• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Full list of Amazon Black Friday deals.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Mr. Hyde said:
I clicked add to cart the second it appeared, but I still lost after waiting in line for five minutes. A part of me thinks it was random.

I don't think it was random so much as that there were so many more people offered a chance than deals they actually had, that it might as well have been random. There was very little chance of getting one to begin with. I didn't realize how many were given out until I saw the giant overflow of "check" posts from people trying to make sure their clocks were the same as amazon's.

Stormwatch said:
Damn! I was hoping to pick up Animal Crossing, but I didn't realize that they'd end that deal so early.

:( me too. But its weird cause they still have it in stock and some of the other games (wario land for example) are discounted. Maybe they sold too many

ringlord

I was planning on checking out this deal this morning, but my 6-month old baby woke up fussing at 3:30 AM. My luck, it seems as I grabbed Dead Space (360) and Left 4 Dead (360) then. Dead Space looks out-of-stock now, but L4D... Amazon shows as the seller still, but not at the sale price?? Can they offer only a limited inventory of their sale items? I figured they'd honor the sale price until they were sold out.

Anyway... still missed out on the Burnout deal even at that time, and was debating gears 2 at $49, but that price is gone now. I like it when my decisions are made for me.

h3ro

ringlord said:
I was planning on checking out this deal this morning, but my 6-month old baby woke up fussing at 3:30 AM. My luck, it seems as I grabbed Dead Space (360) and Left 4 Dead (360) then. Dead Space looks out-of-stock now, but L4D... Amazon shows as the seller still, but not at the sale price?? Can they offer only a limited inventory of their sale items? I figured they'd honor the sale price until they were sold out.

Anyway... still missed out on the Burnout deal even at that time, and was debating gears 2 at $49, but that price is gone now. I like it when my decisions are made for me.

What was the sale price on L4D?

bill0527

WTF happened to the L4D deal? I just checked it a little while ago and was going to purchase the PC version for $20 and now its back up to full price.

Dementia

The fuck? The PS3 version of Fallout 3 just went back up to 50-whatever dollars... but it's still shipping from amazon. Lame. :(

Dementia said:
The fuck? The PS3 version of Fallout 3 just went back up to 50-whatever dollars... but it's still shipping from amazon. Lame. :(
Yeah, I saw that. That sucks.

Glad I'm getting the PC version.

Edit: But the MGS Collection went up too, and I was planning to buy that. :(

ringlord

bill0527 said:
WTF happened to the L4D deal? I just checked it a little while ago and was going to purchase the PC version for $20 and now its back up to full price.

That PC deal apparently sold out in 5 minutes when it started at 3 AM EST. It's now selling from J&R at $47.

ringlord

Dementia said:

Yep. Same thing happened with the 360 version of L4D. Still sold by Amazon, but it's now at $56.

Edit: and the 360 version of Fallout 3 -- at $56 but still sold by Amazon.

Looks like they're ending some of these sales very early for whatever reason.

ringlord

diffusionx said:
I just picked up Far Cry 2 for $37.99. Rented it 2 weeks ago, awesome awesome game.

I'm still debating picking this up. As it is, I have enough games to carry me well into 2009. The only reason I haven't jumped on it is because I suspect it'll show up even cheaper by the time I'd get around to playing it.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
sh4mike said:
I wanted BoomBlox and Fallout-PC. No longer on sale.

Wow, you're right. I literally put my order for Fallout 3 in 20 minutes ago and now it is back up to full price. I'm glad I didn't shuffle my feet on that one.

hc2

Guitar Hero 3 with the wireless Les Paul controller is still $49.95 on Amazon. Best Buy had the 2 guitar bundle for $79.95 but they are sold out. All 3 platforms still available. Walmart has the same controller on sale for $40 (including tax) if you need another

The third game from the Guitar Hero series is going to rock your face off. You will channel your inner guitar god as you thrash your way through all sorts of venues. In addition to standard Guitar Hero features you know and adore, this game has all kinds of killer new options such as the new multiplayer action-inspired battle mode, grueling boss battles, a bevy of exclusive unlockable content, and authentic rock venues. The expanded online multiplayer game modes will also allow axe-shredders worldwide to compete head-to-head for true legendary rock status. Best of all, check out the new songs! Fresh downloadable content will be offered on multiple platforms, and players can now shred to a set list from many of the greatest rock songs ever recorded. Featured hits include:
Rock And Roll All Nite (as made famous by Kiss)
School's Out (as made famous by Alice Cooper)
Cult of Personality (by Living Colour)
Barracuda (as made famous by Heart)
This game comes bundled with the all-new wireless Gibson Les Paul guitar controller. The exclusive Gibson guitars include innovative features such as removable faceplates allowing fans to personalize their guitars making them their own, and a new button color design that will be integrated for an even greater authentic feel and rock experience.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000TG531G

DeadGzuz

Banned
Dementia said:

Damn, I had it sitting there on the page at $39, then I hit add and it said $52 in the cart. I'm sorry, is Friday over Amazon? WTF?

prophecy0

Mr.City said:
Oh shit, really? I just made the purchase and it showed for sale price. I guess I made it at the last second.

Shit, if I had dragged myself out of bed 15 minutes earlier I could have gotten all of these great deals :( . I was going to get Okami, L4D, Boom Blox, and Fallout 3.

DedicationThroughLight said:
They were trying to simulate door buster deals, Ie deals that were at 3AM and ended at 4AM EST.

