• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Full look at the new Superman suit in daylight

It's absolutely not the same, and we proved it with a few examples. It does not mean that the final look of the suit will be exactly like what we see here, but it doesn't look good so far. Even the first OFFICIAL picture is looking bad...
We have seen good looking alpha gameplay footage before too. Pre-release material isn’t always the best barometer of final quality.

Hence the jump to conclusions point.

peish

Looks too clean and bright , probably superman just bought a new pair. I am now wondering who’s tailoring for him? How many suits he keeps in his closet?

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
We have seen good looking alpha gameplay footage before too. Pre-release material isn’t always the best barometer of final quality.

Hence the jump to conclusions point.
No, alpha footage is ALWAYS looking rough. You are confounding with target footage. On the opposite, we never had a Superman costume enhanced with CGI except for Cavill where they (only) added the cape in post-production for certain shots because it was easier for the actor to move.

And have you seen suits enhanced by CGI? They look nothing like what we have here and what makes me believe they wont touch it is because he don't have any marker for the CGI team:

5f0865d4aee6a870dd6d5a65
41D2A9CD00000578-4646014-image-a-22_1498629677361.jpg

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Can't really judge as they apply a lot of CGI to the suit in the final edits anyway

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
If nothing elss, I’m glad this appears to be a more classic wholesome take on Superman. I don’t need another conflicted or gritty version, just gimme the goody-two-shoes Justice League cartoon version.

Will have to wait till they CGI the hell out of it to really judge. If they don’t do that they may want to roll it around in the dirt and put it through the wash a dozen times to get that broken in look. 😄

I already had my doubts about this being (commercially) successful. If they're jumping right into having silly characters that nobody knows like Mr. Terrific tag along, I really think it'll be a tough sell to audiences who are moving on from superhero stuff anyway.

Not much difference on the Reeve ones, and let’s be honest, he was always the best Superman.
I loved Dean Cain portrayal of Superman. Because it was a series he had time to give us way more of him in the role than Reeve ever could, and he was for me very good as Clark.

No, alpha footage is ALWAYS looking rough. You are confounding with target footage.
It’s not, and I’m not. Here’s a recent alpha I actually participated in:

Then again maybe you are thinking of 2000s alpha when it meant something different. I noticed a lot of your examples are referencing things from almost 10-15 years ago.

On the opposite, we never had a Superman costume enhanced with CGI except for Cavill where they (only) added the cape in post-production for certain shots because it was easier for the actor to move.

And have you seen suits enhanced by CGI? They look nothing like what we have here and what makes me believe they wont touch it is because he don't have any marker for the CGI team:
And back to my point, again, we don’t know what James Gunn and crew are going to do when it comes to effects and production based on the pre-release material that we’ve seen. We will find out how their production methods differ when the final product is finally shown.

There’s no need to jump this heavily to a conclusion based on what we’ve seen so far.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
It’s not, and I’m not. Here’s a recent alpha I actually participated in:

This looks nothing like an alpha, this term has lost all his meaning a few years ago and is even used for qualifying demos especially in multiplayer titles like yours.

Then again maybe you are thinking of 2000s alpha when it meant something different. I noticed a lot of your examples are referencing things from almost 10-15 years ago.
That's because I'm comparing to previous Superman movies obviously.

And back to my point, again, we don’t know what James Gunn and crew are going to do when it comes to effects and production based on the pre-release material that we’ve seen. We will find out how their production methods differ when the final product is finally shown.

There’s no need to jump this heavily to a conclusion based on what we’ve seen so far.
Of course we don't. So I'll quote you once the trailer is out to see if it's that different. Yet judging with the official first look it's not gonna be changed. I hope to be proven wrong tho.

Last edited:

MonkD

No, alpha footage is ALWAYS looking rough. You are confounding with target footage. On the opposite, we never had a Superman costume enhanced with CGI except for Cavill where they (only) added the cape in post-production for certain shots because it was easier for the actor to move.

5f0865d4aee6a870dd6d5a65
41D2A9CD00000578-4646014-image-a-22_1498629677361.jpg
Iron Man isn't the best example of suit touchups if you're comparing it to Supes here. Take a look at Captain Marvel or Civil War. Suits are way baggier than in the final product.

FunkMiller

Looks like Clark got the gen z makeover.

Weirdly, this picture restores my faith a little bit.

If Gunn is willing to make Clark look as dorky as hell, he probably gets it.

Henry was far too suave and cool as Clark, because I don’t think Snyder had the self awareness to be anything other than ‘supercool’. But Superman really does need a little dorkiness to work. Bruce is the super cool one when out of the costume.

TrebleShot

Once met a kid who said his best feature was his fake permed hair that had the fade and hi top curls.
He said "all girls love me cos I have curly hair innit" made me smile. I guess this appeals to those kids.

SJRB

Gold Member
More shots including Frank Grillo who plays Rick Flagg and other characters.

God I hate how flubby and loose the suit's fit is.

Top Bottom