• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT3| Look out for OT4 before Detox (dat sh!t cray)

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the talk of who would you rather have alive Premier got a new interview with Bootleg Kev where he says the quality of music would be better if people like Big L, Pac, Big, Pun were alive because they wouldn't allow some of the bad rappers to get big.

He also says the whole album with Nas is going to happen, Nas told him at rock the bells that he just needed to get some other albums done before. I think Nas wants to get off Def Jam before doing it.

Oh snap Premier said he is about to do something with Gza, could be Liquid Swords 2 I know RZA is supposed to do all of it but what could this be?

I remember that Preemo and Pete announced a collabo project and apparently Preemo got GZA on board.

Edit: Here you go

Esch

Banned
hiphopgaf one of my best friends is tryin to wife his girlfriend of six months at age 23 straight out of college....i want to tell dude he's lost his mind but i just cant, he's too happy over the engagement :lol

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
hiphopgaf one of my best friends is tryin to wife his girlfriend of six months at age 23 straight out of college....i want to tell dude he's lost his mind but i just cant, he's too happy over the engagement :lol

I did damn near the same exact thing. Ten years later, still happily married.

Recon

Banned

So stupid. Granted, I think marriage is a complete waste of time. Still, he is only 23 plus they only been dating for 6 months? Wonder if that will last.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
I did damn near the same exact thing. Ten years later, still happily married.

You're an exception, most people who get married after that short a period at that young an age don't last. I'm like recon, I'm not a fan of marriage anyways, but if you do get married, I feel like you should be around 30 at least. Set your own life up before dragging someone else into it.

WanderingWind

You're an exception, most people who get married after that short a period at that young an age don't last. I'm like recon, I'm not a fan of marriage anyways, but if you do get married, I feel like you should be around 30 at least. Set your own life up before dragging someone else into it.

I think the stats, last I checked were about 50/50. But yeah, just trying to give Esch some hope that his friend could still be happy. Flip of a coin.

Esch

Banned
I'm just not getting married. I just don't think the system works that well for most people. Reading through that 'asking fathers for marriage' thread made me realize how selfish and inconsiderate a lot of people are even when it comes to the families that they're marrying into.

I think the stats, last I checked were about 50/50. But yeah, just trying to give Esch some hope that his friend could still be happy. Flip of a coin.

It's even more complicated by the fact that they're both army. I think they're even in the same unit. smh

Recon

Banned
I'm just not getting married. I just don't think the system works that well for most people. Reading through that 'asking fathers for marriage' thread made me realize how selfish and inconsiderate a lot of people are even when it comes to the families that they're marrying into.

Yeah, they OP of that thread was beyond selfish. It is hard to imagine people thinking shit like that is acceptable.

WanderingWind

50/50 is horrible odds for something as life altering as marriage.

It's like a 4th and 1 call. If you make it, you're a genius. If you don't, you're fucked. So far, I'm fucking thankful every day I took the chance.

Not saying its for everybody, but just throwing down my experiences. It's been great.

Recon

Banned
It's like a 4th and 1 call. If you make it, you're a genius. If you don't, you're fucked. So far, I'm fucking thankful every day I took the chance.

Not saying its for everybody, but just throwing down my experiences. It's been great.

I am glad it is working out for you. But I just do not see the advantage. I mean, I am all for settling down, and shit like that. But without the papers. Marriage makes a relationship way more complicated.

WanderingWind

I am glad it is working out for you. But I just do not see the advantage. I mean, I am all for settling down, and shit like that. But without the papers. Marriage makes a relationship way more complicated.

Eh. Not for us. Made things a lot less so, actually. I don't know how y'all single cats put up with shit like Facebook when dating. I would've been found out for the whore I was beforehand. As is, there is a town in NM I'm straight not allowed to go back to. If FB had been around, I woulda got shot.

Plus, dual incomes fucking rock.

Nabs

I don't think I have it in me to listen to an entire (new) Common album anymore, but this beat on "Dreamer" is sick. I may sit through this for No ID.

siddx

Eh. Not for us. Made things a lot less so, actually. I don't know how y'all single cats put up with shit like Facebook when dating. I would've been found out for the whore I was beforehand. As is, there is a town in NM I'm straight not allowed to go back to. If FB had been around, I woulda got shot.

Yeah its been a problem. "So I was looking on your facebook....you sure do have a lot of pictures with girls on there"
oh jesus fuck here we go...

SUPREME1

Banned
Pac had reason to ask reckless. Pac changed, but it was never so drastically out of his lane. That was some real shit and far more dire situations than these two over a girl or whatever arbitrary snowballing problem Common has with sweet rappers, etc. It's so cliche to say people should learn from what happened to Pac and Big, but it's the goddamn truth and motherfuckers don't want to listen because it's cool to be ignorant instead of learning a thing or two.