:lol

Holy shit that's fucking cold. Thank god I set my alarm.

Left 4 Dead $40 in my basket, baby. King Of The Wigflip.

drakesfortune

Directions: Pull String For Uninformed Rant
Wow, what great deals.

I picked up:

Heavenly Sword $19.99
Warhawk $14.99
God of War PSP $19.99
N+ PSP $9.99
Crisis Core PSP $14.99
Hotel Dusk 215 $14.99
Touchmaster $9.99
Personal Trainer Cooking $9.99 (for the wife)

Total for 8 games, $114.60 shipped

It seems like I've been waiting FOREVER for Heavenly Sword to hit this price. That has always been my magical purchase price for that game because it's so short.

Well fuck. I missed everything. :(

Persona 3 FES was $20 last night and now it's back the $30. WTF! I should have ordered then. ;_; Why is the MGS collection still $30?

Raistlin

Missed out on a couple due to being too lazy to get up (Madden 09, Bloom Blox, Crank) ... but made out quite well overall.

PS2:
God of War 2

PS3:
Condemned 2
Heavenly Sword
Frontman Wireless Guitar

BluRay:
Sunshine
Rambo 1-3 Boxset
Transformers
Black Snake Moan
Sweeney Todd

Not Black Friday BluRay sales, but ordered anyway:
Firefly: The Complete Series
Sleeping Beauty
RUSH: Snakes and Arrows Live
Serenity (pre-order)
The Dark Knight (pre-order)

Dementia

DedicationThroughLight said:
They were trying to simulate door buster deals, Ie deals that were at 3AM and ended at 4AM EST.
Fallout 3 was still $39 in my cart at 9:40 EST, but then like 5 minutes later after making sure I didn't want anything else the price shot back up. It wasn't even on the hour, just some arbitrary time.
Gimme back my $39 Fallout 3, amazon!

Mr.City

prophecy0 said:
Shit, if I had dragged myself out of bed 15 minutes earlier I could have gotten all of these great deals :( . I was going to get Okami, L4D, Boom Blox, and Fallout 3.

The funny part is that I just got back from doing some light shopping when I placed the order. I guess I'm lucky today because I managed to snag the only one copy of Crysis at the EBgames near me for $20.

jjasper

I don't know if it is a deal or not but the MGS4 gunmetal PS3 is down to $399 on both amazon and walmart's webpage.

prophecy0

Mr.City said:
The funny part is that I just got back from doing some light shopping when I placed the order. I guess I'm lucky today because I managed to snag the only one copy of Crysis at the EBgames near me for $20.

The worst part is I thought about staying up a few extra hours last night to catch the deals when they first started, but I decided to go ahead and go to bed so I would wake up earlier today. Oh well :( .

teiresias

Ended up picking up:

Energizer Charge Station
Personal Trainer Cooking

for approximately $20. Missed out on Fallout, which is probably just as well. I would have picked up Persona 3 FES at the original $20, but they raised that price up to $28 to entice you to buying the deal which is Persona 3 FES w/CD & artbook for $30. Maybe the stand-alone game will go back to $20 after the deals are over? Maybe I should just make Persona 4 the first game I play in this series? We'll see.

Sysgen

Everyone has a story. I was going to go to bed at 2 EST and my wife woke up and chewed my ear off for an hour. At 3 I was checking my email and GAF and saw this thread. Got in on the sale thanks to an insomniac wife.

Quick: I'm about to buy two seasons of The Simpsons and I've heard 4-8 are the best. Which two out of those 4 would you recommend I buy? (I'd buy more than two, but I already have Curb Your Enthusiasm 1-6 in my cart)

edit: wrong forum, but still help nevertheless :D

DogWelder

starchild excalibur said:
Quick: I'm about to buy two seasons of The Simpsons and I've heard 4-8 are the best. Which two out of those 4 would you recommend I buy? (I'd buy more than two, but I already have Curb Your Enthusiasm 1-6 in my cart)

Season 6 is easily the best season. Then it's a toss up between 8 and 5, I personally liked S8 better.

Edit: I forgot, Part II of Who Shot Mr. Burns is S7, so you might wanna get S6 and S7.

Mr.City

I don't get why you guys are getting so early. I got up around 8am and manged to shop with relative ease. Most of the places by me are not too crowded.

diffusionx

Gold Member
starchild excalibur said:

Well, aside from the fact that 4-8 are 5 seasons, not 4, go for the earlier ones. The show was honestly best from 3-6, virtually every episode was ace, 7 was good-not-great, 8 was shit.

DogWelder

diffusionx said:
Well, aside from the fact that 4-8 are 5 seasons, not 4, go for the earlier ones. The show was honestly best from 3-6, virtually every episode was ace, 7 was good-not-great, 8 was shit.

Whaaat?? The best episode of The Simpsons was You Only Move Twice (Globex Corp. episode). Frank Grimes first appearance was also classic.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
1cesc said:
Whaaat?? The best episode of The Simpsons was You Only Move Twice (Globex Corp. episode). Frank Grimes first appearance was also classic.

Frank Grimes first appearance is where a lot of people think is the moment the show jumped the shark.

diffusionx

Gold Member
1cesc said:

Sorry, no offense, but I can't take your opinion on the show seriously after this post.

basis

Tedesco! said:
FYI - Band of Brothers Blu-ray just dropped from $54 to $49 on Amazon.
is this worth it? i already own the normal DVD version ... i mean i'm a big fan of the series, but is it worth the coin?

Top Bottom