• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Full list of Amazon Black Friday deals.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Nice, I didn't get the first deal for the LBP 200$ PS3, but I did get one for $300 from the runner-up deal. Plus, bonus of Firefly on Blu Ray and a game I'll have to go ahead and exchange. Go me!

Captain N

Animal Crossing is showing up at 70 dollars again.

I tried to buy Guitar Hero World Tour, but the 25 dollars off from toysrus didn't work.

Archaix said:
Nice, I didn't get the first deal for the LBP 200$ PS3, but I did get one for $300 from the runner-up deal. Plus, bonus of Firefly on Blu Ray and a game I'll have to go ahead and exchange. Go me!
Did they only sell the runner-ups to the people who didn't get to buy their LBP PS3's? or is it for the people who lost the vote?

NeoForte said:
Awww don't tell me I missed Animal Crossing at that low low price? ><

:(

If it makes you feel any better this was at 3 AM EST ...it's not like it was just recently available. Probably sold out a few minutes after. I just woke myself back up and figured I'd post what I got.

Mr.City

I don't know if this is a dead for Black Friday or not, but Amazon has The Witcher for $29, which is $11 off the normal price.

Wow, if I had only waited 1-2 weeks to buy games like Shaun White and Mortal Kombat I would have saved $50 on those 2 games alone. Damn!

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Shadowlink123 said:
Did they only sell the runner-ups to the people who didn't get to buy their LBP PS3's? or is it for the people who lost the vote?

It was for anybody who voted and was selected to choose in the winning deal. They gave a lot more than 500 invitations out, and there were only 500 available at the winning price of 199. The Amazon forums were pretty much ablaze with people angry over not getting it, but I've gotta say that's an awesome deal and I can't be angry at somebody else for getting it. The Firefly/Force Unleashed pack was the one I wanted next most, so I didn't try for the James Bond pack at 350. Glad that didn't come back to bite me.

The way it worked was that the winning deal was offered first, and then the second place at an increased price an hour later, and then the third at an increased price another hour after that. In theory, people could have bought all three of them if they got in fast enough. Looking back and seeing that some people lost out on all three, I'm not sure if that was the best idea in this case but that's just because all three are essentially the same product. On other days the deals are different products, so it makes sense that somebody might want all of them.

Mrbob

Congrats on the PS3 purchase! Firefly for free on blu ray is awesome.

Now go get your Netflix account with blu ray access! :D For 10 bucks a month you can get a service which will put awesome use for both your 360 (streaming) and PS3 (blu rays). Win/win!

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Mrbob said:
Congrats on the PS3 purchase! Firefly for free on blu ray is awesome.

Now go get your Netflix account with blu ray access! :D For 10 bucks a month you can get a service which will put awesome use for both your 360 (streaming) and PS3 (blu rays). Win/win!

:lol the first step was tripling the size of my gamefly queue. My next step is running away from my PC so I don't spend any more money today on Blu Ray movies or PS3 games.

SelfCon

Picked up Heavenly Sword, Orange Box, and two Nyko Zero PS3 controllers (w/ rumble) for a total of $52. I'm surprised people aren't gobbling up these controllers at $5 a pop. Could turn out to be a piece of shit, but I found $5 hard to pass up.

VictimOfGrief said:
FYI, Amazon is having a SICK deal on Blu-Ray's. Anywhere from $10 bucks to $25 on newer movies. :D

I'll have to check this out. They are also having a huge sale on HD-DVD's with really good movies going for $7 bucks. I have both HD-DVD and Blu-ray so I can pick and choose the best deals.

Okami Wii $15 right now on lightning/ gold box deal. Should last another 20 minutes or so. They also have RE4 and Mercury Meltdown for $10 each. Super saver shipping applies.

hulot

SelfCon said:
Picked up Heavenly Sword, Orange Box, and two Nyko Zero PS3 controllers (w/ rumble) for a total of $52. I'm surprised people aren't gobbling up these controllers at $5 a pop. Could turn out to be a piece of shit, but I found $5 hard to pass up.
Those controllers aren't very comfortable and besides having to have a usb dongle, you can't turn on the system with them.

andthebeatgoeson

Scooped up a ton up for cheap: God of War 1 and 2, That whole Metal Gear experience (all 3 games) and Left4Dead 360. Great haul, this'll keep me till the summer.

hulot said:
Those controllers aren't very comfortable and besides having to have a usb dongle, you can't turn on the system with them.

