• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FurryGAF |OT| They should have sent a veterinarian

Awesome comic I found from http://iguanamouth.tumblr.com/

tumblr_n5rt6melp11r1dqpyo1_1280.png

tumblr_n5rt6melp11r1dqpyo2_1280.png

tumblr_n5rt6melp11r1dqpyo3_1280.png

tumblr_n5rt6melp11r1dqpyo4_1280.png

tumblr_n5rt6melp11r1dqpyo5_1280.png

tumblr_n5rt6melp11r1dqpyo6_1280.png

tumblr_n5rt6melp11r1dqpyo7_1280.png

tumblr_n5rt6melp11r1dqpyo8_1280.png

tumblr_n5rt6melp11r1dqpyo9_1280.png

tumblr_n5rt6melp11r1dqpyo10_1280.png

Refyref

I've been to a bowling alley exactly once... I remember because my friend lent me Arcanum that day.

Interesting location :)

Bowling is fun! Although I admit I like the arcade machines there more than the actual bowling, but it's still fun!

EDIT: But how does one bowl in a fursuit?

Bowling is fun! Although I admit I like the arcade machines there more than the actual bowling, but it's still fun!

EDIT: But how does one bowl in a fursuit?
Either ball is custom made to accommodate the paws, doing it granny style, or using that thing that handicapped people use when they bowl. Though it's mostly doing granny style from what I saw at the meet.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
So someone is trying to make a Wolf O'Donnell week in FA because he's not in Smash 4. Not that I need to participate, since I already did my dues.

Foxyone

It might seem like a weird question, but what kind of ways are there to express furriness? I've felt the urge to do more furry-related stuff recently, so I tried out drawing, but did terribly, so was wondering what other kinds of things there might be.

It might seem like a weird question, but what kind of ways are there to express furriness? I've felt the urge to do more furry-related stuff recently, so I tried out drawing, but did terribly, so was wondering what other kinds of things there might be.

I don't even bother to try to express it. I just kind of...well, being "there". It's hard to explain, though.

I don't even actively seek out any sort of recognition.

(Miktar, what happened to your avvy?)

There's always other media to work with if you have the inclination. I like to write and occasionally roleplay, myself, and if you're musically talented that's an option too.

I think my best advice is to socialize, which is funny because I'm basically the world's biggest introvert. If I'm going through a period where my feeling of "otherness" is exceptionally strong, I find that talking with other furries tends to re-center me and calm me down. I feel comfortable taking the leash off around folks who think like I do—or who can at least sympathize with those kinds of thoughts, even if they might not share them to the same degree. Conventions or meetups can be awesome for this, too, depending on your tolerance for crowds.

Refyref

I've been thinking of maybe trying writing some stories, but there's so many things that I've started writing and never finished...

I think this one is adorable :3

tumblr_nbpt05oiub1tl0qfho1_1280.jpg

(I don't know how to make the picture smaller though :/)

That's the fursona of RadyWolf, the one who made that suit. They do great work, and indeed have an adorable fursona. (Quotes make images smaller.)

I've been thinking of maybe trying writing some stories, but there's so many things that I've started writing and never finished...

Oh man, join the club. ^^; You should give it a shot anyway! I'd love to check out whatever you come up with, even if it's incomplete.

Foxyone

That's the fursona of RadyWolf, the one who made that suit. They do great work, and indeed have an adorable fursona. (Quotes make images smaller.)

I thought something about the suit looked familar. I found out that I have actually liked some of his youtube videos about moving fursuit eyes / jaw.

Edit: If I ever want a fursuit at some point in the future, I think I know who to buy from :3

Refyref

Oh man, join the club. ^^; You should give it a shot anyway! I'd love to check out whatever you come up with, even if it's incomplete.

First I'll have to finish and actually type up the things I've already got started. Maybe this weekend.

Edit: If I ever want a fursuit at some point in the future, I think I know who to buy from :3

It'll probably be very expensive, but then again, they all are.

I thought something about the suit looked familar. I found out that I have actually liked some of his youtube videos about moving fursuit eyes / jaw.

It'll probably be very expensive, but then again, they all are.

Here's the prices for suit commissions from their website
Full Suit (Digitigrade): Starting at $2,700
Full Suit (Plantigrade): Starting at $2,300
Half-Suit: Starting at $1,700
Head only: Starting at $800
Realistic Head only: Starting at $900
And they require a 50% deposit if you do want a commission from them
This doesn't include a few other things to consider, like paypal fees for transferring money to them for payments, shipping of the DTD(Duct-Tape Dummy) to them and of the fursuit to you (Via EMS).

