• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FRINGE Season 3 |OT| Inexplicably renewed for a 4th season!

bathala

Banned
185369_10150250640983668_15576613667_7665827_5949154_n.jpg

looks like there's a new observer in show

I'm at the end of season 2 and I am pissing my pants.

This show gets really creepy and exciting. it reminds me of some of the creepy episodes from X-Files when I was a kid. I really, really like this show.

Peter and Walter are amazing. They are fantastic characters. They are more down to earth than other favorites like House and Dexter, but they got charisma and they grow in interesting ways. I'm going to watch Season 3 now! I hope it can hold up:)

It's funny about this show... Everyone seemed so dissapointed in the beginning. JJ Abrams really is great mysteries ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpjVgF5JDq8 )

mm04

I think that picture basically means that Peter is not an observer. That reeks of misdirection to me. No way are they going to give us that nugget 2 months before the season premier.

mm04

oatmeal said:
What the picture means is that Peter wasn't a confirmed guest and he came out afterwards.

I'm not sure we're in disagreement here, but that much was obvious and has been known since the panel was announced. I'm speaking more to his attire and the end of the casting video than anything else.

ThisWreckage said:
No trailer was shown?

This.

CC this year has been very disappointing. Hardly any new promo material and virtually all footage from panels wasn't captured...

What the fuck is the point of having an iphone/android/any phone with video recording capabilities if you're not going to use them to try and record the damn footage. :C

oatmeal

Banned
mm04 said:
I'm not sure we're in disagreement here, but that much was obvious and has been known since the panel was announced. I'm speaking more to his attire and the end of the casting video than anything else.

Gotcha.

I dunno...it makes sense for the show for him to be an Observer. I'd like that.

Seems like a lot of work for a red herring. But those are fun, too. Glad to see they have some fun with this show.

noah111

Still Alive
bathala said:
I wonder if we'll ever a get an alternate version of John Scott
I also want to be reminded of the very early S1, good stuff. Anyway, I forgot but when does the new season start again? Can't fucking wait.

The 'Recast Peter' trailer is soooooo good. I love it. Hysterical, especially since they got so many celebrities to try it... even Charlotte! Who looked good in that top.

NotTheGuyYouKill said:
The 'Recast Peter' trailer is soooooo good. I love it. Hysterical, especially since they got so many celebrities to try it... even Charlotte! Who looked good in that top.
Too bad the actress is annoying as hell.

Anyone know how I can get the Fringe comic series. Looking for all of them Volume 1 & 2. I would love to get digital copies to view on the iPad. Spent a lot of time online and can't find much info at all.

big ander

lazybones18 said:
Good interview.

I love this interview with Josh Jackson. Apparently Josh had some input in deciding what would happen to Peter at the end, which is cool. And he says what his favorite theory is for next year. He also demonstrates a pretty great grasp of his character as he does a quick little run through of the whole season and the Bolivia relationship drama. Pinkner shows up quickly too.

mm04

big ander said:
Good interview.

I love this interview with Josh Jackson. Apparently Josh had some input in deciding what would happen to Peter at the end, which is cool. And he says what his favorite theory is for next year. He also demonstrates a pretty great grasp of his character as he does a quick little run through of the whole season and the Bolivia relationship drama. Pinkner shows up quickly too.

I liked both interviews. The John Noble one brought back my bitterness of his Emmy snub. Complete bullshit by the academy.

Regarding the Observer theory, I think it would a cool one, but I think that it might be a tad too predictable and I think the showrunners wouldn't give us that big of a hint this early. However, remember that Peter was able to use August's gun on the assassin. Broyles said that the lab testers thought it was out of ammo. I think it would be cool if Walter and Peter somehow created the Observers in the future to make sure the timeline didn't change prior to the Bridge creation, but that would take a crapload of time to flesh out and I don't think we have that many episodes left.

TripOpt55

big ander said:
Good interview.

That was a good one. Some pretty neat stuff from him there.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Vigilant Walrus said:
I'm at the end of season 2 and I am pissing my pants.

This show gets really creepy and exciting. it reminds me of some of the creepy episodes from X-Files when I was a kid. I really, really like this show.

Peter and Walter are amazing. They are fantastic characters. They are more down to earth than other favorites like House and Dexter, but they got charisma and they grow in interesting ways. I'm going to watch Season 3 now! I hope it can hold up:)

It's funny about this show... Everyone seemed so dissapointed in the beginning. JJ Abrams really is great mysteries ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpjVgF5JDq8 )

Season 3 is where it begins to really take off.

TripOpt55

I just started rewatching this show from the beginning. I have done it each summer before the season starts, but obviously each year with an extra season it becomes a bit more daunting. Hoping to be able to watch it all before the new season starts. Not very far yet. I just finished The Arrival which is a really cool episode. I wonder what I was thinking when I watched that opening scene with the observer for the first time. Probably had no idea what a big deal they would be. Obviously, you get into the episode and you find out he was around all these important events. Also, going to try and spot all the observers in each episode. I was able to find them all in Season 3, but I never saw all of them in the first two seasons.

mm04

Solo said:
Any official word yet if S4 is to be the final season?

Nope. Kevin Reilly has stated that if the show got the same ratings it garnered last season in the Friday slot, it would be satisfactory. At this point, I'm just hoping for that and a full season 4 with no early shutdown. Unfortunately, I think Fringe will have to keep its ratings in conjunction with a colossal failure of one the high profile new shows to stick around for season 5. I won't lie, I'm hoping for that. I'd rather keep the show I know is excellent than one that might be.

I feel that this is going to be it. As long as they go out on their own terms, I am fine with it.

Also, I should have the season 4 thread made up sometime in the next two weeks. HYPE TIME PEOPLE!

Top Bottom