• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FRINGE Season 3 |OT| Inexplicably renewed for a 4th season!

Emonga said:
2011 Comic Con poster

tumblr_lo1f53PALd1qjgt0yo1_400.jpg

Who the guy to the left of Olivia? New character?

Jarmel

Banned
They really should have left Peter out of all the promotional material. What's the point of making a character disappear if you bring him back one episode later?

Oh and is this confirmed to be the final season? I know Fox isn't going to give another season so I want to hear the producers acknowledge the facts.

threenote

Banned
Jarmel said:
They really should have left Peter out of all the promotional material. What's the point of making a character disappear if you bring him back one episode later?

Oh and is this confirmed to be the final season? I know Fox isn't going to give another season so I want to hear the producers acknowledge the facts.
You honestly thought they would scrap him? Besides, we don't even know how many episodes he'll be in.

big ander

Fuck, I didn't even notice, I've been trying really hard not to get spoiled on the new character. Now I know his name and what he looks like :(

Jarmel

Banned
threenote said:
You honestly thought they would scrap him? Besides, we don't even know how many episodes he'll be in.

Of course not but they should atleast make an appearance of doing so especially after the season finale.

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
Jarmel said:

Did I miss something? When did Peter disappear? The last episode I watched
he went into the future.

mm04

quadriplegicjon said:
Did I miss something? When did Peter disappear? The last episode I watched
he went into the future.

It sounds like you missed the last 2 or 3 minutes of the season finale.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
mm04 said:
It sounds like you missed the last 2 or 3 minutes of the season finale.

More like he missed the entire last episode and thought "The Last Sam Weiss" was the final one.

mm04

Bisnic said:
More like he missed the entire last episode and thought "The Last Sam Weiss" was the final one.

Yeah, you're right. I read it as he was living in the future, as opposed to just going there. How the F can you miss the season finale?

I really don't understand how people miss the last episode of shows... especially if they watched the rest of the season in it's entirety

Someone did the same thing with Chuck last season

:/

"Oh cool, a Fringe thread! I can't wait to watch Season 3 when comes out on Blu-Ray because I don't have cable at school and bandwidth is tight, so I decide to support the show by enjoying it that way. I hope nobody spoils something pretty major in the second post that I read".

Jarmel said:

:(

Another curious thing is that they seem to be on the Other side because of the zeppelin, but it's Olivia and Walter and not Fauxlivia and Walternate. Or is this post-merge?

ElRenoRaven

Bisnic said:
Olivia looks quite different. Barely recognize her.

Oops didn't mean to double post. It looks like a bad airbrushing job to me. Also am I the only one that thinks the poster would be perfect if it was as is but there was just an empty space where Peter should be? That would actually have made the poster perfect.

big ander

IcyBlueStrawberry said:
"Oh cool, a Fringe thread! I can't wait to watch Season 3 when comes out on Blu-Ray because I don't have cable at school and bandwidth is tight, so I decide to support the show by enjoying it that way. I hope nobody spoils something pretty major in the second post that I read".

:( sorry man. Though, not to be harsh, but it's sort of your fault. Can't check out threads for shows you haven't seen and be too miffed when you get spoiled.

PsychoRaven said:
Also am I the only one that thinks the poster would be perfect if it was as is but there was just an empty space where Peter should be? That would actually have made the poster perfect.
That would be amazing and super ballsy but they aren't gonna leave their (arguably*) biggest star/name off the poster. Marketing would never approve that.

* I think Joshua Jackson still has better brand recognition than Anna Torv, but maybe she has surpassed him by now

Emonga said:
That would be amazing and super ballsy but they aren't gonna leave their (arguably*) biggest star/name off the poster. Marketing would never approve that.

* I think Joshua Jackson still has better brand recognition than Anna Torv, but maybe she has surpassed him by now

To the general public, Anna Torv is still pretty unknown. But people still remember Pacey.

The true star of the show for me is, and always has been, John Noble.

For me too obviously, but I think a lot more people know Joshua Jackson (from his teen heartthrob days) than him.

ETA: Apparently he was in the third Lord of the Rings movie, was that a big role (i.e. would people know him from that)? I've only seen the first one so all I know him from is Fringe.

satriales

IcyBlueStrawberry said:

Why are you reading the season 3 thread if you haven't seen it and don't want to be spoiled? The show aired months ago so you can't expect everyone to keep silent until the DVD is released.

satriales said:
Why are you reading the season 3 thread if you haven't seen it and don't want to be spoiled? The show aired months ago so you can't expect everyone to keep silent until the DVD is released.
I was only half serious about that :p

It was more due to the fact that the second post I read in the thread just happened to contain a pretty massive spoiler lol. I expected discussion about the season, but I thought I could avoid reading big spoilers if I browsed carefully.

Zoe

IcyBlueStrawberry said:
I was only half serious about that :p

It was more due to the fact that the second post I read in the thread just happened to contain a pretty massive spoiler lol. I expected discussion about the season, but I thought I could avoid reading big spoilers if I browsed carefully.

Since you're a junior, you may not be aware of how TV-GAF works. The moment something airs on the east coast, it's no longer a spoiler.

Zoe said:
Since you're a junior, you may not be aware of how TV-GAF works. The moment something airs on the east coast, it's no longer a spoiler.

Exactly. And when I get the OT for season 4 made, all season 3 spoilers will be unmarked.

LAME (and not unexpected)! John Noble was NOT nominated for an Emmy. Bastards.

But then, I guess that means I dont have to feel bad when Peter Dinklage wins for Game of Thrones.

ElRenoRaven

PhoncipleBone said:
LAME (and not unexpected)! John Noble was NOT nominated for an Emmy. Bastards.

But then, I guess that means I dont have to feel bad when Peter Dinklage wins for Game of Thrones.

I really do hate how they constantly overlook him. He deserves an Emmy goddamn it.

bathala said:
would have been nice if they have alternate cover

showing alternate Olivia, Walternate, and new guy
I heard a rumor the new guy's alternate on the other side is dead. Instead, they should show Fauxlivia, Walternate and grandson Henry (whose paternity is still a mystery).

Hobbun

Jarmel said:

Have you heard something I haven't? I have only heard of glowing support of Fringe from Kevin Reilly (FOX president).

I had read in an article (don't have the link) that the writers have the overarching story planned for 7 seasons, but can make adjustments if need be (i.e. show gets canceled).

Hopefully the show does well enough where we will see beyond this season.

Top Bottom