I'm gonna say that while yes that's pretty expensive, but generally if you want a good suit you are gonna have to pay at least a bit more to have one made. And generally from what I've heard from other furs I've chatted with your gonna get a lot of millage out of the suits in how long they last when your usually paying that much for a suit.
They are on my radar in terms of fursuit makers I am interested of maybe getting a suit made from, others are Made Fur You and MixedCandy, but we'll see

It does make me wonder about this - should I ever get an outfit, I'd probably opt for something less suit-y and something more...hmm, maybe a hoodie or kigu will do... (I don't really like the idea of a suit.)

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
It does make me wonder about this - should I ever get an outfit, I'd probably opt for something less suit-y and something more...hmm, maybe a hoodie or kigu will do... (I don't really like the idea of a suit.)

I have a bunny ears hat and a belt-looped tail and it is exactly as bunny as I need to be.

And I can wear it out in public without being too weird. :3

Foxyone

I think a hat with ears, and maybe a tail would be ok for me. Was also a bit interested in something like paw warmers because they seem kinda cute to me (and maybe fine to wear around college in winter):

3100-00.jpg

Chuck

Still without luck
I think a hat with ears, and maybe a tail would be ok for me. Was also a bit interested in something like paw warmers because they seem kinda cute to me (and maybe fine to wear around college in winter):

3100-00.jpg

yeah you could wear those winter time no problem.

also unrelated but that new null is certainly something...

Heh, warmers...I've never tried any one of them, seeing as I live someplace where it's simply not necessary. These would probably be used as something for personal enjoyment if they were given to me.
I'm also not quite going for a fuzzy look, either way.

Chuck

Still without luck
Embarrassed just watching that :/

On a similar note to that, I sometimes get weirded out / embarrassed watching videos of people fursuiting at places, even if the suits are adorable. What about you guys?

yes. But I find most awkward videos difficult to watch.

Foxyone

Hmm...it's been a while since this iteration of the thread was created. How did you guys end up here, anyway?

Just googled "Neogaf furry" one day to see if there was any furry-related stuff here. Was interested because there was a furry thread on Battlelog (which is actually where I happened to meet my partner).

Just googled "Neogaf furry" one day to see if there was any furry-related stuff here. Was interested because there was a furry thread on Battlelog (which is actually where I happened to meet my partner).

Heh.

At least...well, mine's kinda...strange. Check my past thread history for further details. It's still something that I kind of need to shake off my general perception...but I guess I really feel like that.

Foxyone

Heh.

At least...well, mine's kinda...strange. Check my past thread history for further details. It's still something that I kind of need to shake off my general perception...but I guess I really feel like that.

Not sure what to look for specifically tbh, aside from a lot of the pokemon threads.

Foxyone

This might be what he meant, at least mostly.

I did see a few posts similar to that one too. I'm sure there's plenty of people though that have a strong desire to be something else only present in fantasy sometimes though, even if they don't voice it; there's so many awesome ideas / concepts that video games and other media introduce that it's hard not to imagine being a part of some of them.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
I did see a few posts similar to that one too. I'm sure there's plenty of people though that have a strong desire to be something else only present in fantasy sometimes though, even if they don't voice it; there's so many awesome ideas / concepts that video games and other media introduce that it's hard not to imagine being a part of some of them.

There's a reason why so many people in fantasy fandom have elf costumes and makeup. To the outsider it might not seem like much - just a human with funny ears? But to people into the lore I've found it's pretty significant. The elf is still at some fundamental level not human, especially psychologically and culturally.

But it's all natural. Humans project themselves onto thing that aren't human, looking for commonalities, but people are also stimulated by differences. In my experience, it's related to multiplicity of self; how it's a false belief that everyone only has one true persona. (AKA, the Zuckerberg marketing spiel for Facebook.) Some are just more fluid than others in their identity, and are quite comfortable projecting themselves onto something fantastically different from their external appearance.

Ever changed what you think you would be like during your life? I think I have actually changed things slightly over time.

In fact, things didn't really start out with that thread - things actually got themselves going a few more years before that. Sometimes I dreamed, then wanted to be something rather more like a crocodile than something draconic, but still anthropomorphic.

(I'm on the phone.)

Refyref

Yes, definitely.

There's a reason why so many people in fantasy fandom have elf costumes and makeup. To the outsider it might not seem like much - just a human with funny ears? But to people into the lore I've found it's pretty significant. The elf is still at some fundamental level not human, especially psychologically and culturally.

