• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Futureshop: Gears of War 2 LE Pre-order Bonus

Zzoram

10113682.jpg

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/Pr...13682&catid=10869&newdeptid=22&test_cookie=1#

Any US retailers getting this?

Guled

anyword on the Hammerburt? Also, do I have to pre order or can I just pick it up on the day it comes out and still get it. BTW, its only worth 20$, they just put 200 so no1 else buys it

Zzoram said:
They put random prices on pre-order bonus items, you can't buy them separately.
Oh ok. I think I'll buy the figure through Amazon. Looks pretty sweet. What I really want is a Carmine figure. I saw one before but it was for Comic-Con only I believe. Does anyone know if they're selling it now?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Amazon sent me an email about it. Though it's not a preorder bonus, you have to buy it separately.

whitehawk

Banned
Wait do you actually get that if you pre-order in Canada? Holy shit I'm changing my pre-order since EBgames isn't doing midnight anyway..

But what's the deal with the hammerburst..

Zzoram

Kadey said:
Amazon sent me an email about it. Though it's not a preorder bonus, you have to buy it separately.

From the game Gears of War 2 comes this "Headshot" Locust Drone action figure. It includes a real metal COG tags. *This bonus is free with your purchase of Gears Of War 2 Limited Edition (XBOX 360) (Web id: 10112798). This bonus gift is not for sale. Not applicable to previous purchases and not to be purchased separately - any gifts ordered separately will be cancelled. While supplies last.

whitehawk

Banned
I just called the young and eglington location, and he said you get a COG tag or that doll thing, but he's not sure yet on the details, so he said to call tomorrow and he'll have more info.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Zzoram said:
From the game Gears of War 2 comes this "Headshot" Locust Drone action figure. It includes a real metal COG tags. *This bonus is free with your purchase of Gears Of War 2 Limited Edition (XBOX 360) (Web id: 10112798). This bonus gift is not for sale. Not applicable to previous purchases and not to be purchased separately - any gifts ordered separately will be cancelled. While supplies last.

Not in the U.S it ain't.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001E4SSO6/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I think it's funny it says U.S exclusive when it obviously isn't.

Then again, I guess it works out. We get a free lancer with preorder from Amazon.

whitehawk

Banned
Firestorm said:
It'd be pretty funny if it was $200. Price match the $20 - 10% off the difference = $2 :D
Couldn't you like.. Technically do that? I mean it let's you take the item to the checkout.

aparisi2274

I took the same pic at the NYCC this year of that figure..

2423664105_e9363585f0.jpg

at least its finally coming out... I wonder how much it is alone...

whitehawk

Banned
aparisi2274 said:
I took the same pic at the NYCC this year of that figure..

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2114/2423664105_e9363585f0.jpg[IMG]

[B]at least its finally coming out... I wonder how much it is alone...[/B][/QUOTE]$20

I already have that locust but with a head, so pass :p

First thing I thought was that the futureshop staff are all going to take one home and probably stop a few pre order people even getting or knowing about one, hate that kind of shit :/

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
Guled said:
dam, now I don't know where to buy it :(
If EB really is giving it away with a preorder that sounds like the better way to go. Midnight launches in our frozen tundra in November suck :(

Riptwo

Blockbuster Canada are doing midnight launches with golden Hammerbursts as well. Not sure if we get the Best Buy pre-order, but the Lancer is also available at amazon.ca

Apparently Future Shop are also giving out coupons for Gears 2 with trade-ins, similar to the Fable II/LBP deal. I can't find the details on the site, but apparently you trade in two games and get a coupon for something like $20 off the game in addition to your trade-in credit. Not too shabby.

pr0cs

it's not obvious if you have to order online with shipping to get that bonus. if you could order it and pick it up on launch day i'd be all over that.

Guled

Nozdeuce said:
If EB really is giving it away with a preorder that sounds like the better way to go. Midnight launches in our frozen tundra in November suck :(
figuring vs. Golden hammerburst, still a tough choice.

pr0cs

Guled said:
figuring vs. Golden hammerburst, still a tough choice.
i dono, i'd rather have something physical whenever possible. The figurine is worth $20 on it's own not including the tags. While the in-game weapon is neat i don't think I'd spend $20 worth of points on it.

DogWelder

Btw, this is neither a pre-order bonus nor limited to the LE version. Just go Future Shop midnight on release day and if they don't run out you'll get one. Or just order online.

1cesc said:
Btw, this is neither a pre-order bonus nor limited to the LE version. Just go Future Shop midnight on release day and if they don't run out you'll get one. Or just order online.
Negative. I went to the store to try to preorder and try to clarify.

You cannot preorder the LE, only the regular. You can only get the bonus if you get the LE. That was what I was told in store.

DogWelder

AlphaTwo00 said:
Negative. I went to the store to try to preorder and try to clarify.

You cannot preorder the LE, only the regular. You can only get the bonus if you get the LE. That was what I was told in store.

Ahh, you're right, but I think it'll still work online. I just tried the Buy Now option for the regular edition and the deal still came up. I'm probably going to do that.

Top Bottom