I'm surprised GAF-Hop hasn't already started a photoshop contest or something to figure out what exactly Drake's "goons" look like. *shines Macca signal in the air* Probably softer than Birdman's doves. Those doves go hard body. PRRRRRRRRRRRR.

Genuine lulz from me...

siddx

Obviously Drake's goons are:
EHCTa.jpg

DominoKid

Hov says he's gonna stop saying bitch now that he has a daughter...but it was cool when it was just Beyonce right?

Before I got in the game, made a change, and got rich,
I didn’t think hard about using the word B—-.
I rapped, I flipped it, I sold it, I lived it
now with my daughter in this world
I curse those that give it.
I never realized while on the fast track
that I’d give riddance to the word bitch, to leave her innocence in tact.
No man will degrade her, or call her out her name
the women won’t despise her and call her the same.
I know it’s gonna miss me
cuz we been together like Nike Airs and crisp tees
when we all used to hang out front
singing 99 problems but a lady ain’t one.
Excuse me miss, can I be your mister
cuz I can tell the difference from a little girl and a sister,
She never grew up, her father left her alone
I promise not to talk like we used to
until Kingdom Come.
I’m so focused on your future,
The degradation has passed
I wish you wealth, health, and insight
forever young you may pass.
Blue Ivy Carter, my angel.

Hov think he slick. Always calculating. Always plotting.

Esch

Banned

diligent and prudent untagging

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
good shit
Thanks man, means a lot. I've bumped quite a few of your songs myself, definitely on point.

... speechless. That was dope, once I finish it I'll post the whole thing.
Glad you liked it. Wasn't sure if you would since I just kinda yolked it up without saying anything but it was like 1:00AM. I just got my portable "studio" set up, as my main one is getting a major rehaul once my cousin and I save up money for a year, so I was fidgeting around with it and that's the first thing I've recorded on it so I had a couple of hassles.. I heard the beat and saw no one responded so I thought I would just kind of do it as a surprise. How long have you been producing?

Ay yoooooo...Check your PM's soon, both of ya...Loving this shit right here, peace. Stat Flow, you remind of Scarface with DJ Quik on top....
That's a big compliment. Thanks man. Sent my response to your PM.

Az

Thanks man, means a lot. I've bumped quite a few of your songs myself, definitely on point.

Glad you liked it. Wasn't sure if you would since I just kinda yolked it up without saying anything but it was like 1:00AM. I just got my portable "studio" set up, as my main one is getting a major rehaul once my cousin and I save up money for a year, so I was fidgeting around with it and that's the first thing I've recorded on it so I had a couple of hassles.. I heard the beat and saw no one responded so I thought I would just kind of do it as a surprise. How long have you been producing?

That's a big compliment. Thanks man. Sent my response to your PM.

For a portable studio, and it being that quick the quality was quite good. I am also in the process on re-doing everything for my studio. Wanted to get the MPC500 but changed my mind to the 1000, and need some studio monitors asap. But no hurries, I'd rather take my time than buy cheap stuff.
I started off sometime 1999 as an MC, and doing little graffiti. Making beats came a bit later, once I learned to work with different instruments and programs. Stopped with music entirely in 2008 after my best friend died and now slowly coming back. There is the mini bio lol.
But do enjoy your flow quite a bit. Impressive.

siddx

These guys are boss, what'chu talkin bout.

They're Canadian. You can't be boss and be Canadian at the same time. It's immposibru eh

But I realize that still may be giving them too much credit.
I imagine his goon squad is more like
WITaI.jpg

which is a hilarious as fuck video btw

siddx

Oh and great shit Stat and Soul Creator. Impressive stuff from both a ya'll.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Pusha T, Big Sean & Mannie Fresh finishing up the G.O.O.D. Music album in London.

sD89X.jpg
Glad to see the Mannie Fresh session wasn't a one time thing. Aww yeah.

So far, gotta disagree with ReconYoda, HnC is sounding worse than Setbacks, but still so many dope songs on there. Seems a bit more inconsistent on first listen, but it's early. The song that samples CuDi is great.

Common discusses Drake beef. Common discusses why at the beginning Drake pulled his own ass into it. Serena is brought up, he doesn't really say anything one way or another, but even Common has trouble explaining what he even meant with Sweet, just like he did in his album commentary videos.

Recon

Banned
Glad to see the Mannie Fresh session wasn't a one time thing. Aww yeah.

So far, gotta disagree with ReconYoda, HnC is sounding worse than Setbacks, but still so many dope songs on there. Seems a bit more inconsistent on first listen, but it's early. The song that samples CuDi is great.

Thats the thing, I felt Setbacks was super inconsistent and borderline mediocre at times. It felt like he didnt know what he wanted the album to be. This is much more consistent, plus, There He Go is easily his best song, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom