• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Full list of Amazon Black Friday deals.

Shins

Banned
palmas.jpg

MrDaravon

Y2Kev said:
IU is just not fun IMO. It's not really worth it for any price. It's a chore to play. I hated it.

LISTEN TO THIS MAN.

I bought it Day 1, and outside of Devil May Cry 2 and possibly Mercs 2, I have never regretted a full-price game purchase like this. I actually forced myself to finish it a week or two ago, but mostly out of rage that I paid full price for it. And Amazon already had it as a Deal of the Day for $30 I think less than a month after it came out, and now it's $20 tomorrow.

The battle system is fun when it works well, but when it falls apart it crashes bad. There's NO reason they kept the item selection in real-time; they tried to force a real-time MMO sense to things, but there was no fucking point to it. I died in the game maybe 4 times, and every time I could have very easily made it out of the situation if I could go to my item screen without getting killed immediately. Aside from the battle system having some redeeming features, the soundtrack is pretty good IMO, but the sound direction and implementation is terrible. I'm a micromanagement whore, but the game has waaaay too many characters and micromanagement for such a short game, it's completely pointless. You get no sense of the world or plot really until very late in the game, and even then it's done poorly, and the story becomes laughable, the dubbing is pretty terrible, the pacing makes no sense......I could go on and on. You could make a case for it being worth $20 for the couple things it does right, but I would only recommend it if you've beaten every other RPG worth playing at all on the 360, and you just really don't have any RPG to play.

Also Secondary Characters = What the fuck?

teiresias

Hmmm, Burnout is tempting - wish there was a HDD install option on the PS3 though other than buying it through PSN.

Fallout 3 would be tempting, but I got pretty damn bored with Oblivion, but I'm still considering.

I've been wanting to try a Persona game, so the Persona 3 CD/Guide combo looks enticing.

VideoMan

30% Failure Rate
Sailor said:
edit: Ohh..how's Wario Land: Shake It btw? The trailer on youtube I saw was pretty cool, but other than that never heard much about it. Is it a good meaty/lengthy game?
It's very good. The way it's designed is if you just rush through it you'll see the ending FMV in about 6 hours but there's multiple missions per level and if you do all of those it will last much longer (it took me over 30 hours to complete them all). It's easily the best 2D platformer to come out this year IMO, even better than MegaMan 9 (which I adore). I don't see how anybody who likes 2D platformers and has a Wii can pass on this deal.

Raistlin

When do the sales officially start?

Between games and blurays ... I'm going to be blowing WAY too much money on myself tomorrow morning.

Time to pick up Heavenly Sword, and I may throw some pennies at Viking just for the hell of it! Did I miss it or was Uncharted not listed? (Why would it be, sold well, so scratch that) Amazon will be getting a lot of money from me, just pre-ordered PoP on top of the Black Friday deals!

bounchfx

damn, amazon saves black friday.

I almost feel like I NEED to buy infinite undiscovery, just because it's so damn cheap so soon, although I have absolutely no desire to play the game.

that and heavenly sword.

damn. stupid korg going on sale after I just paid 50$ to get it super fast. Doh!

ixix

Exists in a perpetual state of Quantum Crotch Uncertainty.
Persona 3 FES with Soundtrack CD and Artbook - $29.95 (Reg. $49.99)

Huh? Only the original, non-FES version of Persona 3 came with the soundtrack CD and art book, and FES was priced at $30 on release, not $50. Furthermore, FES is already selling for $20 $28.

Don't know what the deal is there, but just a heads-up for anybody interested in this game.

Edit: They jacked the price of FES up since I made this post. Devious.

I think I'll heed the warnings and stay away from Infinite Undiscovery. So that leaves me with...Animal Crossing + Wii Speak? I feel like I just got socks for Xmas.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
IU looks stupid from the GT trailer. I'm skipping on this sale I guess. I wish I had a decent PC...Left 4 Dead would instantly be purchased

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I wanna get Left 4 Dead for the 360 (40$!!!) but I really can't be spending money right now. :(

People who didn't preorder Left 4 Dead don't deserve nice things like this!!

Anyone without it, no excuses this time, the game is worth 5 times what Amazon will be selling it for.

GremlinInTheMachine said:
I think I'll heed the warnings and stay away from Infinite Undiscovery. So that leaves me with...Animal Crossing + Wii Speak? I feel like I just got socks for Xmas.

LOL - Today was my first time playing a Wii and man, did I love CaRNIVAL GAMES!! /sarcasm

JK, it's a nifty little system just not for me.

AMAZON definitely saved black friday for me

Just got Far Cry 2 for $38, gonna (try to) pick up Dead Space, Fallout 3, Left 4 Dead and The Last Remnant too. I hope they don't go live until 3am like its suppose to do though, gonna go watch Batman Gotham Knight and don't wanna miss out on some of these deals.

andthebeatgoeson

brain_stew said:
People who didn't preorder Left 4 Dead don't deserve nice things like this!!

Anyone without it, no excuses this time, the game is worth 5 times what Amazon will be selling it for.
Even the 360 version?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I'm debating L4D. I just don't like multiplayer shooters much and the demo was kind of take it or leave it.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Y2Kev said:
I'm debating L4D. I just don't like multiplayer shooters much and the demo was kind of take it or leave it.

I feel the same way. I was kinda bored with the demo after playing through it several times. Ultimately, I'm willing to fork over $20 for the inevitable mods that will be coming.

SnowWolf said:
I feel the same way. I was kinda bored with the demo after playing through it several times. Ultimately, I'm willing to fork over $20 for the inevitable mods that will be coming.

Same. Single player is obviously boring and there's not much to it. The co-op/multiplayer is fun but there are too many games and you have to choose wisely in this day and age and for me L4D just didn't mesmerize me like I hoped it would.

Minotauro

Finds Purchase on Dog Nutz
Does anyone know if I have everything in my cart and just refresh once the deals go live, will the prices get updated accordingly?

EXGN

Was thinking about getting Condemned PS3... really liked the demo, is it good? Also contemplating BIAHH, Heavenly Sword, Burnout.

Did they ever patch the PS3 version of FO3, or is it still bugged as fuck?

EXGN said:
Was thinking about getting Condemned PS3... really liked the demo, is it good? Also contemplating BIAHH, Heavenly Sword, Burnout.

Did they ever patch the PS3 version of FO3, or is it still bugged as fuck?

I played through the entire game. Just had one console stopping crash.

Davidion

MikeE21286 said:
if anyone doesn't have fallout 3 and has ANY interest.....you must buy it at this price. Awesome game.

Is it really Oblivion with guns? Because oblivion turned me off ON SIGHT. :lol

Torn about this one; might still jump in though.

Would it be easier to add what you want to your wishlist and then add it to your cart that way when the deals go live? I'm assuming it's going to be hell to get things to load...

Teknoman

Minotauro said:
Does anyone know if I have everything in my cart and just refresh once the deals go live, will the prices get updated accordingly?

I hope so. I'm sitting here refreshing every so often. Guess it'll go totally live at 2amCST.

Scarecrow

Quick question to those that have done this before: I'm planning on jumping on L4D on PC. If I go to that page on Amazon, and keep refreshing when 3 rolls around, will that specific page update, or will there be a special "black Friday" page I'd need to go to?

Top Bottom