• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT3| Look out for OT4 before Detox (dat sh!t cray)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PBY

Banned
They did it 5 times at our concert, the last one was a bit too much, I seriously thought my throat was bleeding :lol

And a lot of people left after the second one, the rest was just for the hell of it. I mean, why the fuck not!?

Seriously, its a why not thing; you either get NiP once or more times; why would you turn down more music?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
siddx wasn't kidding, on subsequent listens of Radioactive, you listen and your like where the fuck is the bass. It's so apparent in Animal. The song actually has this faux bass going on.

Still not feeling the album. All the female features are great though. Male ones are good to okay. Was gonna say the Rittz one was ass but the beat just sucks. Even Em's verse does nothing for me.

coldvein

Banned
You're my man Kam, but anyone willing to listen to the same song 10 times in a row at a concert is fucking brain damaged. Especially a song as average as NIP.

I could understand for an encore do it a couple times just to hype the fans up. But anything more than 3 times would seriously piss me off, considering how much tickets were.

yuuup. i could see maybe doing an extended version as an encore or something.. but the same fucking song repeated? i've been to a lot of shows, various genres, and i've never heard of something like this..

DominoKid

siddx wasn't kidding, on subsequent listens of Radioactive, you listen and your like where the fuck is the bass. It's so apparent in Animal. The song actually has this faux bass going on.

Still not feeling the album. All the female features are great though. Male ones are good to okay. Was gonna say the Rittz one was ass but the beat just sucks. Even Em's verse does nothing for me.

that song should fucking thump.
i couldnt put my finger on what was missing from that song but that's it.

PBY

Banned
yuuup. i could see maybe doing an extended version as an encore or something.. but the same fucking song repeated? i've been to a lot of shows, various genres, and i've never heard of something like this..
You ever been to a show with castle swag with pyrotechnics and lasers and gladiator kilts? yeah.

Recon

Banned
You ever been to a show with castle swag with pyrotechnics and lasers and gladiator kilts? yeah.

I was at Kanye's Glow In The Dark Tour. The reason i didnt get tickets to WTT was i thought WTT was trash and i figured i saw the superior Kanye Tour.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
tumblr_lpsluknGMx1qha8lao1_500.gif

ijoIFW.gif

GrapeApes

Watching the Victoria's Secret fashion show. Jay and Kanye performing Niggas in Paris. Damnit why Jay keep saying "crazy" and not cray?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Damn.. Mannie Fresh dropping some mad knowledge on this Lecture.

Bun B was supposed to be part of the Big Tymers? Lil Wayne promised his mama he wouldn't swear at first? Lulz.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Damn.. Mannie Fresh dropping some mad knowledge on this Lecture.

Bun B was supposed to be part of the Big Tymers? Lil Wayne promised his mama he wouldn't swear at first? Lulz.

Didn't hear about Bun-B.. but the Lil Weezy thing is old news.. he even said it on his last Cash Money album the Mind of Mannie Fresh

Throavium

I know people are getting kind of tired of Big Ghost, but this car analogy had me dying.

http://bigghostnahmean.blogspot.com/

"Ayo I just seen this video wit that nigga Drake talkin foul bout his elders n shit. Son be splashin his cologne on niggas nahmean. He tryna rub his cologne on niggas n keep his ass in the picture namsayin. He like that nigga in the backseat of the car pokin his head between the front seats tryna stay in the conversation wit front seat niggas nahmean. Ayo Jay n Kanye be some front seat niggas son. Niggas got seat warmers n shit. Niggas can change the station on the car stereo namsayin. The nigga Drake be tryna play wit the knobs on the stereo nahmean. Son can’t adjust the heat controls n shit cos he a backseat nigga namsayin. Nigga you jus look out the side windows aight. You aint built for no windshield views n shit. Niggas like Drake aint built for the front seat son. Son in the back with the child locks n shit. You aint no airbag havin nigga Aubrey. You need another niggas permissions n shit to crack ya windows nahmean. Niggas need to open ya doors son. Muthafuckas in the front seats open they own doors namsayin. Front seat niggas got legroom son. Niggas push back they seats n take yours nahmean. Ayo Drake niggas is takin ya legroom if they see ya ass. Ya backseat ass muthafucka."

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Didn't hear about Bun-B.. but the Lil Weezy thing is old news.. he even said it on his last Cash Money album the Mind of Mannie Fresh
Hearing Mannie Fresh talking about Cash Money, Katrina and everything after is hard. I didn't even know Jay offered Mannie a deal at Def Jam, that Cash Money fucked up too. Baby not telling him about taking his half, damn. Birdman is striving for Diddy-snake status.

