• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT3| Look out for OT4 before Detox (dat sh!t cray)

Status
Not open for further replies.

joelseph

The remix album for one of the best rap songs of last year.

NSFW WARNING: There are TITS on the album cover. You have been WARNED.

CENSORED FOR SHINOBIFIST

Esch

Banned
Bit of a moment of shame for me... Listening to Lost Tapes for the first time. Stellar. Shame it never got released like a real album hype etc

Acid08

Banned
tumblr_lxni85uDba1qb8oeu.jpg

Childish Gambino has a new mixtape coming out soon, just saw it on Tumblr. No date or anything, just said soon.

Detox

I think the plan was to release Lost Tapes and then Life is Good within a year and his deal would be over. At which point he could go independent, I don't see what a major label gives him apart from a nice advance which he seems to love. There was talk of him releasing it as a second disc with Life is Good but it would be better as a mixtape to build up hype for the album rather then packed together.

Recon

Banned
Watched this earlier....video is fine for what it is, but LOL at the Dre Beats product placement

I found the Monster Energy drink placement worse. They both are only in the video for 1 second each though. I Need A Doctor was much worse with product placement.

Esch

Banned
As much as I troll Cole I don't get how Just Can't Get Enough didnt blow the fuck up. That shit is like young adult demographic nailed.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
As much as I troll Cole I don't get how Just Can't Get Enough didnt blow the fuck up. That shit is like young adult demographic nailed.
THATS A HOOK RIGHT THURR

It's cause the beat isn't catchy or poppy enough. I remember someone saying Bring Em In would've been a great single, and I said the same about that song, despite it being kind of catchy and the lyrics are on point, the beat there was far too rugged to go all Black & Yellow everywhere.

If the beat's alright, she will dance all night.

Bishman

Cole World! I've been going to grown clubs and bars and people love Work Out. It will take time but Can't Get Enough will be another hit.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Fuck yeah Celly Cel.

Thinking back, there was a point in the 50 and Ross beef where 50 had Ross on the fucking ropes, but then he just fucking walked away and went to go play on twitter or something. After the cartoons and video of "Tia" I remember the perception of Ross being pretty goddamn negative among both fans and other rappers. Gotta give credit to Ross for scrambling back up from all that and landing on top.

My thought was fuck yeah C-Bo!

Didn't 50 take a video in Ross' house?

Blackace

Cole World! I've been going to grown clubs and bars and people love Work Out. It will take time but Can't Get Enough will be another hit.

Work Out can get off... But I don't see much else off that album getting much burn in clubs.. bars maybe

DominoKid

THATS A HOOK RIGHT THURR

It's cause the beat isn't catchy or poppy enough. I remember someone saying Bring Em In would've been a great single, and I said the same about that song, despite it being kind of catchy and the lyrics are on point, the beat there was far too rugged to go all Black & Yellow everywhere.

i only recently realized that he wasted half a verse on that shit. i can only assume he (mistakenly) thought it'd be catchy.

Bring Em In sounds like a demo. that beat needed more time in the oven

Blackace

im responding to your list of top 10 disses.

Oh.. because the post you quoted was me ragging on Ye...

Ether had enough venom in it mixed with skill there wasn't much coming back to that...

Takeover was kind of wack.. and Nas ate his lunch.

Of course now Jay-Z pours him a half a cup of his two cups..

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
i only recently realized that he wasted half a verse on that shit. i can only assume he (mistakenly) thought it'd be catchy.

Bring Em In sounds like a demo. that beat needed more time in the oven
I like it. It's got a rugged sound to it that I have a taste for. Kinda also why I liked the leaked version of That's My Bitch better than the final. Sounded too clean, they removed the rawness of it all. Chalk it up to audio quality or whatever but sometimes I like the raw end result.

overcast

tumblr_lxni85uDba1qb8oeu.jpg

Childish Gambino has a new mixtape coming out soon, just saw it on Tumblr. No date or anything, just said soon.
Oh hell yeah. I guess this is what he is doing with his time while community is dead.
I preferred "Can't Get Enough" but look like the dude does have some mainstream viability after all.

THATS A HOOK RIGHT THURR

I'm surprised Work Out is so popular. First of all the track is absolute garbage. Isn't too catchy, and it took a good 6 months to catch on. Can't Get Enough is definitely better.

Was this posted?
Lupe and Pharrell collaboration album. I don't know if I care or not. It's CRS without Kanye.

Hawkmosis

Banned
I think Donald Glover talks about going to the Confederate Monument Stone Mountain as a child with his parents in his Marc Maron interview a bit, its good stuff. Now its the mixtape album cover..........sweet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom