24 HOURS EARLIER..."

:/

As much as I love SouthLAnd, they do this crap every episode, and the scene they show always lingers in the back of my brain.
I mean surprise can be great, but sometimes a show is less about shock factor and more about emotional impact. And knowing a bit of what's going to happen ahead of time can heighten that in a lot of cases.
And you reminded me again, I need to pick SouthLAnd back up. In fact, I think I'm going to start it again tonight. Stupid NBC giving up on it.

big ander said:
I mean surprise can be great, but sometimes a show is less about shock factor and more about emotional impact. And knowing a bit of what's going to happen ahead of time can heighten that in a lot of cases.
And you reminded me again, I need to pick SouthLAnd back up. In fact, I think I'm going to start it again tonight. Stupid NBC giving up on it.

It's not even about the shock factor, it's just about being along for the ride. I enjoy a story more when I have no idea about where it's going next.

Here's how anal I am about spoilers: I don't even like to know that something big is going to happen. Knowing SOMETHING is going to happen is a half a notch under actually being spoiled to me because I can't stop my mind from anticipating all these different scenarios. Maybe I'm crazy, but w/e.

About Southland: Great show. They haven't missed a step from when NBC gave up on them, and moving to TNT to be on cable has freed them up a bit. Very intense stuff.

TripOpt55

Okay thanks for those who answered. I was just kind of wondering. That's cool if you like to know some stuff going in. I am like Net_Wrecker one of those people that doesn't watch the previews. I even change the channel if an ad comes on when I'm watching football. I used to watch the previews, but this one preview for Heroes ruined this big moment from the next episode. I mean the show was past it's prime and it didn't bother me that much, but I figured if it happened for something like Fringe or LOST, I'd lose my mind so I just stopped watching previews. If I catch something I deal with it. I saw a bit of the ad during the break which I believe had The Observer shooting Peter like happened towards the end of the last episode. Even that probably would have been better not to know going in I feel, but you know it's a preference thing I guess.

Also, Southland is fantastic big ander. You should watch it.

Spoilers I sometimes read, I sometimes don't. With Fringe I read some spoilers but not many. At least the ones labeled MAJOR I kind of avoid, but sometimes read. Previews dont bother me. They do their job of hyping me for the show. Press releases and cast announcements dont bother me though. I was very anti spoiler on BSG though. I think it also depends on how far out the episode containing the spoiler in question is.

big ander

Eh, we all have different spoiler tolerance. It's like we all have a different strawberry milkshake recipe, but they're still DELICIOUS.

I've seen Southland season 1 maybe 3 times already, but I'm watching it again right now and then I'll move to 2 and 3. :)

Solo

Net_Wrecker said:
Movies are different in that if I see a trailer, alright whatever, it was 2 minutes out of a possible 2+ hours for a movie

How is that any different than 30 seconds of a 42 minute episode?

Solo said:
How is that any different than 30 seconds of a 42 minute episode?

The fact that TV previews usually do a terrible job of not giving you a huge idea of what's going to happen. Movie trailers are not that much better, but at least I'd usually forget most of a trailer I saw 4+ months before hand.

big ander

PhoncipleBone said:
It left Fridays to prosper didn't it?
I thought the whole thing with it was that it was one of the very few Friday shows that got kids to watch it before they went out for the night.
I wouldn't know for sure though, I was very young around then.

gdt

GODDAMIT. Got called in to work for 3 hours. FUCK.

I fucking hate the people I work with. No one fucking shows up.

I realized I have not seen a plot synopsis or a trailer for tonight's episode, so I am going in totally cold. Quite funny considering the spoiler/preview discussion earlier on this page.

Anyways, time for some delicious strawberry flavored death tonight!
tumblr_ldhv6lXg4S1qd0q92o1_500.gif

Top Bottom