• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FurryGAF |OT| They should have sent a veterinarian

Zootopia making a shitload of money makes me happy because i wrote a talking animal people book and am sending it to publishing houses. I can go, "see! 70 mil its opening weekend! There's gotta be something here"

also good movies should make their money and then some.

Fuck Zootopia was such a good flick.

Demoskinos

What maymay said. Best with a big group as well.

And speaking of Zootopia, since its box off office legs have been so good, it looks like it very well might take over bats v soups. Cray.

That's not actually that surprising tbh. Zack Snyder can make movies visually interesting to look at from a pure spectacle standpoint but his actual directing skills are something to be desired IMO. Then there is also the part where Superhero movies at this point are so god damn played out.

And then we have a movie like Zootopia which has quality animation good voice acting and its enjoyable enough for kids but still at the same time tackles topics like racism and xenophobia with a fair amount of grace.

It's interesting how it relied on... speciesism (?) and implicit assumptions the audience brings in to make commentary on a lot of isms at once, without making a directly obvious 1-1 relation. It was well done IMO, especially in that key scene around 2/3 of the way through.

Chuck

Still without luck
this just in

Cartoon Fox Takes Over Nation
"I just want him to lick my face", impressionable teen remarks.

badrang

We will defeat the Communist Menace with our FURRY PROPOGANDA!

Hey. These are words. That I read. I read these words. In the Wall Street Journal. A prestigious news publication. I, uh, honestly can't even contextualize reality anymore.

Well anytime there is an article about Disney's robin hood, there is a guarantee that one of comment threads gets started when someone admits that they want to bone him. It should be an internet law by now.

People love them some furry foxes/

DonMigs85

I shared this in the "Awesome" Fan Art thread but methinks it's worth sharing here too
51fab78bb8eff8be77adc1b79b2d9e75.jpg

-Ryn

Banned
Well anytime there is an article about Disney's robin hood, there is a guarantee that one of comment threads gets started when someone admits that they want to bone him. It should be an internet law by now.

People love them some furry foxes/
That's because Furry Foxes are the GOAT

I shared this in the "Awesome" Fan Art thread but methinks it's worth sharing here too
51fab78bb8eff8be77adc1b79b2d9e75.jpg
I can't help but hear an Australian accent coming from Nick. Reminds me of that movie with the Australian guy and the business girl who end up running a ranch out back with a small boy who's on about "Walk About" and then the Japanese invade more than anything.

Art is pretty rad too.

Wanderer5

Couldn't resist them doggy ears for my Mii on Miitomo, even with the new ninja stuff.:3

Gets other canine stuff on there like wolf related, and I might be interested more.:p

Actually it would be kind of awesome to have some of those Japanese animal masks or such.

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
Zootopia making a shitload of money makes me happy because i wrote a talking animal people book and am sending it to publishing houses. I can go, "see! 70 mil its opening weekend! There's gotta be something here"

Best of luck! I hope you succeed just so I can take my next book to a different publisher and be like "they're doing talking animal people books, why aren't you?"

This is how the revolution starts, not with a bang, but with a bark

Best of luck! I hope you succeed just so I can take my next book to a different publisher and be like "they're doing talking animal people books, why aren't you?"

This is how the revolution starts, not with a bang, but with a bark
I hope it comes to that. God knows all the agents I sent it to weren't interested.

The problem is it takes most publishing houses like six months to find what you send because the slush pile is so very real. One day Tor will notice me ._.

Also, I thought you self published?

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
Also, I thought you self published?

I did, but I'm willing to go with a publisher for something down the line. I'll sorta have to if I do write that programmer-focused book I've been toying with, but it'd be nice to also have my fiction "properly" published. Mostly because it'd signal that someone seriously values my work.

I did, but I'm willing to go with a publisher for something down the line. I'll sorta have to if I do write that programmer-focused book I've been toying with, but it'd be nice to also have my fiction "properly" published. Mostly because it'd signal that someone seriously values my work.
That's where I'm at too. People ask me why I don't just self publish because it's a thing to do now, and it's like, "but i want to find my book in a store! It means someone thinks I did good cept my friends/family who are obligated to think I did good"

But god damn is it a long, long ride with a lot of sad.

At least your home screen is rad as fuk

Indeed, isn't it? Though I wish the lock screen beta thingy went anywhere... It's really boring to have nothing but MSN weather being viable choices other than a normal wallpaper.

I wonder how furry I am, really. Sometimes I guess I kind of peter out, but on other times I get really into it... it's strange, kind of like swinging between extremes.

Kater

Banned
For many people who don't work as furry artist they find themselves drawn to other things from time to time that are not related with the community or the art or any of it. Doesn't mean you are less of a furry. Same thing with people call themselves sport fans and then don't even watch their soccer matches for a week or two. And yet they are still sport fans. ;)

-Ryn

Banned
Great fluffy balls of FURRY Batman!

Zootopia is fantastic!

Saw it, loved it, want to watch it again. I just don't even know what to say. It was beautiful, well written, and covered some really heavy topics superbly while managing to keep the movie as a whole very upbeat.

Indeed, isn't it? Though I wish the lock screen beta thingy went anywhere... It's really boring to have nothing but MSN weather being viable choices other than a normal wallpaper.

I wonder how furry I am, really. Sometimes I guess I kind of peter out, but on other times I get really into it... it's strange, kind of like swinging between extremes.
Yeah I was bummed out with the Windows phone lack of apps. It's a really cool phone so it deserves more.

I always find myself coming back to it. Even when I lose interest I almost always enjoy furry content when I come across it. What do you mean by peter out?

MayMay

Banned
The whole thing about vallhunds fiancée needing $24,000 to afford a surgery is so fucked up. That's so much money. I guess the silver lining is that they get it reimbursed by the insurance company after they pay the money up front - still though.

Wish I had the funds to donate something. The US really does not fuck around with their medical bills.. >_< Only today I read a journal of another artist that got hit by a 4300$ hospital bill.

Been thinking that I probably should start looking at some real-life references for drawing characters. Know any large(-ish) reptiles that would make a good base for a dragon anthro?

FoxSpirit

Pangolions? Various lizards? Don't go by size, go by how scales look n stuff. Crocodile skin is also a classic.

Also, guys, GUYS.
I found this awesome, awesome fananimation someone did for Kesha's "Die Young"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PKNuZovuSw

Girl has mad skills, also a ton of props to the colorist, ace job. And of course shoutouts to all the guest and assistants, quite the effort. Smoooooth.

Pangolions? Various lizards? Don't go by size, go by how scales look n stuff. Crocodile skin is also a classic.

Also, guys, GUYS.
I found this awesome, awesome fananimation someone did for Kesha's "Die Young"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PKNuZovuSw

Girl has mad skills, also a ton of props to the colorist, ace job. And of course shoutouts to all the guest and assistants, quite the effort. Smoooooth.
I recently discovered that vid too (I think sometime in January) and it's basically made me enjoy a Kesha song, which I thought would be impossible.

The webcomic is pretty good though updates are SOOOOOOOOOOOO SLOOOOOOOOOW

The_Kid

I'm honestly amazed that 2 Gryphon gets so much support, to the point actively avoiding cons he plays at limits my optioms to like 2 cons. He's like physical manifestation of the "2 edgy" meme.

Hedge

I'm honestly amazed that 2 Gryphon gets so much support, to the point actively avoiding cons he plays at limits my optioms to like 2 cons. He's like physical manifestation of the "2 edgy" meme.

That name sounds oddly familiar. Like a name I havent't heard in years.
Is it a person? An artist?

Top Bottom