But it's all natural. Humans project themselves onto thing that aren't human, looking for commonalities, but people are also stimulated by differences. In my experience, it's related to multiplicity of self; how it's a false belief that everyone only has one true persona. (AKA, the Zuckerberg marketing spiel for Facebook.) Some are just more fluid than others in their identity, and are quite comfortable projecting themselves onto something fantastically different from their external appearance.

As usual, you manage to say all that is needed to be said about this point. (I'd like to say that that Facebook spiel is why I'm not fond of the site, but it's actually just because I just can't bother using it. :p)

EDIT:
Ever changed what you think you would be like during your life? I think I have actually changed things slightly over time.

For sure, and in so many fields. Not always slightly, as well.

Speaking of changing what I want to be, to be honest, I think I have managed to change a lot of life goals. Who knows what will change again in the future.

Things probably won't stay in the same state forever, I think. Sometimes I just have to let things go to make way for new things. That is when you realize that you try to cling onto certain things for a very long time. Far too long...

Sorry for going on a personal tangent here.

Foxyone

Speaking of changing what I want to be, to be honest, I think I have managed to change a lot of life goals. Who knows what will change again in the future.

Things probably won't stay in the same state forever, I think. Sometimes I just have to let things go to make way for new things. That is when you realize that you try to cling onto certain things for a very long time. Far too long...

Sorry for going on a personal tangent here.

I feel like I change too much over time for my own good. My interests keep changing; I wanted to be an engineer in high school, a neuroscientist a few years ago, and now that I nearly have a degree in Biochemistry, I dunno if I would even want to be in a lab :/

I feel like I change too much over time for my own good. My interests keep changing; I wanted to be an engineer in high school, a neuroscientist a few years ago, and now that I nearly have a degree in Biochemistry, I dunno if I would even want to be in a lab :/

I used to want to deal with architecture. Now I'm going on a Computer Science course. Guess I really liked computer-y stuff in the end.

Foxyone

I used to want to deal with architecture. Now I'm going on a Computer Science course. Guess I really liked computer-y stuff in the end.

I have a friend that went from being a mechanic to learning computer science stuff. Given my obsession with computer hardware for the last year or two, I might be headed in that direction too :/

Back on the topic of perhaps being something other than a human, I'm well aware that I'll always be human, but I've had a few phases in which I had become fixed on something that I thought represented my "inner self" (the collection of my thoughts and feelings, rather than my physical form), which in my case happened to be a female anthro fox representing my inner self (much to my bf's dismay), although such a thing would only ever be the product of fantasy. I guess that's why all my interest in career options played some role, direct or indirect, in technology related to VR, so that maybe we humans can experience our fantasies as if they were realities; hopefully at some point in my lifetime.

Refyref

I always thought I'd work in the technological field for sure, but am beginning to rethink it this days. Maybe it's because I'm currently studying the side of it I hate, or maybe it's something else.

Back on the topic of perhaps being something other than a human, I'm well aware that I'll always be human, but I've had a few phases in which I had become fixed on something that I thought represented my "inner self" (the collection of my thoughts and feelings, rather than my physical form), which in my case happened to be a female anthro fox representing my inner self (much to my bf's dismay), although such a thing would only ever be the product of fantasy. I guess that's why all my interest in career options played some role, direct or indirect, in technology related to VR, so that maybe we humans can experience our fantasies as if they were realities; hopefully at some point in my lifetime.

There were times were I also wanted the world to be vastly different in that regard, although not for myself.

EDIT:

I am just wondering how to make them...workable in terms of computer graphics.

On another topic, I think the ad networks are onto me being a furry...

Ads usually scan the page and display ones compatible with keywords it finds. :p

I always thought I'd work in the technological field for sure, but am beginning to rethink it this days. Maybe it's because I'm currently studying the side of it I hate, or maybe it's something else.

There were times were I also wanted the world to be vastly different in that regard, although not for myself.

EDIT:

Ads usually scan the page and display ones compatible with keywords it finds. :p

It does make you feel a bit creeped out when when you know why it happens.

Sometimes I just like things the way things are right now, and actively try to ensure it stays that way. Apparently it doesn't applies to my wishes! (That might be a good thing.)

I still wonder if I will somehow end up with a career choice that is completely unrelated...

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
HEY!

FurGAF! Sorry I haven't been as active here as I'd have liked. I have been, shall we say, busy.

So, anyone going to RainFurrest?

Foxyone

I started checking out FA for like the first time ever recently. It seems like the more I look at furry stuff though, the more tempted I am to get even more involved in the community, but I don't know any irl furries, nor do I have any sort of accessories aside from a hat with fox ears (that I'm already too shy to wear). :(

Top Bottom