• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT3| Look out for OT4 before Detox (dat sh!t cray)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recon

Banned
Yeah I agree, but this review poses an interesting debate.

I just read the review. The only debate i can see is if Lil B changed the game. No, he didnt. He did give a lot of attention to producers who are far more talented than him. I'm glad he is doing his thing and making money, but he is only a novelty, nothing more.

Tokubetsu

Villains Never Die is out

Only a couple tracks in but it's his strongest effort to date and I like DiamonxGuns and World Is Not enough.

Villains Never Die is out

Only a couple tracks in but it's his strongest effort to date and I like DiamonxGuns and World Is Not enough.

You stole my post, lol. Yeah, dude needs a better crew to promote his shit. When you got slackers like ASAP getting more hype than him(And I love ASAP, HARLEM!).

Tokubetsu

About halfway through and it's his best tape/album to date. He handled a lot of the production himself and it shows. Production really fits him this time and he's a better song writer/hook writer now in general. He put in work. Put it this way, I wouldn't have minded paying for this album.

Like I said in Facebook. Homeboy is on that "Hollywood" shit. Lana Del Rey got that "Hollywood Sadcore" shit going on. Stevie, is on that "Hollywood Rapcore" shit.

Acid08

Banned
...and, fuck it! let's talk about Outkast too.

blackace legitimately thinks it's big boi, which is fair cause dude's entitled to his opinion especially if he can ban a ninja even when he says crazy shit like phife = tribe. and it's possible the rest of you claiming likewise feel that way too, even if i do kinda suspect that at least one of you are jumping on that bandwagon. here's my only problem with that - bear in mind, its your opinion etc etc

**puts on dickrider hat**

i think em nailed it a while back putting 3 stacks in his top 7 or whatever. how many dudes have a flow so versatile they can just sort've effortlessly weave in & out of some heavy shit, to clubbanger type shit, to just telling a story that doesn't sound like they wrote about it from the project window? i can name black thought and like a few other dudes at best.

that's the whole point to us getting mad that andre's been on some bullshit for years now! but ill even defend his love below or whatever disc; dracula's wedding was a trip and i can personally just listen to him flow on shit like a life in the day of benjamin like thought did on web 2.0, i love shit like that.

i don't get how a dude's present work sucking ass take from his classic shit. in terms of legacy or whatever, sure, but in terms of i just put my headsets on & threw on southerplaylistic or aquemini or whatever, cmon. Nas' sonic cycle and even if he does another 3 streets disciple or whatever, it doesnt change how dope illmatic sounds. i don't get that! if we magically see an Outkast album next year, ill adjust my expectations accordingly, but it cant retroactively make the great albums sound lesser to me.

TL;DR Metal Gear Solid 4 being what it was didn't MGS3 any less of being one of the best games of all time, no matter how hard it tried. i mean, fuck kojima, para-medic gave gray fox a fucking vivisection, really man?

Yo, shut your ass up about MGS4. We brothers because we believe in Liquid Swords 2 but I won't have you talking shit about the Game of the Generation.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Fuck yeah, new Wax tape. Loved his last one. Still play Two Wheels and Dispensary Girl all the time.

I dont miss Andre at all, Big Boi is better off without him. Hope Outkast is dead for good, just give me Big Boi albums and I'll be happy.

ps MGS4 is the biggest pile of horseshit to ever dribble it's way out of Kojima's overrated asshole.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Siddx stamp of apporval here folks. Shit is good.

It's that "get drunk at noon, obsess over the people that wronged you, and slowly stew while you fantasize about burying motherfuckers in the woods" type shit. I love that type of shit.

Esch

Banned
my top 5

1.Section80
2.Covert Coup
3.Return of 4eva
4.Honkey Kong
5.Oneirology(warmed up to this a lot recently)

I didnt dig Setbacks either, i also like that song a lot. Q seems like a pretty directionless emcee to me but his voice/style really shone on that track.

P.S. MGS4 is a blast if you ignore the plotholes and stupid shit, the gameplay is great.

iavi

This Wax tape, Eviction Notice, is pretty fucking good. The dude can flow his ass off, and his self-depreciating/cynical ass approach to his storytelling is entertaining throughout the whole tape.

Also, that new Schoolboy Q track is dope as fuck. Setbacks is sitting in my backlog, but I'm pretty hyped to get around to it.

That new Q track is fucking sick, kinda annoyed by Kendricks "woos" on the track though but whatever it's still great.

Top 5:

1. Return of 4eva
2. Oneirology
3. Honkey Kong
4. No Kings
5. Covert Coupe
6. [reserved for HnC]
7. Undun
8. Section 80
9. Cold Day in Hell
10. Radioactive

this will probably change in a couple weeks, this is just a beta

Andre is too busy making clothes, anyways. I guess that I'd rather him be doing that than awful verses like he did on the "Deuces" remix.

"..What it entails is hard to say like selling seashells by the shore, but she's not a bore, nor either a whore, who needs to know more?"

Jay Sosa

Why are you guys doing your top 10 in november anyways?

Won't listen to anything from that Q album until I hold it in my hands (or on my mp3 player)

Did that with Section 80 and it makes the experience so much better if you don't know half the tracks (imho)

PBY

Banned
Round up of shit:
http://www.datpiff.com/Far-East-Movement-Bump-From-The-Trunk-Vol-1-mixtape.288687.html
Far_East_Movement_Bump_From_The_Trunk_Vol_1-front-large.jpg

^poppy banging party playlist/mix

l
break-them-boyz-off-free-compilation.jpg

http://www.datpiff.com/BDBO-Break-Dem-Boyz-Off-Compilation-mixtape.285630.html

Hell_Rell_Black_Cloud-front-large.jpg

http://www.datpiff.com/Hell-Rell-The-Black-Cloud-mixtape.286243.html

and the new stevie crooks

iavi

@Sosa

I'm not officially putting a top anything together till sometime into next month, but I am trying to get an idea.

And I hear you on waiting for the physical releases. I love it too, but beside the fact that a lot of tapes never even get a physical release, my addiction to the immediate just needs to get fed.

Jay Sosa

And I hear you on waiting for the physical releases. I love it too, but beside the fact that a lot of tapes never even get a physical release, my addiction to the immediate just needs to get fed.

I kinda got used to it by now..but I still won't pay more than 7 bucks for an album that's dl only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom