• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf, help me get a new stop gag gpu before rtx 5090!

luca_29_bg

Hello gaffers, i have a 7950x3d, 64 gb ram, but i have a rx 590 that is aging very fast! I can't play even Alan Wake 2 with it!
I'm waiting for the 5090 but my 590 rx struggle very much with un5 games right now, i have a 4tv hooked with my pc but i play for now at 1080p because my rx, i would like to buy a stop gag gpu before the 5090 but i don't want to spend too much money because i'm saving for the 5090. So there is something better than 590 that can at least reach 2k at 60 fps for less money possible ? Thanks in advance to anyone will help me!

Oh it must have hdmi 2.1 so i can get 120 fps in windows at 4k (Actually rx 590 is limited to 2k 120 fps because hdmi 2.0 i guess! )

P.s I live in Italy! So Amazon it would be ideal!

P.s.s I made a decison, my 7900xt will be here tomorrow or the day after, it'sa not a stop gag gpu, i know, i watched some benchmark and i decided that i need some performance right now at 4k (i have 4k tv hooked to my pc) so for now i'ìm set, i dobut that 5090 will have the ray tracing performance and patch tracing needed to make me do the jump to nvidia! Maybe the 6090 or maybe there will be a miracle! For a while, coming from a rx 590, i should be happy! Thanks to anyone for the advices! ^^

Last edited:
  • LOL
Reactions: amc
Accept your gap!
Game Show GIF by ABC Network

//DEVIL//

590.... your GPU inside your CPU is probably faster than a 590.. wtf what kind of stringy are you to keep using a 590 to this day? I almost want to block you for the 590 alone. >_>.

get an Nvidia card as they easy to sell. but if you want to buy one and then keep it for a second build then get the 6800xt. that 16 gig is worth it.

otherwise a 3070 is fine if you can find it cheap ( since its a temp card till 5090 next year )

Last edited:

luca_29_bg

RDNA2 cards are cheap but Loomy there is right. ^^^^

You have had a 590 since 1960 so wait a bit more.
Come on, it was 2018 XD . And the 5090 will be out next year! I need a new gpu to have at least 120 fps in windows in 4k, the difference is staggering for browsing and works with photoshop,etc

luca_29_bg

It's only a few months. Wait. Or do the "sensible" thing and buy a 4090 to keep for a few years.
i don't have the money yet to buy a 4090 but for the end of the year i should have them if I don't spend too much for a stop gag gpu right now. However i want a 5090 for the extra raytracing performance, so i will wait for it, in the mean time a i need a new gpu for 120 fps windows experience mostly!

Last edited:

Loomy

Thinks Microaggressions are Real
i don't have the money yet to buy a 4090 but for the end of the year i should have them if don't spend too much for a stop gag gpu. However i want a 5090 for the extra raytracing performance, so i will wait for it, in the mean time a i need a new gpu for 120 fps windows experience mostly!
Roll the dice on a pre-owned 2060 or something. But you're asking a lot out of a 300euro GPU to get 120fps at 4k. There's rumours that the 5000 series cards will be pushed to 2025. If you absolutely need performance today, get a 4090 and live with it for a few years. Otherwise I'd wait. You'll just be throwing money away because there's no way you're selling your stopgap for anywhere close to what you paid for it.

luca_29_bg

Roll the dice on a pre-owned 2060 or something. But you're asking a lot out of a 300euro GPU to get 120fps at 4k. There's rumours that the 5000 series cards will be pushed to 2025. If you absolutely need performance today, get a 4090 and live with it for a few years. Otherwise I'd wait. You'll just be throwing money away because there's no way you're selling your stopgap for anywhere close to what you paid for it.

I need 120 fps in windows ONLY, like browsing, photoshop use, very old games, emulators, not in recent games of course! My rx 590 is limited to 2560x1440 to 120 fps because hdmi 2.0.

luca_29_bg

Want my Horst opinion if your doing it for just a game or two buy a console there is no stop gap worth it imho. Ride out 8 months and save for a 4080-5099
I'm not doing this for games. but mostly to have windows at 4k with 120 fps (just windows, browser internet, photoshop, etc not recent games at 120 fps of course!)

KungFucius

King Snowflake
Want my Horst opinion if your doing it for just a game or two buy a console there is no stop gap worth it imho. Ride out 8 months and save for a 4080-5099
I can do worse. Buy a firestick and stream gamepass on it. You can stream GOG games on it to via luna.

clarky

Gold Member
I have a rtx 4060. It's $300 and I have it hooked up to my 4k tv at 120hz.

I would get that card off Amazon while you wait.

Especially since you're not gaming.
Ah wait your not gaming? Then yes get what this guy says.

Last edited:
OP, I don't know where you're seeing the 6800 XT for €400, but I can't on there. Also, is Amazon your only digital marketplace for PC hw in Italy? Don't you know any other stores, with cheaper margins?

Anyway, the 7700 XT is around 10-15% of the range of the 6800 XT, depending on titles. €435 for the Sapphire Pulse basic card.

If you can find the 6800 XT cheaper than this, then obviously get that as it's faster, but this is the best I could find not exceeding your budget too much and taking into account price : performance.

Lastly, scout your local hardware market and try to bargain, you'll get a better deal than this for sure.

luca_29_bg

I have a rtx 4060. It's $300 and I have it hooked up to my 4k tv at 120hz.

I would get that card off Amazon while you wait.

Especially since you're not gaming.
Well no, i play games with my pc, and 590 it's starting to not be able to manage unreal engine 5 games decently, not mention Alan Wake 2, that's why i would like to get a gpu capable to do a bit of everything decently!

Last edited:

luca_29_bg

OP, I don't know where you're seeing the 6800 XT for €400, but I can't on there. Also, is Amazon your only digital marketplace for PC hw in Italy? Don't you know any other stores, with cheaper margins?

Anyway, the 7700 XT is around 10-15% of the range of the 6800 XT, depending on titles. €435 for the Sapphire Pulse basic card.

If you can find the 6800 XT cheaper than this, then obviously get that as it's faster, but this is the best I could find not exceeding your budget too much and taking into account price : performance.

Lastly, scout your local hardware market and try to bargain, you'll get a better deal than this for sure.

Sorry it was the 6800 not xt for 389 euro, of course i can buy from other stores as well, amazon doesn't have always the best prices!

Well no, i play games with my pc, and 590 it's starting to not be able to manage unreal engine 5 games decently, that why i would like to get a gpu capable to do a bit of everything!
Ps5 is equivalent to a rtx 2060/2070 and can run ue 5 games decently.

An rtx 4060 can run anything. You won't be gaming 4k on ultra graphics. But it still can run ue 5 games at 1080p. Or any game for that matter at 1080p.

It will be be more than enough for you until you get your 5090.

Oh and it supports that 120hz refresh rate in windows your looking for.

Last edited:

luca_29_bg

the 7700 is very nice! I can find it cheaper on other stores but i would prefer sapphire, i always had sapphire gpu and i like it as brand!

(https://redgaming.it/schede-video/1...rodotto&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=trovaprezzi )

luca_29_bg

Ps5 is equivalent to a rtx 2060/2070 and can run ue 5 games decently.

An rtx 4060 can run anything. You won't be gaming 4k on ultra graphics. But it still can run ue 5 games at 1080p. Or any game for that matter at 1080p.

It will be be more than enough for you until you get your 5090.

Oh and it supports that 120hz refresh rate in windows your looking for.
yes it's a decent card but the 8 gb ram...for 2k games sometimes 8 gb it's not enough! And i don't understand why 7600 is available with 16 gb and not the 7700...i mean i can't find it! o_O

Top Bottom