• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FRINGE Season 3 |OT| Inexplicably renewed for a 4th season!

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Damn, i missed the preview of next episode! I shouldn't have turned off the TV right after it was finished. :(

I guess the previews usually get on Youtube?

Solo

Its crazy that the second half of S2, when it aired, seemed like the pinnacle of the show. Then S3 airs, and THE WHOLE DAMN SEASON has been some next level shit.

Bisnic said:
Damn, i missed the preview of next episode! I shouldn't have turned off the TV right after it was finished. :(

I guess the previews usually get on Youtube?
Yes. Short version of the trailer:
Walter suggests using LSD to let Peter and he go into Olivia's mind, Inception style.

It was the episode that was referenced in the spoiler I posted earlier today.

ElRenoRaven

Solo said:
Its crazy that the second half of S2, when it aired, seemed like the pinnacle of the show. Then S3 airs, and THE WHOLE DAMN SEASON has been some next level shit.

It really is nuts. The show just gets better and better every damn episode.

KingK

Here is the song that I was almost expecting to play at that birth scene when I thought Olivia was gonna die.

Also, slightly off-topic, but goddamn, listing to the Lost soundtrack again is making me really want to re-watch that series.

Solo said:
The last half of season 2 gave them balls of steel. Now they are going to show us how they use them. I fully expect the finale to this season to blow our fucking minds.
1238157980_scanners_-_head_explosion.gif

Solo

So I went to Wikipedia in hopes of learning if the S3 finale will be a two parter, and, holy fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu at the titles for 3.21 and 3.22 :eek:

WillyFive

KingK said:
Here is the song that I was almost expecting to play at that birth scene when I thought Olivia was gonna die.

Also, slightly off-topic, but goddamn, listing to the Lost soundtrack again is making me really want to re-watch that series.

It's a total shame Lost had to end. But at least it never had trouble with almost getting cancelled.

Hurray for more Fringe!

KingK

Willy105 said:
It's a total shame Lost had to end. But at least it never had trouble with almost getting cancelled.

Hurray for more Fringe!

Yeah, but better it end on a (debatable) high note than drag on forever and end up shitty.

Also, I'm so glad for more Fringe. It's the only show I watch regularly these days (other than Colbert/Daily Show) and they've been having one of the best runs of continually great episodes ever.

Solo

PhoncipleBone said:
WHOA! Fuck me, those titles.

Let the speculation begin.

3.21 has to be referencing
the motherfucking FIRST PEOPLE
!
3.22 I'm guessing involves
the two universes merging somehow, resulting in every person on earth who exists in both universes dying a death, because there can't be two of everything if there is only one world

Just my guesses, which Ill be sure to look back at and laugh about in a few weeks when I am totally wrong.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Damn, 3 weeks is gonna feel like forever. But fortunately, by the time it comes back, we'll have the premier of Game of Thrones on HBO to watch that Sunday!

Solo said:
!
the two universes merging somehow, resulting in every person on earth who exists in both universes dying a death, because there can't be two of everything if there is only one world

Just my guesses, which Ill be sure to look back at and laugh about in a few weeks when I am totally wrong.
I agree with the first one. For the second,
maybe the "we" are the First People and the episode shows what happened to them

Solo

heliosRAzi said:
I agree with the first one. For the second,
maybe the "we" are the First People and the episode shows what happened to them

That would work too, and be very awesome. I really can't wait to see what they cook up. The fact that we know the finale is only just starting production has me hyped as fuck, because they know next season is in the bag and they can drop something epic as fuck on us to end the season and leave us wondering for the next 4 months.

Solo said:
!

I do think you are right about the
merging of the universes, but not the deaths. That would mean losing an Olivia or Walter somewhere. And an Astrid. I always thought we would get a merge, and it might be something catastrophic if the one pic from the finale is anything to go by. Of course, if they want to show their planetary sized balls, they will destroy our universe and save the other.

Solo

Just to note for anyone else jumping into the convo, the spoilered stuff is just speculation. A big "fuck you" to anyone who comes in and starts posting actual spoilers without warning. I want to speculate, because thats what makes the experience so great, but I do not want to hear even the most seemingly minor spoiler. Keep that stuff out of here.

