• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Frozen Synapse |OT| The Thinking Man's Shooter

Zomo

fresquito said:
I've finished all my matches. My final results are as follow:

Victories 7
Defeats: 1
Kills: 26
Deaths: 6
Difference: +20

As for the matches, here they are:

(Sorry, most videos aren't uploaded, since the service is broken for me :-/)

GROUP N

First leg

fresquito vs TomaLexi

fresquito (winner)
Kills: 3
Deaths: 1

TomaLexi (loser)
Kills: 1
Deaths: 3

fresquito vs Conceptor

fresquito (loser)
Deaths: 2

Conceptor (winner)
Kills: 2

fresquito vs hmecey

fresquito (winner)
Kills: 4

hmecey (loser)
Deaths: 4

Second leg

fresquito vs Conceptor

fresquito (winner)

Conceptor (loser)

Thanks to all playing me. It's been a pleasure.

fresquito vs TomaLexi

fresquito vs Conceptor

fresquito vs hmecey

fresquito vs Conceptor

This should be all of the ones you weren't able to upload.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I've been trying to upload a certain match's video with no success for the past few days for some reason.

Is there a way to verify the match results in-game?

The game tells me the video is correctly uploaded, but YouTube shows me an error.

Zomo

Brazil said:
I've been trying to upload a certain match's video with no success for the past few days for some reason.

Is there a way to verify the match results in-game?

The game tells me the video is correctly uploaded, but YouTube shows me an error.

You can look at your match history by clicking on your username in the top right hand corner. If you're having trouble with the upload feature i can upload it for you?

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Zomo said:
You can look at your match history by clicking on your username in the top right hand corner. If you're having trouble with the upload feature i can upload it for you?
Yeah, I know. I've tried to upload it four times already, but YouTube keeps on giving me errors.

It'd be awesome if you could upload it for me. The ID is 138399.

Zomo

Brazil said:
Yeah, I know. I've tried to upload it four times already, but YouTube keeps on giving me errors.

It'd be awesome if you could upload it for me. The ID is 138399.
Ah ok sorry I didn't really understand your problem. I just got home from work so I'll upload it now.

Group D

Brazil vs Ultimo

Brazil (Winner)
Killed: 1
Lost: 0

Ultimo (Loser)
Killed: 0
Lost: 1

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Thanks for all the help Zomo :)

I am going to update everything now so far, might take me a while.

mm04

Probably not the most appropriate place to post this, but I have an extra Frozen Synapse 2-pack from the Steam sale I'm trying to offload. $13 via PayPal if anyone's interested for a friend or whatever. PM me.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Okay, updated everything so far, except the stuff below.

Still Stuff to do:

- corto - gerhalt have a match missing in the table, but he said they played it, somewhere in the thread?

- Add all Brosey's matches.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And just so people remember why they stick with our little tournament :p

I decided to throw in a small steam gift, 5-10€, for the winner of this tournament.

Additionally Inertia is giving away something in the same price range for the winner of the match for 3rd place.

It will be a surprise game that not even I know about yet. I'll probably look through the stuff you have and decide what you might like. No blaming me if its not perfect, I'll try my best ;)

Feel free to sponsor any price for anything, like:

-most kills
-least losses

basically anything you can come up with, if you wish, or just sponsor prices for place 1-4.

Toma

Zomo said:
I think i might have just got through... I think. Judging from the spreadsheet :)

Haha, yeah. Hopefully its correct there, I just realized that there is a game missing in the spreadsheet. The second game of you vs gregor, got that in hand? I probably forgot to copy paste it into the spreadsheet.

fresquito

Good work Toma. Congrats. BTW, it looks like you're in good position to go ahead in the tournament. I will wait you in the next round :-D

Toma

fresquito said:
Good work Toma. Congrats. BTW, it looks like you're in good position to go ahead in the tournament. I will wait you in the next round :-D

You are the one deserving congratulations in our group. :)
I would so love to get my sweet revenge in the K.O. Phase ;P

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Ezahn said:
Awesome. No-luck involved. Game.

Disagree. Once you've been on the end of shitty spawns (one person in a 4 walled-in area), you'll know there is some luck involved in not being completely massacred.

BTW, Toma, does this mean the Steam patch came out?

Toma

TheSeks said:
Disagree. Once you've been on the end of shitty spawns (one person in a 4 walled-in area), you'll know there is some luck involved in not being completely massacred.

BTW, Toma, does this mean the Steam patch came out?

Nope, we still havent finished the group phase. But as soon as the Patch hits, I'll make sure to end all open games. I guess I'll make a pm writing marathon. Those who dont get back to me until the patch will lose their games.

Toma

PjotrStroganov said:
You deserve a tag of honor Toma!

Actually Zomo deserves one, she saved me a looooot of time.

Hey folks. So I'm just picking this up and working through the single player to get the hang of things.

I really like it so far, but I did have one question. While messing around with the UI I accidentally opened myself up for games and now I have two turn 1 games sitting around in a queue, apparently waiting for me to make the first move. Can I cancel these somehow? I really don't know how to play the game yet, but I don't want to leave them just sitting around waiting forever.

fresquito

TheFightingFish said:
Hey folks. So I'm just picking this up and working through the single player to get the hang of things.

I really like it so far, but I did have one question. While messing around with the UI I accidentally opened myself up for games and now I have two turn 1 games sitting around in a queue, apparently waiting for me to make the first move. Can I cancel these somehow? I really don't know how to play the game yet, but I don't want to leave them just sitting around waiting forever.
After two weeks they will disappear. You can hide them and act like they never existed. It won't account for anything, as the game only accounts for turns that have been made. So hide them and never look back.

fresquito said:
After two weeks they will disappear. You can hide them and act like they never existed. It won't account for anything, as the game only accounts for turns that have been made. So hide them and never look back.

Ahh, that's kinda a shame. I hate to leave stuff sticking around, so I'll probably just load them up and give them my best shot. Online rankings don't really mean crap to me, so I don't mind giving away a free win or two.

Tegris

Toma said:
Okay, updated everything so far, except the stuff below.

- A game by Tegris is missing, a game where he lost , somewhere in the thread?

The games you're looking for are:

Dutfish (Green) vs Tegris (Red)

Dutfish: Win

Tegris: Loss

and Dascu (Green) vs Tegris (Red)

Dascu: Loss

Tegris: Win

----

I think I should have a total of 12 kills and 18 deaths.

The game in cell I10 is wrong - it's Eiskalt vs Broseybrose. I haven't finished either of my games with Eiskalt, and he hasn't played his turns in about a week.

Zomo

Toma said:
Haha, yeah. Hopefully its correct there, I just realized that there is a game missing in the spreadsheet. The second game of you vs gregor, got that in hand? I probably forgot to copy paste it into the spreadsheet.

Doolez vs gregor7777

This is the game thats missing.

Cohsae

If anyone out there hasn't grabbed a copy of Frozen Synapse yet, I'm willing to gift you my extra copy over Steam in exchange for Limbo. PM me if you're interested.

Toma

Ezahn said:
Hi there Pylon, could you please add me to the OP list?
Tnx so much, see you in game.

Write him a PM, he isnt checking back too regular I think as we mostly talk about tournament stuff atm.

Cohsae

This game is SO GODDAM GOOD. So satisfying when you have that one brilliant turn that just flips the whole game on its head.
The soundtrack was a complete surprise as well.

Toma

PjotrStroganov said:
So, when does the steam patch come online...

Nooo idea, they said something about taking another week for the steam patch after the initial patch hit.

Toma

Toma said:
Nooo idea, they said something about taking another week for the steam patch after the initial patch hit.

Correction:
Estimated Time of arrival:
FS dev via Twitter said:
Final testing of first patch: http://t.co/ezidVIz . Steam version will be live tonight. Next patch will be quicker than this one!

Toma

TheSeks said:
Oh nice. I can't wait to see what they updated.

Same here, I especially want to check out the tournament feature.

Toma

BigAT said:
Does this mean we are advancing to the next round of the tournament tonight or tomorrow?

If the patch comes up before I'll go to bed today, chances are I'll be able to get us to advance to the next round until tomorrow. If I wont get to try it tonight, I probably wont have enough time to do the remaining cleaning up and preparation for the next round until tomorrow. So, give me another day then. But we should be ready to go within 2 days.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Patch isn't up yet. Haven't seen Steam pop up about it. :/ They lie. :/

Toma said:
If the patch comes up before I'll go to bed today, chances are I'll be able to get us to advance to the next round until tomorrow. If I wont get to try it tonight, I probably wont have enough time to do the remaining cleaning up and preparation for the next round until tomorrow. So, give me another day then. But we should be ready to go within 2 days.
Unrelated but I totally forgot that I had a match left vs mr_appleby. I started it today but he hasn't played back

Top Bottom