• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Full list of Amazon Black Friday deals.

A Link to the Snitch said:
Erm, Boom Blox doesn't seem to be available for $20.00. Do I have to go through a certain venue to get it for that price?

You're too late. You should have just stayed awake 'til midnight PST

Mardak

Picked up Resident Evil 4 for Wii on am impulse buy along with Big Brain Academy Wii. Usually I get pretty dizzy playing shooters, but I made it through Gears 2 co-op with a friend decently well, so I figured it would be safe enough. Perhaps I should eventually pick up Prime 2 and 3 eventually.. or play more than an hour of Prime 1..

Jamesfrom818 said:
You're too late. You should have just stayed awake 'til midnight PST

Well that's lame, it said that the friday-only deals lasted day (or implied it), it seems pointless to raise the price back up instead of letting the games sell out.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
A Link to the Snitch said:
Well that's lame, it said that the friday-only deals lasted day (or implied it), it seems pointless to raise the price back up instead of letting the games sell out.
Did you guys honestly expect Amazon to sell games at a loss for 24 hours? These deals were designed to get large numbers of people to navigate to their webpage, in hopes that they will buy items that Amazon will actually turn a profit on. It's exactly the same premise as the early bird sales at the B&M retailers.

dyls

Anticitizen One said:
not really. The show went overtop and too wacky after that. It was better when it was grounded in reality with only the annual treehouse episode being wacky. Once every episode became wacky it became dumb.

I always thought Armen Tanzarian was the big jump the shark moment, even though I enjoy the episode.

Since I got my confirmation email for my glitch-price 360, does that mean I'm in the clear? I want to pick up Bioshock and others, but not if my order gets canceled.

segarr

Fucking christ....I went to the fucking Pitt/WVU game earlier, thinking that I would be able to make the purchases when I got back. Fucking damnit. I was going to get Fallout 3, possible Farcry 2, and maybe even Infinite Undiscovery. I was also contemplating a new a controller. What a dumb mistake, I guess sometimes you just gotta buy impulsively.

Now I don't even feel like buying any of the items for full price....might have to go used.....:(

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
dyls said:
I always thought Armen Tanzarian was the big jump the shark moment, even though I enjoy the episode.

Since I got my confirmation email for my glitch-price 360, does that mean I'm in the clear? I want to pick up Bioshock and others, but not if my order gets canceled.
The episode where I finally got fed up with the Simpsons was "Simspons Safari." I was done watching the show after that.

maus

fucking can't believe i missed out on the left 4 dead pc deal. i was actually sitting in front of my computer when it went down but was typing up drunken e-mails.

i went and ordered it at a place selling it for 37 and just got the message that it's on fuckng backorder. i really want to play this weekend so i might just drop the 50 on steam for it. fuck. i'm so broke too.

neight

Banned
~Kinggi~ said:
I spent a lot of money today. Im done.
No you're not soldier! Do what I did and bundle some stuff with preorders that'll ship throughout the next few months that way the expenses are spread out. Muahahahaha! :lol

andthebeatgoeson

Mardak said:
Picked up Resident Evil 4 for Wii on am impulse buy along with Big Brain Academy Wii. Usually I get pretty dizzy playing shooters, but I made it through Gears 2 co-op with a friend decently well, so I figured it would be safe enough. Perhaps I should eventually pick up Prime 2 and 3 eventually.. or play more than an hour of Prime 1..
Good, best damn game in the last 10 years.

I ended up getting Madden 09, Infinite Undiscovery, Lost Planet Colonies, Okami, No More Heroes, and Warioland Shake It for around $120

Held off Far Cry 2 and Fallout 3. The other stuff was just impulse/splurge. I'm still getting over the other stuff I had planned to buy from the last few weeks.

Dartastic

I'm trying to get the KORG DS-10 on Amazon, but I'm FIVE CENTS short of free shipping. It's on sale for 24.95, and for free shipping you need 25 dollars. Sad. Anyone know of anything super ridiculously cheap I can add to get the free shipping?

zoku88

Dartastic said:
I'm trying to get the KORG DS-10 on Amazon, but I'm FIVE CENTS short of free shipping. It's on sale for 24.95, and for free shipping you need 25 dollars. Sad. Anyone know of anything super ridiculously cheap I can add to get the free shipping?
Ugh, there was this one website that was created JUST for that purpose. I forget the name though :(

EDIT: beaten.

DogWelder

Dartastic said:
That website is awesome. I just got a paperback version of Romeo and Juliet for a dollar, and it got me free shipping. YES! Thanks! :D

No problem, I like to use Romeo and Juliet as well; they always have it in stock. I have at least seven copies lying around. :lol

Mardak

skinnyrattler said:
Good, best damn game in the last 10 years. [Resident Evil 4 Wii]
Interesting. So now I'll have RE4, Okami, Zack & Wiki, Mega Man 9 all from Capcom.

So out of top Wii ranking lists of Galaxy, Twilight Princess, World of Goo, Brawl, Okami, Prime 3, RE 4, World Tour, Mega Man 9, de Blob, Boom Blox, Mario Kart, Zack & Wiki, Super Paper Mario... I'm only missing Metroid Prime, Boom Blox, and Guitar Hero stuff... But that's $37-50, $38-40, $190 more.

Too bad I missed out on the super cheap Boom Blox earlier.

jrricky

Banned
WTF? I came home ready to jump on the deals and they are all gone. Why the hell wasnt this in the OP? That should have been bolded or explained that it was like a door buster sale..... :mad:

Now GAF got me pissed for the rest of the night......

jrricky said:
WTF? I came home ready to jump on the deals and they are all gone. Why the hell wasnt this in the OP? That should have been bolded or explained that it was like a door buster sale.....

... Some are still active. Not many, but some.

DogWelder

jrricky said:
WTF? I came home ready to jump on the deals and they are all gone. Why the hell wasnt this in the OP? That should have been bolded or explained that it was like a door buster sale.....

I didn't know, nor did CheapyD; I got the info. straight from CAG.

Paznos

Gogamer.com if you guys want deals on Fallout 3, missed Amazon's deal for the PC so got it there for 5 cents more.

scitek

Any of you guys that took advantage of "the glitch" have your systems shipped today? They've shipped my DDR game, but the console itself still says "Not yet shipped."

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I got a 4GB Sandisk MS Pro Duo for 20. Is that a fair price for an in-store sale? Might get Blue Dragon and something cheaper at Gamecrazy tomorrow.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
LiquidMetal14 said:
I got a 4GB Sandisk MS Pro Duo for 20. Is that a fair price for an in-store sale? Might get Blue Dragon and something cheaper at Gamecrazy tomorrow.

Not bad for instore, the going price is $20 though.

And I received confirmation that the DDR3U bundle has shipped separate from the 360 Arcade (Which has not shipped yet). :D

Ironballs

$37.99 + all the John Davidson splooging on 1up yours for the past couple weeks convinced me to get Far Cry 2.

Almost got MK vs. DC, but I snapped out of it.

scitek said:
Any of you guys that took advantage of "the glitch" have your systems shipped today? They've shipped my DDR game, but the console itself still says "Not yet shipped."
Not yet ...

Shipment #1:
3 items - delivery estimate: December 10, 2008 - December 16, 2008

Order Placed: November 28, 2008
Amazon.com order number: xxxxx
Order Total: $149.95

Shipment #1: Shipping Soon We are preparing these items for shipment and this portion of your order cannot be canceled or changed. Need information on returning an item?
Shipping estimate: December 3, 2008 (More about estimates)

Top Bottom