Solo said:
That would work too, and be very awesome. I really can't wait to see what they cook up. The fact that we know the finale is only just starting production has me hyped as fuck, because they know next season is in the bag and they can drop something epic as fuck on us to end the season and leave us wondering for the next 4 months.
I hope it ends like the season 1 finale with just an awesome revelation and hangs on that.

Solo said:
Just to note for anyone else jumping into the convo, the spoilered stuff is just speculation. A big "fuck you" to anyone who comes in and starts posting actual spoilers without warnning.
Agreed. I have looked at the spoiler photo from the finale and some spoiler casting calls, and it only fuels my speculation theories.

Solo

I wonder if we'll ever meet the Other-side David Robert Jones. Jared Harris is so awesome and I'd love to see him again.

WillyFive

KingK said:
Yeah, but better it end on a (debatable) high note than drag on forever and end up shitty.

Also, I'm so glad for more Fringe. It's the only show I watch regularly these days (other than Colbert/Daily Show) and they've been having one of the best runs of continually great episodes ever.

Good thing you didn't end up watching Sym-Bionic Titan then. That was the best new show of last year, and it was cancelled just a few days ago.

That's what sucks of watching great shows as they come out that aren't ratings stars. There's a chance you may never see them again.

TripOpt55

That episode was awesome. I loved it. The scene with the birth was great and I love that Lincoln and Charlie are all suspicious at the end. What a great episode.

TripOpt55 said:
I love getting to see Charlie again when we are over there. It was funny he went out with the bug girl.
I can secretly hope that Charlie and Lincoln become regulars next year. Won't happen, but would be nice.

Snake

Haha, my dad texted "LSD!!" to me at 10pm PST.

I had dvr'd Fringe and only finished it by around 11, so for about an hour there I contemplated whether my retired father had just had his first LSD experience.

TripOpt55

PhoncipleBone said:
I can secretly hope that Charlie and Lincoln become regulars next year. Won't happen, but would be nice.
That would be cool. I like them both a lot.

Hokuten said:
Haha, my dad texted "LSD!!" to me at 10pm PST.

I had dvr'd Fringe and only finished it by around 11, so for about an hour there I contemplated whether my retired father had just had his first LSD experience.
Haha... that's pretty great.

Good episode, but holy crap was the birth scene cringeworthy. It was some awful Lost-style garbage. The music and direction was so bad.

I didn't think they'd have the guts to kill off Faux-livia and it sucked to be proven right. :/

big ander

Spotless Mind said:
Good episode, but holy crap was the birth scene cringeworthy. It was some awful Lost-style garbage. The music and direction was so bad.

I didn't think they'd gave thew guts to kill off Faux-livia and it sucked to be proven right. :/
Whhaaaaat really? How was that terrible? A nice sort of canted angle and EXCELLENT music.

I also don't think you always need guts to kill off a character. Death isn't always the best course for a plot.

big ander said:
I also don't think you always need guts to kill off a character. Death isn't always the best course for a plot.
I agree, but then i never bought (or cared) that she could potentially die, so all the tear-jerking came off as cheesy melodrama. Totally gave me flashbacks to that similarly awful scene of Charlie being revived by Jack, right down to the corny music.

big ander

Spotless Mind said:
I agree, but then i never bought (or cared) that she could potentially die, so all the tear-jerking came off as cheesy melodrama. Totally gave me flashbacks to that similarly awful scene of Charlie being revived by Jack, right down to the corny music.
I had heard before the episode that the ending would be divisive and dark. That combined with the fact that SOMEHOW, the two universes must eventually reconcile, in turn combined with her great development over the season and the dramatic buildup throughout the episode, had me believing she could actually die.
And that Lost scene is great >:|

Solo

Spotless is off his rocker, letting his LOST hatred blind him. There was nothing alike between the two scenes. One involved swelling Giacchino music and a man literally slugging away on another man's chest while Evangeline brings dem tears in the background. This one was simply a birth scene in which Lincoln confessed that which we've known all along (under the impression that Faux was a goner), which was touching and nice.

Top Bottom