As a main controller, sure. But for when you need a random fourth controller to play local LBP, it is perfect.

I bought a DS3 today at Radio Shack for $30 and two of these NYKO controllers last night on Amazon for $5 each so now I have four including the Sixaxis that came with the system.

SelfCon said:
I have one & I love it.

SelfCon

OldJadedGamer said:
As a main controller, sure. But for when you need a random fourth controller to play local LBP, it is perfect.
This is precisely why I decided to pick up two of them to go along with my Sixaxis and Dual Shock 3.

Wtf? none of those deals are showing up for me. Are they like unspoken/unadvertised deals that will change if I add to my cart or something? I was going to pick up Left 4 Dead 360 for 39.99 but its 56.99.

MisterAnderson said:
Wtf? none of those deals are showing up for me. Are they like unspoken/unadvertised deals that will change if I add to my cart or something? I was going to pick up Left 4 Dead 360 for 39.99 but its 56.99.

I think you missed it.

Barrett2

Holy shit, I need someone to physically restrain me from getting back on Amazon. So many good deals, I have already bought so much stuff today! I hope the economy appreciates my contribution! :lol

Kibbles

Good deal for 360 owners:

Tritton AX360 - $77.99
(If you get these, make sure you use the fiber optic connection on your Component Cable with the headset and set your system settings on the 360 dashboard to have 5.1 surround sound instead of stereo.)

[edit] Same price over at newegg.com too.

P90

I had to take my daughter to the doctor. Lost out on FF VII:CC as a gift for $15. The PS2/Lego Batman for $99 was tempting, but my PS2 is not ready to give up the ghost. Yay! The deal is gone now.

I'm tempted with the DS bundles, but I'll wait for the DQ IX bundle. I'll be day 1 for that.

What they need is a PSP 2000 errrr 2001 for $129.

I'd have ordered a 360 Arcade, but I think my wife got me one for Christmas. I have given her enough hints.

hulot

OldJadedGamer said:

I bought a DS3 today at Radio Shack for $30 and two of these NYKO controllers last night on Amazon for $5 each so now I have four including the Sixaxis that came with the system.
As long as people know it's not a replacement for a DS3 upgrade.

Nabster92

road2serfdom said:
Okami Wii $15 right now on lightning/ gold box deal. Should last another 20 minutes or so. They also have RE4 and Mercury Meltdown for $10 each. Super saver shipping applies.

DAMNIT! I was up at 9 for this only to see it at $30. So it went down AFTER I checked?!? Lame.

Amazon will keep changing price randomly until Friday ends. :lol

In a way, it's good. More random people have a chance to buy it rather than running out of stock completely within an hour or two.

BlacKMaRK

Banned
i bought heavenly sword and some new headphones =].

Death Note season 1 box set is only $34.99!!!
im trying my best not to buy it, but its so tempting

Linkhero1

BlacKMaRK said:
i bought heavenly sword and some new headphones =].

Death Note season 1 box set is only $34.99!!!
im trying my best not to buy it, but its so tempting
wtf did you post this. I'm staring at it now >:|

Wow I had no idea these deals wouldn't last all day. I'm glad I got de Blob when I could, but it sucks that I missed out on L4D. Hopefully I can still pick up Boom Blox in store.

Kibbles said:
Good deal for 360 owners:

Tritton AX360 - $77.99
(If you get these, make sure you use the fiber optic connection on your Component Cable with the headset and set your system settings on the 360 dashboard to have 5.1 surround sound instead of stereo.)

Amazon has such a great return policy that if they suck you can always send them back. I'm looking for a headset like this that will work on both PS3 and 360.

BobJustBob said:
And every one of those people is an idiot.

not really. The show went overtop and too wacky after that. It was better when it was grounded in reality with only the annual treehouse episode being wacky. Once every episode became wacky it became dumb.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Anticitizen One said:
not really. The show went overtop and too wacky after that. It was better when it was grounded in reality with only the annual treehouse episode being wacky. Once every episode became wacky it became dumb.

I can understand why people sometimes pinpoint "Homer's Enemy," since it was uncharacteristically farcical at the time and arguably had a lot of "Jerkass Homer" (though I think it's more that Homer was just incredibly dumb in this episode, rather than Jerkass Homer), but I don't feel as negatively about the episode since, while absurd, it had a lot of good jokes. If you want an absurd episode without good jokes, and my personal pick, check the following episode.

Top Bottom