• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FRINGE Season 3 |OT| Inexplicably renewed for a 4th season!

big ander

Just finished. Another great episode. It's even more suspenseful now because knowing how fast the show might have to move, I am completely expecting Peter to die any second. Every instance of danger he's in feels exponentially more intense.

Roscoe actually wasn't in the episode as much as I had hoped, but seeing him affect Walter the way he did was tear-jerking.

MoxManiac said:
Was that Christopher Lloyd??
Yeah, his guest star appearance has been hyped for months!

Meier

I'm surprised that the
death machine
is making it's appearance this soon.

Great episode tonight. Love The Observer.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Outstanding.

Although i'm a little disappointed that it seems like
Peter needs to die to correct the balance

I hope there's another way.

big ander

Been talking and thinking about upcoming events in this show or things that will probably happen...and there are a lot of ways to go wrong. But I'm keeping optimistic because there were a lot of ways to go wrong with The Pattern and with the altverse and with everything else and the show has been wonderful thus far.

I guess I am the only one who thought Altivia was pregnant when The Observer said "It must be hard being a Father" to Peter.

Thinking about it more, it is more obvious he was talking about Walter, but The Observer knowing about a future when Altivia and Peter had a baby was the first thing I though about.

Crazy show is making me crazy!

big ander

Keyser Soze said:
I guess I am the only one who thought Altivia was pregnant when The Observer said "It must be hard being a Father" to Peter.

Thinking about it more, it is more obvious he was talking about Walter, but The Observer knowing about a future when Altivia and Peter had a baby was the first thing I though about.

I thought it could be foreshadowing to something too.

nataku

Keyser Soze said:

That's the first thing I thought of too, especially with that rumor a page or two ago.

I have not read any spoilered text, and skiped most posts with any articles about the show.... so I was just guessing.

Interesting if they are going some way like that though.

squicken

I really enjoyed that. If they are going to go out, they should go out doing it their way. Go deep into the mythology and sci-fi stuff. Guess we'll see if the audience followed it? When do Friday's ratings appear with DVRs accounted for? Monday?

squicken said:
I really enjoyed that. If they are going to go out, they should go out doing it their way. Go deep into the mythology and sci-fi stuff. Guess we'll see if the audience followed it? When do Friday's ratings appear with DVRs accounted for? Monday?
Tomorrow maybe. I check out this site for the ratings: http://www.zap2it.com/tv/ratings/. It looks like last Friday's ratings went up at Noon on Saturday.

ElRenoRaven

God I really hope the audience followed. I don't want to see this kick ass show just killed by Fox like so many other shows moved to Fridays. I really really don't.

TripOpt55

Great episode. All the stuff with the Observer was really cool. I wasn't sure what they were up to exactly until the very end. Stuff with Lloyd and Walter was pretty cool too. Hope the ratings were good.

CrankyJay

Banned
big ander said:
Okay.
rumored storyline that could be considered highly spoiler-y
Altlivia will return in season 3, and Altlivia may be pregnant with Peters child.

New press release:

Now, I'm going to post part of the press release here because it's hilariously vague and applies to about 90% of Fringe: "the discovery of a dead body triggers an intense investigation" :lol
EDIT: whoops, copied this over from another forum that doesn't have discussions as refined and meaningful as the ones here. Ignore the :lol

Oh God, this may actually make since because
the Observer said to Peter "It must be hard being a father."
FUCK!

CrankyJay said:
Oh God, this may actually make since because
the Observer said to Peter "It must be hard being a father."
FUCK!

Do you think the child could operate the machine since he shares half of his chromosomes with Peter?

Kuran

Banned
The linguistics in this show somehow bother me, the intimate conversations are mostly awkward and stifled. Why do they have to say 'thank you', instead of 'thanks'?

It's mostly the Olivia romance angle that makes me Cringe.

Walther looked good in that v-neck near the end!

Kuran said:
The linguistics in this show somehow bother me, the intimate conversations are mostly awkward and stifled. Why do they have to say 'thank you', instead of 'thanks'?

It's mostly the Olivia romance angle that makes me Cringe.

Since when aren't real intimate conversations awkward? Being intimate is not easy especially when these people have dealt with so many uncomfortable situations.

I think they've dealt with real relationships better than just about any genre show, and most dramas too. Which is not something I expected with how season 1 worked.

Solo

Goddamn Atlantic Canada snowstorm dropped 25 centimetres of snow on us and left me stranded at a friend's house for the night, so I didn't get to watch Fringe :(

Will be watching this afternoon, however ;)

ivysaur12

Banned
PhoncipleBone said:
Once. It was up once. It has to stay up to make me less worried. It is good news either way, but let's not start sucking each other's dicks quite yet.

Right, I was being extremely excited. Still amazing news.

ivysaur12 said:
Right, I was being extremely excited. Still amazing news.
Didn't mean to be the buzzkill. The news makes me very happy, but we need to see how it performs there for a bit. And Supernatural is back next week, which was its old timeslot competition last season.

ivysaur12

Banned
PhoncipleBone said:
Didn't mean to be the buzzkill. The news makes me very happy, but we need to see how it performs there for a bit. And Supernatural is back next week, which was its old timeslot competition last season.

I don't think that Supernatural is a big competition, to be honest. They both are genre shows and they have some crossover, but they're still different types of audiences. And it's Fox vs. the CW.

ivysaur12 said:
I don't think that Supernatural is a big competition, to be honest. They both are genre shows and they have some crossover, but they're still different types of audiences. And it's Fox vs. the CW.
Fringe will still pull in higher numbers than Supernatural every time. I just wonder if the move to Friday coupled with going back up against Supernatural will erode some of Fringe's or Supernatural's ratings. Last year they were both on Thursday night, but the move to Friday could be quite harsh.

After two more episodes of Fringe on friday, if the ratings stay consistent, I will not be worried anymore.

ivysaur12

Banned
PhoncipleBone said:
Fringe will still pull in higher numbers than Supernatural every time. I just wonder if the move to Friday coupled with going back up against Supernatural will erode some of Fringe's or Supernatural's ratings. Last year they were both on Thursday night, but the move to Friday could be quite harsh.

After two more episodes of Fringe on friday, if the ratings stay consistent, I will not be worried anymore.

We'll see. Anything that stabilizes around a 1.7 will almost guarantee renewal.

Just watched last night's episode now. It was amazing. Someone get it a best drama Emmy nomination, please.

This will probably never get a best drama Emmy nomination, sadly. It is in BSG and The Wire territory. It will get strong critical praise for years, have a very strong and loyal following, then ultimately end without many awards to its credit.

ivysaur12

Banned
PhoncipleBone said:
This will probably never get a best drama Emmy nomination, sadly. It is in BSG and The Wire territory. It will get strong critical praise for years, have a very strong and loyal following, then ultimately end without many awards to its credit.

Right, yeah. That's most likely the case.

Just to remind people, Fox hasn't had a scripted show on Friday do as well as "The Firefly" since "Ghost" from Dollhouse premiered with a 2.0. The numbers then tumbled the following week to a 1.7 for "The Target," something I don't see happening for Fringe.

Excellent new episode. Didn't expect it to be such a big episode in terms of story development but I guess they're moving pretty quickly at the moment. Don't mind that at all.

Top Bottom