• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Full look at the new Superman suit in daylight

ManaByte

Gold Member
ixAZ7Af.jpeg

YywKnsh.jpeg

Yep, it's the New 52 suit with trunks and the Kingdom Come S. Interesting mix of styles.

But yeah, I agree that the loose fabric around parts of his arm makes it look a little cheap. However, I'm sure that it'll either be fixed in post or simply won't be framed in most shots.

Last edited:

SJRB

Gold Member
I like how colorful it is but I just wish it was a bit more tight fitted, more muscular. It looks like a scuba wetsuit.

Plus the high collar is so bizarre, only New 52 Superman had that from what I know and they changed that back later.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Yes they are. These photos were taken on the set, untouched. Except the very last one with Reeve, but tbf his costume was the same on set or in the movie so that's fair IMO.
They’re publicity photos and they’ve all been touched up

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
They’re publicity photos and they’ve all been touched up
Sure, if that makes you feel better. But please, do you have any proof of your claim? The only thing right is that it's not stolen pictures like those with David, but the suit is untouched.

BUT

Since you want to play with words:

superman.jpg

And look! I even got it in video and close up:

Why are you the way you are Mana?

StueyDuck

It looks fine. There's only so much you can do with the original design.

Glad to see it's got some colour's, set photos always look terrible too. Wait for the trailer to truly see

My only nitpick would be the S emblem/logo design but I'm also not some insane mega superman fan so I'm sure someone will say it's taken from some comic

Last edited:
Mr Fairplay should go to the hospital to sort his foot out and stop looking at the best thing about this picture, the architecture of that building, he can drop off the terrible cosplayer at the gym on the way

bitbydeath

And Christopher Reeve too

FdzWp3xXkAAVZav
Fu9JUJpX0AEVwMD
a7ca41e23a404378d20a1d9567fc4d3c.jpg

It's not because the MCU is using a lot of CGI to enhance their suits that it's the same for every other movie.
Not much difference on the Reeve ones, and let’s be honest, he was always the best Superman.

If the story is good and what the actor brings to the role then the suit will become less important overall. A lot of suits from heroes look stupid away from the character.

I get that but would be nice if the suit is also aesthetically pleasing. I'm hopeful its exactly that in the final cut of the movie.

Someone said he looks like he's wearing a blue jacket which is accurate lol

I'd like to point out that a lot of people were like "lol wtf" when they saw Battinson's suit in set photos. But years later, I think most people have come around to admitting that the suit looks good in the end product.

Robert Pattinson Cinema GIF by The Batman

Last edited:

Braag

Super hero suits are 90% garbage. The whole "underwear on top of pants" look is impossible to take seriously.
I'm not the biggest comic book fan anyway so maybe I don't get it.

Considering how shit all costumes tend to look in bright daylight in off set pics, this isn't too bad, except for those red trunks.
Unedited shots like these always look awful before color grading/proper lighting/special effects/etc.. are applied.

This will look good in the film.
I remember when the first images leaked for Thors suit, looked pretty shit on the leaked photos but it was fine in the actual movie. CGI, lighting, and post production go a long way.

Costume and set threads are the off-topic equivalent of when gaming side sees leaked alpha footage of a game, like GTA 6 or more recently, Wolverine.

Always expect people to jump to conclusions with bad takes.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Costume and set threads are the off-topic equivalent of when gaming side sees leaked alpha footage of a game, like GTA 6 or more recently, Wolverine.

Always expect people to jump to conclusions with bad takes.
It's absolutely not the same, and we proved it with a few examples. It does not mean that the final look of the suit will be exactly like what we see here, but it doesn't look good so far. Even the first OFFICIAL picture is looking bad...

Top Bottom