• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FRINGE Season 3 |OT| Inexplicably renewed for a 4th season!

ElRenoRaven

big ander said:
This is what I'm wondering. If he ends up going back to the Alt side I'll be heartbroken :(

I don't think so. Ironically I do see an M Night coming again. There has to be a good reason or it isn't really peter but only appears to be Peter.

d58e7

This episode isn't making any sense, what are the chances this is Walter's memory serum causing it?

Edit: Guess not

ElRenoRaven

Oh. That twist makes sense. I was totally off base but damn that's a good show when it keeps me guessing. Interesting.

And shit. An hour already. Damn it!!

big ander

Another excellent episode.
The machine affecting him...not sure how I feel about that. But it makes enough sense because Peter's actions were already possible. Even cracking the code, the Fringe division would have peacefully tried to interrogate the shapeshifters and would have gotten nothing. And Peter definitely had some anger issues he needed to work out.

ElRenoRaven

big ander said:
Another excellent episode.
The machine affecting him...not sure how I feel about that. But it makes enough sense because Peter's actions were already possible. Even cracking the code, the Fringe division would have peacefully tried to interrogate the shapeshifters and would have gotten nothing. And Peter definitely had some anger issues he needed to work out.

I actually like it compared to what they could have done. They could have went he was already dead and it was one of the duplicates or that he had been cloned and replaced or brainwashed while on the other side. So I do actually like this better then the other possibilities

big ander

PsychoRaven said:
I actually like it compared to what they could have done. They could have went he was already dead and it was one of the duplicates or that he had been cloned and replaced or brainwashed while on the other side. So I do actually like this better then the other possibilities
Right, this was an awful possibility. would have been really bad for Peter's character.

Now Walter needs to sniff the right serum. I need to see Walter-Chimp transform into Ultimate Walter.

ThLunarian said:
We never actually found out if the final shapeshifter had anything worthwhile on his data disk. Wonder if that will come up later?
I hope so. Maybe beginning of next episode.

I would rather see Walter best Walternate without a serum.

Good episode but not awesome. It just felt so fast. But I love them dragging Bell back into the mystery again.

ElRenoRaven

PhoncipleBone said:
I would rather see Walter best Walternate without a serum.

Good episode but not awesome. It just felt so fast. But I love them dragging Bell back into the mystery again.

I'm with you there. I think Walter would lose some of his charm if he was 100 percent again.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
More First People stuff, hints to more William Bell being on the way, evil Peter, the meat cleaver shot, I'd say it was a pretty good episode.

So far it feels like the season is building to something very bad happening in the season finale.

ElRenoRaven

PhoncipleBone said:
I also laughed at Walter's line: "Fauxlivia has ruined U2 for all of us."

Yea. That was just hilarious. I think that's why I like Walter so much. He brings some nice chuckles to break up all the seriousness and it's not overdone or done too much like some shows do.

ivysaur12

Banned
Watching the episode now. Impressions in a bit.

BUT:

maskedscheduler masked scheduler
#FRINGE holds last weeks rating. FOX wins Friday again!!!!!!!

!!!!

ivysaur12

Banned
The episode moved uncomfortably slow in the middle without any real plot progression. Not to mention that "Peter killing the Shape Shifters" doesn't really reveal anything besides Peter being "mechanized," especially after we all assumed he was working for Walternate. That would have been a much better pay-off.

Of course, the show is at its very core a cop procedural, so this structure is a given for episodes. It just doesn't work well in this instance because the pay-off isn't that great and because Fringe works much better when it doesn't adhere to the procedural mold so much like in White Tulip or Marionette. I wouldn't go as far to say that this episode seemed "filler," but it could have been drastically cut and supplemented with a more dynamic A-story.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/01/29/fringe-week-2/

Fringe showed last Friday’s rating was no fluke, my friends.

The Fox drama delivered 4.6 million viewers and another 1.9 preliminary adults 18-49 rating last night.

Fringe held up despite its lead in, Kitchen Nightmares (4 million, 1.7), dropping this week.

The show that could, indeed. Total viewers are down though, but it didn't really matter.

Didn't like this episode as much as the other ones of this season.

I just don't understand why Peter would hunt down the shape shifters by himself.

HeySeuss

Show is so good. It took me a minute to realize Peter had gone rogue. I thought he was killing the first shapeshifter before the real mole could or because that chick was the mole and he just figured it out. Then it took a dark twist.

I never thought of Peter as the mole, only that he was doing what the FBI wouldn't be willing to do anyway. At least not right away. It's going to be interesting to see the relationship between Walter and Peter now that Walter knows what he's capable of.

Also, I'm ready for another over there episode. If we've built the machine, then it stands to reason they have as well. Plus they have all the pieces to make it work properly. They have to be getting close to executing a kidnapping plot to get Peter back.

threenote said:

tumblr_laen47rPE21qbz2rpo1_500.png

big ander

Ashhong said:
:lol come on guys, talk about overboard haha
Just remember I called it when it happens
zmCYJ.gif

ivysaur12 said:
The episode moved uncomfortably slow in the middle without any real plot progression. Not to mention that "Peter killing the Shape Shifters" doesn't really reveal anything besides Peter being "mechanized," especially after we all assumed he was working for Walternate. That would have been a much better pay-off.

Of course, the show is at its very core a cop procedural, so this structure is a given for episodes. It just doesn't work well in this instance because the pay-off isn't that great and because Fringe works much better when it doesn't adhere to the procedural mold so much like in White Tulip or Marionette. I wouldn't go as far to say that this episode seemed "filler," but it could have been drastically cut and supplemented with a more dynamic A-story.
I sort of agree with you. This episode was probably the least great of the season so far. But I thought Peter being the killer was cool. It speaks to how much he really is hurt by Fauxlivia's betrayal. He keeps hiding it in front of everyone, and then brutally murders five shapeshifters (who may not be human, but who we have seen have feelings) to try and get his pain to subside.
Keyser Soze said:
It's every single time Olivia has smiled in the show! :p

Fuck yeah at the ratings. Season 4 here we come.

Top Bottom