• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FurryGAF |OT| They should have sent a veterinarian

You and me both :p

jCeGMDq.jpg

I'm working on a comission myself at the moment, a bit larger in scope than I'm used to. Being a huge pile of work, but I'm not entirely displeased with how it's turning out:

Mnp1U43.jpg

The initial sketches to get a feel for the dropship the guy described. I've never really drawn technical stuff before, so I knew this would be a pain.

NoZOv3F.jpg

Concept sketches so the commissioner could decide what kind of angle they wanted.

CctnBm4.jpg

Early speedpaint (10 minutes) to get a feel for scale, scope, tone, etc.

qMJT6dC.jpg

Because I suck at drawing nonorganic stuff, I decided to quickly learn Blender and model the dropship to use as a reference in 3D space, to make the drawing easier.

qMSCRgf.jpg

Close-up (almost real scale) of the painting so far.

dNomLyA.jpg

The full painting so far. Got some work left to do on it, regarding detail paints and stuff, but I'm dragging my heels. I'd love to be able to paint more detail into the backdrop, but they're not paying me THAT much, and I think it's fine at the detail level it is now. I love painting scenery.

eLjRLiG.png

Actual scale of the painting. I think I ended up making the scene too big, so the final will be a closer crop, losing some of the background, but whatevs.

I'm working on a comission myself at the moment, a bit larger in scope than I'm used to. Being a huge pile of work, but I'm not entirely displeased with how it's turning out:

Hey, it actually looks pretty nice. Bet the final version is going to be nicer, especially if you spend the time to do so. (Just don't make the amount of time "too long".)

As for me, well... I'm beginning my computer graphics class and things like setting up a basic OpenGL program. For what? To... render things.

Hey, it actually looks pretty nice. Bet the final version is going to be nicer, especially if you spend the time to do so. (Just don't make the amount of time "too long".)

Thanks. It's always a balancing act between how long it takes to do things, and how much you get paid. I'm running up against the wall in terms of time (spent almost two weeks on this piece already), so I'm going to have to do some detail work just to tidy up some things, then call it finished.

The funny thing is, this will be the third piece I've done for this person, and to my eye, each one looks like it was done by a different artist:

CAgmQN3.jpg

From 2012

VDA1Rsk.jpg

From 2013

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
I've told Miktar for a while now he has an eye for natural landscapes, and their volume, texture, and color.

Br6gT5CCEAAn3_0.jpg

A badge made by a local fur named PandaParty of my fursona for NW CampCon. A camping trip/con up in the Cascades of Washington, should be tons of fun.

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
My brown bunny ears and tail arrived today.

Wearing the tail I feel both massively adorable and massively stupid.

So of course I'm loving it. :3

I flew out to California to see Gattuso this weekend. His phone was in a perpetual state of battery near-death so it fell to me to take pictures; except I don't really take pictures, so there's not much to show.

We went to this giant swap meet thing that's held two times a week and marveled at all the different booths, the sheer breadth of Magic and Yu-Gi-Oh cards on display, and also the complete shitshow that was parking. Most of which I didn't actually photograph. Gosh, I am really bad at this.

Here's the two of us displaying Britney Spears-tier excitement levels. (Despite what it looks like, we actually did have a lot of fun.)

And though I at least had the presence of mind to get a pic of the two of us together, I didn't think to take one that demonstrates our amusing height difference (he's almost a foot taller than me!). Next time. :3

[Removed pictures. Ask me for them if you want copies for some reason.]

^

you have been visited by the muscle doge of shibe
hyper muscles and cardiac arrest will come to you
but only if you post "thanks doge" in this thread

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
^

you have been visited by the muscle doge of shibe
hyper muscles and cardiac arrest will come to you
but only if you post "thanks doge" in this thread

It's fantasy, he can have a buff body and still not have roid problems!

Top Bottom