EDIT: Lmfao @ Mystikal getting out of jail and not knowing what e-mail is.

iavi

New Schoolboy is crazy, Stevie is amazing, Wax is great....Haven't even checked out the new Juicy J, but what a day!

Echoing the sentiment. I went into VLNS NVR DIE right after the wax tape, and said got damn. Grade A tapes back to back. Feels good.

Esch

Banned
I know people are getting kind of tired of Big Ghost, but this car analogy had me dying.

http://bigghostnahmean.blogspot.com/

The mase picture/section slew me

EDIT: J Cole slain

But the boy Young Eeyore? He know how to play his position b. Thats why Jermaine finally winnin. Cos 1) he accepted his fate as a backseat muthafucka n 2) he dont step on nobody toes. As you can see in the video son dont even sit in the front seat when he jus hangin wit his boys. Thats a humble ass nigga rite there b. Mind you son got his backseat order on at the Krispy Kremes...but he was jus overjoyed to be eatin I think nahmean. Son wasnt seein a whole lotta meals before he dropped his Lolmatic joint n sailed to the top of the charts namsayin. So Im happy for him par. I think Jay even started answerin the niggas calls. So Im happy for that boy Cole. Far as the rest of these backseat muthafuckas go...learn from the little homie n stop fuckin up the game.

Blackace

Hearing Mannie Fresh talking about Cash Money, Katrina and everything after is hard. I didn't even know Jay offered Mannie a deal at Def Jam, that Cash Money fucked up too. Baby not telling him about taking his half, damn. Birdman is striving for Diddy-snake status.

EDIT: Lmfao @ Mystikal getting out of jail and not knowing what e-mail is.

Mannie was locked into a Def Jam south deal for a min..

Kaizer

Banned
Cash Money passed on Kanye?

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Bullet dodged.

I have no clue how that would've even worked out. I could see it now - Birdman rubbing his hands together in the Jesus Walks video - "Yeah Ye, give theze sinnaz da bizness homeboy. Cash Money Holy Water flow niggaz! Chi-City stand up, Yeezy, the holiest nigga, wit da holiest flow."

Blackace

I have no clue how that would've even worked out. I could see it now - Birdman rubbing his hands together in the Jesus Walks video - "Yeah Ye, give theze sinnaz da bizness homeboy. Cash Money Holy Water flow niggaz! Chi-City stand up, Yeezy, the holiest nigga, wit da holiest flow."

Yeah because Birdman needs gangstas like Drake..

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Yea, all of them flashy lights boy, it's a flashy lifestyle
playing with these watches and margiela jackets like they ain't nothin
100 hunned, we the businness, hunned million diamonds of sierra leone ya feel me

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Big Ghost's little bit on Papoose had me rolling.

"This n***a truly believes in his heart that he the king of New York tho son. Im sayin...like 3 million n****s would have to die first before son is even in the top 100 to be a contender for that title par."

Blackace

Big Ghost's little bit on Papoose had me rolling.

"This n***a truly believes in his heart that he the king of New York tho son. Im sayin...like 3 million n****s would have to die first before son is even in the top 100 to be a contender for that title par."

Was just talking to my boy from BK yesterday about Papoose... and until like a few weeks ago I thought he was like native American.. lol..

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Papoose is the epitome of everything that sucks about New York hip hop. From his tired ass lyrics, try to hard persona, bragging ass attitude that he hasn't earned, a shit ear for beats, and no business sense whatsoever. In fact, thats my new term for a boring ass stereotypical NY rapper. "Naw I don't fuck with so and so, he's straight up papoosing"

coldvein

Banned
No Kings is great, not liking Dessa's solo album too much. The beginning was good but all the singing made my attention stray.

castor has be getting a ton of playtime in my world.. the singing is great, man! beautiful stuff. the band is great.. subtle, super effective. if i had a soul this record might make me cry.

(if you're talking about a badly broken code and not castor the twin, forget what i just typed)

and yeah, no kings destroys.

Despite having somewhat similar styles they made a constantly interesting album that magnifies their slight differences. Never got tired of any of them and never went too long without hearing someone I wanted to hear again.

Slaughterhouse take note.

coldvein

Banned
Despite having somewhat similar styles they made a constantly interesting album that magnifies their slight differences. Never got tired of any of them and never went too long without hearing someone I wanted to hear again.

agreed. doomtree knocked this one outta the fucking park. i am proud.

Jay Sosa

which reminds me that the skits on that album are hilarious.

Waynes takeover 2

one of my favorite wayne tracks btw.

Birdman is striving for Diddy-snake status.

Hahaah what? P and Birdman have been raping their artists when diddy was still a skinny ass dude looking ridiculous in biggie videos. If anything Diddy learned from them.

EDIT: thanks for posting that Mannie interview, I just love that dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom