• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT3| Look out for OT4 before Detox (dat sh!t cray)

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Thats the thing, I felt Setbacks was super inconsistent and borderline mediocre at times. It felt like he didnt know what he wanted the album to be. This is much more consistent, plus, There He Go is easily his best song, IMO.
The complex-er production is putting me off at first, and I still don't see an indication of any sort of direction with HnC. Never expected any, but they both sound like collections of hard, gangster songs to me. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but I wouldn't call either cohesive per ce. And There He Go being his best song? Don't know about that, Druggys With Hoes holds a special place in my heart.

Wait, there's gonna be some Mannie Fresh production on that?!
Yeah in one of the WTT Voyr episodes I believe, Mannie Fresh and GOOD were in a penthouse suite or something and Kanye was telling him about how much he liked his versatile production. But that didn't look like the same room in the pics, and I doubt that was out in London as Pusha and co. just headed out there yesterday.

Recon

Banned
The complex-er production is putting me off at first, and I still don't see an indication of any sort of direction with HnC. Never expected any, but they both sound like collections of hard, gangster songs to me. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but I wouldn't call either cohesive per ce. And There He Go being his best song? Don't know about that, Druggys With Hoes holds a special place in my heart.

Im getting a general idea of his sound with HnC, where with Setbacks I just didnt know what kind of artist he was. Also, you think HnC is a bunch of hard, gangster songs? I mean, some of the tracks are getting me hyped, but I wouldnt ever classify them as a whole, "Gangster songs"

njean777

Im getting a general idea of his sound with HnC, where with Setbacks I just didnt know what kind of artist he was. Also, you think HnC is a bunch of hard, gangster songs? I mean, some of the tracks are getting me hyped, but I wouldnt ever classify them as a whole, "Gangster songs"

umm where are you guys finding this album?

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Pusha T, Big Sean & Mannie Fresh finishing up the G.O.O.D. Music album in London.

http://i.imgur.com/sD89X.jpg
whoa whoa whoa WHOA.......whoa.

rXIHV.jpg

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
I just hope it's pure Mannie Fresh production, and not some Mannie with a weird mix of his and Ye's production smashed together.

I just hope it's pure Mannie Fresh production, and not some Mannie with a weird mix of his and Ye's production smashed together.

Mannie: check out this hot beat
Kanye: damn that's fiyah, lemme add some strings and a choir and and wack drums and a harp and some dick suckin sound effects and some -
Mannie: ok:(

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
With Mannie they'd have at least two good producers working on the album

I hope you're wrong and lol typical GAF-Hop Kanye hating. Watch when the GOOD album comes out, turns out good and you guys still say it sucks just so you won't have to admit you like something from Kanye

K.Jack

I hope you're wrong and lol typical GAF-Hop Kanye hating. Watch when the GOOD album comes out, turns out good and you guys still say it sucks just so you won't have to admit you like something from Kanye

lol_what-1.gif

Why are you so mad about it though? Where is the hate in my post?

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser

lol sure, not everyone has kanye's dick in their mouth and not everyone enjoys the kind of bullshit music he puts out.

Recon

Banned

Oh yeah, because that happened with WTT....

I admit I like plenty of Ye's material. College Dropout/Late Registration/50% of Graduation/808s. All stellar.

njean777

Most people on here like Ye, just a lot of people hated WTT, and Dark fantasy. I personally liked both of those projects also. No problem with people not sharing the same opinion.

#HnC for AOTY 2012.

Havent heard Kendrick's new album yet, how can one say this???? Or the GOOD Album...

Haven't heard it yet, waiting til Tuesday I guess (but it leaked, huh?)

...but yeah I'd be cool with that prediction. It's clinched in top 5 from just the songs that have been released already imo. Oh and Grooveline pt. 1 is kinda disappointing considering all the names involved there.

Tokubetsu

Most people on here like Ye, just a lot of people hated WTT, and Dark fantasy. I personally liked both of those projects also. No problem with people not sharing the same opinion.

Havent heard Kendrick's new album yet, how can one say this???? Or the GOOD Album...

Because my opnion on Kendrick has been well documented already and I'm not trying to bring bullshit back up in this thread and fuck GOOD. I only want new music from Ye and Cudi. Everyone else on GOOD can go kill themselves.

Haven't heard it yet, waiting til Tuesday I guess (but it leaked, huh?)

...but yeah I'd be cool with that prediction. It's clinched in top 5 from just the songs that have been released already imo. Oh and Grooveline pt. 1 is kinda disappointing considering all the names involved there.

I bought it off itunes. Supporting.

njean777

Because my opnion on Kendrick has been well documented already and I'm not trying to bring bullshit back up in this thread and fuck GOOD. I only want new music from Ye and Cudi. Everyone else on GOOD can go kill themselves.

I bought it off itunes. Supporting.

Oh I did not know you did not like Kendrick, my bad...

IrishNinja

are we still posting these? you can't not fuckin love 2Pac & Scarface - Smile

Dilla obviously. Name me one producer that challenged himself to evolve his style just to do a complete 180° and try something new as much as Dilla did. Most people only know his soul stuff but man, when he started flipping synths... The beats on some unreleased bootlegs and rare beats are insane. I'm 100% certain that he had so much more in him. Personally I feel that his death was the biggest loss in hip-hop.

mkCtS.jpg

preach

You're an exception, most people who get married after that short a period at that young an age don't last. I'm like recon, I'm not a fan of marriage anyways, but if you do get married, I feel like you should be around 30 at least. Set your own life up before dragging someone else into it.

...PREACH

hahaha, RIP (i think puck is back? hard to keep up with).

also, GOOD shit is really taking shape.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
This Schoolboy Q is impressive as fuck right now. 13 tracks in and every beat is distinctive and catchy beyond belief. He put in work crafting this record, this is some real good shit.

Tokubetsu

i don't even know what album you're talking about, but doesn't itunes take a good cut of the funds on sales? should have bought it off dude's bandcamp or something if whoever it is has one.

I would've, if he had one. Trust me, I'm on that bandcamp tip. I love finding shit on bandcamp. Particularly instrumentals.

iavi

theres so much crap ass shit on bandcamp to sift through when im looking for shit to freestyle over.

Yeah, I love the concept of bandcamp, but it's like there's 6 shit releases for every good one. Unless you're linked to it, finding the really good shit can take a long while.

Recon

Banned
Yeah, I love the concept of bandcamp, but it's like there's 6 shit releases for every good one. Unless you're linked to it, finding the really good shit can take a long while.

I let Gaf-Hop sift through the garbage. I find that a lot of gems end up being posted here.

K.Jack

You know I still have to listen to drakes album. But I'd rather listen to the weeknd.

You'd like it, because it sounds like The Weeknd assisted with or crafted half of it. I bet he got a nice check under the table.

Seriously, it's a good ass album.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom