• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fuller House |OT| A Netflix Original Series

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calamari41

41 > 38
I'm glad I kept going after the pilot. The third episode is awesome. Joey babysitting is hilarious.

Edit: holy shit this episode is batshit crazy. Amazing.

The best part of it is Joey saying "you're welcome" to everyone and strutting out, leaving the house in an absolute mess.

Watched episode 11. Damn Steve.

tumblr_nctma5JAMC1qkoec9o1_400.gif

TVexperto

It took them one episode to find its footing because in the first one you can see they were nervous and the acting is a bit choppy but it gets so much better after that! also the kids were surprisingly good and not annyoing like in other tv shows (modern family)

Apdiddy

I didn't really like Episode 1 & 2 but Episode 3 is a friggin' homerun. Kimmy finding someone else annoying? Whoa.

Macy Gray's
lines and her appearance was also hilarious (although she sounded like she was reading them).

"'72 Pontiac has its lights on. Oh crap, that's mine."
"I won a Grammy, what am I doing here?"

Joey: You're welcome.

I'm there for the rest of the series. I don't binge watch but I will finish this.

This was fantastic. This was glorious. I loved this so much.

This is a perfect Full House successor. It does its job extremely well. If you loved the first series, you'll most likely love this. If you hated the first series, you'll hate this one too.

Fuck the reviewers, this perfectly executes what it's supposed to.

Give me more. More!

Just finished the season.

So freaking good.

Best scene goes to Episode 6 and Kimmie is
hating on Stephanie and jokes about her big boobs

SO good.

Wasn't really a fan of that one with it coming right after the episode
where you find out that Stephanie can't have kids. I know it wasn't intentional, but it felt like Kimmie being insensitive, even though she didn't know.

You took that was more different than anyone else I know.

I think it plays well with
how they were planning the dance to replace Kimmy's after her not so good one

MisterHero

Wasn't really a fan of that one with it coming right after the episode
where you find out that Stephanie can't have kids. I know it wasn't intentional, but it felt like Kimmie being insensitive, even though she didn't know.
You could see Steph looking hurt. I think it was intentionally placed; this show is establishing more story arcs than FH1 did in its first season.

I bet she can have a miracle baby if the show lasts long enough. There was an interview wiith one of the producers saying that one of the girls shouldn't have children; thus her condition. It's too early to shut Steph out.
:(

Downhome

Me and my wife are currently going through the series and we are on episode 7 right now as I type this. We both love it and we are completely in. I hope they make more seasons and keep it going. This is certainly not groundbreaking television, but it's just flat out good family fun. It's the type of sitcom that we haven't really seen much lately. I think it's way better than Girl Meets World since this one isn't targeted straight to kids but instead it's obviously aimed at the former fans of Full House that are now grown up, yet they keep it grounded enough so that it is great for a new generation of kids as well.

Here is the best way I would describe it, and I mean this in a very positive way. I'd sum it up by saying this show is incredibly "comfortable". It's a breath of fresh air in my opinion.

Pilgrimzero

Got to the episode where DJ goes on a date. How long has her husband been dead?

Also the Joey babysitting episode,
how did DJ not kill him for the huge mess he made and left?

border

Am I the only one that finds it hilarious that people are spoiler-tagging posts in a thread about Full House? Is there anyone so devoted and emotionally invested in this show that they'd feel ruined by learning a couple plot developments in advance?

netguy503

Am I the only one that finds it hilarious that people are spoiler-tagging posts in a thread about Full House? Is there anyone so devoted and emotionally invested in this show that they'd feel ruined by learning a couple plot developments in advance?

I wouldn't like joke set ups/ pay offs being ruined for me....so yes.

Avixph

Definitely in for a season 2, the show improved as it went on and it can only get better. Besides, it can't end until Michelle guest stars and they do the obligatory Disney World episode.
Why did most 80's and 90's sitcoms have a Walt Disney World episode?

People grew up with this show. To some, the characters may seem like a second family. So yeah, a certain level of emotional investment shouldn't be surprising. I mean, you have some people saying the first episode even brought them to tears.

I'd hate to have jokes ruined for me too.

Toa TAK

Banned
Well that was a fun run. Here's hoping for another season. It's great to see the three actress being able to hold their own and rule the show. Favorite episode is probably 3. Dirty Dancing.

bengraven

Almost felt like a parody reunion in the first episode until the latter half.

I love it though.

- the kids are top notch - all three are brilliantly acted. I'm not annoyed by them at all. The only one who doesn't have much to work with, but is already charming and passable is DJ's oldest. The clean freak and Gibbler's daughter are already awesome. Speaking of which...

- "they're so white!"

- "do you have any idea how much this house is worth?" Reminded me of a discussion about how she could never afford to own the house.

- The writing is much better than the first show already. There are some pretty clever in-jokes as well as witty lines that I didn't expect from a show like this. The hidden adult jokes are great.

I came in to know what this is all about, but the OT is just a link... lol Goddamn, must be really bad then. :p

Have you even read the thread? We're all having a great time with the show, for the most part.

Futureman

I guess it makes sense that the show is mainly the 3 girls raising all boys (opposite of the original), but it was disappointing when I realized Danny, Jesse and Joey aren't really in this that much.

Watched the first 2 eps and it's decent enough. The middle boy is pretty damn funny honestly. I was reading on IMDB the oldest boy doesn't want to be in a season 2.

iosefe

ah kimmie, a good source of comedy.

ep 13:
I don't need no man! [Beat.] i'm going out there to marry fernando

such a chuckle

Avixph

I guess it makes sense that the show is mainly the 3 girls raising all boys (opposite of the original), but it was disappointing when I realized Danny, Jesse and Joey aren't really in this that much.

Watched the first 2 eps and it's decent enough. The middle boy is pretty damn funny honestly. I was reading on IMDB the oldest boy doesn't want to be in a season 2.

Can you post a link to that?

BIG_V-G-V

Banned
Just got done binging this. Got damn that was excellent! Enjoyed every minute of it! After growing up w/ the original this felt like a very worthy continuation! The Michelle jokes were so well done lol. Here's to hoping we see another season which I'm sure we will!

I'm glad I kept going after the pilot. The third episode is awesome. Joey babysitting is hilarious.

Edit: holy shit this episode is batshit crazy. Amazing.

Macy Gray: "I won a Grammy, what am I doing here?" lol

The humor is very self aware this time, I like that.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
How did Netflix not get the old show to stream?

It's streaming on Netflix Japan. They added it the day they added Fuller.

I imagine it's because most Japanese people wouldn't know the old show.

LycanXIII

- Big Shocker! Michael Campion will be leaving. Franklin revealed that Campion has to exit due to accepting a "different opportunity." Jackson will be in the first two episodes, with his exit storyline focusing on teen bullying and it's "oftentimes tragic consequences."

Uhhhhh...

- For DJ, however, it seems like love will be put on hold. "The first season was about coming to that realization. That DJ just isn't ready yet. And with Jackson going away to school, she decides to focus more on her friendships than her romantic relationships."

Oh, okay. They should have definitely included that in the first note about him leaving.

It's so much better with them just showing up from time to time honestly. Allows DJ, Steph and Kimmy to really shine.

I thought that was going to be my biggest problem, with the series the lack of the Danny, Jesse, Joey, but it ended up being a strong point I think, neither Saget or Coulier really have it in them to go every episode I think. Stamos though, fuck yes.

Side note lol all the names fucking rhyme even Becky....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom