• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga | Trailer

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
FRIOSA_VERT_CCXP_1sht_2764x4096_DOM.jpg

Directed by George Miller. With Anya Taylor-Joy, Chris Hemsworth, Tom Burke, Angus Sampson

Last edited:
Looks horrible to me. Way too much cgi and depth of field....Looks a million times inferior to the previous Mad Max.

fKETswT.jpg

Dafuk is this garbage lmao?

9n1L7rW.jpg

AI generated city?

Yeah, I officially lost hope for the movie industry. Its fucking dead to me. Guess I'll just stick to rewatching old stuff.

TVexperto

Looks horrible to me. Way too much cgi and depth of field....Looks a million times inferior to the previous Mad Max.

fKETswT.jpg

Dafuk is this garbage lmao?

9n1L7rW.jpg

AI generated city?

Yeah, I officially lost hope for the movie industry. Its fucking dead to me. Guess I'll just stick to rewatching old stuff.
looks like spykids on netflix and like bad cosplay....

why does alot of the shots all look CG?

spy-kids-netflix-1648677046464.jpg

Last edited:

Billbofet

This looks like a tv show version of a much superior movie it is based on.
ATJ cannot pull this character off without it feeling like she's acting. Charlize she ain't. Disney-level CG.
Plus, if it's a backstory, there's no tension when you see a bunch of characters from the future version of it.
Fury Road is one of my favorite movies, so it's probably why I'm so harsh, yet if it wasn't based on this IP, it would look like generic trash, so I'm torn...

Laieon

The adrenaline rush of non stop action in FR wore off very quickly for me, and I've just never been able to get that high watching it that apparently so many others have been able to get. It's one of two movies I've fallen asleep in theaters watching, the other being Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. I like ATJ quite a bit, but this trailer did nothing for me.

looks like spykids on netflix and like bad cosplay....

why does alot of the shots all look CG?

spy-kids-netflix-1648677046464.jpg

Hot take: Spy Kids is a better movie than Fury Road. The CG in this trailer definitely looks laughably bad for a big budget movie though.

Last edited:

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
HELL YEAH. Mad Max is one of my favorite film series. Can't wait.
This trailer looks oddly synthetic, wondering if the final effects will look the same way. Kind of reminds me of the RAGE 2 announcement teaser, or like one of those digital backlot movies (300, Sin City—Spy Kids, as was mentioned above).

dispensergoinup

Gold Member
Not sure if I dig the Borderlands 3 poster, but it's something!

Edit: That title card reveal with her looking down on Joe is amazing.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
This is why men die earlier than women. I waited 7 fucking years for this movie and George Miller crafts this cg fuckfest. WTF. THe first movie was praised because of its reliance on stunts and practical effects. it was impossible to spot cg in the first one. here its everywhere.

Our fucking heroes letting us down.

At least Anna Taylor Joy looks the part. but my god why so much cg??!!?!!

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
I love Taylor-Joy and I love this franchise

But what the fuck happened here? Way too much CGI and lack of CGI and using all natural and practical effects is what made the franchise so special in the first place.

Fuck man. Well…

Off to reinstall Avalanches Mad Max 2015

Last edited:

j0hnnix

At least it's directed by Miller.. but yeah, I'm not excited for this at all.. I saw it come up during cowboy game commercial and shrugged it off.. and I love anything Mad Max but this looks like a direct to VHS.

Fury Road had tons of CGI and compositing. Like all the terrain they were driving over, all the canyon walls... and one of Tom Hardy's ears because they dropped a subplot of him hearing that drad kid through an earpiece. If you go back to the original teaser it has unfinished effects and comps. But nothing as horrible as the "chariot" shot lmao

Fbh

WTF happened to the visuals?
Fury Road was such a brilliant mix of practical and digital effects, but almost every shot in this trailer looks horrible. CG and greenscreen galore.

SlimySnake

WTF happened to the visuals?
Fury Road was such a brilliant mix of practical and digital effects, but almost every shot in this trailer looks horrible. CG and greenscreen galore.
they shot the whole movie in green screen

and not the new UE5 screens most tv shows and movies use nowadays. this is literally green screen stuff used by snyder in 300.

House of dragon and mandalorian look better than this.

Fbh

they shot the whole movie in green screen

and not the new UE5 screens most tv shows and movies use nowadays. this is literally green screen stuff used by snyder in 300.

House of dragon and mandalorian look better than this.
Steve Harvey Reaction GIF

Well damn hype completely gone.
I mean the world and characters are fun but it was the visual spectacle that made Fury Road special.

This looks like some straight to DVD sequel. "Mad Max: a Disney Channel original"

Madflavor

Gold Member
From what I understand, as awesome as Fury Road was with it's usage of practical effects and stunts, filming it was an absolute nightmare. Like it was legit one of the most difficult to shoot action films in history. So my guess is that 78 year old George Miller didn't have it in him to go through that again.

The noticeable CGI effects are a disappointment, but I can appreciate that the film looks highly stylized which could make up for that.

Trogdor1123

From what I understand, as awesome as Fury Road was with it's usage of practical effects and stunts, filming it was an absolute nightmare. Like it was legit one of the most difficult to shoot action films in history. So my guess is that 78 year old George Miller didn't have it in him to go through that again.

The noticeable CGI effects are a disappointment, but I can appreciate that the film looks highly stylized which could make up for that.
They also to film it in some country that had “different” rules on safety or something, didn’t they?

SlimySnake

Steve Harvey Reaction GIF

Well damn hype completely gone.
I mean the world and characters are fun but it was the visual spectacle that made Fury Road special.

This looks like some straight to DVD sequel. "Mad Max: a Disney Channel original"
Yep. this is why i just laugh at people who put these video game and movie people up on a pedestal. no, they dont know everything. yes, they are prone to making massive mistakes. this is such an unforced error. the movie was loved because it didnt look cg in a sea of cg movies. so you make the sequel a cg fest? absolutely idiotic choice.

this is what fury road looked like btw. it too had cg but it didnt feel like it.

1401807816032418708.gif

WebbedExaltedHarvestmen.gif

Even the fully CG scenes were tastefully done.

tumblr_inline_nolsayDg1z1sc9t21_500.gifv

Maybe Tarrantino has the right idea. Directors should just quit after 10 movies.

SlimySnake

yeah, but those challenges are precisely why it was nominated for all those oscars and won pretty much all of them. its why the movie was such a massive global success. especially for an r rated movie.

to get away from that just because its hard and follow current cg norms when everyone is fucking sick of them is all kinds of lame.

Top Bottom